Start by marking “Sea of Dreams” as Want to Read:

(American Heroes #14)

Blakesley Thorne moved to San Diego to escape a horrendous history in Los Angeles; a divorce, betrayal and murder were only part of it. A distant cousin of marshal Wyatt Earp, Blakesley intends to start a new life with her three very young daughters in the old homestead that has been in her family for generations. The home, one of the very first great homesteads to be buil ...more
Published February 1st 2012 by Dragonblade Publishing (first published January 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Sea of Dreams, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sea of Dreams

Karla

3 Stars! This book had such potential and the first 30% was a 5 star read. What could have been a great book, was filled with one too many melodramatic moments. Less would have been better. There was enough to go on just dealing with the love story between Beck and Blakesley, his job as a S.E.A.L commander, and the effect it had on him and his family.

The relationship between Beck and Blakesley heated up at warped speed, yet it felt right! The author wrote a tender, passionate, intimate scene, that ha
Charlie
Jul 04, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: 3-stars
Sea Of Dreams (American Heroes, #14) by Kathryn Le Veque

I would have never picked this book out on my own, but I needed it for a challenge I'm participating in which is why I gave it a chance. I don't necessarily regret it. It wasn't as bad as I feared it'd be. There was a heavy case of insta-love that I really didn't believe in and was a bit too convenient for my taste, but what I did like about this was the family aspect it had. Blakesley has three daughters and I liked how she acted around them and the way she always thought of them. That is how
Diane
another SEAL book which i certainly enjoyed, however, the timeline was off several times--in one chapter kids are 5 and 8, a few chapters but only a few more weeks along, they are 6 and 9. i shouldn't quibble too much since it was free, though!
Kim
Jul 29, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This book has just been added to my all time favorites list, and Ms. Le Veque has become a new favorite author.

Beck Seavington, an officer and a gentleman, in every sense, is a character whom you will instantly fall in love with and wish that you could throw yourself into a riptide for the chance to be rescued by a handsome SEAL.

Blakesly Thorne is a young mother of three trying to put a nasty, sordid divorce behind her when Beck literally comes to her rescue, and the rest
Char (1RadReader59)
Jul 25, 2012 rated it it was amazing
It was a real pleasure & privilege to be able to read this story.Yes there were typos, yes there were creative licensing yet there was so much realism & creative of words to spin a good story. It's just made a great story, about a single American Hero character out of an elite unit of the S.E.A.L.S. It's told in a was to get you see how hard it is to be in the unit & have a family & the pressures that come to the person you love I this case Blakesley & Beck. I cried hard in s ...more
Alison
Nov 12, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I loved it - had to stop reading a a few times as I didn't want to read what happened next - glad I did as. Had me in floods of tears - even when I was reading this at the kids swimming lessons - had some weird looks!
Linda Riha
Jul 19, 2014 rated it really liked it
At first I was rolling my eyes... the book seemed to have
unrealistic "games" that the two new lovers were playing.
I really liked the book once the two got married.
There was a lot of drama. Again, the ending was good...
it was a fun read!
P.e. lolo
Jul 29, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: romance-military
Good story, I got this book on my phones kindle. I was surprised that story was fast paced and moved very fast. A good story, a few mistakes but that was not the writers fault.
Dorinda Houchin
Jan 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
To catch a S.E.A.L.

Once again a wonderful story about men who are a step above the rest. Knowing some men in the Special Operations Community I can fill ever character with a name of someone I know. Just like the characters in Kathryn Le Veque's historical romances you have characters who you can appreciate their ability to be be true to themselves and the women they love.
Men who are willing to sacrifice all for their country. Military wives who are strong and understand deployments are a par
Sue
Jun 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is the 2d contempary book I've read from this author. I loved this book. It's not a time travel or descendants of her medieval books. This is about a Navy Seal who rescues a mother's little girl out of the surf. She's had a lot of heartache from her past and she's just trying to raise of 3 little girls. But Beck wants more with her. When her past comes back to haunt her he's there for moral support.
Ardy Mattox
Dec 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Sea of dreams is a super book!

Lots of excitement and fun with tension and some sadness. Good friends well fleshed our with our hero and heroine. It was pretty well written with few errors
laurie price
Aug 11, 2018 rated it liked it
Definitely Escapist

Adorable love story but a couple plot lines seemed wildly unrealistic. Still a quick enjoyable read as long as the reader doesn't know too much about the military or what is really allowed.
Gwenn
Dec 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
What a roller coaster ride

Lots lot action and mystery that keeps you reading. What a great big loving family that has been put through so much. Very good read
Ella Rae Baas
Sep 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Amazing

LeVeque’s ability to tell a beautiful love story in any time is amazing and a talent for which I am extremely grateful!
Barbara
Nov 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing
From the collection Duty, Honor and Love by multiple authors. Love reading books about our men and women in uniform. Blakesly moved to Conrado, California to build a new life for her and her three young daughters. Coronado is home of SEALs and they were doing some training and one of them saved one of her daughters from drowning. Blakesly is distant cousin of marshal Wyatt Earp and she's innovating the family owned property. Strange things start happening.
Patty Perrine
Jun 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Incredible action love story

This is the type of book to read if you love SEAL's action, romance and a little suspense. The love between Beck and Blake is heart warming and funny. The interaction between Beck and the girls is the way every mother who has children wants for her kids.
Sherry Vitaniemi
Jun 16, 2016 rated it really liked it
Journey

She decides to go back to her family's old homestead. Her marriage and her old life is done. It's time for a new start for her and her girls. She meets him. And things fall into place for them. But the homestead has some kind a power. It's jinx and it's causing them trouble. They find they can handle the good and the bad as a family.
Michele bookloverforever
Oct 27, 2015 rated it really liked it
navy SEAL falls for beautiful woman with 3 young daughters and a convicted murderer for an ex. danger, buried treasure, curses, near fatal car crash, miscarriage, near fatal helicopter crash....lots of live, tears, drama. Mostly HEA.
Dianne Abbott
May 31, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Excellent Reading

This is an awesome book. I couldn't put it down. Unconditional love, lots of action and some curiosity. The characters are great and the story line is great . The kids are funny, smart and so loving and caring. Enjoy your reading of this book
Joann
Jun 06, 2016 rated it liked it
I usually love Kathryn Label Veque but

I have read all of Kathryn LaVeques medieval novels and loved every one of them. I am so sorry to say I have not enjoyed this contemporary novel. This was geared to a much younger generation. It was well written but just not to my liking.
Patricia Mattingly
Nov 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Sea of Dreams

I read this in anthology but got it along with some other Kathryn Le Veque books. This made me laugh and cry and how a man would defend children that were his step but to him they are is children and vice versa.
RiriRomantiques
Jul 28, 2012 rated it did not like it
Petite déception... Pourtant il ne manquait pas grand chose, mais on se noie dans la guimauve et les personnages ne sont pas sympathiques.
Carolyn
Jun 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: leveque-kathryn
No one writes heroes better than Kathryn Le Veque. This series if fabulous!
rebecca
Aug 10, 2015 rated it it was ok
Not the best book

I was disappointed with this book. Too slow not any real story. I didn't care for the book but others might.
Carol and Gary Curtis
OK book. It didn't create a special effect but I was good enough to keep plugging away to the finish.
E J
Oct 13, 2014
Dianna
rated it did not like it
Jul 30, 2018
Michelle B
Jul 04, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

• Captured
  • Yorkshire (Richard and Rose, #1)
  • Gunslinger
  • Past Due
  • Her Loving Husband's Curse (Loving Husband, #2)
  • A Twist of Fate
  •  Angel on Fire (Angel Investigations)
  • Dance With A Gunfighter
  • Money Shot
  • The Wedding Gamble
  • Stroke of Genius
  • Fey.
  • Light My Fire (The DeMarco Family, #4)
  • The Templar's Seduction (The Templar Knights, #3)
  • Summer's Storm (The Graistan Chronicles, #2)
  • Dirty Little Christmas (Marisela Morales/Dirty, #3)
  • Jasper's Mountain
  • Trompe L'oeil
USA TODAY Bestselling Author
Amazon All-Star Author
#1 multi-published Bestselling Amazon Author
#1 ranked English Medieval Romance Author on Amazon

"Le Veque writes... winning epics...." -- Publisher's Weekly

"Kathryn Le Veque is a force of nature. Her stories are epic, with timeless themes and heroes to die for." --Tanya Anne Crosby, New York Times Bestsellin

American Heroes (5 books)
  • Resurrection (American Heroes, #11)
  • Fires of Autumn (American Heroes, #12)
  • Purgatory (American Heroes, #13)
  • Evenshade (American Heroes, #15)