Start by marking “Fade In” as Want to Read:
Fade In

Fade In

Tatum Elliot is a successful writer on a hit television show, lives in an Upper East Side apartment and loves her life. She wouldn’t change a thing. Unfortunately, she doesn’t have a choice. She's losing her sight.

Tripping over her tongue and her heels, Tatum all too quickly realizes that the things which appeared so important before are slowly slipping away leaving room f
Paperback, 1, 320 pages
Published March 17th 2014 by Createspace Independent Publishing Platform

To ask other readers questions about Fade In, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fade In

Start your review of Fade In
*J* Too Many Books Too Little Time
4--Sweet, Cute, Funny and Sexy--Stars!!

Oh my jeebus this book needs an editor (or a new editor).....stat! There were lots of distracting typos. As another friend said, it's like the author wrote the book, got to the end and just hit publish. Didn't go back and proof it all or even have a friend proof it. Some of the errors could have been easily caught.

Tatum was a fun and feisty heroine. She works on a hit television show as a writer, has a great apartment, a sexy boyfriend. But she's currently
Jess-i-ca ~Sometimes a Gif Witch~
4 - Fading Out and In - Stars

Tatum is a successful writer on a hit TV show with her best friend Winnie. She unfortunately has a disease that is causing her to slowly lose her eyesight. Her doctor recommends her talking to someone or going to a "blind camp" as she likes to call it.

In order to prepare for her soon to be blindness, she decides to start trying to simplify her life. She currently has a personal assistant for work but also hires a driver, cleaning lady, and decides to hire another p
Ash
Apr 12, 2015 rated it really liked it
first read: April 21, 2015
first reread: May 23 - ?, 2017

this book is fucking beautiful. I laughed. I cried....I cried....and I laughed. Tatum and Ben!!!!! Omg! what is there to say about Tatum and Ben. I love them! their relationship is amazing. Tatum is so strong and beautiful. She is dealing with a life changing event and Ben is....just the sweetest and most caring and sexy as hell man....damn it! I want one :)

read this book. seriously!
Tessa Teevan
Nov 23, 2013 rated it it was amazing
IT'S LIVE!!

I was laughing and crying all the way to the very end. That was beautiful. Full review to come!

I am so excited to meet Ben Harris!!!!!!!! <3

Okay, Bill!!

Christi Snow
Mar 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
My Review:
Buying this book was a complete fluke. I saw a random post from a book blogger on Facebook and she mentioned everyone was talking about this new book out with an Amazon link. There weren't any comments on the Facebook post and I haven't heard any rumbles about this book from anywhere else, but the story description intrigued me so I picked it up. This book may not be one that my circles are talking about, but it definitely deserves some hype because it's an amazing read!! I absolutely
Allison
Jun 09, 2014 rated it liked it
This had a lot of potential to be an awesome new adult novel, but it fell short of really being great.

Things I liked a lot:
1. I loved the idea of a main character who is slowly going blind. I thought that was really interesting and the author did enough research to make that part of the novel believable to me.
2. Tatum was pretty funny. She was sassy and outgoing. She could be a bit much at times, but for the most part I really liked this character.

Things I thought were stupid:
1. The premise w
вιвℓισρнιℓια {кιηgѕℓєу & ѕøяєη ƒσяєνєя}
description...
Sometimes a few things have to fade out to make room for the better ones to fade in.

This book had everything you could ever need from a story, and it was the most real feeling book I've read in a very, very long time. Getting inside Tater's head was amazing, and Ben can give any book boyfriend a run for his money ... and win hands down. I'll miss this verse so, so much *pouts* It was such a delightful and refreshing read compared to all the other books out there.
Paige
4.5 Stars

What a sweet romance. I honestly can't believe that this is a debut. It reads like an author who is a seasoned pro. It was endearing and heartwarming. It was also witty and sexy. To make it even better it was also hilarious and a little bit devastating. I loved that the pov of the prologue and the epilogue were from the hero's perspective while the rest was from the heroine's. The only reason I took off half a star was because I figured out the twist almost immediately. Still this is a
Brooklyn JoJo
Feb 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
I found this book boring and hard to follow in the beginning and almost shelved it a few times. I’m glad I didn’t as it got a lot better at around 20/30% in. It was a really sweet story with a perfect H... seriously he was just too good to be true... men just don’t act like that in real life, sigh... There was some angsty drama towards the end but it (predictably) was resolved and we got a HEA with a sweet epilogue. Not a bombshell super fav but a nice, sweet story nonetheless.
Courtney
Apr 22, 2014 rated it really liked it
4.5 I wouldn't go to blind camp either, especially if I could have Ben Harris as my PA STARS

ARC given to me by the author as part of blog tour (Thank you)

humor photo: two kinds of people Twokindsofpeople.jpg
love quotes photo: Cute_Love_Quotes_cute-love-quotes-_gif Cute_Love_Quotes_cute-love-quotes-.gif

Fade In is the story of Tatum Elliott. She is a strong, independent young woman who is conquering life in the Big Apple…. But she is also losing her vision and this is causing her to lose some of independence.

(Something I can imagine Tatum saying)

So basically… Tatum is a girl after my own heart. She was quick witted and sarcastic and
Mandy
Fade In is such a beautiful book! I loved it! This book deals with a serious situation, the main character loosing her eyesight, and yet this book is seriously laugh out loud funny. I laughed so hard - there was some really great humor! The story itself is just beautiful and really well written, I couldn't put it down. I am really surprised this is a debut novel, it is amazing and I am really looking forward to reading more by this author!
Liz
Jun 18, 2015 rated it really liked it
4.5 stars and so close to perfection for me.
What a stunning book!
This is one of those stories I'll think about fondly for some time. It had that sassy and very funny narrative voice that always works for me and the romance was slow building and just gorgeous. This is how you write a romance!
This felt like reading an Alice Clayton novel and I didn't want it to end.
I want more Ben and Tatum!
CeCe
Oct 17, 2014 rated it did not like it
DNF 35%

This was not for me. This really is one book that just did not work for me but it may for you. I did not find Tatum funny. I started and stopped this one and no matter my mood, I could not connect.
N.A. Alcorn
Nov 23, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Loved everything about this book! Review to come during tour :)

❃**✿【Yasmine】✿**❃
Good solid 4 stars for a witty modern chick-lit with likeable characters.
~Steph K~
Loved this book - glad I finally got around to reading it. Sweet, sexy and funny - all of my favorite things!
Brittany Gloss
Amazingly beautiful book. I'm so mad at myself for waiting to read it, but so happy I finally did.
Katherine Owen
Nov 23, 2013 rated it really liked it
I encountered Ms. Mabie when she was first starting out as a book reviews blogger. Her stellar writing and spot-on assessment of various fiction captivated me, and I have followed her religiously ever since.

I’m thrilled that she has taken pen in hand to write a novel. I do think the two writing roles are completely different. As a blogger, you hold the power and sway with your words. As a writer, introducing work--that will be seen, admired, distilled, and dissected by the public--well, there’s
Ideally.Portia
Oct 19, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: new-adult
This book was very kindly provided to me by the amazing author!!! Thank you a thousand times!

I really, really enjoyed this book. It dealt with something tough - knowing that you are going blind and can do nothing to stop it.

Some of my favorite parts were when Tatum talked about what it would be like. The things she would never see again, her loss of independence... it was heart wrenching at times. Thinking about it brought me to tears. I mean, can you imagine? Well the M. Mabie did a GREAT job
Katerina
I came across this book in my search of romance stories with a disabled protagonist.
This was the first, and so far the only one on my quest, where the heroine has a disability. Maybe if I start to dig deeper I will find some more...

The overabundance of five star reviews made me a little bit wary.
Would this really be as good as the other reviewers said or did I stumble over reviews from friends, fangirls and family?

Well, it was this good!
Exactly as other readers stated!

Well fleshed out characters
Reanell Tisdale
Apr 28, 2014 rated it really liked it
4.5 stars!

I didn't know what to expect when I first started reading Fade In. At about 8% in the greatest thing happened. I read a scene that had me laughing my ass off and is probably a scene that will stay with me forever. I can't tell you what that scene is because let's be honest, who likes spoilers, right? Just know that it's the BEST BREAK-UP SCENE EVER! Hmmmm...maybe M. Mabie did that to some poor guy?!

This book was just amazing. Tatum is a character you find yourself rooting for from pag
Mbg7819
Feb 25, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Amazing book! Perfect amount of comedy, romance and love, lust and sexiness! The story was so strong and appealing I could not put it down!! Love Tatumand Ben and the way the romance unfold!! I cannot wait to see what is next to come from this amazing author!!
Scarlett
Nov 30, 2013 rated it it was amazing
i could not sleep without finishing it!!!! My new favorite book!!
I ♥ Bookie Nookie (bookienookiereviews.blogspot.com)
Now this is my kind of jam! Unique story line. Great Characters. Loads of humor. Blogger turned indie author. What more can you ask for? Author, M. Mabie’s got real talent, folks! I’m definitely picking up what she is puttin’ down!

Tatum Elliot is kind of a big deal in the TV world, but no amount of money or power can fight what is ailing her – she is going blind. Ssssshhhh… it’s a secret that she doesn’t want the world to know and she wants to keep it that way.
Yes, but it takes a minute fo
 Soph - Lock&Key
I was SO not expecting to like this as much as I did!

photo fadein_zpsabb510cf.jpg

I really don't know why I picked this book up, its for an older audience and just from reading the blurb I thought I could tell exactly how the story was going to go, and exactly what I thought I was going to feel..... which (don't hate me) I thought was going to be nothing. I know I just used the word "thought" a lot, but i'm trying to get a point across that sometimes, looks really can be deceiving.

In the end I read it because I have a s
Gabby
4.5 STARS
"Sometimes a few things have to fade out to make room for better things to fade in."
This book was very cute and sweet and sexy. I really loved Tatum as a main character because she was sassy and witty and hilarious. Even though sometimes I thought she was a little over the top, I still generally enjoyed her character. And Ben's character.. swoon Ben was my idea of perfection. I loved the fact that Ben was so sweet to her and always calling her baby, and wanting to help her as much as he
Evette
Apr 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Loved this book. Just loved it. Witty and clever banter, snarky foul mouth Tatum, her hilarious brother Cooper, her bff Winnie, the office staff and not to forget the incredibly delicious and smart Ben.

The story is told from Tatum’s POV- she has slowly deteriorating sight and she’s pissed. Rightly so. But she is also completely resistant to the idea of preparing for what may come. Enter Ben.

He knows what she needs before she asks. And the chemistry between them is epic. But he’s her assistant- o
Gwen ~the Book Diva
5 stars! I loved this book! Great story!

*ARC provided to G the Book Diva blog in exchange for an honest review!*

photo ian-yes_zps033eba63.gif

I've been a little bit of a depressing book slump and I wanted to read something that felt good! This book worked! It was really well written and told a complete story. I loved the way things were handled with Tatum and her failing eyesight. It wasn't an angst filled read per se but it gave what I felt was an honest point of view. I also laughed a lot. I loved the way Tatum and
Mandy Dowson
Oct 19, 2014 rated it really liked it
Review to follow
###
Tatum and Ben. I love these guys.

Tatum is losing her sight slowly but surely, and to make the transition easier on her, she needs to hire various people to help her in her personal and professional life. A PA is one of the people she needs to hire.

Cue Ben with his easy charm and his handsome looks. There's an immediate attraction on both their parts, but Tatum doesn't like to mix business with pleasure, and so she goes back and forth arguing with herself over her feelings for
Holly
May 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favourites, 2014
Mate!! I loved it!!

What an awesome read. I love Tatum's attitude and all round personality. Her mouth is in the gutter - I can certainly relate to her ;-)

To he honest, I loved all the characters, Ben is swoon worthy, even if he was a bit sneaky!! Wait, no. Kurt is just a weirdo asshole (but he's meant to be) so I didn't love him.

You've got a comedy, a romance and something a lot deeper as Tatum's condition deteriorates and she heads toward blindness. The author has beautifully taken Tatum throug
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »

• Saving Barrette
  • Fearless (Steel Demons MC, #3)
  • Conor Thames 2
  • Powerless (Steel Demons MC #2)
  • Changing Roles
  • Come to Me Quietly (Closer to You, #1)
  • Bioluminescent (The Mimics #1)
  • The Girl in the Love Song (Lost Boys, #1)
  • Boss Man Bridegroom
  • Lawless (Steel Demons MC #1)
  • Theo (Fighting Blind #1)
  • Marshmallow (Sweet Curves #1)
  • Conor Thames
  • Blind Reader Wanted
  • The Sinful King (Naughty Royals, #1)
  • Devious Lies (Cruel Crown, #1)
  • The Dare
  • Be My Hero (Forbidden Men, #3)
M. Mabie lives in Illinois with her husband. She writes unconventional love stories and tries to embody "real-life romance."

She cares about politics, but will not discuss them in public. She uses the same fork at every meal, watches Wayne's World while cleaning, and lets her dog sleep on her head. She has always been a writer. In fact, she was born with a pen in her hand, which almost never happen

News & Interviews

“Only love can scare you shitless. But would you want it any other way?” 8 likes