Start by marking “Chocolate Mousse Attack (Death by Chocolate, #4)” as Want to Read:
Chocolate Mousse Attack (Death by Chocolate, #4)

Chocolate Mousse Attack

(Death by Chocolate #4)

A phone call at two a.m. is never good news. But there’s bad news and then there’s strange news. Lindsay’s two a.m. call is a plea for help. There’s a woman in Fred’s closet and he can’t get her out.

Their new neighbor, Sophie Fleming, has taken up sleepwalking, straight into Fred’s house and his bedroom closet. She’s having nightmares about the brutal stabbing of a little
Published October 15th 2013 by Amazon Digital Services

To ask other readers questions about Chocolate Mousse Attack, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Chocolate Mousse Attack

Brenda
Sophie Fleming had returned to the home she’d left with her parents when she was five years old – her renovations made the old place opposite Lindsay’s house look like new again. But Sophie had traumas in her long ago past – traumas that hadn’t been addressed. She was having nightmares and sleep walking – something she hadn’t done since she was a child. It was up to Fred and Lindsay to discover the cause…

Was there a murder twenty-five years ago? Or was Carolyn only Sophie’s imaginary
Vanessa Grant
Chocolate Mousse Attack is my first Sally Berneathy chocolate mystery, and I'm hooked. Divorced chocolatier Lindsay is awoken at 2 am by an urgent phone call from a neighbor Fred. The woman who just moved in across the street a few hours ago has sleepwalked straight into Fred's house, wearing only a thin nightgown. Fred can't get her out of his bedroom closet, and he needs Lindsay's help. But when the two of them manage to get Sophie Fleming out of the closet, they discover it's more than a litt ...more
Linda
Dec 16, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Although I hadn't read any of the previous novels in the Death by Chocolate series, I was able to slide easily into the world of Lindsay, Fred, Paula, Trent, and their other friends. And what an enjoyable world it is. Lindsay bakes and sells what sound like divine chocolate desserts (and the author thoughtfully provides us with the recipes at the end) while solving mysteries at the same time. Great combination...what could be better than curling up with chocolate and a good book?

The
Darcy
Oct 07, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017, mystery
Another solid book in this series. While Lindsay was in on the action, most of it centered around her new neighbor. The whole story there was a bit crazy, something that could only happen in fiction land, but it made for some great reading. Fred was in the thick of things too and I was hoping we would get a little more backstory for him. Instead he's sort of like batman, always coming to the rescue and knew who to talk to help figure things out.

I was disappointed to see Rickie back,
polly
Feb 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The comedy parts of the story keeps me looking for more. Can't wait to read the next book!

Since I live in the Kansas City area,I feel like these stories could be true. Would love to meet Sally.
Karl Hakimian
Feb 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Another fun story in the Death by Chocolate series. The mystery was well done, though I did have a good idea of what was happening from early on, it held together well. The characters are very enjoyable and the humor keeps me laughing throughout.
Lou Stewart
Dec 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Another suspense filled winner strong>

I am really enjoying this series. It's full of suspense,mystery, romance, and comedy. Lindsey captures not only a killer in this one, but also gets the sexy detective.
Queen Talk Talk
Very fast read.

Lindsay's new neighbor Sophia, has trouble sleeping. Trent babysits. Fred does a wheelie. Paula meets someone interesting. The plot is simple but the characters are fun. Good recipes too.
Joyce Bruce
Dec 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great story and series

Great characters, wonderful humor, and a mystery that isn't the same "I can guess who did it" from the start. Really loved the book and the series.
Diane Watson
Jan 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
Part of a very easy to read series of books about Lindsey, a chocolate who gets in a few scrapes and relies on friends, neighbours and co-workers to help her out.
Marcia-Lee Finocchio
Mar 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
What a wonderful series. Great story and fantastic characters , plus plenty of humor!!!
Bkunkle
Mar 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Sweet mystery

We've grown to love Sally Berneathy's Death by Chocolate books. This one is typical. Which is to say, very good. Read it with your favorite chocolate dessert.
Peggy Puetz
Sep 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Funny and great book.

This book was about a neighbor that bought the house across the street. She was sleep walking every night and Lindsey and fred decided to solve the mystery.
Marg Siegler
Jul 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Always a good read

This author I admire because she keeps the plots interesting and refreshing. Each book has different characters aside from the main characters.
JulieLaLa
Feb 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
Fun and funny cozy mystery, with some laugh out loud moments.
Ana
Jun 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
not as thrilling as the other three but still funny. I'm ready to read the last two
MARY Arias
Jul 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I love these stories and look forward to more!
Lynette Caulkins
Sep 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
A fun and cheeky cozy mystery. Bonus: A handful of chocolate recipes I have to try out!
Courtney Holmes
Dec 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Love this series!

Four books in and I'll keep on reading this series. Good clean mystery with terrific humor and some interesting characters in each book.
Linda Thompson
Feb 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Lindsey finally has her divorce and her relationship with hunky Detective Trent is progressing. King Henry is as wonderful as ever with an obsession for catnip that even a 2-legged druggie couldn’t beat. The mystery in this 4th book of the series, goes back in time, long before Fred, Lindsey and Paula have lived on this street. Now it’s Fred who is in a predicament and his lack of knowledge about women is very evident. Will King Henry figure it out before the others? Will Lindsey’s life, once ag ...more
Shirley Hailstock
Jun 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Chocolate, Coke, and a little mystery are the mainstays of sweet shop owner Lindsay Powell's life. She always finds herself snooping around when an intriguing situation arises. In book four of the Death by Chocolate series, Lindsay and her cast of characters find themselves chasing after an imaginary friend who may be more real than imaginary.
New neighbor, Sophie Fleming, moved back to the house where she lived as a child. Dreams plague her and she sleepwalks into her neighbor Fred's hou
Misha Almira
Dec 04, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Lindsay Powell owns Death By Chocolate, a popular shop for sandwiches and sweets. She makes chocolate by day, then returns home to her cat Henry. The rest of the time, she spends with her neighbors and her boyfriend Trent. It seems like Lindsay leads a simple life, but it is definitely not boring. When a new neighbor, Sophie, moves in across the street, her world takes an extremely interesting turn. It starts with a middle of the night phone call from her neighbor Fred, when he informs her that ...more
Katemc
Dec 18, 2016 added it
Amy
Apr 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book. I re-read the entire series to refresh my memory, so I could read this. What a great follow-up to book 3.

In this book we find Lindsay and her band of crazy friends trying to solve the reason their new neighbor is sleepwalking into Fred's closet at night. Who's is threatening her life and killed her parents.

More unacceptable behavior form Rick because, well... he's Rick the (*&^!. More crazy antics from Lindsay and Fred, trying to get people to confe
Sue Ross
Oct 19, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Lindsey, Paula and Fred are back with a mystery that took place years ago. Lindsey and Fred again take the lead to find out who killed their new neighbor, Sophie's, friend years ago. Sophie is having nightmares and is sleep walking into Fred's closet. What happens during their investigation will take them to a "cult" and the brothers who ran away from there. As always there are chocolate recipes in the book. It's a great and fast read. I can't wait for the next one to come out.
Anastasia
Feb 17, 2014 rated it really liked it
Chocolate Mousse Attack by Sally Berneathy is Book 4 in the Death by Chocolate series. A sleepwalking new neighbour reveals a murder witnessed in her childhood that had taken place in Fred's house. Another fun book although the antics of Lindsay's ex and now his obnoxious kid and family are starting to get a bit tired and annoying and Lindsay should have handled this situation by now instead of allowing herself to be used by them.
Linda
Feb 27, 2014 rated it really liked it
Another fun story with Lindsay, Fred, Trent, Paula and King Henry. Oh, and ex-husband Rick's charming family and a couple of new arrivals. Murder seems to find its way to this chocolatier with stunning regularity. but Lindsay is up to the task with her trusty sidekicks. I was sad that this was the last book in the series, but then I noticed that it was only copywrited (copywritten?) in 2013, so I' m hoping that Sally is already hard at work on Book #5...please tell me it's true!
Kay (Brigidsmomma) Compton
This was really good. A new neighbor moves in across the street from Lindsay and the gang and then has sleepwalking adventures where she goes to Fred's house in the middle of the night because she watched her childhood friend get murdered. Very cool how this is handled, and how the mystery gets solved. A great read, and the recipes are to die for!
Sue
Dec 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing
The 4th book in the Death by Chocolate series, this one had me turning the pages so fast. There is a bit more of spookiness to this story. Sally Berneathy keeps the characters fresh and even though there is murder in this story, the characters are fun. Great writing!
Caryn Kravitz
Sep 05, 2014 rated it really liked it
"Beach Read" - fun, mystery, some romance.

• All Washed Up (The Misadventures of the Laundry Hag, #3)
  • Cupcakes, Paws, and Bad Santa Claus (An Annie Graceland Cozy Mystery Book 4)
  • Peril in the Park (Jamie Quinn Mystery #3)
  • Maximum Security (Lia Anderson Dog Park Mysteries, #3)
  • Love Thy Sister (Mina's Adventures, #1)
  • Framed for Murder
  • Dying Words (A Ghostwriter Mystery #4)
  • Cold Blue (Jonathan Thorpe, #1)
  • Peete and Repeat (The Frannie Shoemaker Campground Mysteries #3)
  • Fairwood
  • Dying for a Dance (Laurel McKay Mysteries, #2)
  • Shepherd One (Vatican Knights, #2)
  • The Huckleberry Murders: A Sheriff Bo Tully Mystery
  • Mad Men, Bad Girls and the Guerilla Knitters Institute
  • Down Home And Deadly  (Sleuthing Sisters Mystery #3)
  • Nefarious Doings (Nell Forrest Mystery, #1)
  • Hidden
  • Solomon's Throne

Death by Chocolate (7 books)
  • Death by Chocolate
  • Murder, Lies and Chocolate (Death by Chocolate #2)
  • The Great Chocolate Scam (Death by Chocolate #3)
  • Fatal Chocolate Obsession (Death by Chocolate, #5)
  • Deadly Chocolate Addiction (Death by Chocolate, #6)
  • Guns, Wives and Chocolate (Death by Chocolate Book 7)