Start by marking “Insanity (Insanity, #1)” as Want to Read:
Insanity (Insanity, #1)

Insanity

(Insanity #1)

After accidentally killing everyone in her class, Alice Wonder is now a patient in the Radcliffe Lunatic Asylum. No one doubts her insanity. Only a hookah-smoking professor believes otherwise; that he can prove her sanity by decoding Lewis Carroll's paintings, photographs, and find Wonderland's real whereabouts. Professor Caterpillar persuades the asylum that Alice can sav ...more
Published December 19th 2013 by CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform

To ask other readers questions about Insanity, please sign up.
NayDoubleU nope. completely different ideas. give it a chance though. you will NOT be sorry.
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
Cameron Jace Can't answer that lol. But will be explained in future books:)

Aj the Ravenous Reader
Sep 08, 2015 rated it liked it
Recommended to Aj the Ravenous Reader by: The Girl In Boots

“Sane is mundane. Insanity is the new black.”

While the original story of “Alice in Wonderland” mostly just confused me as a kid (it’ll probably still confuse me now), this creative spin on our infamous classic tale did more than just that. It intrigued, entertained and most importantly, educated me in the craziest way possible.

“Questions are the lazy man’s way to learn when the only way to learn is not to ask.”

Sneak peak at the story: Nineteen year old Alice wakes up at an Asylu
Paige  Bookdragon
Five-how-fucked-up-are-you stars

description

I already accepted the fact that I'm crazy. But when I read Insanity I didn't know I could get CRAZIER

*Read at your own risk*
This was a really good Alice in Wonderland retelling, and I loved how quirky it was!

I really liked the characters in this, Alice really did come across as a modern day Alice, and I loved how we had no idea if she was really Alice, or if she was really nuts!

The other characters were also crazy, the Pillar who was certifiable, Jack who seemed like a stalker, not to mention the white queen and the Cheshire Cat himself!

The storyline in this was good, and I liked how it kept you on your toes, never
Leahxx
Jan 02, 2015 rated it it was ok
I get it, Alice in Wonderland is nonsense, but this book was complete nonsense and not in a very good way.
It was written very choppily, which I wasn't sure was supposed to be part of the madness or unfortunate writing style.
Nothing about the story was intriguing after reading the first chapter. The big reveals were uncovered in a way that made them tiring, rather than more exciting. It was faster paced, but nothing made sense. Don't get me wrong, I know it's meant to be about madness, but I wa
D.
Apr 26, 2014 rated it did not like it
I was very intrigued and excited by the summary of this book, but it turned out to be pretty bad. A great idea, but badly written. Reads like rushed fanfiction, the characters have no depth, overall it's pretty flat. Wouldn't recommend.
Phoenix2
Aug 04, 2015 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: ya readers mystery lovers crazy mad people out there
Recommended to Phoenix2 by: Beth Kendall
Shelves: fantasy
First of all, I should say that I am definatelly not a fan of horror books. I actually can't stand them. I didn't know this was a horror gendrer book, so when I started reading it, I was almost compelled to but it down, hide it somewhere where I will never, ever accounter with it again. But something made me to keep reading it, and good thing that I did. This book is so good, easy to read - well, it's hard to put it down, its so interesting - that I read it in 2 days, well, 1 and a half, as I wa ...more
TL
Feb 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Fan casting for the series:

Pillar:

Alice:

Sophia Sardothien
Feb 14, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc-review
Thank you Xpresso Book Tours for sending me this book in exchange of an honest review

OHMYGOD this is by far the best Alice in wonderland retelling I've read, this book is ultimately madness and insanity which makes it extremely captivating and fun to read.

"Mad". My favorite answer. I think I should copyright it.

The plot in this book is really intriguing, in every page I'm dying to know what's next therefore it took me two sittings to finish it. Though I would have to say some parts of this
-RadioactiveBookworm-
Feb 22, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Goodreads synopsis: After accidentally killing everyone in her class, Alice Wonder is now a patient in the Radcliffe Lunatic Asylum. No one doubts her insanity. Only a hookah-smoking professor believes otherwise; that he can prove her sanity by decoding Lewis Carroll's paintings, photographs, and find Wonderland's real whereabouts. Professor Caterpillar persuades the asylum that Alice can save lives and catch the wonderland monsters now reincarnated in modern day criminals. In order to do so, Al ...more
Lisa Mandina
Jan 16, 2015 rated it liked it
Thanks to Xpresso Tours for allowing me to read a part of this as part of a tour. As I've mentioned many times on here I am really a fan of fairy tale or other classic story retellings. Honestly though, Alice in Wonderland was never one that I had really read all the way through. My interest in the story though changed once I read Splintered by AG Howard. I love her series. While this book doesn't quite live up to what I loved about that series, it still had a very unique new look at this classi ...more
Jaime

I love Alice in Wonderland and alaways enjoy reading retellings especially the dark and twisted ones. I loved the premise of the book and knew i had to read it immediately. Some of the conversation could be a little awkward at times and near the end it just got plain confusing. Insanity was very well researched you could tell the author had put a lot of time into it.I might read the second book when it is released i am curious whether or not Wonderland is real or all in Alice's head.

Ashley Leonard
Dec 17, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Forget what you know about Alice and her adventures in Wonderland and prepare to learn what “really” happened to Alice and who the fairy tale characters are. Even the author becomes part of the mystique of the journey in this page turning tale. Cameron Jace has done it again – taken a story we all think we know well enough – and turned it into a whirlwind experience you have to read to believe. Cameron has a knack for taking our childhood tales and turning them into modern day fantasies! Join Al ...more
Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin
www.melissa413readsalot.blogspot.com

This book is awesome! I thought it was a great twist on Alice. She's in an insane asylum for killing all of her friends.

She meets Professor Caterpillar who is in for murder too, but he gets perks from the warden because he is just too cool. He is for now at least. You never know the twist these books will take.

Alice is really cool but has no memories. She gets electric shock pretty regular. But with the help of a few friends she starts to remember things.

Al
Booky
Oct 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I really loved the combo of thriller, fantasy and fairy-tale retelling rolled into one. It's pretty bizarre in parts. And it ended with a cliffhanger!!! Did Alice really kill her classmates or not??? LOL. It's a free 'teaser' book, but it's novel length. Can't wait to read the entire series.
Shelly Hammond
Apr 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing
What a trip! This book was just one mind boggle after another. You think you know what's going on and maybe you do, but then again, maybe you don't. You probably don't, but you might. Things might be really happening, but they might not be. Can you tell the difference?

The author put a completely unique twist on the Alice in Wonderland story, one you just never would have expected. The characters that are so loved (and hated but even the hated are loved by Wonderland fans) are brought to life in
Andrea
Dec 22, 2013 rated it did not like it
Shelves: dnf
DNF AT 27%

I don't know what the deal with this book is, nor am I familiar with Jace's work, but this is very poorly written and confusing. There are parts where you get Alice's first person point of view, and then it jumps and you get a third person narration. It's not really coherent.

Plus, the story is dragging for me. I thought killer creatures from Wonderland would be awesome. But we just get Pillar being an arrogant ass.

Not for me.
Melanie
*Final Review*

Insanity by Cameron Jace is a modern day retelling of the famous story, Alice's Adventures in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll. The story follows Alice Wonder, Alice is a patient in the Radcliffe Lunatic Asylum after she killed all of her friends and boyfriend by crashing the school bus they were all on. Alice doesn't remember any of this, she's then taken in by Professor Pillar (resident of the Radcliffe Lunatic Asylum) to help figure out where the Cheshire Cat is and help a little gir
Waukesha
May 16, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book was free so I downloaded the ebook. I'm so glad I did. I love a good mystery where u don't know who is being truthful or who is twisting the world with a web of lies. Totally wasn't expecting anything at any point and that kept me excitedly intrigued.

It lost me a bit in the middle but came back full force in the end. Glad I kept reading. I am definitely going to get book 2 and 3 while they are .99 cents lol.
Olivia-Savannah  Roach
Mar 02, 2015 rated it it was ok
I will admit, I saw this book popping up on a couple of blog feeds, loved the cover and pounced on the chance to read this. Did I read the synopsis beforehand? Nope. Did I read reviews for this book? Nope. I kind of dived in head first. And the result was not too pretty, but not completely bad either.

After reading this book, there is only one word to sum up how I feel: confused. I felt like all these things were happening at once and not completely explained enough to make sense, but were expla
Jennymort ♔ Dark Lordette
May 29, 2015 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Alice in Wonderland Lovers/Crime Lovers
Recommended to Jennymort ♔ Dark Lordette by: Myself
My mind is.....
description

This book was insane. Just strait up cray-cray. To make up this …. Book ….

First have an old first addition copy of 'Alice's Adventure Underground'. (In the book they state that it was only changed to Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland so that no sane person would search for this crazy world or let the monsters out.)
description

Add a dash of special crazy serial Professor Carter Pillar AKA 'Killer the Pillar'.
description
Who somehow can magically get his way in and out of the asylum any time he wants, eve
Melissa Chung
Aug 01, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: owned
This re-telling of Alice in Wonderland was amazing. I am giving it 4 stars because the writing isn't spectacular and there are some grammatical errors.

In this re-telling of Alice in Wonderland, Alice is at the Radcliff Lunatic Asylum and has been for 2 years. She apparently drove a school bus full of her classmates and her boyfriend off the road and everyone died.

Carter Pillar is a professor from Oxford University. He is mad. He is a known serial killer and has a suite on the top floor of the sa
The Girl In Boots
Posted on: https://beingabooknerd.wordpress.com/...
“You’re not alright, the flower says. You’re insane, Alice, insane!” This is hands down the most ridiculous book I have read. It is crazy. And I fell in love with it.
Now, I have my doubts. But the first sentence,
“The girl sprawled on the ground was dead… and loving it. Why else would she be grinning like the Cheshire cat ?”
I knew I was going to love it.

So our MC, Alice lives in an asylum, where
Sanna
Dec 31, 2013 rated it really liked it
Oh Alice in Wonderland retellings, i do love you. This book is no different, actually it may be slightly more insane than most. :)

Alice Wonder is stuck in an insane asylum after killing everyone in her class (makes sense), she spends her days either having electroshock therapy or talking to her potted plant. She feels sorry for her plant because it doesn’t get enough sunlight. Poor plant. And poor Alice, she’s been shocked so many times she can only remember up to about last week and then it goe
Dina
Oct 24, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: reviewed
First of all fabulous writing; I was a little confused who was narrating the story some times but other than that i absolutely loved it!

I was really hooked at the beginning but halfway when things started to get weird I was confused like what was going on ? this is kind of stupid....

BUT THEN AT THE END THE MAJOR PLOT TWIST HAPPENS AND IM LIKE DROWNING IN EMOTIONS AND IM LIKE WTF AND I SIT THERE FOR 25 min TRYING TO UNDERSTAND THIS; THEN I REALIZE YOU CANT UNDERSTAND IT, THATD IMPOSSIBLE!

so Alice
Abbie
Jan 09, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-to-review
(I received a copy from the author, In exchange for an honest review.)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

This was so so strange, but I really liked it!

I didn't know what to think to some of the characters in this, but Pillar especially baffled me. He was just so crazy and hard to trust!
I quite liked Alice though, as she really cared about getting one of the girls back from the Chesire.

The prologue was brilliant, and instantly got me hooked. It did get really strange at points after that, but i still loved the story.
This is def
Anastasia Antonova
Aug 20, 2014 rated it really liked it
Сумасшедшая книженция, что еще сказать. Половину времени ты не можешь понять что, черт подери, здесь происходит, а вторую балдеешь от атмосферы. Книгу, по хорошему, можно смело разбирать на цитаты. Их тут куча, причем все они о рассуждении о Безумии. Именно с большой буквы. Грубо говоря, Безумие здесь является главным героем, заражающим всех - и персонажей, и читателей.
Конец неплохой, дает надежду на кровавое продолжение. Его я определенно почитаю.

Итог: 8 из 10
Nicole Hewitt
Jan 26, 2014 rated it really liked it
This review and many others can be found on my blog - Feed Your Fiction Addiction

Insanity is a quirky, somewhat bizarre modern take on Alice in Wonderland. (Of course, the oddities fit in quite well with Carroll's original tale). After reading this book, I'm still not quite sure if Alice is mad or not, and I have a feeling that that's just what Jace wanted!

The story follows Alice Wonder, who has been locked in an insane asylum for the past two years because she killed everyone in her class. Howe
Sabrina Bay
Jul 14, 2015 rated it really liked it
NO SPOILERS

They really are all mad in there...

"I told him Alice is only seven," the girl continues. "She can't save me."
"What did he say to that?"
"He said, 'Alice is grown up now, and she will try to save the world."

Okay, here are the reasons why I first read that book
1. It was free on ibook.
2. I loved the summary.
3. I LOVE Alice in Wonderland.

The first few pages got me a bit confused BUT I was tired. I didn't know what to expect. After only a few pages I wasn't able to stop. I kept telling my
Shax
Aug 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-in-english
Vážně se nedokážu rozhodnout, jestli je moje hodnocení vysoké z toho důvodu, že je to první kniha v cizím jazyce, kterou jsem dočetla do konce, nebo z toho důvodu, že je prostě absolutně boží  :D
Kde jsou ty časy, kdy jsem pařila American McGee’s Alice, která je velice podobná knize Insanity :)
Líbí se mi způsob, jakým si autor pohrává s myšlením čtenáře. Některé psychologické tahy se daly na konci předpokládat, stejně mě však dostaly. Damn it. Líbí se mi idiomy/přirovnání, které autor používá –
  • DeadBorn
  • Jabberwocky
  • Shifty Magic (Shifty Magic, #1)
  • Girl Lost (Neverland Lost, #1)
  • Descendants (The Descendants Saga, #1)
  • Through Your Eyes ( I Am Alive book 1 Episode #3 )
  • Unsympathetic Magic (Esther Diamond, #3)
  • Isla's Inheritance (Isla's Inheritance, #1)
  • The Grimm Chronicles Vol. 1 (The Grimm Chronicles #1-3)
  • Rune Gate (Rune Gate Cycle, #1)
  • Embrace (Fated Saga, #3)
  • Adrenaline Rush (Christy, #1)
  • The Grimm Chronicles Vol. 3 (The Grimm Chronicles #7-9)
  • The Wizard in Wonderland (Oz-Wonderland #1)
  • The Collectors’ Society (The Collectors’ Society, #1)
  • Death of the Mad Hatter
  • The Magick of Dark Root (Daughters of Dark Root, #2)
  • Bewitched in Oz
Bestselling author of the Grimm Diaries and Insanity series. A traveller and collector of out-of-print books from all over the world, obsessed with the origins of folk tales and the mysterious storytellers who spread them. Many of his books made Amazon's Top 100 Customer Favorites in Kindle 2015 & Amazon's Top 100 kindle list. Cameron lives in California. When he isn't writing or collecting bo ...more

Insanity (8 books)
  • Figment (Insanity, #2)
  • Circus (Insanity, #3)
  • Hookah (Insanity, #4)
  • Wonder (Insanity, #5)
  • Checkmate (Insanity, #6)
  • Family (Insanity, #7)
  • Mushrooms (Insanity, #8)
“One of the privileges of not knowing who you are is that you can pretend to be anyone you like.” 39 likes
“Living among the sane is insane.” 26 likes