Start by marking “A Very Good Man (Dead End #1)” as Want to Read:
A Very Good Man (Dead End #1)

A Very Good Man

(Dead End #1)

How much is a good book worth to you? How much more is a great one worth?

At the end of the world Jake struggles to keep the people close to him, a group of strangers, alive. It isn't as easy as it sounds, since most of them are more than a bit stuck in the old world. But the luxury and laxity of that time has gone forever.

And Jake is the only person strong enough to keep t
Published 2013 by Orange Cat Publishing (first published February 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about A Very Good Man, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Very Good Man

Kristi
May 02, 2012 rated it really liked it
The story line of this book is quite good. There is a twist on the survivors of a zombie apocalypse. Some people may have a hard time overcoming the loose editing and grammar issues.

There are two sequels so far, with a fourth one being published later this year. I can see where a good editor can tighten up these 3 (currently) novels.

If you like zombie novels and are looking for something different, these novels may appeal. I think the author nailed the thought processes of a young man pushed b
Randy Harmelink
Apr 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing
The book isn't quite what I expected. It's more about surviving than about zombies. Sure, there are zombies, but as more of a background to everything else that is going on. Most of the action in the book is human vs human.

And, about 65% of the way into the book, it got weird and shifted into a different arena. I almost put the book down at that point, but stayed with it. And I'm glad I did. The new paradigm didn't take over the story, but just kind of stayed there in the background like the zom
Miss_Lucy_Irene
Mar 11, 2019 rated it it was ok
Well, if I ever wanted to see inside an incel's head during the apocalypse I certainly have now...

The thoughts of the main character were disturbing, and it got boring reading about how no one would have sex with him. I wouldn't either buddy.

Despite the repetitiveness of the character's sexual issues and violent dislike of women, the rest of the story was alright. I mean enough to finish it but I'm not rushing for the sequel.

Who knew being a misogynistic virgin was a super power?

Arthur
Oct 17, 2013 rated it really liked it
Loved the book but it is not for everyone. Its written in a conversational style which is sometimes difficult for some people to follow.

It is a different take on the zombacolypse with some very interesting survival groups who we really hoped were there but only fantasised about their existence.

A four part series with an ending that brings closure and a bit of sadness.

I heartily recommend it if you believe any zombie book beats a Harlequin romance every day of the week.
Cheveyo
Jun 20, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
This book isn't for everyone. For me it was a blast to read. Mr Kennedy has an odd writing style but it is a style that appeals to me. Jake is absolutely one of my favorite new characters. No doubt about it, he's a very good man. Looking forward to the next one.
Leslie
Mar 20, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
While I mostly enjoyed the book and it's sequel, I read it under the author P.S. Powers. This one under Brian Kennedy has the same cover and description though. Ghost writer? Pseudonym? Either way, it was an ok read. Especially since I got it for free download on my Kindle.
Stephine Yoshikawa
May 08, 2012 rated it it was amazing
My favorite in the series so far. Waiting for more!! Hurry Brian :-)
Clint Walker Jr
Oct 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great zombie story!
Kathy Geiser
May 25, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
love this series.
Stephine Yoshikawa
I'm not usually a zombie book fan, but his book & the entire series is incredible!! A must read.
Paps
Jan 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Ok first of all I will admit that my rating is totally biased I just liked this book that mutch. I can't be totally objective with it. Now as its obvious I loved it, the characters felt rigth, the author made me care for them, hate them, want to hold them at nigth and tell them everything will be alrigth, and punch them in the face the next day. I mean they felt that livid. Now I have seen a couple of review stating that the MC complained to mutch about not guetting any from the woman of the gr ...more
Andrew
Apr 24, 2012 marked it as free-zombies-to-read  ·  review of another edition
I'm very shocked this book has such a high rating. I am officially giving up at 20% and stopping before finishing a book is something I've only done once before. I just cannot get into it. The main character Jake only seems to care about how all the women are sleeping with some scumbag and not him. He's quick to shoot a living human for getting loud and everyone seems to be afraid of him. The author is just not doing a very good job of creating a likeable character that I want to root for. Lastl ...more
Randy Harmelink
Mar 07, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: zombies

Molly
Apr 07, 2013 added it
Lied. I didn't read it after a few pages. Can't change it to currently reading or to read bc I couldn't stand it! Why isn't there an option for stopped reading? Booooo! Rating? No stars.
Andrew Tobin
May 22, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »

• Eaters: The Beginning
  • Silence of Souls
  • The Wild Country (Living with the Dead #4)
  • Voyage of the Dead (Sovereign Spirit Saga, #1)
  • The Outbreak (The Sixth Extinction, #1)
  • Year of the Dead (Sustainable Earth #1)
  • End Dayz (The Hitchhiker Strain, #0.5)
  • Dead Tide (Dead Tide #1)
  • 300 Miles to Galveston (Book One of the Displacement)
  • Dead Hunger (Dead Hunger #1)
  • Six Days with the Dead (Lanherne Chronicles, #1)
  • Exponential Apocalypse
  • The Unraveling
  • The Living Dead Boy
  • Dead Earth: The Green Dawn
  • The Unwashed Dead (Zombie Armageddon #1)
  • Sven the Zombie Slayer
  • The Seeds of New Earth (The Silent Earth, #2)

Dead End (4 books)
  • A Very Good Neighbor (Dead End #2)
  • A Very Good Thing (Dead End #3)
  • A Very Dark Place (Dead End #4)