Start by marking “The Fab Life (The Kihanna Saga, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Fab Life (The Kihanna Saga, #1)

The Fab Life

(The Kihanna Saga #1)

It’s the life I was born to live: billionaire’s daughters, living amongst the rich & famous. But my mom kept me a secret from my dad. Until now.

I am so out of my league. Fancy parties, expensive cars, and a private school for the elite… It sounds like a dream. But everything is not as perfect as it seems on the outside. Here, the secrets are dirty, and the lies comes
Published July 24th 2013

Start your review of The Fab Life (The Kihanna Saga, #1)
Aoibheann { ⊱Aoibh Reads⊰ }
Review originally posted here

SPOILERS

Kihanna Evers has been sent to live with her newly found father, Mark Evers- the founder of a hit social networking site. Moving to live in his mansion in California, she becomes acquainted with her fashionista stepmother and inappropriate step-brother.
At first dazzled and repulsed by the vast amount of chandeliers that adorned her house, Kihanna wastes no time in planting her feet in her new world and becoming her own.
Staying true to herself, she opposes
Mercy Amare
Jun 11, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
I cannot wait to share this story with everybody! I hope you will love it as much as I do!
Tess
Jun 20, 2013 rated it it was amazing
The Fab Life isn't all that fabulous. Kihanna's mom finally reveals who her real dad is after all these years and he happens to be a billionaire. She is forced into this new lifestyle that is idealized on the outside but she slowly finds out how screwed up it is on the inside. I feel like all the characters in the book have their own story and throughout the series we will learn what all their stories are.

Kihanna is just a real teenager. She wants to fit in but on the other hand this life isn't
pinK
Jul 29, 2013 rated it really liked it
This is such a cute book! The author did a fantastic job tapping into her inner teenage girl, and I was blown away by just how into it I was. Much like the heroine, I'm not really a girly girl, and I could really see how being thrown into a situation such as living in a billionaire's mansion would be a difficult transition.

Kihanna is a great leading lady, and I loved how she would take a stand for her own independence and individuality with her new stepmother, although her chosen method (the
Chu
some_text

Review Originally Posted at: Book Freak

Kihanna wasn't poor, but they weren't rich either. So imagine her surprise when she was sent of to her father who was very, very rich. Suddenly, she was a member of the elite class - something she wasn't sure she wanted. It was pretty overwhelming to have everything at her disposal and to look at those chandeliers that can feed a town in Africa for a month. She gets to know her absentee father, the stepmother who seemed to dictate what she should wear or do
Jonel
Jul 22, 2013 rated it really liked it
Amare has a very approachable and upbeat writing style. It flows well and meshes with the subject matter and intended audience. This novel contains descriptions that allow you to immerse yourself in the world of the rich and famous. You can’t help but feel like you’ve walked through this journey right alongside the characters. Amare emphasizes certain aspects of this world through various different means, both literary and otherwaise. It’s really amazing what a little bit of formatting can do ...more
Nina
Apr 19, 2015 rated it did not like it
Ibooks... free...rarely any good. oh dear. This was a disaster from beginning to end with the poorly constructed 'crime' plot line to the horrifyingly unrealistic love stories as well as the extremely unlikeable protagonist. Rich girl. Dying mother. Uncaring father. blahhblah. i did not care at all for any part of the story, and the spoiler... is here -Kihanna shoots a dude who apparently wants to kill her. None of it meshed well and it was boring as hell.

Fav character - Toby and that's not
Anncleire
Jul 14, 2013 rated it really liked it
BLOG TOUR ON MY BLOG on July 30th
Review + Giveaway + Except

If I had the option of getting my brains ate by zombies, or eating lunch in a high school cafeteria, I would chose the zombie every time. I’d probably have a better chance of surviving a zombie attack than a teenage girl attack. Or maybe it will be like The Hunger Games, and only one of us will come out alive.

“The fab life”, il primo volume della Kihanna Saga, è una simpatica ya mystery romance che
April
Aug 30, 2014 rated it liked it
3.5

Okay, so I got this book as an experiment. I saw it on Amazon and was like - hey, it's free, and it might be interesting!! (I am not one to turn down free books, generally speaking.)

Well. It was a pretty enthralling story, I will admit to that - in fact, I read this in a day and a half. Granted, it's not terribly long, but the plot does yank you in. However, I found none of the characters terribly compelling. I mean... Kihanna is held up to be this "paragon of virtue" for a multitude of
Jul 26, 2013 rated it really liked it
4 Stars

I’m a big fan of Mercy Amare and her writing style. I would consider her a Mature Young Adult writer, and although I don’t fall within the age bracket, it is one of my favorite genres. What I like most about her books, is that they are so easy and quick to read, and really capture your attention. Her chapters are more like diary entries and she titles the chapter with something that describes what will happen.

Why else am I a fan of Mercy Amare? Well we both have a love of the CW and The
Christy Reed
Jan 04, 2015 rated it did not like it
I'm rather appalled that iBooks lists this as a children's fiction story. Seriously? With the F-Bomb dropped in at pretty much every opportunity, and the rather explicit sex scene? I wish the author had taken more time to make this book into what it could've been. The plot idea was interesting, but it read like she just threw it together and sent it off without editing it. There's a lot of stuff that just didn't make sense...

(view spoiler)
Gabic Reads
Jun 24, 2013 rated it really liked it
Original review at Gabic Reads. ARC copy received from author.

Mercy has created a stunning opening to her new series centering around Kihanna Foster. Excuse me, I mean Kihanna Evers. Kihanna has just learned that her father is the CEO of Staying Connected, which is basically the Facebook/Twitter of the real world. Now, she is being whisked away from her life as a "poor" person (while Kihanna and her mother might not have lived in luxury, they were well-off) into the extravagant life with the
Jane
Shelves: kindle, to-review, arc
4 Stars

At 17 Kihanna’s life is turned upside down when she discovers the father who she thought was a dead beat, and didn’t want anything to do with her, is actually a famous billionaire and had no idea until two weeks ago that she even existed. Between them her parents decide she should move across the country and live with her Dad so they can get to know each other and build a relationship, so reluctantly she packs all her things and makes the journey to his house. This new world is nothing
Holly Ryanne
Aug 01, 2015 rated it liked it
The Fab Lifefollows Kihanna as she discovers her father isn't a lowlife as her mother always told her, but a billionaire. Sent to live with her new-found daddy with no explanation, Kihanna has to adjust to this secret life filled with scandals and money.

I picked this up for free from the amazon kindle store, get yours here:http://www.amazon.com/The-Life-Kihann...

I was looking through my infinite list of books on my kindle when I came across this sitting in my library. I was feeling pretty
Natalie Townson
Jul 30, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Oh i do love everything that Mercy Amare writes, this is the story of Kihanna, who has been sent to live with dad who she has only just met, she is thrown head first into the deep end of a world full of fancy parties and living the life of the rich and famous, Kihanna is barely keeping her head above water when she meets Ty and Gabe.

The story is very well developed and you instantly like Kihanna, when your reading you feel every insecurity that she has and you are really able to connect with
C.M. Foss
Jul 29, 2013 rated it really liked it
This is a FAB start to Mercy Amare's new series! Kihanna is 17 years old and thrown completely out of her element when she moves in with her billionaire father, whom she just found out existed. Before this she was just a normal, albeit super hot girl. She throws all the elite, über hot, douchebaggie high school boys into a tailspin by being her refreshing, normal, awkward teenage self. I connect so much with her because of the awkward!!! I felt Every. Painful. Moment. There's no explicit sex in ...more
Beauty and the Book
Aug 02, 2013 rated it really liked it
Kihanna, your average high school junior about t enter her senior year of high school. Raised by her middle class single mother she enjoys her life but has a constant need to find out who her father is.....and suddenly she does.

Kihanna finds out about her billionaire father, social climbing step-mother and sleazy step-brother and enters a whirlwind of drama, social climbing and lies.

This story I
is very much young adults, you feel with Kihanna how she's trys to find her place in a world she's
Renee
Jul 29, 2013 rated it liked it
I thoroughly enjoyed this book. I say that even though I know waiting for the next is going to be painful. I liked the Kihanna and her story. It was in fact similar to something else I read and for that reason I was torn between loving it and liking it. I guess 3.5 4 stars There were just too many similar things. Still pondering my thoughts. The missing Dad was a treat. The premise is to come to live with her Dad who is richer than rich in California. So she reluctantly goes.

Experiencing the
Brandy Dorsch
Jul 17, 2013 rated it really liked it
I am a fan of Mercy Amare. I loved Scarlett Ryan and The Rock Star Trilogy so when I was contacted about a review for her newest book, I jumped on board.
As an author of a trilogy myself, I know cliffhangers but Mercy always leaves me screaming at my kindle! I love it though! Kihanna is a fun girl and I like how she doesn’t cater to the lifestyle. She just wants to know her dad and I respect that. Mercy has a way of drawing me to the younger characters in her book but doesn’t leave me with the
MyBookopolis
Jun 24, 2013 rated it really liked it
I received an ARC copy of The Fab Life from the author for an honest review.

This is a story about Kihanna who has her relatively normal life turned totally fabulous when she finds out her father is a billionaire. A secret her mother has kept Kihanna's whole life in an attempt to protect her. Kihanna moves to live with her father, step-mother and step-brother where she is introduced to the culture of high society and the luxuries she can now afford.

I found The Fab Life an easy read and finished
Myra Espino
Jul 25, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I loved the story!! Wow!! haha!!
You can easily relate with it and the story was fresh!
I loved it! The setting and the concept was epic!
For the first time in my life, I found how good these kind of story was.
It's interesting and fun to read! It's really worth to read book.

The characters are funny and I like how the author brought the different types of people in one book.
I'm not an avid reader of this kind of genre but for the first time, I was hooked and addicted to it! Can't wait what will
Aug 29, 2015 rated it did not like it
well, I'm glad this book was short. I started reading it, and about five minutes in I realised inhated it. But my kindle said I only had an hour or so to go, so I figured I'd finish it.

The story line was slow and the relationships superficial. You couldn't feel how the characters felt about each other, they said they loved each other so you just had to accept it.

Probably the most annoying thing was that all the characters spoke with the same voice.

Suffice to say, I won't be reading the rest of
Elizabeth Emily Browne
I enjoyed this a lot more than I thought I was going too. Kihanna is a really good character. It wasn't a deep book and it was a little immature in places but it was a light and easy read.

I didn't like Toby at the beginning of this book but he turned out to be a pretty good stepbrother. I despise Ty. I could honestly punch him. And I know what Gabe did was wrong but he got scared so he pushed her away. It's obvious she loves him so I hope in time she forgives him and listened to her heart. This
Dina
May 08, 2015 rated it did not like it
Shelves: reviewed
Ok I just want to state my OPINION, so nobody cut off my fingers!

I feel like this book was written by a 13 year old girl on WattPad :(

SO TYPICAL SO SO SO TYPICAL!

Hell if she let her stay with Ty and work it out like a NORMAL couple that would've somewhat made it better but nooooo she HAD to go sleep with Gabriel (screw saying Gabe) and just find out that "he was the one" all along!

Oh my god don't even let me begin on the fact that she tells her dad "I love you" no no that's normal but what's
Catriona Laurie
Nov 08, 2014 rated it did not like it
If you have enjoyed other novels by Cambria Hebert then DO NOT read this series. Seriously don't. The characters are so cardboard you could pack your dishes in them and move house. Practically all of the characters have the exact same speech about their love and admiration for the heroine and repeat that opinion verbatim throughout the series. Kihanna as a heroine is not particularly likeable, she has the emotional depth of a gnat and seems to get over devastating tragedies instantaneously - ...more
Nikki
Apr 18, 2015 rated it really liked it
Ok, I've read all of the Kihanna Series and this happens to be the best of them all simply because it's all new ideas for the author and there is so much she can do with the story from here. The storyline for the series could have been amazing but from this book onwards it just goes down hill, most likely because the author ran out of ideas and just began repeating herself over and over again which became incredibly frustrating alongside with the fact that Kihanna becomes really naive and stupid ...more
❤Rose (◕‿◕✿)
Ok that's it. I cannot read anymore. I started it cos 1: It was supposedly similar to Tijan's books, and 2: the storyline seemed ok.
Put the execution of said storyline? I don't really like the authors writing style, and the character was very... well fictional characterish. Basically like she was some crappy character in a book. When you read something, you except to like the character, and in order to like them, they'd be... well realistic in a way right? this just didn't click for me.//
Aug 19, 2014 rated it it was ok
Not really sure where to start....I didn't hate this but I didn't love it either. I think it had a lot of potential but fell short for me. The relationships with her friends and the boys felt rushed, no build up. It felt very similar to another series I adore so maybe I'm unfairly comparing them in my mind. I think that if not as much was packed into the first book and it was allowed to develop a little more I may have liked it better. I'm curious how the story develops after taking off but I'm ...more
Kasi
Aug 03, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Read this whole book within 6 hours!! & I can't wait for the rest of the series!!! Second book comes out this Fall :) Loved the main character Kihanna! Veronica is growing on me! Love Toby & Gabe! Iffy about Kasbian(and wondering if he will be in the rest of the series?!?!). Hate Ty & Jacqueline! Really curious as to if Brian the pool guy will become more than the pool guy!

Mercy Amare is a great indie author! Can't wait to check out the rest of her books!!!
Jessica
Mar 20, 2014 rated it liked it
I'm a sucker for these kinds of books. Kihanna's story starts off nice enough and I'm interested in getting more. The relationships however developed WAY too fast to mean anything. Except for her relation with her stephbrother. That one is awesome and I could feel it. The otherones had potential but were too rushed. Well off to part two!
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Tormented: A Dark High School Bully Romance (Elginvale High #1)
  • Tormented Part 2: A Dark High School Bully Romance (Elginvale High #2)
  • Reason and Romance (River Valley, #1)
  • Defiance Falls War (Defiance Falls, #3)
  • Defiance Falls Revolution (Defiance Falls, #2)
  • Defiance Falls (Defiance Falls, #1)
  • Famous by Default
  • Over the Falls (Ryder Bay #1)
  • Westcott High
  • Being Jamie Baker (Jamie Baker, #1)
  • We're All Mad Here: The No-Nonsense Guide to Living with Social Anxiety
  • Remember Me
  • Dying to Forget (The Station #1)
  • A Tale of Two Kitties: 2 cats, 1 man and a great big life-changing adventure
  • Sinner (The Wolves of Mercy Falls, #4)
  • Girl at Heart
  • Playing the Enemy (The Trouble with Tomboys Book 1)
  • The Stand-In Boyfriend (Grove Valley High, #1)
I write clean NA romance books. I have a slight addiction to Red Bull. When I'm not writing, I like to play music (I play the guitar and bass).

The Kihanna Saga (5 books)
  • I Hate Goodbye (The Kihanna Saga, #2)
  • Stranded in Paradise (The Kihanna Saga, #3)
  • It's So Obvious (The Kihanna Saga, #4)
  • I Need You (The Kihanna Saga, #5)
“If I had the option of having my brains eaten by zombies, or eating lunch in a high school cafeteria, I would choose the zombie every time.” 0 likes
“We all make mistakes. Just be the bigger person.” 0 likes