Start by marking “Aloha Texas (Aloha, #1)” as Want to Read:
Aloha Texas (Aloha, #1)

(Aloha #1)

4.05  ·  Rating details ·  985 Ratings  ·  104 Reviews
Love a Navy Hero? Then you'll fall in love with the friends and family of the Big Island Dive shop

Former navy diver Nicholas Harper likes his new world as captain of a dive boat in Hawaii. That is until a phone call from the past changes everything. Now his uncomplicated life suddenly becomes very complicated.

Powerhouse attorney Kara Lynn O'Conner's world revolves aroun
Published January 12th 2014 by Indie House Publishing (first published June 25th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Aloha Texas, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Aloha Texas

Ⓐlleskelle - teamSøren♗ ⊲I like big b00ks⊳
All the feels for this heartwarming and steamy romance!

And another series to add to my “Happy Place” shelf!
If you’ve been following this blog, you know this shelf is reserved to Sarah Morgan, Jill Shalvis, Kristen Ashley, Jennifer Crusie, Robin Kaye, Virna DePaul… and few others whose series are the perfect HEA escape.

I’ve pretty much read Aloha Texas in one seating, captivated within the first pages and fell for all the characters, main and secondary.
Nick and his sense of honor and loyalty (als
Christina Montminy
This was a really emotional read. Nick is a former Navy diver who's living & working in Kona Hawaii as a dive shop owner & diving trainer. He's a ladies man but not really, his heart was broken when he proposed to his best friend & long time girlfriend 6yrs ago & she said no....so no one is ever getting close again. Kara is a young attorney who's keeping herself closed off to men & relationships because of something that happened to her in university. She's desperately trying ...more
Mona
Nov 28, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It was emotional to say the least. When Nick Harper got the call a lawyer from is home town in Texas. Why he didn't know.
He wasn't prepared when he found about the one women who said "no" to his marriage proposal. But now Patty Ann was sick. Asking him he sure wasn't about to let her down and say "no".
When he found out all it entailed.

Kara didn't know what to expect when Nick Harper came to see Patty Ann. She tried her best to reach him. He was like all the others, but then not. It was nice to s
Kelli Santistevan
Nov 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed this book.
Mona
Nov 28, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
When he found out all it entailed.

Melody Cox
Nov 17, 2016 rated it really liked it
***3.5 Stars***

Our hero, Nick, has just been informed that the woman who had been his whole world up until six years ago, when she turned down his marriage proposal, was dying and she needed him to come to her right away. Nick was in the Navy at the time he proposed to his then love who suffered from unrealistic fears, and gave him up since he wouldn't leave the Navy. Unfortunately, she gave birth to their son nine months after turning him down and kept it a secret for five years. He was flabber
Alice
Dec 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
It has been a long time since I have cried this long and hard reading a book - sad tears and happy tears reading a well written, plot driven good book. I read this through, beginning to end, in a single sitting. Tomorrow, my eyes will probably be swollen shut and my nose will still be red and raw, but I will have a smile on my face when I remember Kara and Nick and all the other wonderful characters that populate this squeaky clean book that is so much more than just another romance. The seeming ...more
Monica
Dec 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Such a sweet and tender love story! Chris Keniston's characters are so real, with real life stories filled with drama, heartache and love. Her books in her series can be read alone but I highly recommend this entire series. I had read the original version of this book when it was first released and loved it. This sweet and clean version didn't lose a single thing in the translation.

I loved reconnecting with Nick and Kara's story and have since read the following two books, Almost Paradise and M
Cherye Elliott
Hmmmm

This book frustrated me to no end.

Issues I have. Yes the woman who died was the love of his life. That same night he is writing on his to do list 'find a new Mother'. Are you kidding me? How about that attorney back off and let him be a Dad. Let him have a relationship with the son first. Let the Grandparents get involved.
See nod issue. What is the problem? Why won't he tell the kid he is the Dad? I pray anyone reading this book ..... please don't take their parenting advice.

Would I recomm
KimberlyDawn
Dec 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Aloha Texas is book one in the Sweet Aloha series. This is the sweet version, and there is also a spicier version of this story. Nick's life is good. He's running a dive boat in Hawaii now, and suddenly his past comes rushing back. Kara is an attorney and has been desperately trying to reach Nick. She finally does, and Nick heads to Texas. As their lives intertwine, they find more in common than a woman from his past. Will they find love as well? I really loved this story. I consider this a must ...more
Irene S
Nov 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I read the Sweet and Clean Edition of this book. I loved this sweet story. Nicholas is surprised to be summoned to Texas because his former love is deathly ill. He is even more surprised to find that he has a son. Kara, a lawyer and family friend of Bradley's deceased mother helps him as a single father. A bad experience in Kara's past has Nicholas being careful around Kara while being drawn to her. A cast of secondary characters led by Aunt Maggie and Nicholas's parents add to the story. This b ...more
Ellen White
Jun 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
A love from the past, that never completely died. A call is all it took to come to the states, leaving work commitments to his partner. His thoughts were more along the line of would she say she was sorry for turning him down, when they were in London. What he found the reason for the call, he was shocked. As well as the lawyer friend, of hers that called him. A good story of changing one life, or continuing the way you have been.
Debbie Borthwick
Loved This Book!!

Chris has done it again! This first book in the Aloha series has me hooked. I couldn't put it down until I finished it. I experienced all of the emotions. I had tears and laughter. I loved the characters and the story, which had me guessing almost to the end. I was given a copy of the ebook and this is my honest review. I definitely recommend this book and I can't wait to start the next one in the series.
Pam
Nov 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
Great book! Ms. Keniston managed to take a very sober subject & use it to install a connection between her characters & her readers. She enlists their emotions & sympathies with a young woman reaching out to an old boyfriend & keeps you reading to see what happens to the main characters. The plot has some twists & turns with surprises. A great start to a new series!
Mary Barrett
Jan 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Five stars

Good story. What a shock to have your high school and college sweetheart turn down your proposal for marriage and then six years later be summoned to her death bed; only to find out you are the father of a precocious five year old! Old wounds are often difficult to heal.... Well written and well edited.
Cynthia
Dec 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Terrific

I loved this story. Nick lives in Kona now after serving in the Navy, going back to TX was not in the plans. When a phone call from Kara an attorney asking to return because of his first love needing him. Little did he know the call would change his life.
Judi Radtke
Jan 08, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Aloha

Nick and Kara don't start out on the best footing, but as the story progresses so does the chemistry. This is the first book I have read by this author it will not be my last. I can tell you my favorite character was Ms. Yvette, please enjoy
Tabatha Robinson
Loved this!

When I startes this story (and first time reading this author) I thought it would be a nice, sweet love story...little did I know, that yes it was that, but it was so much more too! I have a new author whose books are wonderful!! Dont miss this series!
Anna Lee McNeil
Aug 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great story!

I really enjoyed this book - I like reading about people's problems in life, especially when there is a good resolution. I also liked the fact that there was a good love story without all the sex that accompies many romances.
Winona Bowling
Mar 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
SURPRISE!

OK..so I thought I figured it out pretty quickly..
NOT!! I This is a DELIGHTFUL read!
I was so absorbed in the characters, I did not see the twist until I was gasping loud enough for my husband to ask if I was OK!!!
Off to get the next book! Totally hooked!!
Pat Welte
Apr 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
I really liked this book. It starts fast right from the beginning. The people feel like friends and family. I cared about them. This is the first book I have read by this author but I will be reading more of thise books.
Ashley Lavering
Jan 12, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Enjoyable.

I enjoyed this story and that the author had a clean edition. Just goes to show that you don't need sex scenes o make a good book. I enjoyed these characters and am excited to read more.
Pat Christie
Dec 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Free ebook, part of a series

He gets a call to come home to Texas to be with a dying girlfriend. He gets the surprise of his life when she tells him of his son. She dies and he tries to figure out being a Dad
Lois Buck
Aug 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Aloha Texas

I loved this story! She loses her heart to an adorable five year old whose mother is in the hospital dying. He learns he is a father as his son's mother is dying. Sparks fly! But there are complications. A wonderful clean story.
Michelle Padilla
Aug 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Cute romance

Two characters thrown together by a tragic loss. Can they both be what the other needs or will they argue about everything? Can a little boy who lost his mom be the key to their happiness?
Victoria Robinson
Jun 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: book-challange
Good book loved the story would recommended to anyone to read
Patsy
Nov 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: chris-keniston
Loved it in the original version, and loved it again in the "Sweet" version... Just love this story!!
Melissa Durfee
Sep 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent read

Really enjoyed reading this book. Looking forward to reading more by this author. Would highly recommend this book to anyone.
Cynthia Clouser
Sep 09, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Aloha Texas

This was a sweet story about two people building a family with Just enough mystery and tension to keep me reading most of the night
Nancy
May 13, 2018 rated it liked it
Stupid cover picture. Enjoyable story. Will think about reading more.
Nook books: March 23, 2018 1 1 Mar 23, 2018 07:35PM
  • Saved by a SEAL
  • Uneven Exchange
  • Fall for a SEAL (SEALs Undone, 1, 2, 3)
  • Savage (The Healer #3)
  • Starstruck
  • Tempting the Knight (The Fairy Tales of New York Series Book 2)
  • The Billionaire Princess (The Sherbrookes of Newport, #3)
  • Endal: How One Extraordinary Dog Brought a Family Back from the Brink
  • Gloria's Secret (Gloria's Secret, #1)
  • The Marshal Takes A Wife  (The Burnett Brides, #3)
  • SEAL the Deal (Alpha SEALs #1)
  • Warrior's Bride
  • Trust in the Lawe (Colorado Trust #3)
  • Changing Lanes (The Lone Stars, #3)
  • Cataclysm Blues
  • Best Friends
  • Winning the Right Brother (Silhouette Special Editions, #2046)
  • Uncharted (Serendipity Adventure Romance, #1)
A native New Yorker, Chris Keniston was on her way to Australia when she fell in love with North Texas. Little did she know the balmy seventy-degree October days would turn into fry-an-egg-on-the-sidewalk heat in August!

Twenty years later, she started scribbling short stories about her favorite TV shows, giving them lives more to her liking - and the elusive happy ending. Not long after, a dear fr

Aloha (9 books)
  • Shell Game (Aloha #0.5)
  • Almost Paradise (Aloha, #2)
  • Mai Tai Marriage (Aloha, #3)
  • Dive Into You (Aloha, #4)
  • The Look of Love (Aloha, #5)
  • Love By Design (Aloha, #6)
  • Love Walks In (Aloha, #7)
  • Waikiki Wedding: Unforgettable Nights in Hawaii (Aloha Series Book 8)