Start by marking “Abraham's Four Seeds” as Want to Read:
Abraham's Four Seeds

Abraham's Four Seeds

"Abraham’s Four Seeds" is a biblical examination of the presuppositions of Covenant Theology and Dispensationalism. Pastor, evangelist, and author John G. Reisinger demonstrates how a correct understanding of Abraham’s seeds is key to harmonizing Scripture. He writes:
The following statement, if correctly understood, will help to clear up a lot of confusion: The nation of I
Published October 13th 2012 by New Covenant Media (first published May 1st 1998)

To ask other readers questions about Abraham's Four Seeds, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Abraham's Four Seeds

Start your review of Abraham's Four Seeds
Eric Skwarczynski
Apr 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
One feels foolish to attempt to review or comment on a book that they themselves have yet to fully grasp, and this monumental work by John G. Reisinger certainly places me in that uncomfortable predicament.

Being a younger Christian with no formal theological education, I do not shy away from the fact that I do not know everything.

At times I find myself grasping at every book I see, hoping to learn and understand what I can of some of these deeper concepts.

I was not heavily familiar with the fin
Mark Evans
I really agree with the fundamental point that both dispensational theology and covenant theology are systems imposed on Scriptural texts rather than being exegetically drawn out of the biblical texts.

But this book was quite jumbled, overstated, and often cliched. I doubt that many covenant theologians for instance would feel accurately represented here - Resinger does not seem to understand the typology that someone like Calvin for instance articulated in the Institutes.

One major difference he
Doug Connell
#61 out of goal of 100 for 2018

Really thorough examination of the claims of both covenant theology and dispensationalism. Technical but not so much that the interested layperson couldn’t follow and benefit
JR Snow
Nov 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: nct, theology
Very good. Challenges the doctrines of dispensationalism and (more pertinent to my Presbyterian-recovering-self) Covenant Theology.

I’m loath to accept doctrine without much historical precedent...but this book is pretty solid.
Glenn Leatherman
Feb 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
One the best books in helping develop a biblical theology and seeing the grand scheme of Scripture.
Daniel Guzmán
Feb 25, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book explains clearly and profoundly the basic presuppositions of both Dispensationalism and Covenant Theology. It is a great tool for the one who wants to understand in which theological foundations these two system are based and what are the most constant errors.

For the one who wants to go depth in New Covenant Theology studies compared with the other two systems of Biblical Theology.
William Dicks
This is an excellent book on New Covenant Theology. It breaks down the wrong ideas held by Dispensationalism and Covenant Theology and provides a simple yet profound, direct interpretation of the Scriptures. It does become a little repetitive at times, but is well worth the effort to read it.
Jordan Shelvock
Nov 29, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A helpful look at how scripture uses the term "Abraham's seed". Brings a lot of clarity to an oft debated topic.
Diana Woodbury
Sep 28, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was an excellent and concise book that goes after the presupposition errors that are in Dispensational and Covenant Theology.
James Drake
« previous 1 3 next »

• What Is the Gospel?
  • Nine Marks of a Healthy Church
  • New Covenant Theology: Time For A More Accurate Way
  • The Work of Christ (Contours of Christian Theology, #2)
  • Ancient Word, Changing Worlds: The Doctrine of Scripture in a Modern Age
  • The Intolerance of Tolerance
  • Ten Indictments against the Modern Church
  • The Great Divorce
  • God's Rivals: Why Has God Allowed Different Religions? Insights from the Bible and the Early Church
  • According to Plan
  • The Pilgrim's Regress
  • Federal Husband
  • How To Exasperate Your Wife and Other Short Essays for Men
  • The Things of Earth: Treasuring God by Enjoying His Gifts
John G. Reisinger is an evangelist, theologian, conference speaker, former pastor and writer. New Covenant Theology and Prophecy is his 23rd book. John is well-known for having a unique talent to make profound and deep truths simple and understandable.

News & Interviews

“The nation of Israel was not the ‘Body of Christ,’ even though the Body of Christ is indeed the true ‘Israel of God.” 0 likes