Start by marking “The Playboy” as Want to Read:
The Playboy

The Playboy

A-List actor Zack Houston needed no introductions. He was the handsome playboy of Hollywood and every woman wanted to be with him. Every woman except for Piper Meadows. Piper wanted nothing to do with a man like Zach. And that’s why she pretended she didn’t know him when they first met. She wasn’t to know that Zack would see her as a challenge. She wasn’t to know that he h ...more
ebook
Published September 14th 2019 by Draft2Digital

To ask other readers questions about The Playboy, please sign up.

Marcia Brodt
🎬Wowza Wowza Wowza!!🎸

The Playboy has everything. Fun, big egos, a “Who Done It” and mind-blowing sex. It’s captivating and will keep you guessing what happens next. There’s a panty-dropping A-list actor, Oracle Lion aka Zach Houston, and rock star, Jackson Camden, who grew up together and have a secret. Two best friends, Piper, and Alexa are on a ladies' trip to Los Angeles. They're looking to have some fun and hopefully get lucky.
Piper met Seth for the first time while buying cupcakes. He’s in
Joyce Black
Sep 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Excellent romance; but wait, there is more ... a lot more. Great story that on the face of things appears as one thing but simmering below there appears to be hidden agendas and secrets. The characterizations were fantastic. The main female character appears sweet and girl next door type but is certainly not a push-over. The main male character is overtly charming but at times a bit acerbic as well. Each of the main characters has a best friend who also appear quite prominently in this story. Th ...more
Dani
Sandra
Shelves: arc
I received The Playboy by JS Cooper as an ARC for an honest review.

I'm still reeling in from the ending... omg what a cliffy.

From the very beginning of the story I was captured into Oracle Lion aka Zach and Piper's world. Hollywood drama, hot sex, comedy,  twists and mystery.

Story is well written and love the characters
I need Book 2 now

Another hit JS Cooper

Synposis:
Cilicia White
Kimberly
Sep 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
JS Cooper’s ‘The Playboy’ is a fun, modern romance with an unexpected twist. Piper is on typical girls weekend with her BFF Alexa in hopes of finding some fun and excitement. The last thing she expects to find is herself wrapped up in the drama of hot mega star Zach, aka Oracle Lion and his best friend and equally attractive star Jackson. Piper hates Oracle and his ego the second she meets him in a nightclub and he has never had to try to gain attention from a woman in his life, so he is definat ...more
Brianne Harms
Sep 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
I read an ARC of this book for J. S. Cooper, so this is my complete and honest opinion.

In the first chapter I liked Oracle. He seemed like he was more down to earth and truly didn’t like the fan attention that a celebrity gets in public. As the chapters rolled out I started to quickly hate him. Just because he has a past and now is a celebrity doesn’t mean you can act like a jerk to everyone. I feel like he has a lot of maturing to do and pulling his head out of his butt.

Piper has been in one ba
Karen
Sep 21, 2019 rated it liked it
I wanted to like this book and even though it starts out cute at the cupcake shop, Oracle gets odd at a bar trying to connect with Piper for one night's pleasure. Then as he leaves her place the next morning all the components of angst between them come together.

So now he and his buddy, Jackson have to find out what Piper and her girl, Alexa know about something that happened in Florida long ago.

We really don't know much about Alexa. That bothered me. It's not developed much because the book lea
Amanda
Sep 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
Piper and her best friend Alexa are on a girls weekend getaway in L.A. when they meet A-list actor Oracle Lion, aka Zach Houston, and his best friend, rockstar Jackson Camden. Jackson and Zach grew up together in Florida and are hiding a big secret. Piper pretends not to know who Oracle is and it draws him to her and they seem to have a connection. They have a sexy night together and Zach seems to be much more than the playboy that everyone thinks. When Alexa accidentally stumbles across somethi ...more
Stephanie Messier
Sep 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Well this book hooked me from the first page! I’ve always been a J.S Cooper fan, and she didn’t disappoint with this book.
Piper and Alexa head down to LA for a girls weekend getaway, they head out on the town for a night of dancing and adult beverages...

Much to her surprise so bumps in to hottie musician Jackson Camden while she waits for Alexa to finally get to the club. Jackson get distracted by a few fans at the bar Piper bumps into non other than Oracle Lion aka Zack another hottie Hollywo
Vanna
Sucked IN!!!

Wow! Wow! Wow!! This book was crazy intense and suspenseful. I was pulled in with the first chapter and could not put this book down!! I love Piper's feisty personality and though she is so strong is resisting Zach for as long as she could but I still love the verbal sparring Piper and Zach have with each other. There were so many times when their bantering made me laugh and even though you know the inevitable is Piper falling for Zach but it was nice to see her withstand his charms
K. Smock
Sep 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
4.5 Stars! There is Oracle, aka Zach, who is an alpha A-list movie star. He sometimes wants some amenity so goes out in disguise. One afternoon, he meets Piper in a cupcake store, then ends up seeing her again in a club. She intrigues him right from the start. There is lots that goes on in the book that keeps your interest. Good primary and secondary characters. Will Piper find out about his past for her friend? Will this be the end of them so he can keep his secrets? This one ends in a cliffhan ...more
Sharon
Sep 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
ollywood has its cast of characters and so does the playboy. The Oracle aka Zack is an overconfident alpha. He sets his sights on have a steamy hook up with Piper who is quick to resist and acts like she doesn’t know who he is. This only ups his ego and he feels a need to rise to the challenge.
This book weaves and intricate tale of lies, egos and angst. This story is far from over and I am left with questions. Who does one trust when secrets get exposed.
This is a great combination of steam; dram
Linda Kopec
Sep 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Piper meets Zach (Oracle Lion) while on vacation with her best friend. She pretends not to know him and wants nothing to do with them. This just intrigues Zach, who has women throwing themselves at him all the time. Their chemistry is undeniable, yet there's more than meets the eye with these two. This book has it all - steam, intrigue, lies, danger, and a cliffhanger that will leave you breathless. We need book 2 now! I received an advanced readers copy of this book and am gladly leaving this r ...more
Stephanie Ditmore
Sep 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
I loved Piper and Zach. Their story is fun, full of romance and you will not see the twist coming. When these two meet let’s just say it’s oil and water. Piper can’t stand him, he’s arrogant and always gets what he wants, well that was up until he met Piper. Piper can’t deny the connection, the chemistry between them, she’s a challenge and he will not back down. There’s drama, suspense, secrets kept close to the chest with these two. I am excited for the next book to see where these two end up. ...more
Bec
CLIFFHANGER. CLIFFHANGER. CLIFFHANGER

I really wanted to dump two stars but hold the in good conscience do it. But absolutely no where is there any hint that this book was a cliffhanger. It doesn’t even have another title showing its part of a series....very annoying.

We have a book under 200 pages and although intriguing is very underdeveloped especially when it comes to Alexa and her secrets. The distrust all round doesn’t really present as a “playboy” book at all. Hopefully one day I’ll find th
Veronica Duarte
Sep 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I was instantly drawn into the story of Oracle, a.k.a Zach, and Piper. The twists and turns in the story are just enough to keep you guessing. Their pull to one another is there and so palpable you can feel it jumping off the pages of the book. You want to just dig into Oracle and know what makes him tick and can’t help but root for Piper to figure him out!!! So much mystery but just as much hot and intense sexy times!!! Can not wait for Secrets of the Playboy to come how to see how it all ends! ...more
Michelle Manfre
Sep 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Can we just start with the ending??? I’m still sitting here with my jaw on the floor. I mean it just can’t be, it’s not possible... these are thoughts reeling through my mind. Of course if we rewind now to the beginning I pretty much fell for Oracle instantly and maybe even a little Jackson if I’m totally honest. The chemistry between Piper and Oracle is palpable. Oracle and Piper take us on an intriguing, steamy, and mystery filled ride. One where you just can’t put the book down and are left n ...more
Marcia Cowen
Ching-Yi
Sep 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
OMG, This story is so interestingly hot! I was hooked by the story from the very first page, the opening. It's so funny, sweet, and passionately steamy hot. But that was not all, there are secrets and dramas to make us thinking and guessing. I was shocked when I saw the words "The End" because that was not what I was expecting, now I so can't wait to read the sequel to find out the answers and the rest of the story!
Terra Drynan-Werder
Sep 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What the heck???? I had no idea this book ended on a cliffhanger, but OMG it was so good. I'm not sure what I was expecting but this book was so much more. Not only was it well written, with great characters, but it has mystery and intrigue and it was HOT, HOT, HOT. I cannot wait to see what happens in the next book. I voluntarily read an advance reader copy of this book for an honest review.
Annette Dauzat
Sep 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow, J. S. Cooper! I loved it! What an ending!!! No spoilers here. Definitely left with a few questions, I so want to know the answers to. I read an advanced reading copy of this book! In this book you’ll find a little bit of everything there’s humor, romance, hot & steamy passion, blossoming love, drama, lies, secrets and few mysteries. A definite book to add to your to be read list! Can’t wait for the next book!
Kayla Berry
Sep 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Amazing story, as always J.S. Cooper did NOT let us down! The story starts with 2 best friends (Alexa & Piper) going on a girls trip. Little did they know they would meet 2 famous Best Friends (Oracle & Jackson) with a mysterious past! The tension and mystery between Oracle, and Piper is so intense it will keep you on your toes wanting to read page after page without putting the book down. I can not wait to read the sequel!
Jean
Sep 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Omg another amazing book by the talented Jaimie, she is such a talented writer and her books take you into the story right from the first page. There are twists and turns along with lies, secrets, humour and very hot scenes that make you keep turning the page's to see what will happen next. What an ending, I can't wait to read the next book. I definitely recommend you read this book and others by Jaimie are they are definitely worth reading.
I Voluntarily Reviewed an ARC Copy Of This Book.
Stephanie
4 1/2 ⭐
Well this story did not go in the direction I thought it would, lol! Pleasantly surprised. Oracle/Zach is a famous actor who has en ego to match. Piper is a romance author. Their first encounter was definitely a rocky one. Piper’s bff comes across some intriguing information but needs Piper to ask Oracle questions to fill in the blanks. What we’re left with is the mother of cliffhangers and luckily a release date of the answers not to far away.
Susan Tronchetti
Sep 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This story grabbed me from the very beginning as few books manage to do.
I loved the chemistry betwern Piper and Zach. Plenty of steamy scenes, angnst, mystery and fun in this story ! Warning there is a cliff hanger that will leave you yearning for answers..... such as What happened, what is Piper's friend up to? How can this possibly end well? It promises to be a great story in the next book, I hope I get my ? answered!
Jo-Ann Forrest
Piper and Zach will take you on this roller coaster story,that is a guaranteed wild ride that you won't be able or want to get off on! I never thought we would be left hanging on this cliff hanger!!! Zach (Oracle) is an actor and a playboy, he meets Piper who is a romance writer and a mystery to him. Their chemistry jumps off the pages and will enthrall you. I can't wait to see what's next fro these two. I honestly volunteered to review this story.
Corie
All I can say is WOW!

You have everything you need in this book! Friendship with Piper and Alexa and Oracle aka “Zach” and Jackson. But it is not all rainbows and unicorns for any of them. Then Piper and Oracle “really” meet and the sparks fly! But wait there is more to this romance than meets the eye and the plot thickens and we are left wondering and wanting more! J S Cooper has done it again, well done!
Mrs Emma Murray
Sep 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I received an early copy for an honest review.

I would rate this 4.5 star just because of the cliffhanger however we only have to wait 3 weeks so not too long.

I really enjoyed this book from page 1. The characters were instantly engaging, including the secondary characters, with plenty if chemistry and a touch of mystery. I really enjoyed this book and look forward to the sequel.
Linda Rea
Sep 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
Well I really love Piper and her attitude when she meets Oracle and she keeps it up through the whole story. Piper meets Oracle when he is in disguise then meets him again as himself she doesn’t do the fan girl thing and he likes that. Her friend Alexa who she was supposed to meet finally shows up and leaves with Oracles friend Jackson leaving Piper alone with him. Everything is going good till someone takes a picture..

• Cheers in Charistown (Charistown, #3.5)
  • Resisting Payne
  • Say You Love Me (Safe Haven, #5)
  • Fatal (Fierce, #4)
  • Ruby Lips
  • Fighting to Stand (Disastrous, #2.5)
  • Untitled (Breathe Again, #3)
  • The Rocker That Kisses Me (The Rocker)
  • Eternally (Infinite Love Duet, #2)
  • My Captain (Neil & Elaina, #2)
  • Off the Air (Running on Air, #1)
  • Chasing Tyler (Break Me, #3)
  • Vertical Drop
  • The Boy in the Band (The Boy in the Band, #1)
  • Romantica (The Romantica Trilogy, #1)
  • Every Changing Way (Sloan Brothers, #4)
  • Never Have I Ever
  • Reckless (Portland Street Kings #5)