Start by marking “The Returns (The Returns, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Returns (The Returns, #1)

The Returns

(The Returns #1)

What happens if you arrive at the Pearly Gates before your time? F.B.I Agent Bentley Clanton finds out the hard way as he is directed to a little-known area devoted to correcting glitches in the longevity system. The Returns Department specializes in finding appropriate bodies for “early arrivals” before sending them back to earth. It seemed an acceptable solution until Be ...more
Published November 11th 2013 by CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform (first published November 28th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about The Returns, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Returns

M.K. Clinton
May 11, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
I had such fun writing The Returns! The animals in my book are pets who have shared my life. Although some have passed away, they each left paw prints on my heart. In writing about them, I have been able to bring them back to life and enjoy their company once again. I hope readers enjoy my story and that it brings some laughter into their day!
Amy Bridges
Dec 22, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
So funny! Great debut from Ms. Clinton!
AJ
Dec 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Good Clean Fun! What a Great Story!

I chose this book to try something different from my usual genres and I'm glad I did! This is an interesting and unusual story and I hope the author has written other books that I will find when I finish here and go search. I'd recommend this book to anyone. It is good clean fun, intelligently written, suitable for all ages. Enjoy!
Deborah
Dec 25, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fantasy-humour
What a hoot!
I picked this up as a suggestion from a friend as I fancied something light and humorous - and I wasn't disappointed.
Take one (dead) FBI agent, re-incarnate him in the body of a Basset Hound and send him back to finish his last case, along with several other 'returns' also connected with the villain: Bones, former World Champion Featherweight boxer, now a Chihuahua; fashion designer and computer hacker extraordinaire, Pierre the flamboyant Westie; Tucker the Golden Retrie
Rachele Baker
Dec 15, 2014 rated it really liked it
Samuel Taylor Coleridge (1772-1834), an English poet, literary critic, and philosopher, coined the phrase "willing suspension of disbelief." He stated that he hoped his writing would create "a human interest and a semblance of truth sufficient to procure for these shadows of imagination that willing suspension of disbelief." M.K. Clinton has done a marvelous job of writing a fantastical tale that enabled me to willingly suspend my disbelief and enjoy her story of the "Returns," people who come b ...more
Maureen
Jun 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved this

Fun, entertaining. A little silly at times but gives you good laugh out loud moments. It has action that keeps the story moving so you hate to put it down. Loved it!
So, I Read This Book Today
Jun 23, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Humour, laughter, mystery, dog lovers
I got a tremendous amount of enjoyment from this book. Very clever and HIGHLY entertaining! It gives the term "good fun" a whole new twist, as an Angel, a cat and four wonderfully believable dogs (oh, and one FBI agent) struggle to bring a really, really bad man to justice!

The dogs characterizations were spot-on. I could hear and see these guys in my head the whole time I was reading. Have I said it was funny? Ah, the pictures in my head! If you are a dog lover, this is absolutely a book you sh
Carol Tilson
Feb 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing

Gotta love ghosts, angels and dogs!

This comedy has one of the most original story lines I have come across in a long time. It is truly a feel good book! A group of people die before their time, they are sent back as animals and an angel so they can solve a crime. The four dogs and one cat live with the most beautiful guardian angel out there. This angel is probably the world's worse cook, but they all love her anyways. The Golden Retriever usually says the blessing before the meal,
Bernie
Dec 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Returns review

The Returns is an adorably cute and funny story. It's about four people who died and returned to earth under the guardianship of a newbie guardian Angel. This is a series by author M.K. Clinton.
Victoria Halphen
So sweet

I loved this book and can't wait to read the next one. I have 2 dogs and one feisty cat. I talk to them all the time and would love to have a conversation with them and have them talk back. This is a make you feel good book. M.K., thanks.
Sandra Shanholtzer
Light mystery

Light mystery. This is a light mystery and well written. I look forward to the next book. I do find it hard to buy into the fact that the dogs can do all that is written, but is it is fiction after all.
Julie Rogers
Mar 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Awesome!

I enjoyed every minute of this book. I have three dogs and a cat and I wish I could talk to them. But we understand each other just fine. Thanks for the great book. I look forward to reading more.
Books
Aug 21, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reviewed-2013
This is definitely a delightful little read, and dog lovers would especially enjoy this. I could easily visualize it as a Disney movie, and I think kids in particular would love this novel. Oh, and I absolutely love the cover! It fits in perfectly with the story.
Mahoghani 23
I first thought this book lacked the comedy and entertainment that I like to read. I'm glad that I took the time to finish the story. Entertaining, funny and downright believable if you're a pet owner and thinks your pets talk to you.
Kathryn Cook
May 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Captivating

So cute. Excellent, entertaining and fun to read. The plot was way cool especially if your a dog lover. Good story and all in my favorite city the Big and Easy - New Orleans.
Trina Houston-dotson
Oct 16, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reviewed
Wow Wow Wow!

I loved it...every bit. Very inspiring and sweet.
Kayla Tremmel
I don't normally read these kind of books but I really enjoyed it.
J.C. Mells
Sep 21, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is not the type of book I usually read, but having said that, I found this book to be a quirky, fun read, which will no doubt be a big hit with dog lovers as well as mystery fans.
Denise Gruzensky
Humor, romance, adventure, fun, and even a few tears can't wait to start Showstoppers!
Jamie Miller
May 31, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I absolutely LOVED this book! The Returns have huge personalities and will keep you laughing! I can not wait to read about their future adventures!
Becky See
Apr 15, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Such a fun book to read! Kind of reminded me of something Disney would make a movie out of! Hope she continues to write more about "The Retuns".
Michael E. Schulte Sr.
Fast paced warm and just too funny

Anyone who loves Christ ,animals and believes in Angels is in for the funniest adventure the mind can imagine. A warm and hilarious story to be sure. Trust me, you will feel enlightened and keep the tissues handy. The humor and blessings abound. Best reading time I've had in years. The world needs more of these stories to be sure. So looking forward to next book.
Patricia Mccammon
Jan 10, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A very unusual but funny book. When someone dies before their time, they are returned but in a different form. A Seal, a FBI agent and others come back as dogs, watched over by a guardian angel who also is a return.
Edie Chase
Mar 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A thriller with a twist.

I really enjoyed this book. It was a real page turner. It was an exciting and fun read. The characters aren't your normal wannabe sleuths. I look forward to reading the second book in the series.
Kathy Govreau
Nov 22, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A very cute story for anyone who loves dogs! Very entertaining!
Rebecca
Sep 04, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle-free
3 stars for the interesting story and characters. But it needs work on POV. The point of view shifts too often and unpredictably, sometimes initially confusing.
Jackie Lineberger
Jan 29, 2016
Ronie
Jan 07, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Down Home And Deadly  (Sleuthing Sisters Mystery #3)
  • Death on the Aegean Queen (Dotsy Lamb, #3)
  • Dinner at Deadman's
  • For Better, for Murder (Broken Vows, #1)
  • Murder in Death's Door County
  • The Driving Lesson
  • Treasure of Egypt: Treasure of the Ancients
  • Buried By Buttercups (Peggy Lee Garden Mysteries #5.5)
  • Overdue for Murder (Betsy Livingston / Pecan Bayou #2)
  • Saints Preserve Us
  • Love Thy Sister (Mina's Adventures, #1)
  • Hot Chocolate
  • The Hollow Tree at Dead Mule Swamp (Anastasia Raven Mysteries)
  • Something in the Blood (Honey Driver Mystery, #1)
  • Dog River Blues (Wes Darling Mystery, #2)
  • Digging Up Death (Mari Duggins Mystery, #1)
  • Murder at the War: A Modern-Day Mystery With a Medieval Setting (Peter Brichter, #2)
  • Framed for Murder
I'm what you can refer to as a GRITS...Girl Raised In The South. I've been married to my best friend for over 30+ years. We have two grown children both are newlyweds. Along with them, we have a four-legged hairy child, Bentley, who is trapped in the body of a Basset Hound. He is not married and plans to live at home with us forever. For the time being, we have our granddog Pierre, the Westie. Th ...more

The Returns (2 books)
  • Showstoppers (The Returns, #2)
“Dogs are loyal, patient, fearless, forgiving, and capable of pure love. Virtues that few people get through life without abandoning, at least once.” 6 likes
“I always say, the time you spend with your dog makes the difference in a great dog or a crate dog.” 4 likes