Start by marking “The Alignment (The Alignment, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Alignment (The Alignment, #1)

The Alignment

(The Alignment #1)

He's killed three men in the few days she's known him. Yes, it's self-defense. But when he tried to kill her, it wasn't. Her peaceful mountain refuge has been invaded, her inexplicable nausea linked to his physical presence. She's captive in his house for her "protection," with a churning stomach, his bad attitude, and no safe way home.

All that changed the night the stars
Published November 21st 2013 by Kay Camden (first published November 20th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about The Alignment, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Alignment

Start your review of The Alignment (The Alignment, #1)
Tiffany
Jun 03, 2017 rated it liked it
Don't let the 3-star rating turn you away--I recommend this.

The Alignment series is a romantic urban fantasy.

Now let me tell you: I am not ordinarily a fan of anything romance-centered, as it just can't hold my interest. I'm all about a good romance, only if and when it's on the side of an action-packed plot. It's too overbearing and cliche otherwise.

But this series.

The plot is compelling because of its focus on family and its emphasis on nature vs. nurture. Camden's writing style is simple but
Veronica
May 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Worth Every One of the Five Stars

This is the best Indie eBook I have read in a Very Long Time. I am anticipating the next installment with joyful eagerness.
Wendy
Jun 07, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: spfbo, urban-fantasy
Liv and Trey are both running away from dark pasts and when their lives literally collide in the small town Liv has just moved to, the wrong kind of fireworks go off. They find that they can't stand each other. Being around Trey even makes Liv physically ill. But because of Trey's family issues, Liv has now been linked to him and those that want him dead, want the same for her, forcing her to stay with him for protection.

The first few chapters of this book immediately hooked me. I loved the wri
Alexandra G.
Apr 11, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy
4 stars

Ok, I've been going through a horrible period because I couldn't find anything to read. Actually I did find books, I just didn't like them. It's awful.
But then I found this book.

I must say that the description did not fit almost at all with the content of the book. I started it expecting one thing, and it turned out to be another. But not in a bad way.
Well, it was weird. That is the first thing that comes to mind. And I really didn't know in what shelf to put it. I mean, it is fantasy b
Elizabeth Jane
Sep 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Could not love this book more!

The blurb does NOTHING to actually portray this book's crazy plot twists and white-knuckle thrills. LOVE Trey's character! Makes me think of a modern day Mr. Rochester...with a twist. Liv is one of the very few female protagonists I've ever enjoyed reading. Normally, females read as ingratiating and pouty wimps. Liv is kick ass! And so witty! I'm on to the next book to see what happens!
(;Missy.Lala;)
Wow that was not what I expected...

A tip to future readers of this series!! DO NOT JUDGE THIS BOOK BY THE COVER OR THE SUMMARY IN THE BACK! It totally gives you the wrong idea!!!

Now I'm going to read book 2, and probably leave a full review on the second book while go cry in a corner for the FINALE :D
Aviar Savijon
Dec 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Alignment

A strange tale with so much going on its hard to put words to it, other than buy this book.
Kay Camden
Dec 01, 2016 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: my-books
Note from the author: This series is very sequential and should be read in order. Thank you for reading!
Tracey
4 stars. A wonderfuly different fantasy romance for Adult/New Adult. Larger than life characters and a complex unusual storyline will have me hanging until the next part of this series is released.
Janna G. Noelle
Sep 18, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-in-2016
I don't usually read urban fantasy – or romance – however I am Goodreads friends with the author. I like a lot of what she has to say about books we've read in common so I decided to give her own book a try. The Alignment centres on Liv Gilchrist, a slightly paranoid-neurotic nurse who is trying to resettle her life from Chicago to rural Montana following a personal tragedy and the end of a long-time relationship. Upon arriving, she quickly finds herself caught up in the drama of local loner, ba ...more
Marianne Donovan
Feb 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
I received this book free from a Goodreads giveaway.

The Alignment by Kay Camden kept me turning the pages. It begins with Liv Gilchrist moving from Chicago to Black River Montana searching for a fresh start. Her fate collides with that of Trey Bevan when his truck runs a red light directly into her car. Their initial dislike for one another (hers is both emotional and physical) resolves as their secretive pasts and a longstanding prophecy is revealed. Told with changing POV, it did sometimes see
Jemimah  Zafoune
Feb 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
A friend recommended this series to me and said how much she enjoyed it so I decided to pick it up.
I did enjoy it myself, however I found it slow reading with the story, and slightly confusing in stages. It is however a riveting read and I found it hard to put down. It is an interesting story, and I've not read anything like it before.
I will read the next book in the the series, especially as it does end with a cliffhanger ending, but it's not something I'm going to dive straight back into. Thi
Brianna
Jan 15, 2018 rated it it was ok
I'd give this 2.5 stars if that was possible. Nothing particularly wrong with this story except it's way way way too long, and near the ending I was skimming. There were plot points where it was very vague what was going on, which is amazing considering how long this book was that a few more sentences couldn't be used to explain things. I read it on my e-reader and would love to know exactly how many words this book has.

Lisa P
Jan 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wicked cliffhanger

For quite a bit of the story you really don't know what's going on with Trey- who he is, what he is... That mystery alone keeps you turning the pages. The chemistry between him and Liv is intense, weird, and funny. Still very curious about Liv's history. Jumping right into the next book.
Michele DeLuca
Jan 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It had me from the start

Kay Camden had me from the opening paragraphs. She knows how to tell a good story and this is one of my favorite types of books because if you dont finish it in one sitting you know it's waiting for you and you cant wait to get back to it. It was offered for free on Amazon but I heading off now to purchase the next book in the series.
Janina s. Asselin
Oh to have a Trey in one's life

Loved this book. Interesting mix of adventure, romance, magic and fun. Enjoyable characters and nice story development. Can't wait to read the next book.
I agree with a lot of other reviewers in that this was not what I expected. The blurb had me expecting something totally different. Regardless, this book was a little strange and the writing was a bit choppy. The MCs weren't my favourites- the H is a moody jerk oft times and the h is a freaking doormat. Her reactions to the truths in the H's life indicate a lack of self preservation on her part. Nevertheless, I will continue on with this series. Call it book chemistry or whatever you want, but I ...more
Keisha
Dec 22, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: first-reads
*****Won From GoodReads Giveaway***

Oh wow! I liked this book way more than I thought I would. When it came to Aaron I sort of guessed what would happen but it wasn't obvious more so what I was hoping for. Trey takes sexual healing to a whole new level and I loved his character and I like how hard it is for him to resist Liv. I enjoyed the bits of sarcastic humor but the one thing I didn't like is how it ended because I don't like cliffhangers it means I have to wait for the next book to final
Vickie
Feb 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wow!!! I don't even know where to start with this book. I wish I could give it more stars. Beguiling, mysterious, funny, dark, deep are just some of the comments I want to leave. I would put it down and be thinking about it so had to pick It up again. I would be guessing about who or what he is (I hate vampire books and was hoping he wasn't one) but thank God I was wrong each time.

All I can say is that am continuing reading this series. Also I would recommend it to everyone just don't let the b
Lisa
Apr 03, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: new-adult
Thank you Goodreads first reads and Kay Camden for advance copy. To be honest it took me a quarter of the way to get into the unusual storyline. I was confused by the lack of detail. I turned the book over more than once to look at the thickness and wasn't getting it. The big P for patience. Wow, then it all started to fall together. I was guessing and assuming too much and being on target. Then the plot took turns and surprises to hold my attention. What a cliffhanger and I am participating to ...more
Helen Weale
Feb 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I was hooked on this book the moment I started reading it. The story was great, different from a lot that I've read. I loved the characters, Liv and Trey. Their relationship was wonderfully written. I liked the dual POV as I loved seeing into Trey's mind and what he was thinking. I read this book in less than 24 hours and can't wait to start the next one.

I have been recommending this to all my friends and would urge you to pick it up. I don't think you will regret it.
Cheri
Jan 06, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Paranormal romance

This is a rather lengthy book with plenty of action and mystery. Hopefully the second book in this series will tie up mysteries surrounding Liv 's past. A unique story.
Stanley
Sep 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Interesting book

Some parts are pretty cryptic but still all in all it’s a good and interesting book, I liked the characters and the plot after I figured out the changes in narration.
Susan Walker
Jan 01, 2015 rated it liked it
This is a bit of a fantasy. About a woman who falls for her captor. I enjoyed the book as it keeps the reader interested. The story takes place in Montana, a place I am familiar with. I would recommend this book.
Debra chrystler
Jan 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Was not what I was expecting but once I adjusted my mindset I had difficulties setting aside for my life! I can't wait to be able to read the next book and ultimately the series.
Rebecca
Jun 21, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Blurb is messed up and covers half the book. Then the ending is a cliffhanger. Shame... It might have had potential otherwise. 2 star
Jan 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
This was such a great book. I can't wait until summer for the next one to come out.
Leeza Robertson
rated it it was ok
Jan 28, 2017
Paul Juricskay
Dec 10, 2014
Subhajit Das
Dec 29, 2017
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
Goodreads Librari...: This topic has been closed to new comments. Can you delete a quote? 5 99 Feb 01, 2016 11:49PM

• Beauty and the Beast (Once Upon a Spell, #1)
  • Country Heaven (Dare River, #1)
  • Reign of Mist (The Oremere Chronicles, #2)
  • Short Erotica - Her Husband's Affair: Erotica Wife (Adult books erotica Book 1)
  • One Hot Night (Caught, #1.5)
  • Nice And Rough
  • Anchorage EMP
  • Moonburner (Moonburner Cycle, #1)
  • Heart of Mist (The Oremere Chronicles, #1)
  • Strawberry
  • The Royal Companion (The Companion, #1)
  • Dianna (The Brittler Sisters #1)
  • Brother's Bride (Santa Fe Girls #1)
  • A Wedding for the Widower (Brush Creek Brides #1)
  • Another Sunrise
  • Dying to Meet You
  • Chase Baker and the Vikings' Secret (Chase Baker #5)
  • The Uncommon Rider (The Exceptional S. Beaufont Book 1)
Kay Camden is equal parts writer, reader, and metalhead, who believes the best stories are love stories and all heroes must have a cool car. She writes twisty plots with smart heroines, haunted heroes, ancient feuds, forbidden love, magic, and revenge. She lives with her husband, two children, and an assortment of four-legged creatures in the middle of the U.S.A. next to the mighty Mississippi Riv ...more

The Alignment (5 books)
  • The Two (The Alignment, #2)
  • The Oak and the Moon (The Alignment, #3)
  • The Catalyst (The Alignment, #4)
  • The Warrior (The Alignment, #5)