Start by marking “Scarred (Caged, #4)” as Want to Read:
Scarred (Caged, #4)

Scarred

(Caged #4)

Amazon bestselling series in contemporary fantasy and paranormal romance

“I loathed myself for wishing a death of that nature on anyone, and even more so because I still wanted it to happen. My moral fiber was unraveling quickly, and I wondered how long my humanity could withstand the unending trial of values my life had become. With every choice I made, I felt it slipping
Published September 23rd 2012

To ask other readers questions about Scarred, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Scarred

Samantha
funny gifs

I just... wow... holy shit. The author can't honestly expect me to just wait until next year to find out what happened!!! I just had my mind blown! This book was an emotional roller-coaster!

Is it March of 2013 yet?!?!?!

**UPDATE:

Seriously, I've just been staring at the computer screen for the past 15 minutes. I'm still trying to process that ending, while trying not to meltdown. Self-published books sometimes make me super nervous when I pick them up, I've had more than a few flops before. Not t
Alexandra G.
why did you do this to me ?

This series has some amazing covers. Yes, I judge a book by its cover sometimes. Sue me.
This one is one of the best. Covers, I mean.
I did not finish this book. I got to 72% and just stopped. I couldn't take it anymore. There are some things that I just can't get over and don't want to forgive.
The first half of the book was good. More than good. The best so far. Ruby and Sean finally get over their shit and start being together, Ruby finally stops being an emotional
Nina
Aug 05, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
I took my time.. I savored every page of it. I felt sad for some of the characters, I felt joy for others. I felt moved!
Throughout the book, as I had to stop for one reason or another, I thought about it.. I wondered about it.. I couldn't get it out of my head and I forced myself to finish my tasks quickly in order to get back to it. By the time I flipped to the last chapter I was so tense I didn't realize I was sitting in the same crooked position until the very last word.. caused a kink on my
Heidi R.
Sep 27, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I cannot believe I almost didn't read the second book in this series...then I HAD to have the third book AND the fourth book....and now I have to wait for the NEXT book which won't be out until next year....

"I stood in the middle of the room, unmoving – I barely breathed. My life had just become surreal, impossible, and one enormous lie. I needed to go, to run somewhere, anywhere to beat back the reality that was rapidly closing in around me. The image of him was burned into my retina, flashin
RuthAnn
Oct 01, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: adulthood, lendable
Pretty fuckin good, Amber. Pretty fuckin good.
Pure Textuality
Sep 24, 2012 rated it it was amazing
With the rapid fire release of Caged, Haunted and Framed (books 1-3 in the Caged series), it feels like the release of Scarred has been a long time coming. I spent the better part of the last few months bugging the crap out of the author for any little tidbit I could get (ARC, Cover Reveal, etc). Then I finally got to read it….

And then I had to keep my damned mouth shut about it!! UGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, not anymore! I am happy to announce that Scarred is officially out!

The first thing I would li
Hope
Sep 23, 2012 rated it it was amazing

Ohhhh. I can't get enough of Ruby and her friends. What an excellent story. I flew through these 4 in just weeks. Couldn't stop. I have the song Gravity on repeat in my head. How can I wait til feb/march to see what happens next? Ugh. You. Are. Mine!!!!!

Later review:
Oh my. I LOVED this series. So much about it. The characters are so real and unreal at the same time. I identified with the main character and her dancing. I loved her life style with her live/work apartment and dance studio. I bec
Amber Mercer
Oct 01, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Each book in this series got progressively better...but this one took the cake. Didnt know whether to love the author for ending it the way she did, leaving me with such a wild and burning antisipation for the next in the series or to hate her for it. Scarred by far was the best in the series and didnt leave you wanton for anything ..until the end that is! I highly recommend this series...love the author and her ability to visually hypnotize you and capture your imagination. Definetly do not pas ...more
Crissy VA
Sep 12, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Amazing book series, and where others sometimes disappoint or drag on, this one has yet to do that! I originally would of never picked up this book series had I known exactly what type of supernatural creature it was about, I avoided those types of books. But I'm so glad I didn't know until I was way into the book, because it is one of my top 5 favorite book series of all time! CAN NOT WAIT UNTIL THE NEXT BOOK!
Emily
Sep 26, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kindle

Wow! This was intense with so many twists that I literally couldn't put it down! There were times that I loved what was happening with the relationships and times that I hated what was happening. The ending left me breathless and dying for more. The writing has improved significantly since the first book too.
Lorna
Amber never fails to squeeze every emotion possible out of us with her Caged series. Wonderful book as always.The ending was crazy and it will be hard to wait until possibly March of 2013 for the next book. Great job Amber!If you haven't read the first 3 books-Caged,Haunted and Framed-you really should-really worth it.
K3
Aug 17, 2012 rated it really liked it
Loved it!. The choices that poor Ruby has to make, has made. She is one tough cookie and very determined. I can't wait to see what happens next- geez, talk about a cliffhanger! Looking forward to the next book!
Juliet Belmont
Oct 01, 2012 rated it did not like it
I started reading this series because of the relationship that was building between Ruby and Sean. By book 4 I was totally disappointed on where the author has taken the relationship between the two characters. Not sure if I will read book 5.
Lindsay
Aug 03, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: adult-fantasy
Another awesome installment, ending leaves you so in anticipating the next book that you cannot hardly wait. The whole situation with it going out like it did, is just brutal.
Lindsay Gimblet
Sep 24, 2012 rated it it was amazing
The best so far, but what a cliffhanger!!! I cannot wait for Fractured!!!
Jessica
Oh. My. Effing. God! What a crazy ride!! What is going to happen to Ruby and Scarlet???? How can it end like that?!?! UGH!
Beth
Jul 30, 2012 rated it it was amazing
so damn good....what an ending!!! Loved it!!!!
Angelic
May 30, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: would-recommend
Don't know what to say, I was not expecting that ending. Can't wait to see how it plays out in the next one.
Carlee
Jun 19, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Oh, Amber.....wow! L-O-V-E-D IT!!!!!!!!!! Can't say I'm happy about where it ended, but I'm still hooked!!! Now if only it was next year already!!!!
Kellie
Sep 30, 2012 rated it it was amazing
LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE. Im so in love with this series, I cant wait for the next book. I read Scarred in less than 48 hour, and will most likely read it again and again.
Shealynn
Sep 27, 2012 rated it it was amazing
So awesome!! I have loved every book in this series thus far. The ending of this one was a killer! Can't wait for the next one ... hurry up March!
Caia
Aug 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
4 books in 3 days I'm definitely enjoying this series way more than I expected after finishing book one which was so so, had potencial but lacked.
Now that I've finished book 4 I'm giving it a 4.5 almost 5 I think. The pace of this series is addictive and compulsive. I can't put the book down until I've finished and the way this one did I need to read the next one fast.
Definitely the story telling has improved and some info lacking in the previous books and the annoying personality of Ruby is ge
Tracy Carroll
Nov 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Fast paced and action packed

This book was definitely fast-paced and action-packed. I definitely was not expecting half of what happened. The ending totally blew my mind and I hope it doesn't stay true. Poor Ruby, she just can't catch a break. Everything seems to be going right and then does a complete 180. Definitely worth reading.
Andrea Stocking
Jan 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wow

I just can't get over how this series flows. I can't put the books down. Seriously one of my new favorites. Any urban fantasy lover will be thrilled with this series and the fast paced storytelling the author delivers.
Erica aguilar/ duarte
Sep 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The best of the series so far

Oh, my...what can I say to describe the intensity of this book nothing. Their are no words , if you love paranormal, romance action, damsel in distress you'll love this series.
Cathy Pontious
Feb 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Amazing

Just finished this one. What a ride. I love it. Definitely a two reader. Along with the series. Now on to book 5.
Happy Reading
Mindy
Sep 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
Paranormal intrigue

I finally decided this series is intrigue. The tension really amps up in this story. There is a cliffhanger of an ending making me want the next book now.
angie beth
Apr 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Another amazing stoey

The characters are great. The story is amazing. I love the series so far. Truly love the growth of Ruby!!!!!
Tracey Milito
May 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Loved it

I love this series. All the ups and downs Ruby faces are crazy. I love all the characters and the story.
Jena Gregoire
Sep 24, 2012 rated it it was amazing
ORIGINALLY POSTED ON PURE TEXTUALITY --> http://puretextuality.com/2012/09/24/...

And then I had to keep my damned mouth shut about it!! UGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, not anymor
  • Impulse (Mageri, #3)
  • Original Sin (Alexandra Jones, #2)
  • The Lost Souls (The Holy Trinity, #2.5)
  • Tempted by Evil (Light and Shadow, #1)
  • Coveted (Gwen Sparks, #3)
  • Fate Succumbs (Timber Wolves Trilogy, #3)
  • Redemption (The Chosen, #4)
  • Immortal Grave (Dark Betrayal Trilogy, #3)
  • Moon-Swell (The Lone March Series, #4)
  • Incendiary (The Premonition, #4)
  • Soul Surrender (Soul Stripper, #3)
  • Love Is Mortal (Valerie Dearborn, #3)
AMBER LYNN NATUSCH is the author of the bestselling Caged series for adults. She was born and raised in Winnipeg, and is still deeply attached to her Canadian roots. She loves to dance and practice Muay Thai―but spends most of her time running a chiropractic practice with her husband, raising two young children, and attempting to write when she can lock herself in the bathroom for ten minutes of p ...more

Caged (7 books)
  • Caged (Caged, #1)
  • Haunted (Caged, #2)
  • Framed (Caged, #3)
  • Fractured (Caged, #5)
  • Strayed (Caged, #6)
  • Betrayed (Caged, #7)
“clarification. I imagined the events that occurred that night had led him to question a lot of things, even things that I'd admitted to already. “Yes.” “Sean and Cooper too, right?” he asked with slight distaste. “Yes,” I replied, feeling it best to leave it at that. “How long have you been this way?” 0 likes
“No matter how far you run. Or where you hide. To the edge of the earth. Till the end of time. Seasons will change. Centuries will pass. But this truth will always remain: I will track you. Hunt you. Find you. You cannot escape me. It'll be your last...? Never. You are mine. You. Are. Mine.” 0 likes