Start by marking “The Malay Archipelago, the land of the orang-utan and the bird of paradise; a narrative of travel, with studies of man and nature - Volume 2” as Want to Read:

This book was converted from its physical edition to the digital format by a community of volunteers. You may find it for free on the web. Purchase of the Kindle edition includes wireless delivery.
Published May 12th 2012 (first published 1869)

Be the first to ask a question about The Malay Archipelago, the land of the orang-utan and the bird of paradise; a narrative of travel, with studies of man and nature - Volume 2

Christian Büttner
Aug 06, 2015 rated it really liked it
Let me first get out of the way why I didn't give this 5 stars. The simple fact is that it was horrendously edited. I realize it was a group of volunteers who transcribed the original so we could have it for free on Kindle and I applaud and appreciate that. But surely, someone could have at least read it through and edited it correctly. If it wasn't for the editing it would certainly have 5 stars.

This is a fascinating book. In every possible way. One might think that it would be a simple travel
Julia  Yeates
Feb 08, 2018 rated it liked it
I have to say this first of all, I appreciate that this book was converted from the written form by a community of volunteers, but it contains so many errors, up to six on each page, that it makes for slow and disjointed reading. I began by correcting it, it's what I do after all, but found that too time-consuming so I stopped, but that didn't prevent me from mentally proofreading every page.

Having said that, I read this because it is on the extra reading list of the course that I am currently t
Robin Pratt
Dec 29, 2016
Katy
May 21, 2016
patrick thompson
rated it did not like it
Feb 18, 2016
Dec 17, 2014
Eleanor J Barnes
Aug 29, 2016
« previous 1 3 next »
Alfred Russel Wallace, OM, FRS was a British naturalist, explorer, geographer, anthropologist and biologist. He is best known for independently proposing a theory of natural selection which prompted Charles Darwin to publish his own theory.

Wallace did extensive fieldwork, first in the Amazon River basin and then in the Malay Archipelago, where he identified the Wallace Line that divides Indonesia