Start by marking “The Healing (The Things We Can't Change, #3)” as Want to Read:
The Healing (The Things We Can't Change, #3)

The Healing

(The Things We Can't Change #3)

Devastated by the loss of her father, Evie is floundering, drowning, and reaching out desperately for a lifeline – and finding absolutely nothing to cling to.

Still unable to come to terms with the death of his sister, Zeke is going on mindlessly, with no thought of tomorrow, only living in the now and trying furiously to bury and deny his emotions.

Two people who have b
Published January 29th 2014 by KushBooks (first published September 24th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about The Healing, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Healing

CasPerfitz~SLiTsReaD
May 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing
And just when I was wondering if Evie will ever get the help she so badly need and if Zeke will finally come to terms with his sister's death, then comes this book "Healing".

I had, at first, serious doubts how they would be able to help each other, but Ms. Kush made it possible in this book, beautifully writing each intricate mindsets and emotions of both Zeke and Evie.

I know this would just be their first huge step and I'm guessing they would still have a long way to go, but what a relief that
Malene
Sep 25, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ebooks-read
And she does it again!
I love how the book is devided into several parts and revealed bit by bit, just like Zeke and Evie moving on step by step.
Part three is about them dealing with their past and learning to accept the fact that there ARE these things that we simply just can't change.
They finally come around to learning that for some reason, they need each other and without even realising at first - they create a bond, they at first tried to avoid, but which ends up saving them at the end.
Th
Zane Alksne
Mar 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
I just hate that this book is chopped up in small sequels. I did enjoy their healing trip. It never is easy to know the faults and problems and fix them. In the end it is never easy to do it by yourself. And you can be okay once you decide you will be. It is a fight and a lengthy one at that. And this part portrays it good, because it usually is not just one relapse until you are good enough to stop.
Jasmin
Dec 06, 2017 rated it liked it
It would have been 4 stars, but the author chose to use "pussy" as an insult at least three times, so it's hurting me to even give it 3 stars.
Tami
Aug 30, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Into the Night Reviews
Web: http://intothenightbookreviews.blogsp...
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/IntoTheNightR...
for great book reviews, new release updates, giveaways and more!!

I am in love with this series. There is something about the characters that grab me and take me straight back into the detail of the story every time I read. I haven't decided who is my favorite: Evie is fragile, vulnerable, almost to the point of being needy, but there is something about her that intrigues me,
Trinity
Wow, this book was great! Definitely a great add to the series! I have enjoyed this series from book one and I am still enjoying it. I am loving this series more and more by every book I read. Not a lot of people have heard about this book but I am glad I found it because I have absolutely loved them.

- Evie
Evie is getting better and better by every book that comes. She is stronger, and much more better. She is still relying on Zeke way too much in my opinion, she has to learn how to take care
Jennifer Treviño
This Book ... scratch that ... This Series is so INTENSE! Each section of this series has me more in love than the last! I have said this repeatedly & I shall continue ... I believe every teen & woman should read this series! It is a powerful roller coaster of emotions, but it is truly intense & so worth the ride! I can honestly say this has been one of the few series that has brought me to tears & I will still re-read it again & again. While it does deal with very important ...more
Kate
Feb 12, 2014 rated it really liked it
this longer book of the series is where it all really came together for me. i really enjoyed following their story and loved how there was no insta-love it was just two people connected by a series of events that didnt want anything to do with each other really.

they pushed and challenged each other and healed together.

i enjoyed this much more than the first and all though when i look back on it nothing really happened in the book, it didnt feel dragged out or anything. the whole healing process
MsLucyYC
Sep 26, 2013 rated it liked it
Book # 115 for 2014

I actually read this a while back, I couldn't keep reading this all the way through though. Zeke and Evie's story hurts my heart so I have to take really long breaks.

Zeke and Evie finally try to recover from their struggles - they have a shitload of those by the way.

This part in the story was great because they needed to break free from their old ways and teach themselves to forgive other people and their own shortcomings.

Their story's still not finished but the ending of this
Merrisa
Oct 10, 2013 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this series. I wasn't expecting to like it so much, given the high school age of the characters. But it was very engrossing and real. While I did get frustrated with Evie and Zeke at times, I kept reminding myself their circumstances are, thankfully, something I've never had to live through. As I neared the end of book 3 I was wondering how it would all tie up. And while the ending does put a little ribbon around things, it looks like it won't be tied into a neat bow until book ...more
Vicky
Aug 25, 2015 rated it really liked it
Oh man what is there to say? What I love is how two different people from two different world both struggling to move on and yet be there for one another. This was one of those books I had to put the other books I'm currently reading on hold for a bit to see what happens next. I can't wait to see what else happens next.
Aug 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Loved it

Loved it

after book three I finally feel like we are getting somewhere in their love story! don't get me wrong it's been a great build up with the last two books and I loved all 3 so far. but I feel like the next one will be even better
Samantha  W
Sep 23, 2013 rated it really liked it
Still love the story but I had trouble getting through to the end. Not sure where else it can go for a fourth book. Just have to wait and see I guess.
mejmi
Oct 23, 2013
Kai Xin See
Oct 30, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• The White Door (The Visitor's Series, #3)
  • Broken Road
  • Hostile (The After Light Saga, #4)
  • Forever Blue (Ruby Blue #4)
  • Origins and Impulse (The Arcadia Falls Chronicles #7)
  • Sexiest Dad Alive (Knight Fashion #3)
  • When Night Falls (Regeneration, #1)
  • Love, Tink Collection (Love, Tink #1-6)
  • The Withering Palace (A Dark Faerie Tale #0.1)
  • Wolf Dream (Wolf, #2)
  • Initiation (Chronicles of the Uprising #0.5)
  • Ascension (Gryphon #4)
  • Uprising (Bonfire Chronicles #2)
  • The Only One (End of Days, #3)
  • Color Blind (Team Red, #2)
  • From Origins (Descendant Prophecies, #3)
  • Broken Wide Open
Welcome :]

Third person feels.... impersonal, so lezz just keep it real ;]

My name is Kassandra, one of the few rare gems who spell the name with a K. I like to read, write, and lay in the sun. Since I live in sunny Florida, I'm usually doing all three at once. I dream of returning to my hometown, Columbus, Ohio, but in the meantime I make do with placing most of my stories there. I come from a huge

The Things We Can't Change (5 books)
  • The Prologue (The Things We Can't Change, #1)
  • The Struggle (The Things We Can't Change, #2)
  • The Love Story (The Things We Can't Change, #4)
  • The Epilogue (The Things We Can't Change, #5)