Start by marking “Kampf (Star Trek: Typhon Pact)” as Want to Read:
Kampf (Star Trek: Typhon Pact)

Kampf

(Star Trek: Typhon Pact #5)

Ein Kurzroman aus der Typhon-Pact-Saga!

Die Enterprise-E befindet sich auf diplomatischer Mission zur Talarischen Republik. Diese wiedersetzt sich den Bemühungen der Föderation als Letzter, das Khitomer-Abkommen wegen des Hervortretens des Typhon-Paktes zu erweitern. Als Folge der kürzlichen Abspaltung von Andor ist die Föderation mehr denn je damit beschäftigt, ihre Allian
Published October 25th 2013 by Cross Cult (first published October 4th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Kampf, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Kampf

Start your review of Kampf (Star Trek: Typhon Pact)
Nis
Sep 27, 2015 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
It felt a bit weird to put two story lines in such a short novel. It made both of them feel rushed and compacted.
Timothy
For anyone who is reading the typhon pact this is a must read. ebook form only.
Crystal Bensley
Jul 22, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great TNG short story about two uprisings on planets.
Maurice Jr.
An enjoyable, but short read. I've been wanting to know more about the Kinshaya since the Typhon Pact formed and I saw them in action against the Klingons, and now I got my wish.

There were two stories in these 80 pages.

Captain Picard was assigned to negotiate with the Talarians about possibly signing on to the Khitomer Accords, a task made pleasurable by a reunion with Jono (last seen in the tv episode Almost Human). His father Endar is the Talarian ambassador to the Federation, and Jono is h
C.T. Phipps
Jan 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: star-trek
Warning: Strange digression into RL politics ahead.

I've always been fascinated with modern Arab cultures' struggle with the West. Not necessarily in terms of geopolitics but the sheer lack of ability to find common ground more often than not. During the Cold War, the Middle East was lumped in with the rest of the Third World less because it wasn't involved in the struggle between NATO and the Warsaw Pact nations than its members didn't want to ally with either.

Former Libyan dictator Muammar G
Scott Williams
Dec 30, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is only the third e-book I’ve ever read and I still don’t love it. I miss the texture of the paper on my fingers and I will miss having this on my bookshelf with my Trek collection.

I must thank Jim at http://www.shastrix.com/books/star-tr... for helping me to know what order to read these books in. I really miss the days of numbered Trek novels!

I enjoyed this novella. It was the perfect length for the story Bennett wanted to tell. Including characters from “Suddenly Human” was a nice touch
Danny
Mar 07, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another I don't I'd read of the Typhon Pact, this one an E-novella with 2 main stories: our first in depth visit with the Kinshaya, first created in early 80s trek novels and they're pretty damn impressive, and exploring Talarian society, the ones from "Suddenly Human" as they become a potential expanded Kithomer Accord power. each society going through an upheaval, with Crusher and Jono captured by women staging an uprising while T'Ryssa and Jasminder infiltrate Romulan Reunificationists on a p ...more
Angela
Feb 25, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: star-trek-tng
The Enterprise is sent to help a planet join a peace treaty. Jono is one of the ambassadors.

This is a fun, but short story about how the Typhon pact are manipulating events behind the scenes. It has an interesting take on female rights, and how different their culture is to the so called norm.

A good read.
Benjamin Geweke
Mar 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book managed to put 2 stories inside a novella. And then it complicated it by choosing an alien suffragette movement for the first story and a Ghandi inspired story for the B plot.

Considering the reduced page count for each story it spins a really good story. But I would love to have read both stories in full paperback size.

Great but shortest short stories, 4.5 stars.
Anne
Feb 02, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a good story. I did not know it was a novella. I would have liked for it to be longer.
Takiyah Dudley
Aug 23, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ebook
Short & sweet. A nice break from the last ones intensity. ...more
Preston Pendergraft
Nov 13, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: star-trek
An outstanding yet short novella.
Jamie
Dec 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
You know I think my favourite character from the next generation relaunch novels is T`ryssa Chen ...more
Ben
Aug 26, 2019 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
this reads like bad fanfic.
M
Apr 07, 2020 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Snoozefest
Geoff Canham
May 31, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Star Trek as it was meant to be

Gene Roddenberry used his Star Trek TV series to put across many worthwhile lessons, and this novella follows that grand tradition.
Nicolas
Aug 20, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: star-trek
This was fine, but utterly skippable.
Stefan
Apr 26, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Star Trek Typhon Pact: The Struggle Within by Christopher L. Bennett, is a good addition to the series with an important underlying moral issue, a good plot-idea but way too short to really exploit the real potential this story could have in a novel, but it also descripts the identity of the Holy Order of the Kinshaya in wider term with interesting parallels to sacred governmental bodies like we have nowadays on earth and the peaceful revolution of the people that occur under such brute politica ...more
Barry
Jan 04, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This eNovella is a short and sweet dip into the Enterprise crew's diplomatic visit to the Talarian Republic - a species first seen in the episode 'Suddenly Human' - and an undercover operation to a Kinshaya planet.

Whilst very short, and some have criticised it for that, the story is a good one and it feels like an episode of Trek in it's execution. The author, Christopher L. Bennett ties things together nicely although the B-story, for me, was more compelling.

The A-story tells how Jono, the char
Geoffrey
As with the other books in the Typhon Pact series, this book did a good job at fleshing out alien races which previously were little more than names. The main thrust of the book is non-violence and how it can change entire societies for the better. It's well written and entertaining.

But, the book is extremely short - not even 1400 locations - and finished in an evening during commercial breaks. The set-up was good and two interesting problems in two different societies were constructed and then
Lynn Alan Heath
Dec 05, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: star-trek
The book gives a glimpes at the intrigue that is going on between the Federation and her allies as an attempt is made to negogiate an expansion of the Khitomer Peace Accords and the Typhon Pact which is beginning to lean to a more moderate stance. Yet, the Tzenkethi Coalition have a special agent on Talar to undermine the Federation's efforts. Meanwhile, Jasminder Choudhury at the behest of Starfleet Intelligence has gone undercover as a Romulan Unificationist. She has taken with her T'Ressa (a ...more
Ross Vincent
Mar 22, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: e-books-read
An e-novella in the ongoing Typhon Pact series. This latest entry in the series examines the influence Crusher, Choudhury, and Chen have when dealing with an uprising among two key races in galactic politics- Talarians and the Holy Order of the Kinshaya. One could be a valued ally in the growing Cold War with the Typhon Pact, the other, a member of said Pact who’s extremists views could be swayed to a more moderate view. Can the two teams succeed in their missions?

This was a quick little read-
Michael Bergquist
I was hoping this novella would be as good as the other in the Typhon Pact series... but it was just awful. The storyline had a good concept and a good deal of potential, I'll grant it that. But, only doing a novella did a huge disservice to it. A significant amount of detail was left out, the execution of actions came about entirely too fast, situations were resolved too suddenly...... it was like a 2 hour movie was edited to fit into a 30 minute time slot. It's a quick read, but, I think it ca ...more
Brendan Waite
Two interesting stories that deserved to be fleshed out more.
If this, I guess, tag-entry to the Typhon Pact series was only ever going to be as short as it is (as an aside, why? It is an e-book, length should be less a factor than a paper book) then concentrating and fleshing out one of the stories would have been the better option.
Both stories, as I mentioned have a good premise, but everything seems to flow too quickly and perfunctorily and gets wrapped up with a nice neat bow at the end.
Furby
May 28, 2015 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Skip this one.

In this very short novel, the threats seemed simplistic and so did the solutions. Characters were recognisable but not particularly developed. The author deserves praise for trying to allude to the Arab Spring (rather than the Cold War analogies we are all used to in Star Trek) but if you're going to debate Gandhism in your book it needs more detail than this.

I haven't read any novels by Bennett before, but this one felt rushed. The good news is it doesn't have any immediately obvi
Nathan
Nov 07, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
While understanding that this was a short story rather than a full-length novel, I still felt like a lot of this story was more rushed than I would have liked it to be. I was really glad to finally get a look at this member-race of the Pact that we've never gotten to experience before, and not just alone, but in context with humans and other Pact races.
I also enjoyed the themes threshed out in the Talarian storyline.

Overall though, my only regret is that it had to be so short.
Daryl
Apr 08, 2012 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I felt this ebook was not worth the money. At the price it is, it should be at least double the length, slightly shorter than a full-length novel. As a short read of 80 pages, it should be well under $5. Other than that, it is well-written but found I did not become engaged with the characters; I found them flat. Buy with caution!
Horst Gutmann
Good story but too short for its price. The story is quite comparable to what you'd get from a single TV episode which would be absolutely fine if it weren't set at only a couple of cents below the price of a full novel.

And I don't really get why Worf is on the cover since, besides Beverly, the main protagonists are Jasminder and T'Ryssa.
John
Oct 06, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Too short to be called a novel, but a fairly compelling little TNG story nonetheless. Centers around two separate political conflicts, both of which are resolved using peaceful resistance. Gandhi would love this one :-)
Michael
Oct 25, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A very good sequel of the Typhon pact , but it is really a very short ebook. The price for this ebook should be reduced to 50%. When you liked the Typhon pact serie then you are going to like this ebook.
Star Trek Reads: Struggle Within 2 23 Jul 28, 2013 05:03PM
Goodreads Librari...: The Fix Within 3 29 Feb 16, 2012 10:25AM

• Indistinguishable from Magic (Star Trek: The Next Generation)
  • A Singular Destiny (Star Trek)
  • The Stuff of Dreams (Star Trek: The Next Generation)
  • The Last Best Hope (Star Trek: Picard #1)
  • Gods of Night (Star Trek: Destiny #1)
  • Mere Mortals (Star Trek: Destiny #2)
  • Fallen Gods (Star Trek: Titan, #7)
  • The Persistence of Memory (Star Trek TNG: Cold Equations, #1)
  • Children of the Storm (Star Trek: Voyager)
  • Lost Souls (Star Trek: Destiny, #3)
  • Lust's Latinum Lost (And Found) (Star Trek: Deep Space Nine)
  • Q are Cordially Uninvited...
  • Disavowed (Star Trek: Section 31)
  • Losing the Peace (Star Trek: The Next Generation)
  • The Eternal Tide (Star Trek: Voyager)
  • Armageddon's Arrow (Star Trek: The Next Generation)
  • Typhon Pact: The Khitomer Accords Saga: Plagues of Night, Raise the Dawn, and Brinkmanship
  • Synthesis (Star Trek: Titan, #6)
Christopher L. Bennett is a lifelong resident of Cincinnati, Ohio, with a B.S. in Physics and a B.A. in History from the University of Cincinnati. A fan of science and science fiction since age five, he has spent the past two decades selling original short fiction to magazines such as Analog Science Fiction and Fact (home of his "Hub" series of comedy adventures), BuzzyMag, and Galaxy's Edge. Sinc ...more

Star Trek: Typhon Pact (1 - 10 of 14 books)
  • A Singular Destiny (Star Trek)
  • Zero Sum Game (Star Trek: Typhon Pact, #1)
  • Seize the Fire (Star Trek: Typhon Pact, #2)
  • Rough Beasts of Empire (Star Trek: Typhon Pact, #3)
  • Paths of Disharmony (Star Trek: Typhon Pact, #4)
  • Plagues of Night (Star Trek: Typhon Pact, #6)
  • Raise the Dawn (Star Trek: Typhon Pact, #7)
  • Brinkmanship (Star Trek: Typhon Pact, #8)
  • Revelation and Dust (Star Trek: The Fall)
  • The Crimson Shadow (Star Trek: The Fall)

News & Interviews