Start by marking “Where You Lead” as Want to Read:
Where You Lead

Where You Lead

ATF agent Peter Lomax isn’t a hearts and flowers kind of guy, but he can be possessive, and it caused problems until Carver Fleming. Carver may be part of the art world, but he gets Peter, loves belonging to the man, and Peter treasures the way Carver understands them together.

Carver loves Peter, but he's fully aware that six months doth not a commitment make. Carver wants
Published December 25th 2013 by Dreamspinner Press (first published December 24th 2013)

~✡~Dαni(ela) ♥ ♂♂ love & semi-colons~✡~
3.5

Drowning in sweetness...and firearms. This is typical Calmes fare with the sexy cop who doesn't realize how hot or worthy of love he is until he meets that ONE special guy. Family, friends, Christmas, perfection all around; there was nothing new here, but the lightness, steamy bits, and humor won me over.
Emma Sea
Nov 22, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: xmas, short-story
I'm cold and I need a peacoat. Mary where is my peacoat??

Ah, my eggnog read for Boxing Day!
Susan
Dec 25, 2013 rated it really liked it

Merry Christmas to ME!!!!!

Thank you Queen O’ Fluff for this delightful Holiday read. I lurved it!

This is MC at her finest…and it reminded me a bit of one of my other faves of hers, “Frog”. Pete in this story is a lot like Weber Yates in Frog. He’s big, strong, hot, kind, caring, and everyone loves him. But he loves everyone. And he loves Carver the most. And this love is…BEAUTIFUL. So, when Carver’s family falls on some hard times and he’s needed back home, Pete is the rock that he can rely on…t
Gigi
Todd started it so I'm jumping on his "Best Christmas Book" bandwagon.

Where You Lead is everything. It's standalone Mary Calmes and promises to delight. It's on my absolute favorites shelf and I've re-read it every Christmas since 2013.

Come and sit on Todd's bandwagon with me and update YOUR favorite Christmas book review! Let's spread some warm/fuzzy cheer. :)

P.S. Todd, this one has PUPPIES!!!

Carver sprinted for the porch, the dogs remaining behind with me because I had dropped to one knee and
BWT (Belen)
Aug 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Fluff lovers
Belens Audio Book Review

Greg Tremblay knocks it out of the park again!

fangirling

There's just something about Mary Calmes' writing. This author manages to bring funny, sweet, heat and feels all together so brilliantly every time, and this time is no different. Considering how short this short novella is - it's amazing just how much is packed into it. It's got humor, hot sex, deep emotions, more humor and more hot sex. It's a fantastic time - BUY IT!

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!

Easter Egg for us nerds: For those of us who loved All Kind
SheReadsALot

Ahh!! The power of Mary Calmes! Christmas style!

Actually this was not a heavy jingle bells-coming-out-your-arse short story which for a reader who does not crave copious amounts of Christmas sugar cubes in her stories, it was great. With this author, I like knowing what types of lead characters I will get. I know I'm going to get a possessive alpha-type, a man who loves him and some hot man loving. This book delivered that. Yes it could be considered insta-love, but the story really starts after
☆ Todd
Dec 25, 2016 rated it liked it

Well, this one started out okay for me, with the first meeting, fooling around in the alley and getting to know a bit more about the MC's, but then took on an entirely different, much more serious tone.

When they arrived in Mayberry (not the real name, but you get what I mean) from Chicago, I pretty much lost interest entirely.

It hit a bit too close to home for me, with all of the Southern folk up in everyone's business, jealousy and pettiness from several decades ago in high school still being
* A Reader Obsessed *
4 Stars!

Note to readers - this is a small tangent from Calmes’s Marshals series, featuring the work partner of Elliot Dorsey, younger brother of Jack Dorsey, who works with Miro and Ian. Confused? Don’t be. Just thought I’d throw that out there for background info because I was tickled pink to realize the connection, no matter how small and insignificant.

Anyways… what I appreciate about this is that I know we're gonna get a relationship where both players are 110% all in. It’s possessive and cl
Karla
Dec 29, 2013 rated it really liked it
Recommended to Karla by: Susan's review

4 Heartwarming Stars!! Funny, touching, and oh so sweet! Lots of story in this beautiful short!

In a nutshell...this is about making a sacrifice for the one you love, so they can care for the ones they love...and that my friends is what true love is all about! My face might crack, because I can't stop smiling! Simply charming!
Denise H.
Mary Calmes is an excellent writer ! Her characters will have you engaged right away.
*** What a delightful enthralling read. ***

Yes, I agree with Gigi, it's a beautiful Christmas story !

This is witty, sharp, funny, serious and adorable. A gruff Special Agent for the ATF meets his match with a sassy artist. Told in first person by Pete, gruff but lovable, we see everything that happens and we know Carver's thoughts as well. Carver's family is magnificent. A beautiful story of true devotion and
Jenni Lea
Nov 22, 2013 rated it it was amazing

What is it about a Mary Calmes book that makes me just so... happy? Whenever I hear a new book is coming out I get giddy and when I finally get to read it I do so with glee. Her writing speaks to me. From the quick back and forth to the steamy love scenes, her books call to me. Seriously, the woman could write the damn phone book and I would be jumping to read it.

This book was no different. The juvenile banter between Elliott and Pete had me in stitches. It certainly brought out my inner 12 year
Sara
This was so damn sweet!

I loved Pete and Carver.
I loved Carver's parents and the decision that had to be made and how they got there.
This was a totally sugary, Christmas fest and it was perfect!
Elizabetta

‘Un coup de foudre’ -- literally, the French expression means a ‘thunderbolt’ and figuratively, what happens when you meet ‘the one’. Peter Lomax and Carver Fleming meet at a friend’s house party, and it’s pretty much love at first sight.

Six months later they’re living together and have a decision to make that will effect their lives in a huge way.

I loved this. Mary Calmes seems to write just for me sometimes, when I want to luxuriate in sexy, gaga-for-each-other characters, and here, she someh
Melissa
Ha, this was so much better than I thought it would be. 😁 MC has a definite style and I have to take her in small doses. I don't know if she was having a chill writing day or because it was so short she wasn't able to pack in her usual obsessions, but whatever it was I liked it. I do recommend this Christmas shortie.
Annery
Reread December 2018
My review stands. In fact I think I may love it even more. I think this was my first Mary Calmes and definitely my first Greg Tremblay. It was one of my better choices.

If you're feeling jaded or embittered this will set you right, put you in the spirit of Christmas in a non-saccharine way. Yes, Pete & Carver are pretty much all over each other from the get-go of their relationship, but they're also grown-ups who've lived enough and recognize a good/true thing when they se
Mandy*reads obsessively*
3.5*

Honestly, the blurb had me passing this one by. It didn't sound like something I'd want to read, but a few friends read it and alleviated my fears. ( mostly the possessiveness that was alluded to and had me thinking controlling stalker.)
So, the blurb doesn't fit the story IMHO but that's ok.
Pete and Carver see each other and it's the beginning of a love affair.
I had to force myself throughout the first few pages, the dialogue was a bit ridiculous and didn't seem to match the Pete I saw l
Amy
Nov 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: holiday-reads, lgbtq
Add this to my shelf of favorite holiday reads! I absolutely loved Pete and Carver!! They were so sweet together. And Pete and his partner Elliott were hilarious. 5 stars!!
Jilrene
very sweet established couple story
Elsbeth

description - Narrator: Greg Tremblay

This audio had me smiling the whole time!! It was so damnnn sweet!!! Now I just wanna read X-mas stories!!! Can I???

description

Carver and Pete are in love but Carver needs to move home to help his family. His mother has had a stroke so his father needs help to take care of her!!
Peter is an ATF agent and has this big career going in Chicago. Will he follow his love of his life to the small town "Mayberry" Colt in Kentucky and leave his work partner and friends behind?

I had though
V
Nov 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: christmas
Mary Calmes fluffy stories are the best. If you love sweet, tender funny Christmas stories with very hot steamy sex scenes, then, this is for you!
Karen
A bit more of the short and sweet...

I loved this story when I read it back in 2014...
2014 Review: Where You Lead

and if anything I became even more enchanted with this one as I listened to the audio rendition which was so perfectly captured once again by Greg Tremblay.

Seriously Mary Calmes + Greg Tremblay = AUDIO BLISS!!!

Peace out, folks. I'm on to my next book.
Pjm12
Mary Calmes doesn't give us a lot of backstory. She throws us into a relationship 6 months in and hits us (and the narrator, Pete, one of the people in this relationship) with some very sad and difficult news.

Pete has decisions to make. I loved Carver as much as Pete, I'm sure, so really in the end, the choice is not hard to make at all.

Gorgeous, sexy xmas story.

Xmas story #24.
Jennifer☠Pher☠
Mar 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: lgbtq, m-m
Can I be in love with a book? I think I am in love with this one. Fucking perfect.

Read.
Leaundra
Nov 30, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Loved this, just like I did the first time I read it in 2013. I loved both Peter and Carver. It was short and sweet.
Bev
Nov 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely LOVED this one. Carver and Pete were wonderful, their friends Elliott and Felicia...all the banter between them was so funny, and of course even though the purpose of their Xmas visit to Carver's parents Kay & Howard was serious, they joined in the fun too although Kay was still recovering from a stroke, and unfortunately also had symptoms of the early onset of Alzheimer's.

Warm puddle of goo at the end, for me this was EVERYTHING a little Xmas novella should be. Hot sex, lots of
Karl
Nov 22, 2013 rated it really liked it
3.75 stars. I liked this novella but be forewarned my reviews are not unbiased as I have a thing for Mary Calmes' stories. Not easy to explain but there it is. I can understand other readers' critical views as the points raised are certainly valid. But she can write as many variations as she likes involving her Jory and Sam's, and Stefan and Rand's, and I'll probably read them all.
Anke
Dec 05, 2013 rated it it was ok
More like 2.5 stars
And to think that I even pre-ordered it! What a let down. It was a nice enough read, after getting through the first chapter. I couldn't really relate to any of the MCs, I think the ones I liked the most were the parents. But overall this was a rather mundane read.
Catherine
*** 3.75 Stars ***

This was a floofy ball of xmas sweetness.
Michelle (Sherbet Lemon)
3.25 / 5

I'm starting to realize that perhaps Mary Calmes (when she's not co-authoring books) is just not for me. I mean I never end up hating them and often they do end up warming my shriveled little heart, but they also don't release fireworks, shooting stars or even sustained cozy fires. I just read them, like them while reading them and soon after forget about them.

I did like the two main characters and their relationship and didn't mind the small town / family either, but this book just did
Susan
Such a lovely, heartwarming Christmas story about Pete and Carver, who have been in a relationship for the past 6 months.

Carver is moving to his home town to help his mom. He wants Pete to move with him, but Pete isn’t sure.

This was super sweet, no angst whatsoever. Very nice to get into the holiday spirit.

description
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
Dreamspinner Press: Where You Lead by Mary Calmes 1 12 Dec 25, 2013 07:36PM

• Feathers From the Sky
  • In Another Life (Heartwarming)
  • Gaudete
  • A Prairie Dog's Love Song
  • The Family We're Born With (Finding Family, #1)
  • Turkey in the Snow
  • Grumble Monkey and the Department Store Elf
  • The Trouble With Elves
  • Rebound (Heartwarming)
  • Merry Gentlemen
  • Holiday Roommates
  • Christmas Delights
  • Gingerbread Palace (Delectable #4)
  • Lost and Found
  • The Working Elf Blues
  • Alaska (2013 Advent Calendar - Heartwarming)
  • Sweet and Sour
  • A Lion in Tails (2013 Advent Calendar - Heartwarming)
Mary Calmes believes in romance, happily ever afters, and the faith it takes for her characters to get there. She bleeds coffee, thinks chocolate should be its own food group, and currently lives in Kentucky with a five-pound furry ninja that protects her from baby birds, spiders and the neighbor’s dogs. To stay up to date on her ponderings and pandemonium (as well as the adventures of the ninja) ...more