Start by marking “How I Met Your Father” as Want to Read:
How I Met Your Father

Read Excerpt* *Different edition

How I Met Your Father

The man of your dreams could be sitting right next to you.

Former boy band member Justin Hayes isn’t looking for a man. He just wants a quiet, scandal-free Christmas at home in Chicago, out of the public eye. But his best friend and bandmate is subjecting everyone to his destination wedding, and Justin can’t dodge the “best man” bullet. All he has to do is get to the isla
88 pages
Published November 24th 2013 by Riptide Publishing

To ask other readers questions about How I Met Your Father, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about How I Met Your Father

Shile
Audio - 4.5 stars
Story- 3 stars

This one had so much potential, i wish it was a full novel.

I will be reading more books by this author, She has a good sense of humor.
Susan
Nov 12, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition

AUDIOBOOK REVIEW
December 9, 2015
4 stars

Nick J. Russo does it again...brings a so so story and elevates it to something really enjoyable and memorable. The comedic notes were hit perfectly, in fact. I think LB Gregg's writing really lends itself to being so entertaining in audiobook format. I've noticed I've enjoyed all of her stories in audio to date!

Definitely recommended listening.

*******************

ORIGINAL REVIEW
November 13, 2013
3 stars

I am a fan of LB Gregg. I think she’s hilarious. (I lov
Heather K (dentist in my spare time)
**3.75 stars**

This book was adorable! It is like a hot, hilarious, little pick-me-up. If you are like me and you like really funny, light books, then you will dig this story.

This was my first read by L.B. Gregg and I started another book by her as soon as I finished this one. I loved her style from the get go. The scenes in the airplane/airport are everything- sexy, funny, awkward perfection. And the story after that stays good but not quite at that same level.

I think the author needed another
Shin Mon Thway
I think this story has so much potential. First of all, how fun is that title? 😱 It really grabs you by the balls, doesn’t it? 😂 And I think Nick J. Russo did such a great job narrating this story, it really was a fun, short, entertaining listen. 👏 The opening was really fun, how Justin Hayes, former band member of teenage heartthrob hooked up with Jack the hunky older man at the airport over a tumultuous air turbulence. 😁 Both men has no idea who the other man is and thoroughly enjoyed their s ...more
Ula'ndi Hart
Re-read - Still find it adorable

Overall book rating: 4 (22 January 2017 First Read)
Audio book: Narrator - Nick J Russo: 4
Book cover 3.8 stars

I WANTED MORE!

I SO ENJOYED THIS! It was hysterically funny at times. Between "death-by-air-farts" having a fetish for "airport-talk" and finding out who exactly the hot silver fox was who pushed you up against the bathroom wall I just had a ball!

I LOVED Jack. Especially in the first half of the book. He just takes the lead and I have such a thing for Alph
*J* Too Many Books Too Little Time
3.5 Stars!

This was a super quick read, but very funny.

Justin Hayes, deeply in the closet, former boy band member is headed to his bandmates wedding. When the plane experiences some turbulence Justin is comforted by his seat-mate Jack, the much older, very handsome Jack.

Justin is used to keeping his private life private and is freaked out by Jack's abruptness. So when the plane lands Justin darts for safety. And by safety I mean a quick whack job in the airport family bathroom with Jack!

Sadly
Mark
Nov 22, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
From "How I Met Your Father" to How's Your Father? is only one small step. Grammatically speaking a harmless open question. Idiomatically speaking? Well, you might want to answer it carefully. Justin finds this out the hard way, but all's well that ends well.

Justin is a member of an aging boy band and on his way to his friend's wedding on a Carribean Island. The turbulence on the way makes him nervous and there is an immediate connection to the passenger sat next to him. The connection is so str
Feb 13, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

BOY BAND!? Did someone say boy band? Haha…The addictive harmony and in-sync dance numbers of boy bands have been a weakness of mine from way, way back. Let’s just say I spent a big chunk of my life jumping up & down, singing, and shrieking. Sooo…L.B. Gregg’s How I Met Your Father was an instant hit with me. :)

Justin Hayes, a former boy band wonder, is on the way to his best friend’s wedding when the plane ride turns bumpy, scary and intimate. A shared moment soon turns to all kinds of hotne
Macky
Nov 17, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.75*

A little bit ' busy' at times but still enjoyable. Loved the beginning and the bathroom scene and had a nice warm fuzzy moment with the epilogue. Not too long but not a ' blink and you'll miss' it length either so I guess you'd say short(ish), sweet and satisfying. Liked it!
Heller
2.75

I don't want to say zany but this was a bit crazy. A bit of slower pace and getting to know the MC's better would have suited me more. This was a bit frantic but fun.
Lauraadriana
This story was so funny. I mean HILARIOUS. I could not stop laughing. I don't even know what it was, it just hit my funny bone. Just from the title I was expecting comedy, something a little edgy, a little silly, a little gross, but hilarious nonetheless. The kind of story that is more about getting the laugh, than about taking itself too seriously...Campy, and it TOTALLY was that. I loved the humor, and in the process really got to like the characters.

Justin Hayes is on a plane to Miami, on his
Karl
Oct 21, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
4.5 stars rounded up. I'm a sucker for holiday books. We're approaching my favorite time of year when people and places are starting to get festive and cheery. Everyone's a little nicer too. As a result, maybe I approach holiday-themed stories a little differently as they are generally supposed to be very sweet, happily ever after and uplifting to the spirit. Maybe I'm in a more giving mood. But this novella really delivered but not in a trite, been-there-done-that way. I usually don't like stor ...more
Alisa
"Those were five words I wouldn't string together in this lifetime: Sorry I had your dad."

What a fun read this was. Justin is on his way to his best friend's wedding when he meets a sexy older man on the plane. Things happen. Dirty things. Then he gets to the wedding and finds out he did dirty things with the brides dad. Oopsie! This book was written well and I enjoyed every minute of it. It was sweet and funny and sexy. I laughed out loud more than once. (Justin's friends are the biggest bunch
Johanna
Nov 16, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: m-m, romance, favorites, ebook
What a delightful, feel-good story! It was funny, romantic, smart and sensual. It left me with a wonderful laid-back, happy feeling that tells me it'll be a wonderful re-read — one of those favorite stories I keep in mind for emergencies and for the times I really want to pamper myself.

How I Met Your Father is like sweet sea breeze on your warm skin, the white sand under your bare feet and the dazzling turquoise horizon. Reading it felt like watching the orange sun dropping slowly into the ocean
Liz (Bugetta)
1/17/19 Still love it. 😊

Re-read 12/13/15 Just as great as I remembered! Definitely a favorite!

I loved this story. It was so funny. I loved the banter between Justin (closeted former boy band member - band name rhythm method. hehe) and his band mates and the romance was very sweet. I'm not usually a fan of May/December romances but this one worked because even though there was a significant age difference Justin never seemed immature (well not with Jack, just with his band mates. :-)). A sweet, f
BWT (Belen)
Belens Audio Book Review

Nick J. Russo is quickly becoming an auto-buy narrator for me. I love his character voices, his tempo, inflections...he just rarely goes amiss for me and this time is no exception.

It doesn't hurt that I also like the story; it's quick, fun and hot with some really good humor sprinkled throughout. Which anyone knows is my crack.

Recommended!
MostlyDelores
Nov 06, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: m-m-romance, funny
Really liked it. As other reviewers have said, it seemed just a little frantic, as if a longer book was squirming from the tight fit of not enough pages, but very enjoyable nonetheless.

The four friends, former members of the boy band Rhythm Method (ha!), were funny and banter-y and great, but Jack!, ommygod, Jack! I can't even, with the mature confident man-in-his-prime sexiness... If nothing else, read it for Jack.
Anke
Sep 28, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
More like 2.5 stars.

I couldn't get warm with this story, the whole time til the end. Perhaps I just didn't get it but for me it wasn't funny and the end wasn't an end, that was the epilogue. Yes, the whole thing was a fast read, but overall it was inexpressively.

Bitchie
Cute, but not as funny as I usually get from this author. Didn't feel at all like a Christmas story, it just happened to take place at Christmas. I also wish it was longer.

Full review: http://bitchie.booklikes.com/post/709...
Meep
May 11, 2014 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
A chaotic jumble.

There's some heavy issues thrown in but never developed. The story seems to jump from one thing to the next without ever giving enough time to get orientated.
The boyband interactions were trying too hard to be clever/funny and the 'romance' was unconvincing with the two characters not even spending much time together. (view spoiler)

The original hook-
Victoria  love books
Dec 16, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audio-mm
Overall book rating: 4 adorable stars
Audio book: Narrator - Nick J Russo 4 Stars
Book cover 3.5 stars

I loved this book it was funny and sweet and so adorable. I mean how more complicated can things get if you fall in love with the father of the bride and you are the best man of your life long best friend?

description
Karen
Sep 28, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-mm
I totally enjoyed this book. It was a light fairly brief holiday story about a retired boy band getting together in a beautiful tropical setting for the wedding of one of it's members.

But before we can have the wedding we have to get to it and that is where the story begins for Jack, the father of the bride and Justin, the groom's best man. Now if each of them only knew who the other one was...they might not have gotten as up close and personal at their first meeting as they did. From here this
Lenore
This was such a great read. It literally made me laugh out loud and that's quite an accomplishment considering my mood as of late.

I liked both MCs, Justin and Jack, and the chemistry between them was instant and undeniable and electric, and that airport bathroom encounter was scorching hot.

What I enjoyed most, though, was how the author gave her story much more meat than I initially expected (the book's title is fitting, but at the same time it doesn't do the story justice.) How, among other th
Mandi Schreiner
Unfortunately, this one really misses the mark.

First off, where was the romance? There is a quickie scene in a bathroom and an awkward scene in a cave of sorts - but the romance was missing. How was I to believe these two belonged together when they barely had page time together.

For most of the book it is Justin with his former band mates. This author usually makes me laugh but I found their banter to be flat.

This is more Justin coming to terms with his sexuality and being a former star in a bo
Trisha Harrington
More like 3.5 stars.

This could have been a really amazing book. I like the author. I do. But this really wasn't long enough. The book had so much potential and it's not something I read a lot, but it needed to be longer or to have less secondary characters in it. Somewhere along the line this book became less of a romance, for me, and more a family drama.

Saying all that this book had some really good points. There's also the epilogue that takes place a year after the main story.

Definitely a book
Lily
One word to describe this one - hilarious! I had some great laughs reading it... Otherwise I was disappointed by the lack of romance. The wedding and banter between friends was nice, yet could not replace a properly developed relationship between the protagonists.
Elizabetta

Sid Love and Elizabetta share some holiday reading with LB Gregg’s How I Met Your Father...

Here it is, mid-November and we’re wrapped up in our blankies with a hot cup of tea, reading by our kindle-light. (Ebetta: Wait, hold the horses, LOL!, Is it cold where you are in India, Sid??? -- Sid: Well, it is officially winter season here, so yea, blankies sound comforting to me, thanks. -- Ebetta: Ah, good to know!) Suddenly we’re transported to sunny, tropical Puerto Rico for a Christmas holiday w
Caipi
This was a sweet surprise! A cute and entertaining short story.
Lady*M

L.B. Gregg is always funny, so it's no wonder the story was funny too. An ex-boy bend (I loved this idea) gather on tropical island to celebrate Christmas and one member's wedding. The band's singer, Justin, is the best man and in the closet to the general public. He has sex in the airport bathroom with the sexy passenger who turns out to be father of the bride. Crazyness ensues.

I liked how the band members interacted with each other - they were a family really. I liked the chemistry b
AussieMum
Dec 19, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: age-difference, lgbtq
Reread June 2019
I’ve been in a book slump so I’m going back to some older books I remember fondly. This was one of them and I find that even afte 4 yrs I still enjoyed it. The story is relatively short and only spans 48hrs which doesn’t give a great deal of time for relationship building. But what this lacks it makes up for in humour and comradery. These 2 men have a fifteen year age gap and chemistry in spades but the book centres around Justin and his friends, who were once the great
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
Romance Readers R...: Buddy Read - March- How I Met Your Father-m/m 31 34 Mar 21, 2014 09:19AM

• Long the Mile
  • Lost and Found
  • Merry Gentlemen
  • Feathers From the Sky
  • Sweet Young Thang (Theta Alpha Gamma, #3)
  • I Don't: A Christmas Wish
  • Christmas Kitsch
  • Gaudete
  • In Another Life (Heartwarming)
  • A Prairie Dog's Love Song
  • Illumination
  • An Inch at a Time (The Professor's Rule #2)
  • Sweet and Sour
  • It's All Geek to Me
  • O Come All Ye Kinky
  • I Spy Something Christmas (I Spy, #3)
  • The Holiday Hoax
  • The Crimson Outlaw
LB Gregg (Lisabea) writes fun, fast-paced contemporary male/male romances for a variety of publishers including Riptide, Samhain, and Carina Press. Her wildly successful Men of Smithfield books feature hot, hunky men looking for love in small town New England. Find more information about LB, The Men of Smithfield, and her fun series Romano and Albright at www.lbgregg.com.

You can also friend LB on
“It’s turbulence, for crying out loud. I refuse to die by cloud fart.”

Excerpt From: Gregg, L.B. “How I Met Your Father.” L.B. Gregg, 2013-11-12T06:00:00+00:00. iBooks.
This material may be protected by copyright.”
3 likes