Start by marking “The Weaponized Puzzle” as Want to Read:
The Weaponized Puzzle

The Weaponized Puzzle

(The Harrison Peel Files #2)

In a blend of cosmic horror with weird science fiction and action spy adventure, The Weaponized Puzzle recounts the further adventures of Army Intelligence Officer, Major Harrison Peel, who travels the globe fighting the good fight against alien monsters wherever they appear threatening to destroy humanity.

Harrison Peel’s second collection of adventures features two novell
Published October 4th 2013 by Smashwords Edition

To ask other readers questions about The Weaponized Puzzle, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Weaponized Puzzle

Start your review of The Weaponized Puzzle
Tarl
Jan 15, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: lovecraftian, spy
If you haven't picked up on it yet, I am drawn to the Peel character and series by Conyers. It's a combination of a good character as well as solid writing. Time and time again I have been surprised by the stories that Conyers has put together and the level of detail in his plot. 'The Weaponized Puzzle' is another example of why I enjoy these books.

Conyers' strength within this book is his characters, first and foremost. From Peel to those who stand against or with him, each has a realistic set
June Swinford
Jan 23, 2014 rated it really liked it
So I read the first book in this series this morning, and had only a fair-to-middling opinion of it. The characters are good and the plot was right up my street (I'm a pushover for anything Lovecraftian). But the technical issues -- typos, word choice errors, homophone confusion -- spoiled much of the fun for me.

This one, the second book, does not have nearly so many technical issues. Since I wasn't fighting the flaws, it was much easier to enjoy the story itself.

I like the main character, Harr
Derrick
Feb 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing
excellent The Weaponized puzzle was great. I had previously read weapons grade but I like the updated version better, the old one seemed a little too Deus ex Machina. I just cant decide If I want to reread the Spiraling Worm or wait for the Elder Codex to come out.
Mike
Mar 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing
So I read The Impossible Object (the first book in this series of short stories) a month or so ago, and I liked it a hell of a lot. The Peel stories are a fun mix of spy novels and Cthulhu mythos with an appropriate mixture of thriller and flat out weird. I dove into the next collection of stories soon after, but I'm only just now getting around to reviewing them.

The Weaponized Puzzle continues the adventures of Harrison Peel the Australian Defence Force intelligence officer who has been sucked
Robdguk
Mar 27, 2014 rated it liked it
when I read the first book in the series, I felt it was a plot driven novella rather than character driven. In a novella, that's all fine and I was hoping for a little more in the sequel. whilst there definitely is character development, I'd like a little more.

It's a good read with a different and refreshing slant on cthulhu mythos, and I have enjoyed it, but I'll have to have a little think whether I'll read the next one
Christian
Aug 26, 2016 rated it liked it
The adventures of Major Peel continue in this novel. Shoggoths, evil amorphous blobs, conspire to take over the world and the intelligence agencies of various countries organize to stop the invasion. Time travel and nuclear bombs spice things up in this quick read.
Robin
Jun 05, 2014 rated it liked it
I still say that Conyers is too good a storyteller to be allowed to write so carelessly. Somebody get this man an editor.
Waffles
Mar 22, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: horror
nice
Douglas S Saegesser
rated it did not like it
Nov 17, 2019
Justin
May 28, 2015
Andrew Fernie
Jun 05, 2018
David Conyers is science fiction author and editor from Adelaide, South Australia. He has a degree in engineering from the University of Melbourne, and today works in marketing communications. David’s fiction has appeared in magazines such as Albedo One, Ticon4, Andromeda Spaceways Inflight Magazine, Book of Dark Wisdom, Lovecraft eZine and Jupiter, as well as more than twenty anthologies. His pre ...more

The Harrison Peel Files (5 books)
  • The Impossible Object
  • The Elder Codex (The Harrison Peel Files Book 3)
  • The Infinity Agenda (The Harrison Peel Files Book 4)
  • The Temporal Deception (The Harrison Peel Files Book 5)