Start by marking “Pride and Precipitation (Chick Flick Clique Romantic Comedy #1)” as Want to Read:
Pride and Precipitation (Chick Flick Clique Romantic Comedy #1)

Pride and Precipitation

(Chick Flick Clique Romantic Comedy #1)

PG-RATED FUN that's been professionally edited.
Pride and Precipitation is #1 of the Chick Flick Clique romantic comedy series and Book #2 is Regally Blonde.

Written by USA Today Bestselling Author Heather Horrocks.

PRIDE AND PRECIPITATION (Chick Flick Clique #1)

Breezy Jones is crazy about the weather, rain or shine, which makes her job as the local television station’s m
Published January 14th 2014 by Word Garden Press (first published September 11th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Pride and Precipitation, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Pride and Precipitation

Debbie Brown
Dec 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: jaff, 2018-jaff, i-own-it
Breezy (Breanne) Jones is a 28-year-old meteorologist who is the weathergirl for he news team at KWAC TV in Aspen Grove, California. She's literally grown up in the newsroom there, as the previous weathercaster was her father. The community loves her sweet, girl-next-door style of delivering the news and she loves the community back, with no desire to ever live elsewhere. She already has her dream job here.

Noah Drake becomes the new station manager when KWAC is sold. He and his assistant general
J. W. Garrett
“Weather forecast for tonight: dark.” George Carlin

Breanne “Breezy” Jones is a meteorologist with several degrees and a masters under her belt. She is the local weather girl for KWAC. She is following in the footsteps of her father [Arthur] who did the weather for 30-years in the small community of Aspen Grove, California.

This was a cute short story that can be read in one sitting. It was clean and had that small town feel with friends that Breezy went to school with and had remained friends ev
Amy
Jul 29, 2018 rated it liked it
An utterly blah romantic comedy with a literal Mary-Sue main character, a hero with very little personality of his own, and some insta-attraction. It was clean, fluffy, and nothing to write home about. I mean, the main character's name is Breezy. And she works in weather. Get it.
That said, not a bad book. It kept it clean and sweet. This would be a solid two star but I'm bumping it up to 3 stars because I have read so many Pride and Prejudice retellings gone wrong that it was refreshing to find
Rane
Sep 29, 2013 rated it really liked it

Life for Breezy Jones is going good. An award winning meteorologist following in her father's footsteps. With her cheery outlook she's become very popular in her small town of Aspen Grove.
That all changes when the station is sold and a new general manager, Noah Drake starts making changes that effect everything that is Breezy's dream. To add more fuel to the fire Breezy's more at a lost with a growing attraction between her and Noah and their differences just keeping them apart.

It's always nic
Megan Clark
Feb 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
Cute, cheesy and enjoyable. The characters are fluffy but likeable and the plot was engaging and sunny. Great chick-lit.
Jessie
Oct 17, 2012 rated it really liked it
Pride and Precipitation is the first book in the Chick Flick Clique series (related romantic comedies, but not necessary to read in order). Breezy (Breann) loves weather. She's dreamed and worked toward being a meteorologist and is happily living the dream until the TV station is sold and under new management. Now, Noah Blake, the good looking new general manager is replacing her with a woman with more cleavage than brains. Can Breezy and Noah look past their professional problems and admit that ...more
Englishrose
Oct 10, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This was a cute story with some ties to that Austen classic which the title reminds us of. A fun, light trip through small-town news, this book pulled you into the story. With several fun side characters, the story left itself open for many other interlocked stories. With a fun plot and sweet characters, it's a refreshing bit of fun and sweet romance. This one made me smile and definitely made me laugh at several points. With a quick wit and some good conflict, the characters had me falling in l ...more
Samantha
Feb 03, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: cheesy-romance
This was an OK read. It's supposed to be book one in a series about a quirky group of friends, but the friends added little to the story. It felt like their characters were there just so she could write other stories about them later. My other pet peeve was that they kept talking about how the main character wasn't "sexy" and the love interest wasn't into her until he saw her as such. I'm not a fan if that word and it's connotation that a woman's primary value is in her sex appeal. That's just m ...more
Shannon Fox
Jan 28, 2015 rated it it was ok
Not my favorite Heather Horrocks book

It was a sweet story up until about 61 percent (in the kindle book). Then the word "sexy" was so over used that it became a badly written story. I also wasn't impressed with the lead male who only seemed to be focused on her "sexuality". It was very distracting, and while it seemed that the author was trying to change Breezy's "Pollyanna" image into something grown up and "sexy", I didn't find it believable or a good read.
Catherine Hawthorn
Aug 29, 2018 rated it it was ok
To be frankly honest, while I appreciated the cute romance, and I thought the retelling aspect was well-executed....this book had some issues. This is marketed as PG, but it really shouldn't be, rather, it's more like PG-13. I had hoped that this would be a nice light read, but finished the book in a rather foul mood. I somehow made it to the end, but I was really close to dropping it.

You'll see why in a minute:

RW Ratings:

Language: 4 stars. At least 3-5 instances of the word "hell", as in "wo
Maria Thomas
I'm a little conflicted about this book. I probably give it 2.5 stars. I enjoyed the light fluff read aspect. That was perfect since I had my Kindle on text to speech to listen to while I worked on another project. But I was annoyed that the guy was so focused on physical appearance. He wasn't impressed with Breezy until she looked "sexy". But she had a lot going for her with or without looks. So I feel like he was shallow and a bit sexist. I get that the world of TV is greatly focused on physic ...more
Pattisue
Aug 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
Meteorologist, Breezy Jones has always loved the weather, the stormier, the better. She thought all was blue skies until a storm front named Noah Drake blew into town. Now with a “hurricane name Pamela Gladstone” threatening to destroy her hopes and dreams, Breezy must batten down the hatches or walk away before her heart gets broken, again. General Manager, Noah Drake took one look at “Miss Pollyanna, rainbow-brite” and knew he had to make some changes—starting with her. Hiring and firing, well ...more
Marsha
Apr 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
A cute little rom com. A Pollyanna type of girl, Breezy Jones has her dream career as a meteorologist at for the same news station that her father had been at for almost all her life. She grew up learning about the weather, but when the new boss moves in and needs to make some changes to get better ratings, she gets bumped down. No more on camera action for her. Despite the downgrade, she still gives 110% to her job. Add to her frustrations at work, her mother keeps trying to set her up on blind ...more
Kate  Maxwell
Aug 04, 2018 rated it liked it
I grabbed this book because of the title, thinking that it might be a JAFF - but I was sorely disappointed. It is a very clean romance that fell a bit flat for me. There were a couple of chuckles provided by the story and I loved the quotes at the beginning of each chapter - a couple of which were from our favorite Hippy Dippy Weatherman, George Carlin. (It's sad that I liked the quotes more than much of the story). Happy-go-lucky Breezy Jones loves doing the weather and always thinks the better ...more
Pilar Seacord
Jul 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
Breezy is the Meteorologist but the station is bought out and she is demoted for a sexier weather person who does not have the schooling she does. The General Manager was talking to his assistant manager while he was waiting to talk to Breezy and she overhears Noah call her a Pollyanna and not in a complimentary way. She thought he was handsome too. He can not help himself and starts to find her attractive, same for her. While the not so nice replacement Pamela is trying to cause trouble. Moral ...more
Vivian
Nov 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing

Happiness is... finding an author who writes a satisfying romantic comedy. Especially since I just finished a romance that was good but emotionally draining - I desperately wanted something lighthearted to read & came across this just as I was beginning to despair and thinking I was going to have to settle for re-reading something.

I really enjoyed this book. Even though the plot is fairly predictable, it's well done enough not to matter. Most of the humor just made me smile, but t
Patty
Jun 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A nice clean light romantic read. As a fan of Pride and Prejudice, I enjoyed how the storyline unfolded at the TV station between Breezy and Noah. Small town life and the Chick Clique just made me smile. I think it was because of the realism in the small-town-life interactions and the support of a group of women all in different situations. If you want a lighthearted contemporary romantic story with fun banter and a AHE, this is a great book to read. Oh, and the weather related quotes at the sta ...more
Patti
Mar 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Cute and Quirky

This book made an enjoyable evening of reading. The characters were all, well mostly all, very enjoyable friendly small town folks. I want to live someplace like this! Candy’s Cafe, a small local TV station, a local surf shop, the Mayor’s Gala, and best of all, Chick Flick evenings with your friends. And quite a few very handsome men to choose from! What’s not to love about Aspen Grove? Count me in! Oh yeah, I already have a handsome man! But he likes small town life too!
Amy
Nov 27, 2018 rated it liked it
Shavelle
Jul 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
What a Breeze!

Normally a breweries things up in a unwelcome way but Breezy Jones is that right type of breeze cool and refreshing. Considering weather a dream worth holding on to may seem silly to some but Breezy Jones never questioned her hearts desire and never thought she would have to eat crown to hold on to until her station is sold. Immersing myself in Breezy's world was well worth it.
Ticklemepnk35
Sep 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
Pretty good twist to a classic!

Well, I liked this book a lot more than I thought I would. The heroine is not a complete push over and she really is likeable . My only complaint is that the man playing the Darcy character was kind of a jerk to me when he only realized he liked her because she looked sexy with her hair down. But all in all I really did like the story quite a bit!
Lynne
Sep 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This was a delightful book. So fun and whimsical. The writing is so easy to read and the story made me smile. Breezy is such a sweet character. She tried to keep a positive attitude, even when things don't go as she planned. The book is fun and obviously makes a nod to Jane Austen. This is a light, sweet read. A great bit of escapist reading. If you love clean, chick-lit stories, this is the book for you!
Toni Gancheva
3.5 ⭐ This was a funny book with witty dialogue. The Pride and Prejudice connection was subtle so this was not a retelling, but still the reader has an idea where things are going. The story was entertaining and well told. The only thing that I felt was missing was more depth to the H and h relationship.
Sensuality: clean, some innuendo
Religion: not really
Narrative: 3rd person, following the H and h
Jessica
May 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
A fun and charming read

I really enjoyed reading this sweet romance -- perfect for a rainy day like today. I liked that Breezy had sass, but was still kind and optimistic. It made her complex. I also loved how gracious and kind her mother was. Refreshing to find characters like this. My only critical note was that the ending did feel slightly rushed. Recommend for rom com and romance lovers.
Courtney
Jun 28, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2018
My children love these little books. They thoroughly enjoy each and every story, as if they are all unique and individual without any cause for similarity among them. Even though sometimes, they might seem tedious and repetitive to me as a parent, I do enjoy being able to read short-stories to my children that are clean and respective.
Josie
Mar 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Adorable

I seriously underestimated this book. It was sweet, but also laugh out loud funny. The descriptive portions were outstanding without being boring or drone on. I've just moved this author to my top 10 must read.
PLP
Apr 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
Great, upbeat book!

Loved this book. Liked all the characters. Even Pamela was a great villain. However, I wish the author had written a scene with Noah telling Pamela that she lost her job.
Cary
Oct 04, 2017 rated it did not like it
I grant you that this book was clean but it was also totally not realistic and I mean that not in a good way. Sometimes you can suspend reality for fantasy but this tried to stay based in reality. I’m not sure who would fall in love with the guy who destroyed dreams?
Judy A. Ptacek
Sep 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
Clean romance

I enjoyed this light comedic romance. Breezy knows what she wants for her career. Her new boss doesn't think she is right for her job. Will she win him over? Read it to find out.
Becca
May 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Very, very nice...

This was a nice, easy, heartwarming read. I knew they would end up together alright nutvtge journey there was no less fun to watch. I loved it. Five stars from me :)
  • Mansfield Ranch (The Jane Austen Diaries Book 5)
  • A Timeless Romance Anthology: Spring Vacation Collection
  • She's Just Right
  • Third Time's the Charm (Aliso Creek #2)
  • With a Kiss
  • Home Matters (Ripple Effect Romance #1)
  • Righting a Wrong (Ripple Effect Romance #3)
  • For What It's Worth
  • Masquerade
  • A Timeless Romance Anthology: All Regency Collection
I’m an author who had a somewhat unorthodox upbringing. I was raised in South America and the Middle East, and wrote my first stories as a teenager in Kuwait, where my sister and I proved it really is hot enough to fry an egg on the sidewalk. I wrote my first novel in three months on a typewriter when I was 21, I used every romance cliché possible (including amnesia — need I say more?), and never ...more

Chick Flick Clique Romantic Comedy (7 books)
  • Regally Blonde (Chick Flick Clique, #2)
  • My Spare Lady (Chick Flick Clique Romantic Comedy #3)
  • Fifty Shades of Greystoke (A Chick Flick Clique Romantic Comedy, #4)
  • While You Were Stranded (Chick Flick Clique, #5)
  • Romancing the Clone (Chick Flick Clique Romantic Comedy #6)
  • Davidson and Goliath (Chick Flick Clique Romantic Comedy #6)