Start by marking “Leave No Stone Unturned (Lexie Starr Mystery #1)” as Want to Read:
Leave No Stone Unturned (Lexie Starr Mystery #1)

Leave No Stone Unturned

(Lexie Starr Mystery #1)

Lexie Starr, a widowed library assistant, accidently discovers her new son-in-law, Clay Pitt, may be guilty of murdering his first wife.

Then Lexie's daughter, Wendy, is abducted.

Vowing to bring Wendy home and unravel the truth about Clay, Lexie comes face-to-face with Clay’s psychotic mother, a foul-mouthed parrot, a bad-tempered detective, a feisty old B&B proprietor,
Published January 11th 2013 by ePublishing Works! (first published May 1st 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Leave No Stone Unturned, please sign up.
Jennifer This book does not have a cliff-hanger ending - if that's what you mean? It wraps everything up.

C-shaw
Mar 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
Recommended by my Cozy Mystery Group Goodreads friend Gary. I found that I'd gotten a free Kindle copy in May of 2015! So far it's a pleasant, easy story.
* * * * *
This is a great story with interesting characters. I will order the next one asap. The only thing that bothered me is that Lexie Starr had no compunctions whatsoever about lying in her investigations, pretending to be a writer, exterminator, even a cop. That's illegal!

Favorite lines: A parrot named Sinbad responded when she said good m
Linda
Jan 14, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The initial interest in Leave No Stone Unturned was that Lexie worked in a library as a volunteer. I could relate to her work and the fact that she was from the Midwest - Kansas. The story shows a female character willing and capable of taking action to research her son-in-law's involvement in his first wife's death. Lexie travels from her home to Schenectady, NY to investigate. All of Ms. Glidewell's characters are unique, even including the pet parrot with the foul mouth. Her antics were often ...more
Kristen
Mar 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017, own, serial-cozy
In Jeanne Glidewell's Leave No Stone Unturned, the first installment in the Lexie Starr cozy mystery series, this debut is compelling and intriguing to give you a great story. Lexie Starr is a widow with an only child. When her daughter Wendy had gotten married to Clay Pitt, she became suspicious of him and his behavior. She had believed he had killed his first wife, a few years ago. That left Lexie to do some snooping of her own in Schenectady, New York, where the first murder took place. She h ...more
Jeri
Nov 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: e-books
Quite a good little mystery with a side of budding romance. Not at all what I expected when I picked this ebook up for free.
Lisa
It had been a long time since I'd read a mystery novel, so I was excited to see a free Nook book of this genre. The story was engaging and easy to follow, and the eclectic mix of characters added to the journey.

So, why did I give a three-star rating? First, and more importantly, I found that I had to suspend belief more times than necessary. Second, I was very disappointed that Lexie needed to rely on a man, one with no ties to the incident, to progress in the case. It would have been more power
Meg
Oct 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
This one had a very good mystery and was an easy read. Unfortunately it had several editing mishaps, which sets my actual rating at 3.5 or so, rounded. Hopefully the next one will be better.
Kay (Brigidsmomma) Compton
This was really good. I really enjoyed the mystery of trying to find the killer of the first wife of Lexie's son-in-law. The characters and plot were excellent and well written. I enjoyed the scenes that the author gave, and the interconnections between the characters. The ending was a bit of a surprise, but not totally, so I was quite pleased with the overall result.
Susan Porter
May 28, 2015 rated it it was ok
Cheeky and far fetched

Book had some good moments, but they were too seldom. It had good potential, but the author just dropped the ball. It was not believable and sort of fell all over itself. It was CLEAN and I appreciated that, but too many, by far, far-fetched ideas, plots, situations and just not well written.
Cindy
Apr 13, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Fun, interesting with no gratuitous anything. Made me laugh out loud. Like this series, all are stand-alone & TTS-enabled. Author's other novels have 'opinion-differences' for Christian tastes. But this one aligns as well as any not labeled Christian.
Penni Echeverria
Jul 28, 2015 rated it it was ok
A quick, fun ( although unbelievable ) read. However, the author's horrible depiction of a gay character ( a drug-using, stripper whose boyfriend may have AIDS ) and the attitude of the other characters toward him was offensive. Thus, the two star rating.
Betty
Jun 05, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: e-books, own
A mystery, the first in the series and a new author for me. I found the plot intriguing and the book was will edit and write. The characters were not well developed and protagonist, Lexie was disturbed by reported violence. The comments on the various sexual predators filled the pages. Many of her actions were illegal and bother me. She wondering about her daughter marrying a man she didn't know very well but she felt nothing wrong about meeting a man she had never meet and starting a relationsh ...more
Janet Miller
Jul 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is the first book I have read by this author. I enjoyed it very much. I liked the characters and the story moved along smoothly and swiftly. I enjoy the short chapters so I can fit reading in between my busy times during the day, and still end at the beginning of a new chapter. Highly recommend.
Bonnie Tharp
Feb 22, 2018 rated it liked it
What a delightful quick read. Loved the characters.

I will no doubt read more in the series, but some less than perfect mechanics threatened to pull me out of the story. I didn't let it, but I really wanted to get out my editing hat and help out and that's not why I read it.

All-in-all, an enjoyable cozy mystery.
Susan
Feb 02, 2018 rated it did not like it
Shelves: mystery
Oh, dear. Stilted dialogue, improbable plot points, police breaking the law (in other districts). Also very dated.... On the plus side, the grammar was better than most these days.
I'll not be trying another of these.
Tammy
Jul 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: cozy-mystery
This was my first book by this author and I enjoyed it very much. It had a good plot that didn't have an obvious ending, it moved along at a good pace and had many likeable characters including Lexie herself.
Jenn
Aug 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
Great page turner with a funny twist

Good storyline, and the author moves everything along at a comfortable pace. I laughed out loud at some of the main character's musings. Like me, she jokes when in a crisis. Thoroughly enjoyed this book :)
Sondra
Jun 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
An easy read with interesting characters and a well thought-out plot. The heroine is a middle-aged lady whose grown daughter has recently married, leaving mom as an empty-nester. Still, not as predictable as it could be and the characters keep it moving. I recommend it for some downtime reading.
Larrygodin
Feb 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
light, entertaining read.
Amy Cox
Apr 11, 2019 rated it liked it
Eh. Moved pretty fast.
Chris Blackton
Feb 11, 2019 rated it it was ok
If you want a light read, this is the book for you. Rather insipid!
Phyllis
Feb 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
Nice quick read with a few surprising twists.
Jeanne Kornegay
Oct 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Funny and well written.
Rita
Jul 15, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: mystery
A cozy mystery that introduces an amateur sleuth and her family.
Dana
Jun 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
A fun book to read
Susan Campbell
Oct 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
KANSAS AND NEW YORK MEET

When Lexie goes out to check on her daughter's new husband, she finds more than she bargained for. Clay isn't all he seems.
Traci Papst
Jan 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019
Perfect little cozy mystery:)
Brenda
Feb 23, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: nook-book
I didn't think the part where the two sheriffs allowed Lexie and her entourage to go with them to the mountain cabin was very plausible.
A few mistakes I was able to gloss over, but one glaring use of you're instead of your.
Enjoyed it enough to go on to book 2.
MoHurley
Jun 20, 2015 rated it really liked it
After a spate of skimming through bad cosy murder mysteries, Leave No Stone Unturned was a delight to read. It's well written, typo free, and not dumbed down like most cosy murder mysteries are (whoever coined a genre cosy murder mystery (CMM) is an oxymoron—we're talking murder here. The CMM sleuth is a bumbling female who, despite her flaws, solves her case).

Protagonist pre-geriatric widower, and volunteer librarian, Lexi Starr becomes a sleuth when she begins to notice that her daughter Wendy
Moondance
Should I warn my daughter that her husband could be a murderer, or go home and file my nails while I sip on a cup of strong coffee?

Lexie Starr is a retired librarian and has discovered that her new son in law is the main suspect in his first wife's murder. She decides to go to the scene of the crime to learn more about it. Lexie concocts a story about going to SC to meet a man she has found online. Stone, the gentleman in question, is a jeweler she located to replace a charm bracelet she started
Shirley Worley
Lexie had unwittingly discovered an unsettling secret about her not-so-adorable new son-in-law; his first wife, pregnant with their first child, was murdered and he was a prime suspect. Unsure of how to approach her daughter with this startling news, Lexie decides to uncover as much about the old case as possible, in hopes that her gut feeling is wrong. In New York she partners with an internet friend (Stone) who happens to be an officer in South Carolina, and together they sleuth to bring clues ...more

• Scavenger Hunt (A Finny Aletter Mystery, Book 1)
  • Dover Beach (The Last P.I., #1)
  • Darkness Before Dawn
  • Everybody's Daughter
  • Sins of the Father
  • Born & Bred (Life & Times Trilogy #1)
  • Black Creek Burning (Black Creek, #1)
  • All He Saw Was The Girl
  • The Tycoon and the Texan
  • The Seduction of Emily
  • The Grave Gourmet (Capucine Culinary Mystery, #1)
  • Love Thy Neighbor
  • Lady Lissa's Liaison (To Woo an Heiress, #1)
  • Head to Head (Claire Morgan #1)
  • The Hunt
  • By Design
  • Bear is Broken (Leo Maxwell #1)
  • From the Ashes
Jeanne Glidewell, a 2006 pancreas and kidney transplant recipient, and her husband, Bob, reside in the small Kansas town of Bonner Springs. Prior to moving back home to Kansas they owned a large RV Park in Cheyenne, Wyoming for 12 years. Jeanne and her husband, Bob, moved back home to Kansas after she experienced some major health setbacks. Bob now manages the release of her books through eBook Pr ...more

Lexie Starr Mystery (7 books)
  • The Extinguished Guest (Lexie Starr Mystery #2)
  • Haunted (Lexie Starr Mystery #3)
  • With this Ring (Lexie Starr Mystery #4)
  • The Spirit of the Season (Lexie Starr Mystery #4.5)
  • Just Ducky (Lexie Starr Mystery #5)
  • Cozy Camping (Lexie Starr Mystery #6)