Start by marking “Secret Life (RVHS Secrets #2)” as Want to Read:
Secret Life (RVHS Secrets #2)

Secret Life

(RVHS Secrets #2)

Rachel Wells is a liar—big time. No one outside her family knows about the panic attacks or meds, the weekly therapy drive-bys or the “safe” outfit. If she could hide it all from her string of ex-boyfriends and her best friend Amy, then why should anything change? But, when the one guy as messed up as she is blackmails her into helping him, life goes from closely restraine ...more
Published November 5th 2013 by RogueGiraffe Books (first published November 4th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Secret Life, please sign up.
Shahanara Wasn't she dating Jared in previous book though(?) cant precisely remember

Start your review of Secret Life (RVHS Secrets #2)
Laura Gibson
Jun 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I don't write reviews for books. I just don't. I can't. I'm mean, I'm picky, I usually hate everything, and so its for the best if I just don't say anything about the book.
But I couldn't not say anything about this book.
Lets just start with I fell in love with Bria Quinlan as a writer when I read 'Secret Girlfriend.' I bawled through the whole book. Straight up, tears running down my face, wiping the snot away bawled. My husband laughed at most of the time.
I eagerly started the next
Lenore Kosinski
Feb 27, 2014 rated it it was amazing
4.5 stars -- LOVED this one. It was so NOT what I was expecting. I mean, I'm not sure what I was expecting... I knew it would be Rachel's story, but holy hell did I not know anything about her. And I totally thought Jared was going to be the counterpart. WRONG. Rachel surprised me right from the start of this book. I have never had any experience with Body Dysmorphic Disorder, other than having vaguely heard about it and made aware that it exists. So I really loved getting to know Rachel and see ...more
Melissa
This was so different form the first book about Amy, there was a lack of depth to that one, this one you felt like you were in deep water with no way out before the 3rd chapter was over. This YA book dealt with very heavy deep issues. Disorders of the mind that ranged from seeing yourself incorrectly to using people and abuse. I liked the way the author handled these tough issues and bought the book to a good place. The only thing I had an issue with was some of the writing, it was a little chop ...more
ضحى الحداد
I can't lie .. I was really skeptical about Chris being the main guy in the story since I really didn't like him in the first book, but I changed my mind when I saw how much he was trying to fix himself, and Rachelle is dealing with her own problems too, I admit I did like her with Jared more and their relationship was a lot smoother but Chris wasn't that bad either ..
The ending wasn't satisfactory for me, I needed more closure with those characters .. I hope we get another book about Ben and h
Rezz
Jun 16, 2014 rated it really liked it
Review posted on http://cleanreadsplease.blogspot.com

Can we just take a moment. Just one moment to bask in the freaking awesomeness that was this book. The unexpected depth, the smarts, the everything that this was. Wow. I'm in shock. Not the same shock that I wrote about a couple of days ago when things were happening in a book that I didn't understand. I'm in shock because this was so good. Not only was this so good but it was freaking quality. I want to cry with how happy I am. FINALLY. Finally an author doesn't treat
Patricia
Apr 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I CANNOT EVEN BEGIN TO TELL YOU HOW MUCH I LOVEEEEEEEE THIS BOOK. I JUST CAN'T. I'LL JUST GET ALL SMILEY AND MY HEART WOULD LIKE BURST BECAUSE OF THE JUMBLED EMOTIONS I FEEL FOR THIS BOOK. But really though. This book is just... phenomenal, flawless. It's so beautifully written. No over-the-top happenings and such. I just loved the characters' vulnerability. I loved how their relationship wasn't abrupt. I loved how they grew throughout the book. I loved how they conquered their fears and such. I ...more
Laura Pauling
Nov 13, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I never saw this story coming after reading the first book in the series, Secret Girlfriend. We barely got to know Rachel in book 1 and we didn't always see the best sides of Chris. But I loved how the author paired these two together. I loved that they were both broken but trying to change. I love that after reaching rock bottom, they did what was necessary to heal before moving forward.

I'l be honest that it took me a little bit to get into this story because it wasn't what I was ex
Kristen Koster
Oct 15, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Loved this book. Self-perception never seems to line up with how other people see you, especially in High School. Sometimes you have to learn to trust what others see in you and other times reject it because you know you can be a better person. I ended up laughing through my tears at this RVHS #2 and can't wait until #3 is out. If you haven't read this or RVHS #1 SECRET GIRLFRIEND, run grab 'em! Bria Quinlan's WRECKLESS deals with different characters, but the same hard-hitting topics that manag ...more
Laplumedelyla
Better than the first one.
I loved Rachel. Rachel is (view spoiler) I didn't really know the subject but it seemed to me that the subject matter was well treated and helped me to get a better understanding of it.
I warmed up to Chris. You could understand why the guy was so f***ed up.
Their relationship was very interesting and their feelings seemed deeper.
Hope there is other books in this series with Ben and Justin. And wh
Rachel
Oct 14, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ya-series
4.4

I'm really really hoping that the next book in this series is about Ben. I already love him ^_^ I'm guessing his secret love is (view spoiler)
Amy Dufera
Jul 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Secret Life is an absolutely amazing high school story, with the romance not being the main theme.
Rachel is amazing well written, with so much depth and realism. She has Body Dysmorphic Disorder, and the ways in which it affects every single part of her life is overwhelming. She has been hiding her problems from her friends and is trying to discontinue taking any meds for her condition. As with any meds, she doesn't like how they make her feel, as well making her feel like a failure for ne
TSN
This was a rather different subject topic and when written as POV of a character with this disease - Well it was interesting.

While I was not so into Chris, Rachel was pretty cool and when she had her big melt down my heart really bled for her.
Charlene
Jun 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Definitely a good read to take you out of a reading slump. I really enjoyed Chris and Rachel's story, and the growth they made within themselves from being with each other. I hope to read more books within this series, especially Ben's.
Sadia
A good book. I loved Rachel' s mother. She rocks!
Mackenzie
Jun 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Consider me blown away. I was seriously expecting fluff when I decided to read this. One look at the cover would give anyone that impression but I also read the first book, Secret Girlfriend, and it was pretty fluffy. In fact, I really only read it because I was curious how the author could possibly turn Chris Kent into a guy I would root for after his behavior in Secret Girlfriend. Secret Life wasn't fluff though. It was an incredible story about a girl struggling to be med free with BDD and a ...more
Heidi Hutchinson
Apr 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: teen-romance
I read this immediately (like, we're talking minutes after) I read Secret Girlfriend. Rachel's story was complex and heartbreaking. I loved the whole thing.

Bria tells Rachel's story in a way that is both traumatic to the reader and encouraging. Sometimes it's hard to look beyond ourselves to what someone else may be going through because we're going through something ourselves. Rachel's difficult balance with who she chose to let in was relatable in so many different ways. And I love
Tsukushi

Okay. Wait. What? This is Chris' story?
Chris who was such a jerk and a man whore at book one??

WHOA. Wait a minute.

*laughs* Okay. That was quite unexpected. And with Rachel, nonetheless. The lip gloss obsessed best friend of Amy. Ahh, really.

So, when I got this book, I hadn't even checked it out in goodreads first. Or even read its synopsis. I was desperate to read something. So imagine my surprise when I read this book--Chris' book nonetheless, and with Rachel.

What an odd pair.
BUT IT WAS GREAT. The story was simply amazing. Chris was not I thought he was. Les
RitaSkeeter
May 28, 2014 rated it did not like it
Shelves: 2014, ya, romance
Okay, so I've given this author a second go, and it still doesn't fit the bill for me. The author tries to address some heavy issues in this book and as with book 1 in this series I don't think they are well executed. The flatness of plot and lack of characterisation I complained of in book 1 are just as present here.

Never say never but I can't see myself reading further books from this author.
Bookgyrl
Apr 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ya
I have not read book 1 in this series, but it stood alone very well. Rachel is a young woman suffering from BDD (Body Dysmorphic Disorder) and she is keeping it a secret. She has been trying to stay off the meds through the summer but returning to school and being dumped by her boyfriend triggers a panic attack.

Most of the book is about Rachel trying to get through life with the disabling disease. She is asked to tutor Chris (Amy's ex) and they form a friendship that turns into more.
Regina
Oct 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
Since this is the first book in the series I have read (though #2 in the series), the world and characters were new to me, but enough backstory was explained that Secret Life works as a standalone. Even if I didn't get all hints and references to book #1, I never felt like I was missing something.

Story-wise, this was not quite what I expected; Secret Life tackles some tough subjects, but in a relatable manner.

While I like both Rachel and Chris, my favourite character is definitely Rachel's Mom
Sharon Hughson
Sep 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Tough Subject Handled Brilliantly

Quinlan is a master storyteller. She has a knack for nailing the female voice, and this story addresses some hard and unfamiliar topics with finesse and transparency. I couldn’t stop reading because I was rooting for Rachel to get a happy ending.
And, yes, I thought Chris was a royal jerk in the first book, but another truth is that no person is just one thing. And we never know what is behind the closed doors in another person’s life.
Best romance I’ve r
Kimberly
Apr 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
The book is the second story in the series. I have not read book one in the series but this book stood alone very well. The story has some romance but it also is a heavy read about teen anxiety Rachel one of the main characters she is a young woman that is suffering from Body Dysmorphic Disorder and she is keeping it a secret.

Amanda
Apr 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed
Really interesting character. I don't want to give anything away but while I couldn't relate to Rachel, reading her story was a fascinating insight. Some of her decisions made me angry and some made me sad, but I could understand her motivations which to me is the sign of a well-written character.
Geraldine Streit
Apr 23, 2018 rated it liked it
What is interesting in this book is how it showcase some teenagers psycologic problem. What I don’t like it how the teenager act like they are adult.

Mary
Aug 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: series, ya-liked
SO much better than the first one!

Still some awkward writing where I had to reread sentences in attempt to understand certain scenes. BUT there were lots of other very funny, very touching well-written scenes too.
Kathryn
Jul 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Angel Graham
Jun 26, 2019 rated it liked it
I think what I liked most was the sexual tension without actually having sex. Also, the friends chemistry between Rachel and Ben. He got her.

I learned more about Body Dysphoria Disorder than I expected.
Thi
May 06, 2018 rated it liked it
I get that Rachel has some issues but this girl is one hot mess. It was hard to like her at times but there were times I just wanted to hug her. I felt she spent way too much time in her head.
Gio
Feb 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is the second book by BrianQuinlan that I read and just thinking about it makes me happy.

This book has a really cute story, I wasn't really feeling it at the beginning but then I just couldn't stop reading.

The way Rachel is, how she feels and go she sees herself just makes me love this book because is not then normal love story you read out there.

Chris is the typical "popular athlete that has the perfect life and lives to have fun" but he's not, through t
Spokanebookluvr
Apr 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: YA readers
Finally a book that people can fully relate too. Everyone one has problems they hide, some more serious then others. Rachel suffers from a disease that is complicated, not being able to see who you are is difficult at best and the anxiety is sometimes more then she can bare. These two things can have devestating consquences.

High praise to the author for sharing this very personal story. It touched my heart in ways that are difficult to express. Thank you for having the Mom in this story be a st
« previous 1 3 next »
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 2 Aug 15, 2015 07:52AM

• Play With Me (Grover Beach Team, #1)
  • Ryan Hunter (Grover Beach Team, #2)
  • The Avery Shaw Experiment (Science Squad, #1)
  • Playing Defense (Corrigan Falls Raiders, #2)
  • All Laced Up (All Laced Up, #1)
  • Breaking the Rules of Revenge
  • T is for...(Grover Beach Team, #3)
  • A Game Worth Watching (Worth Series, #1)
  • Adorkable
  • The Trouble With Dating Sue (Grover Beach Team, #6)
  • Roomies
  • When We Began (Ridgewater High, #0.5)
  • Finding Perfect (Finding Perfect #1)
  • The Bad Boy Bargain (Suttonville Sentinels, #1)
  • The Sweetheart Sham (Southern Charmed, #1)
  • Dating Trouble (Grover Beach Team, #5)
  • Royal Catch (The Rourkes, #1)
  • The Boyfriend Game (First Kisses, #5)
  • Taming Chloe Summers (Grover Beach Team, #7)
  • Anywhere with You (With You, #1)
  • Attempting Elizabeth
  • Swinging At Love (Suttonville Sentinels, #2)
  • Love in the Friend Zone (Grad Night, #1)
  • Racing Savannah
  • Jane and Austen
  • Blackmail Boyfriend (Boyfriend Chronicles, #1)
  • Operation Prom Date (Tactics in Flirting, #1)
  • Ridorkulous (Dorky Duet #1)
  • My Fair Godmother (My Fair Godmother, #1)
  • Awry (The Archers of Avalon, #2)
Bria Quinlan is an award-nominated bestselling author of eight Romantic Comedies and YA Issue Books (that she swears are funny...really. They are.) Her books make you snort Diet Coke out your nose or tear up and curse her name.

Amazon: https://tinyurl.com/ybgdq33r

#3 The Catching Kind
#4 The Proposing Kind
#5 Things Tha/>/>/>Instagram:/>Twitter:/>/>iBooks:/>BN:/>Kobo:

RVHS Secrets (2 books)
  • Secret Girlfriend (RVHS Secrets #1)