Start by marking “Borrowed” as Want to Read:
Borrowed

Borrowed

(Embracing #2 old version)

Evan Martin was a country boy at heart with big dreams. He grew up in a small town in Utah, playing football since middle school. He thought his future with his girlfriend would be perfect, until she became pregnant and ripped his heart out.

Evan decided then he was never going to play football again and he wanted as far away from Utah as possible. He had always wanted to
Published January 14th 2014 by Createspace (first published January 12th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Borrowed, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Borrowed

Heidi Sturgess
Apr 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2014-books-read
Without sounding like Mary Poppins , lets start at the very beginning. ...the cover is beautiful and dedication pulls at the heartstrings ♥ Delisa he would be proud sugar!

Tatum and Evan had an attraction  to one another from a young age and they shared a beautiful and innocent summer holiday romance. After summer Evan has to return to Utah leaving Tatum with bittersweet memories.Once home Evan gets involved with a girl , Bryn, she's the love of his life and when she falls pregnant he's ready to
United Indie Book Blog
Feb 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing

Tatum and Evan had an attraction to one another from a young age and they shared a beautiful and innocent summer holiday romance. After summer Evan has to return to Utah leaving Tatum with bittersweet memories.Once home Evan gets involved with a girl , Bryn, she's the love of his life and when she falls pregnant he's ready to
Spunky N Sassy
Jan 07, 2015 rated it really liked it
Sweet N Sassy Book A Holics Rating: 3.5

~~~~~Kim's Review!~~~~~

3 Stars

I received a complimentary copy of this book for my honest review.

This story is written mainly from Evans point of view. It's basically the first book repeated from another's point of view! I just didn't feel the need for this book at all. I felt like I was re-reading the entire thing again!

Kelsey's Korner Blog
Poor Evan doesn’t get a lot of luck with the ladies in the love department and always seems to fall for the wrong girls.

Evan and Tatum go way back and have always been special friends, they are both really likeable characters in the book. Tatum suffers at the hands of someone else and Evan is her knight in shining armour. But Evan seems to be everyone’s knight, he falls in love so easy and always seems to get hurt. He’s a good guy.

This is a novella and it has lot’s of chapters and stops and star
Romance Readers Retreat
Borrowed is the second book (Evan's POV) from author Delisa Lynn and follows on from Embracing Love.

Although I hadn't read the first book prior to being given this one to review, it was easy enough to follow the story.

The characters are easy to like and follow, although I found the story slightly disjointed as there were so many sub-characters which didn't play a large part and didn't really have anything to add to the story.

It's a true love story and you can't help but hope that Evan finds hi
Stacey
Feb 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This was an arc review

First of all this is a book that you are going to love and won't be able to put down. Im in love with ( mr hot ) Evan. He is just every girls dream man if that's possible everything in one package This story is very emotional so much it kinda raw but also very sexy. The sexy parts bind this book together .I just got so into it emotionally it Sometimes Made me angry upset I wanted to jump through the book and strangle Tatum like really kill her when you read you will unders
Amazeballs Book Addicts
Feb 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I feel completely in love with this book! I want to read all of them now! I started reading this about 2 hours ago and I could not put it down! I love Evan and Tatum's story. There are so many things that keep them apart and as Evan says they are on "Borrowed Time" hence the name of the book. Delisa Lynn's writing always keeps me at the edge of my seat and her imagery makes me feel like I am there with those characters. The other big thing I like about her writing is that the intimate love scene ...more
Christina
Feb 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Well Evan... I gotta say you probably have the worst luck in the love dept. I have read! Now granted I know that you love Lila but baby, she was confused, and dumb ..same with Tatum! I fell in love with you in Embracing Love and even more in Borrowed. Love is a tricky thing, especially when the one person you have loved most of your life is being hurt by someone else. It's a tug of war of emotions.. I think Evan will always love Lila. I loved Evan's POV! I just wanted to hold him and tell him I' ...more
Secretly Adorkable Readers
I received this ARC from the author for an honest review.

First, this review is solely my opinion.I despise cheating in any type of story I read. It will only go down hill from there for me. Secondly, I don't like books with a lot of sex or foul language.

I didn't like the first book but I had to find out what happened with Evan and Lila and wanted to see where this book would lead. Basically, this is a novella written in Evans POV.
Jessika Harper
Feb 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing
this is Evan's side of the story and what happens! I loved this book just as much as the first one! I cried, laughed and over all thought it was amazing!! Delisa has done it again with her amazing talent!! Cannot wait to read the next book!
Terri S
Feb 17, 2014 rated it really liked it
Loved Evans story. can't wait to see how book 3 plays out. I wouldn't want to be Lila..
LBell
Feb 18, 2014 rated it it was ok
Is it just me, or am I the only one confused by the synopsis? I think the author needs to start over.

And cheating is not cool for me. Ever.
Just My Bucking Book Blog
Title: Borrowed
Author: Delisa Lynn
Genre: Romance
Series: Embracing
Publication Date: January 14th, 2014

3 BUCKING STARS!

I’m not really sure were to start with this book review. I’ve mixed feelings about the entire thing, while I didn’t hate it, I didn’t exactly love it either, I think it’s fallen into my okay shelf and is likely to stay there.

Borrowed is the follow up book to Embracing Love by Delisa Lynn. I loved Evan, the leading male, in the book, and felt so sorry for him. The poor fella had
Books&Dreams
Mar 25, 2014 rated it liked it
 photo bookwormsreviewicon.jpg

I was gifted book #3 from the Author for an honest review
so i purchased book 1 & 2 so I didn't miss anything in the story.

This is a novella in Evan's POV.

I loved Evan, at times I wanted to cry for him, he is so not lucky in the love department.

Again I wanted to give this book a higher rating.
It is a great story. And it is filled with great characters.
But i didn't feel the story flowing and it felt a little stagnant to me.

This Author is very talented and has a great mind to put all this
The Book Fairy Reviews
Oct 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Amazing and touching this is a love story that you will wan to have on your shelf to pick up time and time again. Evan is smoldering in this book and you will definitely be drawn to his personality and heart. Having fallen in love with Lila, in the first book of this series and then losing her, you were left wondering what would happen to him. This is his story. Finding his true heart is a long rode of heart ache and betrayal but when he final finds Tatum and realizes that she is what true love ...more
Bonnie Lit-Junkie
Jan 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: archives
I received this ARC for an honest review.

First of all this is a book that you can't put down. I absolutely loved Evan. He is just every girls dream man. This story is very emotional and very sexy. I loved them parts in this story! I just got so into it emotionally. Some times I wanted to jump through the book and strangle Tatum, which is the girl in this story. She just kept pissing me off. lol.. Anyways, she was in love with her brothers best friend. Some things she did were just so annoying.
Kim Sutton
Jan 07, 2015 rated it liked it
I received a copy of this book for my honest review for Sweet N Sassy Book a Holics.

We do find things out that wasn't in the first book, as we meet Tatum. I really like Tatum and felt like punching her stupid boyfriend for her!

There just seems like too much going on in thi
Amy  Crull
Jun 25, 2014 rated it it was amazing
What can I say about this book? I loved Evan from the first book and thought he got the raw deal but it turns out that he didn't really. Evan is my favorite character out of all Delisa's books. He is the most down to earth gorgeous man. This is Evan's story. I'm so glad that things worked out for him after losing his love to another man. Him and Tatum have been friends from the beginning but things have a way of changing their lives. He went to New York for school and she stayed home. It's funny ...more
Nancy Metsch
Jun 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
EVAN MARTIN!!!!!
He's the Book boyfriend of the year in my opinion. There are a million reasons why I loved this series. Evan is at the top of the list. He's not perfect, which for a book boyfriend is rare..lol. He's raw and so real. The poor got his heart stomped on time and time again Yet at the end of the day he got EVERYTHING he deserved.
I also LOVED Tatum's POV. We were given a glimpse in the 2nd book about what she went through with Thayer, but in this book we heard everything....Delisa r
Ajs  Book Reviews
Apr 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Virna
May 13, 2014 added it
my opinion the worst book i have read,I couldn't get into the characters.
this whole book made no sense whatsoever, Hate Lili she plays with Evan and Liam.
Jenell Shull
Jo
Feb 15, 2014
Bee Dugas
Sep 21, 2016
Delisa Lynn grew up in Columbus,Ohio. She works in the medical field by day, and let's her characters come to life at night. She is an avid reader, mainly any book with Alpha males or a good romance novel. If she isn't working or writing you can find her curled up with her fur baby and her kindle. Or watching a good movie with her husband. She is a huge reality TV junkie.

Embracing (6 books)
  • Treasured (Embracing, #1)
  • Salvaged (Embracing, #2)
  • Destined (Embracing, #3)
  • Fated (Embracing, #4)
  • Healed (Embracing Series Book 5)
  • Borrowed (Embracing Series Book 6)