Start by marking “Trinkets, Treasures, and Other Bloody Magic (The Dowser, #2)” as Want to Read:
Trinkets, Treasures, and Other Bloody Magic (The Dowser, #2)

Trinkets, Treasures, and Other Bloody Magic

(The Dowser #2)

4.12  ·  Rating details ·  2,349 Ratings  ·  167 Reviews
Three months ago, I lost my foster sister, Sienna, to the darkness. As in blood magic and chaos and general mayhem. No one saw it until it was too late, but I should have. Now, I have a wounded heart and soul that I can’t even reveal to anyone around me, because I’m supposed to hate Sienna with the fiery passion of the justified. And I do. I just wish I didn’t feel so lost ...more
Published December 27th 2013 by Old Man in the CrossWalk Productions (first published December 15th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Trinkets, Treasures, and Other Bloody Magic, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Trinkets, Treasures, and Other Bloody Magic

Gertie
Dec 18, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: urban-fantasy
I really enjoy this series - after loving the first book Cupcakes, Trinkets, and Other Deadly Magic, I was very excited to begin this one. Like a piece of chocolate I tried to savor it and make it last as long as possible. :-P Sadly now I'm done and have to wait for book 3...

Without giving too much away, this second book has Jade getting to know her new companions and witchy skills better while trying to cope with the emotional aftermath of the events from the first book, without becoming too ha
Maghon Thomas
Nov 29, 2013 rated it it was amazing
SERIOUUSLY! ok, so I immediately emailed the author, and told her I read the last sentence and said OMG!!! LOL this is one soooooo good. I thought I loved the first one, but I am in LUST, LOVE, and total OBSESSION with book two! YES! I would recommend reading book one first, as you’ll think Jade is some crazy chick, which she is, but she has reason. LOL AND you’ll get to read all about her yummy cupcakes, and HAWT pieces, and crazy family. It’s the best!

Jade is now trying to figure out her magi
(Source: I received a digital copy of this book for free on a read-to-review basis. Thanks to author Meghan Ciana Diodge.)
This is book 2 in the ‘Dowser’ series.
Sienna has gone, but Jade is far from out of trouble.
After being asked to view a ‘collection’, Jade and her crew set off on a little road trip, taking plenty of cupcakes with them, although things are never as straightforward as they seem.
Is Sienna really gone for good? What exactly is Jade? And how long can a girl go without chocolate?

T
Jeanny
Feb 02, 2014 rated it really liked it
Book two in this series is leaps & bounds better then book the first. It answers questions, binds characters, & opens doors for the expansion of the series in future books. I'm more inclined to follow this series.
Apr 18, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This might have been a four-star book, but I thought the end was kind of rushed and somewhat silly. At that point the fluffy cupcake cover didn't seem quite so out of place.

Up until that point however, I was sufficiently engrossed. There was plenty of action, great supporting characters - one of whom was thought to be dead but reappeared enticingly evil - a budding attraction, and a nasty demon.

Finally we are given some answers regarding Jade's father and the mysterious unknown half of her her
So, I Read This Book Today
Dec 18, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: urban fantasy, paranormal
Recommended to So, I Read This Book Today by: Author
If you haven’t read Cupcakes, Trinkets, and Other Deadly Magic (The Dowser Series) WHY NOT??? IT IS WONDERFUL! So, read Cupcakes and then dive right into Trinkets.

It’s like chocolate – you can’t STOP

Looking back at my review of Cupcakes, the first in The Dowser Series, I realize that I talked more about the cupcake recipes that Meagan came up with. Well, the cupcakes sound awesome so who can blame me? But I never really said anything about the story other than how much I enjoyed it. And I should
ɑƨħŵɑɡ ♥Team Magnus Damora FOREVER♥
The good this series did for me was getting me a bit out of my reading slump .. It was light and interesting & not very heavy on mythology that you have to think about it..

Jade in this book impressed me with how she faced her trouble face on. She was very relatable. I did like how she was still emotionally confused by the Sienna Situation. A lot happened as well that left me confused like Desmond appearance. He was there for a second and then gone. Also the whole "Jade/Kett" relationship. Ar
Elizabeth Emily Browne
Urgh-.-
Still no romance between Kett and Jade apart from the odd intimate moment.

This sucker needs her happy ending! Okay I need to calm down. There's still two books to go. They have to get together in one of them. Right? Right?!

Anyway other than that Desmond is a total jackass!

The author has built the world and the characters up so well that I feel like I can almost see them, she is truly talented.
María Paulina
Jan 15, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A much more interesting book than the first one, I must say. The story did took a turn I honestly hadn't expected but I was pleased by it. We got to connect more with the characters of the book and see their personality. Nothing much to say about it.
Sunshine✰✰✰
I really enjoyed the first book so I bought the Books 1-3 Box Set. It has been almost 2 years since I read the first book though, so I found myself really lost for the first half of the book. So much refers to the first book, which I only remember bits and pieces of. The ending is definitely left open and now that I'm interested in the series again, I need to get to the next book soon before I forget it again! :-)

I do enjoy Jade's quirkiness and I want to see more of her with Desmond and even w
Tamecia
It's been about a year since I read the first book, and I was worried be that I wouldn't be able to get back into the story. But that wasn't a problem at all. I really enjoyed this book and I am so excited that I finally know what Jade's other half is, I thought this book was going to end with out revealing it. I can't wait to read book three!!!
April
Jan 10, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
(view spoiler)
Katie
Damn. Should have spent more time reading less drinking rum. Damn good book.
A Book Vacation
Dec 06, 2013 rated it really liked it
To see my full review:

This second novel in the Dowser series is just as enticing as the first, Cupcakes, Trinkets, and other Deadly Magic. Complete with scrumptious cupcakes, snarky attitude, and a fast-paced setting, this novel will keep you entertained from the very first page. Picking up three months after the conclusion of the first, Jade is still a little green when it comes to her Dowser powers, though her aura is strong and she’s working doubly hard
Anika
Feb 23, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Okay, so we know who is the bad person was and that they had fully turned to the dark side because they desired more power but we found out that Jade is more and that the people who loved her most kept this from her. But is not lost as her family has surrounded her in support. We are introduced to more characters specifically Rusty's sister Mory who wants Jade to take her to where it all happened and a Blackwell a male witch who likes to collect things wants Jade to look at something. Everybody ...more
Kerry O'Dea
May 13, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: paranormal
3.5- Goodreads make half stars a thing!

This book like the one before it was really entertaining. However the first handful of chapters were really confusing and almost unnecessary. I feel like they didn't add anything to the over all story. After I got past those chapters, I was engrossed. I still love Jade. Her spunky attitude is contagious. I love getting a better picture of her mother, Scarlet. She's probably my third favorite character behind Kandy.

The ending was a bit of a cliff hanger, wh
(Source: I received a digital copy of this book for free on a read-to-review basis. Thanks to author Meghan Ciana Doidge.)
I didn’t like this quite as much as I liked it the first time I read it. I liked the action, but I did feel a bit confused in places, and I did get a bit tired of waiting to know what was going on.
The ending totally saved this book for me though. The twist as with regards to the identity of Jade’s father was really good!
6 out of 10.
Melinda VanLone
Dec 30, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
First book of 2014 on the "read" shelf, and I couldn't be happier and more frustrated. Happy because I enjoyed the heck out of it. What a ride! I can't get enough of this world, and can I just say that the end blew my mind and left me wanting more more more?!

Frustrated because now I have to wait for another one. I sure hope it's coming soon. Like tomorrow. Though I'd take a shipment of cupcakes too :-D

Conny
Nov 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I am a new fan to Meghan Ciana Doidge and I am so happy I discovered her books. This is the second book of the series and I thoroughly enjoyed it. It was filled with plenty of action and romance, and just enough wonderful baked goods to make me crave cupcakes and chocolate. The book caught my attention from page one and I had a real hard time putting it down, reading way passed my bedtime. I like all the characters and plot line and can't wait to see what will happen next.
Katter
Jan 28, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: urban-fantasy
Considering I gave the first book 1 star, I was pleasantly surprised to find that the writing of the second book had improved quite a bit. Or perhaps I was more able to focus on the actual plot of the story instead of the stupidity of Jade. Which could in fact be the case, because even though the heroine is dumb on occasion, it doesn't seem to be an all encompassing state anymore. Small wonders.

So in the second book of the Dowser series, Jade is trying to adjust to her life after all the hubbub
Melany
I really liked this book, I'd say I liked it even more than I liked the first one! I loved where the plot is heading with Jade learning more about her powers and her lineage (view spoiler). I also like how complex many of the family relationships are! I love Kandy and I thought Mory was really sweet. Still, love Kett with all my heart!

There are two reasons I didn't give this book 5 stars. The first being we didn't learn much about her grandmother and we o
Lisa Rector
Loved this one as much as the first one! I love being in the character’s head and experiencing all her crazy, chocolate-coated emotions. This character has spunk and drive and ad libs like there’s no tomorrow. Kett is absolutely my most favorite character. I love the spice and interaction between Desmond and Jade and Kett and Jade. I wanted more of the saucy love stuff, but the story wasn’t about that. The story focused on Jade’s quest to stop her sister, but everything along the way was a blast ...more
Krystyna
Jul 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Half witch, half ........?

With Rusty dead and her sister pulled through the portal, it feels that life has gone back to what it was. The appearance of Rusty's sister changes that as does an invitation to meet with a powerful sorcerer. However betrayal, the reappearance of her sister and a demon mean that she can only do one thing. Take the demon through the portal! Will this be enough to finish off the demon? Will the two companions that followed her make it? Will she survive going through the p
Ekim
Sep 03, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
In the second book, we learn more about the cast. But also feels like there is a book missing between one and two. The story still lacks closer interaction and evolving friendships. I was hoping that by the second book there would be more contact between the protagonist and the others. It hints that some friendships have started but without any history it's hard to imagine them. Other than that the story is easy to read the words flow smoothly and its easy to read for a long time unlike this rev ...more
Mikael
Aug 13, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Okay so I'm really starting to love this series a lot, It's fun and amusing.
The plot twists are good perhaps a bit to many hints are dropped or a bit to obvious perhaps.
But what really sells this series for my part is the characters and their interactions and not to mention the world. Jade she flounders around struggling to get a bearing on her new life, and it's fun to follow her around as she does it.

I will definitely obtain book 3.
Zach Hull
Jan 16, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Better than the first

While annoyed by the non growth of the main character at the start of the book I was pleasantly surprised as it went on and by the end I was pleased. I am also very happy to see the world change and grow to something quite unique. Very excited to continue the story in book 3.
Caroline Palmer
Jan 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great

I am currently re-reading the series in anticipation of the upcoming book. I love the characters and writing. Stories keep you interested,and don't be k track on previous books. I have read other books and love this author.
Stacy
Dec 15, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I read this book immediately after finishing Cupcakes, Trinkets, and Other Deadly Magic and I have to say I love this book just as much as the first just! O am looking forward to reafing the rest of the series.
Kacie
Jan 08, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I think this book is better than the first. I feel like the author gave more details with the characters. I can’t wait to start reading the next book.
Melissa Goodall
Dec 02, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Really enjoying this series. Fun,light reading.
  • Of Flame and Promise (Weird Girls, #6, Flame #0.5)
  • Electric Moon (Raven Investigations, #2)
  • Demon Revealed (High Demon #2)
  • Misunderstood Miracles
  • Corrigan Politics (Corrigan, #4)
  • Invisible Power (Alex Noziak #2)
  • Death Embraces (Mortis, #2)
  • All Hell Breaks Loose (Hellcat, #2)
  • White as a Raven's Wing (InCryptid, #2.7)
  • Bloodsick (Scarlett Bernard, #0.1)
  • No More Black Magic (Here Witchy Witchy, #1)
  • Celebromancy (Ree Reyes, #2)
  • Alpha Knows Best (Wicked Good Witches #2)
  • Realm Walker (Realm Walker, #1)
  • Noir (Crimson Shadow, #1)
  • Forsaken by the Others (H&W Investigations, #5)
  • Touched (The Marnie Baranuik Files #1)
  • The M-Team (Maggie MacKay, Magical Tracker #5)
Meghan Ciana Doidge is an award-winning writer based out of Salt Spring Island, British Columbia, Canada. She has a penchant for bloody love stories, superheroes, and the supernatural. She also has a thing for chocolate, potatoes, and cashmere yarn.

Novels (in order of release): After The Virus, Spirit Binder, Time Walker, Cupcakes, Trinkets, and Other Deadly Magic (Dowser 1), Trinkets, Treasures,

The Dowser (8 books)
  • Cupcakes, Trinkets, and Other Deadly Magic (The Dowser #1)
  • Treasures, Demons, and Other Black Magic (The Dowser #3)
  • Shadows, Maps, and Other Ancient Magic (The Dowser #4)
  • Maps, Artifacts, and other Arcane Magic (The Dowser #5)
  • Artifacts, Dragons, and Other Lethal Magic (The Dowser #6)
  • Champagne, Misfits, and Other Shady Magic (The Dowser, #7)
  • Misfits, Gemstones, and Other Shattered Magic (The Dowser, #8)
“I might be able to walk away from sexy, dangerous shifters, but chocolate had me at its beck and call.” 11 likes
“I plan on bedding you, well and often.” 6 likes