Start by marking “Urge to Kill (DI Matt Turrell, #1)” as Want to Read:
Urge to Kill (DI Matt Turrell, #1)

Urge to Kill

(DI Matt Turrell #1)

‘Matt shivered at the odd mix of images. It was almost as if they had the copper’s nightmare to deal with - a child’s murder. Except this was no innocent child but a young woman, he would guess around twenty-two and with everything to live for. Though it was obvious she was a woman, the bows in her hair, her pink party dress and white ankle socks said she was a little ...more
Published July 10th 2012 by EarthTiger (first published June 24th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Urge to Kill, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Urge to Kill

Start your review of Urge to Kill (DI Matt Turrell, #1)
Linda
Mar 29, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Linda by: Won on good reads
Enjoyed this book, well written, look forward to more from this author, or a series with these characters. I think Lynda Kelly's review was a bit harsh.I've read new authors with worse editing, these were hardly noticeable and didn't distract from the story.
Jennie
Aug 17, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fast pace - good characterisation. Set in Warwickshire this promises to be a great series.
Rob Jinkerson
Aug 26, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: crime, thriller
A good crime thriller- super fast paced chapters at the end!
Michelle Andrew
Feb 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Gripping until the end

This book had me hooked from the start and didn't disappoint at all. Each character told the story though their eyes and all were lovable, even crazy Clive! Looking forward to reading more books from this author.
Jack
Nov 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
Suspenseful crime thriller which follows the mind of a killer as well as the detective inspector who's trying to catch him before he kills again.
Tania Walker
Nov 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
The ending had me on pins and needles!

This was a book I didn't want to put down. I had to know what happened next. I really enjoyed it!
David
Jul 14, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle
First book read by this author, will read more.
Black Butterfly
Jun 24, 2015 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: ADULTS
Recommended to Black Butterfly by: AMAZON
URGE TO KILL 7/3-4 4*
NEWLY WEDS DT TURELL & EPPIE FELL IN LOVE MARRIED QUICKLY (because they wanted to) NOW THEY ARE LEARNING EACH OTHER. MY MOM TOLD ME GOING TOGETHER IS NOT LIKE BEING MARRIED AND LIVING TOGTHER, HOW RIGHT SHE WAS. LOL! THE CHARACTERS WERE WELL DEVELOPED AND THE STORY LINE HAD A SCENE I WASN’T EXPECTING (mm) THAT SORT OF SURPRISED EVEN ME. I FEEL BAD SAYING THIS BUT I FELT SORRY FOR CLIVE IT MAY BE WRONG BUT I JUST COULDN’ HELP IT. SINCE THE STORY IS TOLD FROM TWO POV ONE
Lynda Kelly
Jan 22, 2013 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: deleted
This was a good story let down by rubbish editing for me. I kept almost giving up on it but persisted although it wasn't an enjoyable experience. There were loads of missed commas and apostrophe errors. Then lose instead of loose, solider instead of soldier, pouring instead of poring and my "favourite" was gear leaver......'nuff said, really.I didn't like the capitalisations of the words Love or Dear, either. No need for those.
The story itself was a good murder mystery but could be so much
Ellie Stevenson
Clive Draper thinks he can get away with murder - and he can. Only DI Turrell and his trusted team can stop Draper from killing again - but first they have to find the killer.

A detective novel with a unusual twist - we know who the killer is before the police do, but we don’t know if the police can stop him. And, who will be the next victim?

With tension up to the very last page, DI Turrell is a convincing detective who faces one of the biggest challenges of his career. Can he, his colleagues and
Alison
Aug 09, 2014 rated it did not like it
Clinched Tale

Clinched Tale

Sorry, but this book was one cliche after another. The murderer was glaringly apparent, with terrible pseudo-babble for motive. The writing was flat, and I found all characters unsympathetic and one-dimensional.
Mary MacKay
Mar 30, 2015 rated it liked it
Fairly Interesting

Can't seem to get used to the English way of speaking and method of doing things. Was a fairly good story even though some of the pages were missing. Ok if you just want to pass time.
Lisa Kinard
May 25, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Crazy Clive

Urge to kill was a very good read. I was into this story the entire time. I found myself laughing and liking Clive. Scary!! He was hilarious at times. Some of the words and sentences in the story confused me but overall, it was a good book.
John Mccrory
This was a pretty good book. Really liked how the author let you into the mind of the killer. It was a nice easy read that kept you interested throughout. Would buy books from this author. Recommended.
Jack
Sep 15, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a very good and well-written English murder mystery. It holds your interest from start to finish. Franklin has an economy of words with little or no sidetracking. If you like murder mysteries, you will like this one.
Dani
Jun 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Good book.

A little hard tough to get into but once things started happening it was a hard one to put down. The ending could have gone on a little differently but it was a good one either way.
Noland
Jun 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Good read

as a psycho therapist / addiction therapist I was very pleased how the author presented all parties. He fooled me in thinking I knew where this was all going; not easy to do. Good job.
TheCuriousDeer
The only reason I gave this 3 stars and not 2 was because the book was based in an area I am extremely fond of. The story itself wasn't tremendous and I would not bother reading it again.
cindy strader
Mar 25, 2015 rated it really liked it
Great story

Great characters,good story line This is the first time I have read JJ's
books I will read more of her books.
Jean
Aug 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great book, fast paced and very absorbing.hope to see more from this author and more from these characters.watch out Peter James, you have contender for your crown.
Russ Dick
Feb 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Well I liked it...

May not be everyone's cup of tea but a first rate British who-done-it with a couple of romances going on as the story builds suspense to a colossal ending.
Veronica
Nice easy enjoyable read. I enjoyed references to my home area.
Brittany Lee Naylor
Oct 24, 2014 rated it liked it
Not bad

Good story line but the ending could have been more exhilarating.. and what happened to fluff? Was she going to be okay..
Raquel Alicea
Jan 09, 2015 rated it really liked it
Excellent Read!!

If you like to be kept on the edge of your seat....this is the book for you. The characters are well defined and the action never slows down!
Pat
Bryan
Apr 11, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »

• In Her Eyes
  • Breaker (Charlie Cobb #1)
  • War Horse (War Horse, #1)
  • Fifty Shades Trilogy (Fifty Shades, #1-3)
  • The Facebook Killer: Part 1
  • Graveyard Games
  • The Frequency of Murder
  • The Facebook Killer: Part 2
  • Dead Pretty
  • Dating a Cougar (Never Too Late, #1)
  • The Only Plane in the Sky: An Oral History of September 11, 2001

DI Matt Turrell (2 books)
  • Echoes of Justice