Start by marking “The Foxhole Court (All for the Game, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Foxhole Court (All for the Game, #1)

The Foxhole Court

(All for the Game #1)

4.08  ·  Rating details ·  30,216 ratings  ·  4,333 reviews
Neil Josten is the newest addition to the Palmetto State University Exy team. He's short, he's fast, he's got a ton of potential—and he's the runaway son of the murderous crime lord known as The Butcher.

Signing a contract with the PSU Foxes is the last thing a guy like Neil should do. The team is high profile and he doesn't need sports crews broadcasting pictures of his fa
Published July 30th 2013 (first published January 15th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about The Foxhole Court, please sign up.
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
ian we're really gonna act like its not bad just because he "only kissed" neil,,,,,,, hmm okay
Nakishka It contains mature sexual content in The King's Men (#3) and also deals with very mature topics. There's explicit violence — torture scenes.

·  30,216 ratings  ·  4,333 reviews

Start your review of The Foxhole Court (All for the Game, #1)
Julio Genao
Jul 18, 2013 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: people who want to read a book like Gossip Girl but with more Y chromosomes and extra punching.
Shelves: bantha-poodoo
the book of no.

no, (view spoiler)

no, the NCAA would never permit (view spoiler)

no, (view spoiler)

no, you don't go from (view spoiler)
Lala BooksandLala
This was terrible. I must read more.

*book 30 of 30 in my 30 day reading challenge.
C.G. Drews
read 3 [janaury 2020]
starting off my year right with these idiots 😌rereads are the best for appreciating details you didn't catch the first times, and the biggest things I came away from with this reread were: (a) Neil genuinely forgetting people could be normal height after spending so long around Andrew, and (b) that oNE TIME Andrew protects Neil before they've even struck the deal 🥺what are these emotions, unasked for, i cannot.

read 2 [february 2019]
I am just here to raise both hands in the a
Alex ✰ Comets and Comments ✰
"I can see it. You've got that look in your eye that says you know where every exit to this dormitory is."

description

The Foxhole Court was definitely a surprise, wherein I didn't get anything that I was expecting. However, I got a lot of which I didn't even know I needed.

Note: All rights belong to the different artists that have created the (fucking amazing) fanart attached to this review.
__________

Meet The Foxes
"The Palmetto State University Foxes were a team of talented rejects and junki
Cristina Monica
Who needs a TV drama when you have The Foxhole Court?

Danger, intensity, sports, addiction, illegal activity, reckless characters… You have it all.

One thing you do not have, however, is this: romance. Not yet, anyway, though the author teases you here and there. The first time I picked it up, two years ago, I did so because I saw the theme ‘‘lgbt’’ in its book description, and I was desperately in need of a sexy gay ship.

And so when I read the first chapters and realized that no romance seemed to
Melanie
Jan 22, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Melanie by: chan ☆

“It's about second chances, Neil. Second, third, fourth, whatever, as long as you get at least one more than what anyone else wanted to give you.”

First and foremost, I want to thank May for giving me the emotional support I needed while reading this book:

Secondly, holy shit, I didn’t think I’d actually like this. What even is my life? Friends, I couldn’t put this down. I read it in 24 hours and no regrets were had. This was way darker than I expected, but I became so damn invested in
Lisa Johnson
Let me introduce you to my most recent obsession:

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

“Remember this feeling. This is the moment you stop being the rabbit.”

Oh, joy. I have gracefully avoided writing a review on any of these books until I have read them all, because I honestly couldn't stop reading until I was through with the whole trilogy.

Now I don't remember my feelings on this first book anymore because I am overwhelmed by the GREATNESS that is contained in the other two books.

So now, my review will consist of:

REASONS
♡ diasreads ♡
after what felt like 90 years after finishing this headache and slump-causing awful book, my tear-stained review is now up aaahhhhhh

First off, I just want to say that if you loved this book and you're my friend, there are no hard feelings for me. We all have different opinions and I hope you'll respect mine as I do yours. I still love you guys. Believe me when I say that I am deeply annoyed down to my soul that this book didn't work out for me. I was so ready to love this but shit happened.
Kai
Sep 27, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
“It’s not the world that’s cruel. It’s the people in it.”

Man, this book. I don't remember the last time a story captured me as much as this one did. I totally forgot about my surroundings, read till late at night and couldn't get enough. That's what makes for a great book.

The many characters and the fact that I've never read a sports book before confused me in the beginning. But especially the characters. They are mean, have hidden motives and complicated pasts.
Andrew is the biggest bully on the
Warda
Jan 03, 2019 marked it as dnf
DNF at 48%.
This book wasn't doing anything for me at all. No attachment was formed to the story or characters, so I quit.

---------------------

It's free.
Naturally, I bought it.
jessica
first rule (and blatant common sense) for reading stories about a sports team: make sure you like sports.
ooops. my bad.

but ignoring the silly made-up sport of exy, choppy and inconsistent mess of writing, lack of plot, and confusing details, i actually really bonded with neil!?? like, im pretty sure hes now my son and i will see no harm done to him ever.

i have a feeling that the next book is going to be better in terms of story and pacing, so im willing to keep going with the series, if only f
Helena of Eretz ✰
Buddy Read, Part One with Alison! ;)

Actual rating: 2.5 stars

description

I'm sorry; I had to! xD (In case you DID want to know...foxes bark like dogs!)

Calling this a gay mafia sports romance trilogy is a pretty accurate description!

It's about Neil, who is a player of this really weird sport called Exy (more on that later), who is recruited by the worst-ranked team in their division (the Foxes), which is comprised of a band of seriously messed up misfits (especially that nutter, Andrew)...while simultaneousl
may ➹
I forgot how outstandingly Meh this first book is compared to the other two how did I have the motivation to keep reading the next books
Lia (booksnpenguins)
Thinking about it twice, and at the risk of getting lynched hardcore side-eyed forever, I must admit that I didn't like this as much as I thought I would.
I don't know, we just didn't...click.
The writing was a bit meh and the characters...well, they weren't awful (or were they?) but let's say I'm not exactly a fan.
All my friends seem to like/adore/worship this series, and then there's me. Not giving an absolute darn.
Takes all sorts, I guess.
What can I say, c'est la vie.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Professional Reader
10 Book Reviews
Reviews Published
Mary ~Ravager of Tomes~
Apr 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: year-2017, 4-star, lgbt
This novel is about Neil Josten.

✘ Freshmen at Palmetto State University.
✘ Hiding from his ruthless, crime boss father.
✘ Obsessed with Exy.
✘ Runs faster than you.

Generally when someone says "This book reads like fanfiction," that is not a compliment. It usually means one or more of the following things:

- The characters are unbelievable.
- The main character is a self-insert and/or they are the epitome of perfection.
- Typos. Grammatical Errors. Misspellings.
- The plot is nonexistent or poorly
✨    jamieson   ✨
Decided to delete my original review bc it was trash
I love my boys so much. It was so interesting reading this back and understanding it so much more. The first time I was so confused by everyones motivations and why they were the way they are. Makes a lot more sense now.
riko please choke

review to come
Grace (BURTSBOOKS)
I'm not even sure if I liked this but I do know IM HYPE AS HELL FOR THE SECOND BOOK RTC
♡ ᴅ ʀ ᴇ ᴀ ᴍ ♡
Oct 14, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: lgbtq
❥ 3 / 5 stars

oh god i have no idea where i should begin. there are lots of mixed feelings about it and it’s really hard to review. so, please don’t mind me if this review got a bit messy.

first of all, i think it must be my mistake that i have so little knowledge of sports which is the reason why i couldn’t get into this book as much as i should. so this one i blame myself then not the book. but the thing that i want more from the author is the explanation about ‘exy’ thing. i read until the end
Whitney Atkinson
This book was a fucked up mess. I debated DNF'ing at 60% but decided to skim read the rest to see if anything redeemable would happen, but nope. i'm so angry i don't even feel like going into what a trash fire this was.
Yonaily
How did this book managed to get so much popularity on tumblr??? It is simply a joke, a not even well-written piece of a book that doesn't just lack of an actual plot but has the most boring, mind-blowingly annoying as f*ck characters I've met in a while. I congratulate myself for reading the entire thing.

Emma
Oct 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I initially read the Foxhole Court because people always compare it to the Raven Cycle which I love. And those people were right, but pretty early in the book I started to love it for what it is not just because it's similar to trc. These characters are complex and messy and so is their world. No, this isn't a book with magic, but it has crime lords, murderous fathers, and lovable teenage psychos. We follow one sports team's arc from people who are a danger to each other to people who protect ea ...more
Mel
Reread 2018: Listen it’s 11:57 and I have 3 pages left. I finished it before midnight even if I had half a page left.

I just needed to be back here with these characters.

————————————————————

Reread 2017: I forgot how slow this first book is. I love it, and it's essential for the whole trilogy, but on its own it does not offer much. I will say though this book holds its own in the trilogy because without a strong start this series would fall apart.

------------------------------------------------
Ais
Okay. Let me just say. This book is awesome. I pretty much fell in love with it from the beginning and I was happy to see that my affection for it didn't waver at all throughout.

Anyone who knows me probably knows I really love dark and twisted things. I really love to get to know what makes a character tick, and why do they react as they do, and along those lines I love seeing said reactions and getting the reason for it later rather than being told from the start what everything means. I love f
|3.5 stars|

This was such an interesting book! I’m excited to read more about the foxes.

{Review to come}
chan ☆
"Welcome home, Neil."

description

I'll start by saying I absolutely fell in love with this book and this series and finished all of them in 3 days. This series is about a fictional sport, relationships, and INTRIGUE. Honestly I'm horrible at plot descriptions but I think this book works better if you go into it knowing as little as possible. Because non-sports fans will still probably love this even though that's a component of it.

The most special thing about this book for me was the complicated characteriza
Sara➽ Ink Is My Sword
Apr 01, 2018 rated it did not like it
1 “DISAPPOINTMENT” Stars
”It’s not the world that’s cruel,” Neil said. “It’s the people in it.”

Buddy reading this with my personal Monty😍

The expectation is a horrible thing, I realized while reading this book. The funny thing is that I wasn’t expecting awesome things because many people hate it. I was just expecting sport, m/m romance, and somehow a bit of darkness involved. Did I get what I asked? NO. Therefore I look like this everytime I talk or think about it:
description

It’s funny for me to think ba
love, tappkalina
4.75 ✰

20 September 2019

Two words: Neil. Josten. ♡

10 June 2020

"Remember this feeling. This is the moment you stop being the rabbit."

This is the book that understands me the best. Neil is the person I can relate to the most. Of course we don't have the same background, but I still see myself in him.
Especially the "I don't believe in family." part.
I don’t believe blood makes family and I cry every time someone who doesn’t have anyone finds a family for themself.
Everyone has that one book tha
andee
Jan 26, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4/5 Stars

Starting this book I had very high expectations based on all the hype around this series and I was definitely not disappointed.

The characters are very interesting to read about, they are complex and complicated which makes you want to continue reading.

I'm not the biggest fan of sport which made it difficult to enjoy the Exy scenes but after a while, I started really getting into them.

This book didn't have much romance which I enjoyed even though I prefer my books to have romance.

A boo
Wendy
re-read..again..and it's still just as awesome !!

Freaking awesome !!! Thank you Susan !

(I have posted my review with book 3)

• Captive Prince: Volume Two (Captive Prince, #2)
  • Captive Prince (Captive Prince, #1)
  • Kings Rising (Captive Prince, #3)
  • Blue Lily, Lily Blue (The Raven Cycle, #3)
  • The Raven King (The Raven Cycle, #4)
  • The Dream Thieves (The Raven Cycle, #2)
  • Wolfsong (Green Creek, #1)
  • The Raven Boys (The Raven Cycle, #1)
  • Call Down the Hawk (Dreamer Trilogy, #1)
  • Wayward Son (Simon Snow, #2)
  • Carry On (Simon Snow, #1)
  • Red, White & Royal Blue
  • Heartstopper: Volume Three (Heartstopper, #3)
  • Heartstopper: Volume One (Heartstopper, #1)
  • Heartstopper: Volume Two (Heartstopper, #2)
  • Opal (The Raven Cycle, #4.5)
  • The Summer Palace (Captive Prince Short Stories, #2)
  • Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe (Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe, #1)
Happy New Year, lovies. I do not use this account, so I am sorry for any & all missed messages. ...more

All for the Game (3 books)
  • The Raven King (All for the Game, #2)
  • The King's Men (All for the Game, #3)