Start by marking “Il nostro infinito momento” as Want to Read:
Il nostro infinito momento

Il nostro infinito momento

3.21  ·  Rating details ·  8,635 Ratings  ·  1,387 Reviews
Per tutta la vita Wren Gray non ha fatto altro che compiacere i genitori, fino a far coincidere i suoi desideri con i loro. Ma ora che il giorno del diploma si sta avvicinando, Wren si rende conto che qualcosa è cambiato in lei, che forse è arrivato il momento di cercare la sua strada, di seguire il suo istinto e i suoi sogni. Ma non è facile capire che cosa desidera veram ...more
Hardcover, Anagramma #215, 283 pages
Published November 21st 2013 by Newton Compton (first published August 27th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Il nostro infinito momento, please sign up.
CapesandCovers This is YA Contemporary fiction. If you listen to what Elena said you should be able to find the genre(s) in the future.

Rainbowheart
Mar 27, 2014 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
This is quite possibly the most sexist and anti-feminist YA romance I’ve ever read, and that’s saying something. Such a disappointment, and so totally not what I would have ever expected from Lauren Myracle.

Bear with me, ‘cause this is going to be long, but I think the author’s regressive treatment of gender and sexuality warrants serious examination. There’s so much wrong with this book that it’s hard to even know where to begin. There’s a lot wrong besides all the sexism, but since I can't add
Julie
Mar 26, 2015 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2015-books
His fingers, splayed against the stars, seemed . . . more than. More than fingers. More than a part, or parts, of a whole. Just as one plus one is more than two, she thought, not knowing where the idea sprang from, or why.

AND THE SHITSHOW BEGINS!

Ladies and gentleman, step right up. Hand in your tickets, grab your popcorn, grab your crucifix, and grab your happy drugs, because you are about to enter The Infinite Moment of Us. Sweet title, right? Hahahaha - WRONG. Fun fact! Did you know The Inf
♥Rachel♥
Jul 02, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5 Stars.

The Infinite Moment of Us was a dreamy sort of romance, and yet, one that felt a little bittersweet to me.

Wren Gray has been living a life mostly carved out by her parent’s dreams. She has been a model daughter with excellent grades and a focus mostly on school. Yet, Wren is done with that, she doesn’t want to live a future molded and decided on by her parents. Instead of going onto the parent approved college, Wren’s applied to and been accepted into a Peace Core type of group, volu
Patty Dohle
Jul 28, 2013 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Here’s the good news. I read it all the way through, and it read easily, and from a teen’s perspective will get you hooked in no time.

But. When it comes to the target audience, I found myself a bit confused.

It’s written for young adults, but it should definitely come with some sort of disclaimer or parental advisory sticker. There was a somewhat flippant note by the author explaining that there’s sex in it, and hey-ho, kids nowadays will be kids (of the sexually curious and active type). And w
Cait • A Page with a View
Oh wow, that was not what I wanted to read. The writing was very average, the plot was cliche, and the characters were unrealistic and lacked any depth. I'd say it could use more development overall, but it was just... not that great of a story to start with.

The plot description pretty much covers it all, so I'm not even going into what this was about. Basically, the entire story revolved around a hollow romance and I felt NOTHING.

I felt like I was losing brain cells reading most parts, honest
Cara
This book is a giant cheeseball. You know the puffy chip kind that try to act like Cheetos? It looks like it's gonna taste so good but it only last for a little while and then you realize it's just full of air, no nutrients, and disappointment. I'm sorry to admit that reading this book felt like that to me.

So premise first. Wren Gray has always done what her parents has told her. But now she is wondering if what her parents want for her, and want she wants for herself actually matches up. It fe
Lucy
A brief summary of The Infinite Moment of Us:
Girl decides to stop living for her parents. Girl meets guy. Girl decides to start living for guy instead.

In a brief foreword by the author, Myracle promises that The Infinite Moment of Us is a love story exploring “true intimacy and vulnerability” and “the mingling of Charlie and Wren’s souls”. Unfortunately, I found the love story forgettable and the connection between the two main characters weak.

There’s little else to the story other than the roma
Lexi Mason
May 26, 2015 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: chick-lit, bad
this is one of the worst books i've ever read in my life
Tiff at Mostly YA Lit
Jun 20, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: 16+, mature young adults
Shelves: romance
This is a good summer read - and not just because it's set IN the summer. Myracle captures that hazy summer, perfect-life feeling you get when you first fall in love and nothing matters but you, your significant other, and being together all the time. I was taken back to my first relationship and to the innocence of thinking that everything would be perfect - and that's a beautiful thing to feel in the summertime.

No review would be complete without mentioning that this is a sexy book - there is
kari
Oct 06, 2013 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: childrens-books, ya, 2013
If you read my updates, you'll know where this review is going and it isn't good.
I have to start out with the actual writing style. It is very choppy with so much thought and memories during conversations that I'd lose the train of what was being said and when the dialogue finally picked up again, I'd have to search back to where this particular derailment began to find my way back to the thread. I don't know if this is particular to this story or if this is typical for this author as this is my
Crystal
Dec 22, 2013 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction, young-adult
If I had to read one more time about how hard the main character's nipples were, I would've tossed the book across the room. Awkward sex scenes for a YA novel, plus the characters of Wren and Charlie just weren't believable to me. And a cop-out ending.
A.C. Gaughen
Jun 02, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
LOVED THIS BOOK.

I waited (happily!) in line at BEA to get this ARC, and it was the first book I read upon leaving the Javits. I was excited for it, and I was absolutely not disappointed.

My gut reaction to the first half was this unbelievable YES. Yes--Myracle gets it. She gets love, she gets teenagers, she gets sexual attraction and the way love is different than that, but complementary, incendiary, and intense when combined with love.

She gets the way girls think--I heard so many of my own th
Lucy Powrie
You can read more of my reviews at Queen of Contemporary

It really does pain me to write this review because I was so hopeful that this book would be something special and sweet. Sadly, I was very disappointed and I couldn’t finish the book. For that reason, my review will only reflect the 33% of the book that I did read.
The Infinite Moment of Us is about a girl called Wren whose life is commanded by her parents. Tell her to jump off a cliff, and she’ll go do it. Wren was so infuriating and I jus
Silvia
Mar 04, 2014 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
This book taught me 2 lessons: 1- Titles can be deceiving. 2- Books about teenagers can be still terrible.

I don’t know what I was expecting with this book, since so many YA contemporary books are so good, but this is one of the biggest disappointments I’ve ever had. The way it was written was terrible: childish, pathetic, the use of description poor and slow, it was mostly dialogue and I just don’t understand how this was published since it seems like it was written by a 13 year old. No, wait, I
Kelly (and the Book Boar)
 photo sig_zpsf6b7a951.png

2.5 Stars

Wren and Charlie meet at an inopportune time. They are both graduating high school and heading separate ways. Charlie will be attending Georgia Tech and Wren will be headed to Guatemala to volunteer for a year with a Peace Corps type organization. This book follows their summer spent together – falling in love and questioning when will it end, or can it really be infinite?

Okay, this is a solid 2-star book, but I’m giving it an extra half star just for the title and cover. Shallow, much
Jen Ryland
The Infinite Moment of Us is about a summer romance between two recent high school graduates, Charlie and Wren.

This sounded like the kind of character-driven realistic YA fiction I love but I wasn't crazy about the dynamic of the romantic relationship.

Wren's been accepted early decision to Emory and won a merit scholarship, but doesn't want any of that, because that's what her overbearing parents want her to do. So she lies to her parents and turns Emory down and applies for a volunteer program
Katy
Aug 18, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
2 for first half & 4 for latter half - It started out rough but ended up being one of those books that you stepped back and think, "Hey, it's actually pretty good."

I wasn't crazy about the book at first because Wren and Charlie were your typical, cliche characters - nothing special. I didn't care for Wren in any way, and even though I totally understand what she's going through, the way she was portrayed made me unsympathetic to her case. And I think Myracle tried way too hard to make Charli
Yoda
The Infinite Moment of Us is a tricky book to review there were a lot of parts I did like and even more that I didn't really care for that could've been left out.
Heather
2 stars seems harsh, this one would be more like 2.5 maybe even 2.75 in some parts.

This was my first Lauren Myracle book, and although I have heard so many wonderful things about Shine, The Infinite Moment of us was a disappointing read for me.

If I had to pinpoint why exactly, I think it would be lack of connection to the main characters. This book is not plot driven. It's character driven, the story of two unlikely people meeting and forming an emotional and physical relationship. It is told i
Kelly
Jul 02, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Remember what Judy Blume did in Forever? Imagine that in a new era.

Myracle's book is an honest, touching story about a girl discovering what love is for the first time and learning what it means from the inside out. But what takes this book a step further is that it's also about a boy discovering he has many capacities for love, too. It's a book that is frank and authentic about sexuality and what it means to be a person who has challenges -- be them big ones or small ones.

Longer review to com
Ayşenur Mutluel
Apr 30, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: no one
Shelves: e-books
Kocaman ama kocaman bir hayal kırıklığı...

Arka kapağını okuduktan sonra DEVASA bir aşk hikayesi okuyacağımı sandım ama fos çıktı. O kadar klasik bir aşk kitabıydı ki anlatamam. Wren liseden mezun olmasına az kalmış, okulun en popüler kızıyla yakın arkadaş ve lise boyunca TABİ Kİ ERKEK ARKADAŞI OLMAMIŞ. Şaşırdık mı?
Hayır. Sürekli düşündüğü bir çocuk var. Ne gariptir ki bu çocukta durmadan Wren'i düşünüyor. Ve yine ne gariptir ki Charlie "kaslı ve yakışıklı" Evet u-bunu Wren söylüyor bize. Kitapta
Trisha
Jun 12, 2016 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
"The rest of July was hot and sweaty and so were Charlie and Wren."

I really tried to think of this book as first love. Sweet and all encompassing - making you jealous of stupid things, get mad and selfish and possessive. I really did.

But I just....couldn't. This book felt so inappropriate for the age range that can get their hands on it. My 17 year old would roll eyes at the first half and have dropped it for the 2nd half grossness. The description and details - just yuck.

My 11 year old 7th grad
Gamze
Jan 15, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
"Charlie kendini bildi bileli hayatındaki yetişkinlerin ona hep iki şey söylediklerini hatırlıyordu. Onu inciten yetişkinler dünyaya başarısız olmak için geldiğini ve bu şekilde öleceğini; ona yardım etmek isteyenler ise rüyalarının peşinden giderse her şeyi yapabileceğini söylemişlerdi.

Charlie yıllar boyunca bu iki bakış açısını da reddetmiş ve hayatın risk almak olduğuna inanmıştı. 'İyi' ve 'kötü' yoktu. Büyük bir resim yoktu. Yalnız doğar ve yalnız ölürdün. Eğer şanslıysan belki bu yolda bir
caren

In Lauren Myracle’s The Infinite Moment of Us, we meet Wren. A senior in high school who’s about to graduate. She’s lived a pretty sheltered life, and up until now, she hasn’t even had a boyfriend. Now that school’s over, though, she’s decided her life belongs to her and nobody else. She’s finally going to make choices on her own, which include deferring college for a year and setting off to Guatemala as a volunteer for Project Unity, where she’ll be teaching English to young children.

Those choi
Jenn
Such a pretty cover... I wanted to really like this one, and for a bit, I thought that I would fall head over heels in love with it. I was ‘oohing’ and ‘awwwing’ pretty much through the first few chapters. Then somewhere, about halfway through it, I realized we were just going to have a ‘like’ relationship.

Feelings are like three-year-olds. They’re not rational. They’re just there.

The Infinite Moment of Us is the love story of Wren and Charlie. Wren is an only child who comes from a life of pri
Cassandra (Thebookishcrypt)
Lauren completely took me by surprise. I had geared myself up to read a typical YA novel but I soon found out that it was more New Adult than YA... and it was pretty fantastic! It was an amazing surprise, one that I hope happens to me more often.
Anyway, this book follows Wren, an 18 year old who has parents that dictate about every part of her life. Her insecurities have taken over her life and she's trying to detach herself from her parents' hips by moving away after summer. I was okay and symp
Leahxx
Jul 28, 2015 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Where was the depth to this book? I didn't think there was any real meaning to it at all. It was just, I don't want to say dumb but I'm going to say it, just a dumb love story. I wasn't taken away by this book at all. In fact, I was disappointed.
Everything happened much too fast. There is no way you fall that madly in love with someone for real in that short amount of time, the loose ends were sloppily tied at the end of the book. I didn't like the two main characters. Wren was selfish. She was
Heather
Sep 08, 2014 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2014
Oh to be young and feel the thrill of experiencing love, lust and miscommunication for the first time. Bitterness hasn't taken hold, nor have the lessons learned from past mistakes as those mistakes have yet to happen. It's an awkward, exciting and vulnerable emotional/mental state...and it has the tendency to make us more than a little stupid. I'd like to say it gets better with age, but adulthood does not remedy the idiocy of love's keen sting.

The Infinite Moment of Us does a great job of disp
Meg
Aug 03, 2013 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Where is the depth of intimacy and intense soulful connection between the two teen lovers the author promises in her "disclaimer"? It's not just about the sex, she is saying. Yeah, it seems it kind of is, since the whole plot of the novel is "when are they gonna get it on??", building up to some steamy interludes. That is the entire plot, with maybe a little action thrown in at the end, which seemed tacked on for no reason. Wren really annoyed me, too. She's a perfect little miss thing, but can ...more
  • Cherry Money Baby
  • Goodbye, Rebel Blue
  • Living with Jackie Chan (Jumping Off Swings, #2)
  • The Boy on the Bridge
  • Starry Nights
  • Taste Test
  • Heartbeat
  • TMI
  • I'm With Stupid (Stupid Fast, #3)
  • You Look Different in Real Life
  • Five Summers
  • Chasing Shadows
  • Until It Hurts to Stop
Lauren Myracle is the author of numerous young adult novels. She was born in 1969 in North Carolina. Lauren Myracle holds an MA in English from Colorado State University and an MFA in Writing for Children and Young Adults from Vermont College. she has written many novels, including the famous IM books, ttyl, ttfn, and l8r, g8r.

Her first novel, Kissing Kate, was selected as one of ALA's "Best Books
More about Lauren Myracle

Young Adult Deals

• Beneath the Shine
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Time's Divide (The Chronos Files, #3)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Greensleeves
  • Gilded (Gilded, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Infinity Lost (The Infinity Trilogy #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Timebound (The Chronos Files, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Banished of Muirwood (Covenant of Muirwood, #1)
  • Keeping You a Secret
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Fractured (Guards of the Shadowlands, #2)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • Gena/Finn
    $13.99 $1.99
  • The Queen's Poisoner (Kingfountain, #1)
  • Trusting You & Other Lies
    $10.99 $1.99
  • Touch of Eternity (The Curse #1)
  • Dragon Rider
    $5.99 $1.99
  • The Traitor's Kiss (The Traitor's Circle, #1)
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Flush
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Dreadnought (Nemesis, #1)
  • A Totally Awkward Love Story
    $7.99 $1.99
  • The Fire Queen (The Hundredth Queen, #2)
  • Go: A Coming of Age Novel
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Wishing Spell (The Land of Stories, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Better Nate Than Ever (Better Nate Than Ever #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Sanctum (Guards of the Shadowlands, #1)
  • Time Bomb
  • Kissing Max Holden
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Dryad-Born (Whispers from Mirrowen, #2)
  • Silvern (Gilded #2)
  • You Know Me Well
    $7.09 $2.99
  • Some Fine Day
  • Mystic (Mystic, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Almost Girl (The Riven Chronicles, #1)
  • Uprooted
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Ciphers of Muirwood (Covenant of Muirwood, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Amid Stars and Darkness (The Xenith Trilogy #1)
  • Otherkin
  • The Odds of Loving Grover Cleveland
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Thief's Daughter (Kingfountain, #2)
    $5.99 $1.99
“It's what you feel, and guess what? Feelings are like three-year-olds. They're not rational. They're just there.” 18 likes
“Sometimes the things we hide—aren’t they the parts of us that matter most?” 11 likes