Start by marking “Out of Time - Five Tales of Time Travel” as Want to Read:
Out of Time - Five Tales of Time Travel

Out of Time - Five Tales of Time Travel

Five new and original stories exploring the wonders and perils of time travel.
Individuals rewriting their own pasts.
Brave souls safeguarding the world today from yesterday.
Fools tampering with Einstein's laws of physics.
Here are adventures that offer readers humanity at its best and worst.
100% of royalties donated to Doctors Without Borders.
Published December 14th 2013 (first published February 1st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Out of Time - Five Tales of Time Travel, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Out of Time - Five Tales of Time Travel

Tommy Carlson
Mar 31, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
So, a friend of mine, who is an excellent writer, was in this wee collection of time travel stories. And I bought a copy and read it and then didn't write a review in a timely manner. Then she pestered me about it, so here is it, a bit late...

Out of Time

Out of Time is a small-ish collection of five time travel stories. It's cheap, at 99 cents, and 100% of sales proceeds are donated to Doctors Without Borders, so, y'know, just go buy it, eh?

Oh, wait, you want to know if it's any good. Well, yeah,
Mar 29, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this collection of stories. Each had at least one or two small plot points, details, or predictions about time travel that didn't sit quite right with me, but of course it's a highly subjective topic and wide open to interpretation. All were interesting takes on time travel and compelling stories, but I thought the one by (disclaimer, my friend) Teresa Robeson was exceptional in that it was a much more emotionally charged, and driven story than the rest. All in all, I great read ...more
Monica
Apr 02, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved it! The writers did a great job in creating fantastic storylines and believable characters. My favourite story was the fourth one which made me cry like a baby. I've got a longer review of this book on Amazon.
Jun 25, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book includes five great short stories that all involve some aspect of time travel. As with any collection, some of the stories are better than others. Yet none of these five stories is terrible by any means. In fact, some of these stories pack a bigger punch in just a few pages than some of the full-length time travel novels I have read (and there have been many). If you are looking for a quick entertaining read and you love time travel, then I would highly recommend this book. Plus, all o ...more
Marion
Jun 25, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great stories.
Catherine Cavendish
Jan 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing
A collection of five very different stories but with one central theme - time travel. This is a great anthology of SciFi - the proceeds of which go entirely to Doctors without Borders, which is a pretty decent thing for the authors to do. Within these pages lurk some pretty unsavoury characters with evil on their mind - and all the time in the world to exercise it - plus some fascinating premises.

If I had to pick a favourite, I would probably go for 'Boomerang' by Russell James - an author whos
Cayleigh
Aug 12, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-2014
Enjoyed this a lot, some great time travel stories!

Unfillable Void by Teresa Robeson was my favorite of the stories. The story of a woman who turns to time travel to get more time with her mother before she dies at the cost of her marriage to a good man. Very sad and touching at the same time.

Boomerang by Russell James was also a favorite. The people sent back in time to create diaries of the time for study in the future, while not the main focus of the story, the idea stayed with me. What a lo
Justine
Jan 27, 2014 rated it really liked it
An enjoyable set of sci-fi short stories in my favourite genre, time-travel. My favourite was the first one, 'The Paths We Choose' by Paul Siluch. Remember, all proceeds to 100% of royalties donated to Doctors Without Borders.
Brian
Feb 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Five great stories about time travel.
I enjoyed all of them, but Boomerang and Unfillable Void where the ones I enjoyed most.

Alex Jackl
May 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Fun and well done

Fun and well done

Some of the stories don't make sense but most do and good story telling. I would love more of these.
PapaTrain
Dec 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing
It's time again

All 5 stories are very well written and enjoyable. A couple of them I would have liked to be longer.
Bert
This is a pretty mixed bag. "The Paths We Choose" has an interesting premise, but the story's too obvious. "Widow in the Woods" shows promise, but frustratingly ends on a cliffhanger. "A Thousand Different Copies" is just confusing--the author might know what's going on, but I don't.

The last two are the best. "Unfillable Void" is a tragic story of obsession that hits you in the heart, while "Boomerang" is a fun little adventure that I wish was expanded. They're the stories that make this a three
Chris Meads
May 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: adult, sci-fi, young-adult
This book contains five different stories by five different authors. They are very well written and keep you on the edge of your seat. I thoroughly loved each story--they were all different and each story will make you think that maybe some day.......

Each author is donating all their proceeds from this book to Doctors Without Borders. I recommend this book to those who like short stories as well as sci-fi.
Sylvia
Mar 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: science-fiction
I really enjoyed these well written and mind-bending time travel stories. My favorite is Teresa Robeson's poignant story, "Unfillable Void" about the lengths a woman will go to learn about and be with her deceased mother. Each of the other stories are all thought provoking and interesting. A worthy read and the proceeds go to a great cause.
May 21, 2016 rated it really liked it
Decent story collection

Only one stinker in the lot. Four of the five were enjoyable. Nothing too mind bending or innovative, but each had its charms.
Suzan
Jun 05, 2016 rated it liked it
Five fairly interesting stories, by what looks like it might be a writer's group from British Columbia. None of them highly memorable, but a pleasant way to pass the time and none that were awful.
Jane Alden
Sep 01, 2014 rated it did not like it
OUT OF TIME - five tales of time travel

this book was disappointing. they were not full length stories. it give it one star. it should be removed from your list.
John and Debbie Sattgast