Start by marking “Saga #1” as Want to Read:
Saga #1

Saga #1

(Saga (Single Issues) #1)

4.16  ·  Rating details ·  43,155 ratings  ·  1,044 reviews
Star Wars-style action collides with Game of Thrones-esque drama in this original sci-fi/fantasy epic for mature readers, as new parents Marko and Alana risk everything to raise their child amidst a never-ending galactic war.
Published March 14th 2012 by Image Comics (first published March 1st 2012)

·  43,155 ratings  ·  1,044 reviews

Nick
Jan 11, 2015 rated it really liked it
Saga this is for you:

description
Karina
May 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-in-2015
One huge problem I had with this is that it ended way too quickly. I need more, I need it now.
Michael Finocchiaro
This is one of my very favorite graphic novel series. This first volume of Saga starts out as a kind of scifi Romeo and Juliet story told by the progeny of the two protagonists, but the story is actually far more than that and this introduction to their universe is a page-turning masterpiece with extraordinary artwork and a fun plot!
Sandra
Sep 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Wow.
That was something. I was so not expecting these things, just on the first issue.

I want more!!! I definitely want more! :)

PS: Not recommended for readers below 18.
Rizwan
Sci-fi, fantasy, romance, adventure, humor, suspense, action, magic, inter-galactic war, space-opera... All at a perfect harmonious balance in a beautifully illustrated and visually captivating comic-book form with writer Brian K. Vaughan's usual wonderfully addictive storytelling and instantly likable, thoughtful characterizations. And everything combining in a rich, engrossing world of mythology mixing both Science-Fiction and Fantasy. What more do I need?

Saga, I think this is the beginning o
Elizabeth
Mar 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Cleverly told, wonderful characters, beautiful art - a perfect first foray into graphic novels. Can't wait to read the next instalment.
Claudia
Aug 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing
My first graphic novel read from a to z. I did a few tries before but never was I drawn into comics: either I didn’t like the drawings, or I found the dialogues stupid; until now.

The thing that made me started it in the first place is that it isn’t suffocated by too many scenes on a single page and too many words on it. It has space, you can breathe read and get to enjoy each line, colour and letter.

I really am surprised by how much I enjoyed it: awesome graphic art, characters you get attached
dania
Mar 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: sci-fi, comic, 2018
Dennis
Mar 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
Recommended to Dennis by: Trish (to be perfectly honest, it was more blackmail than a recommendation)
Somebody description suggested I should read this. Because apparently I would risk the nerd police coming after me to arrest my stupid little ass if I didn’t. This may or may not have something to do with them receiving an anonymous call by (view spoiler)

I’m always open to friendly suggestions, of course. So I decided to give it a try.

Honestly, I don’t know a f------ thing about comics. So I can’t and won’t go into much detail and completely embarrass myself in front of the comic
Theresa
Nov 04, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fantasy
Read: November 5, 2014
This has hilarious dialogue, awesomely drawn characters and a surprisingly captivating plot... I'm hooked and I want moar :D

Re-Read: July 20-21, 2015
⊱ Poppy ⊰
Oct 09, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2016, reviewed, manga
SO GOOD!!

I didn't know that Manga was that good!!

I finally popped my manga cherry. :D lol

and it didn't disappointed me at all. Loved the graphics.

I'm really curious to Know about our little jem Hazel

I think her story will start with the one who will kill her parents.

My gut feelings. :P

Lee
Mar 01, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: graphic
Now that is how a graphic novel should read. That was very enjoyable. I could well get into graphic novels if there was more of this stuff around.

The art work was really well done and i thoroughly loved getting to know our two main characters. The artist attention to detail was awesome and you could really sense the mood of the scene from the character expressions or implied movement.

This had it all for me, great story line, lots of one line humour, sci fi setting, bit of debauchery and a great
JAIME
Mar 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-2015
I just read this in my lunch break AND LOVED IT!

MORE.
Laurita  Mizz
Apr 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Amazing!!
Komal
May 16, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: comics-manga
This was my first experience with a graphic novel. I'd read several manga before, but to see huge, fleshy coloured pages with characters who, for once, are devoid of big eyes and huge grins was a gust of fresh air. Now, I don't know a thing about graphic novels and have little idea about what specific factors and particular issues to look for and comment on in one, therefore my review would be somewhat spontaneous and trying its best to tackle this new face of entertainment.

Saga opens with a dra
Ahmad
Aug 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing
A standing ovation!!!
This comic deserves a standing ovation!!!
A-M-A-Z-I-N-G
I loved the art of it!
Love the colors!
And most importantly a epic story! Loved loved the story!
Oh and the characters are amazing!
Wow I really really enjoyed this book it was magnificent!
Can't wait to read volume two!!!
Negativni
Nov 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing
“If there's an opposite of a honeymoon, it's the week after a couple's first child is born.”
― Brian K. Vaughan, Saga, Volume 1

Kakav početak serijala!

Brian K. Vaughan does it again!
Jessica
Jul 10, 2014 rated it really liked it
This graphic novel was so weird... but I liked it. I need the second volume!
Lindsay
Jun 29, 2014 rated it it was ok
I am a comic book fan. I love comic books, graphic novels, you name it. Especially when it comes to things outside of the big 2. I also love romance stories and adventures set in space. Which is why I was so excited to pick up Saga. Perhaps my expectations were set a bit too high.

The big positive on the book is the artwork. The lines and colors are fantastic and compellingly convey the emotional landscape of the book. The plot, however, feels too disconnected and indulgent. There doesn't seem t
Crystal Starr Light
Thanks to a local comic bookstore for giving me this complimentary comic.

It's the first issue of a new series, a cross between Star Wars and A Game of Thrones. And I really liked it. So much diversity of characters, setting, design. Gritty artwork. Fascinating story and scintillating characters.

Now I need to find the rest of the series!
Alex
Oct 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I'm out of words..
This... Is... So... Fucking... Good!

Why Haven't I discovered this sooner!?

description
Lisa
Jan 10, 2015 rated it really liked it
My first graphic novel and I really enjoyed it. Super fast read, imaginative characters and a good laugh. I will definitely be reading the next in this series.
Victoria (victoriashaz)
Mar 24, 2015 rated it really liked it
I loved this! A great first volume to what everyone says is an incredible series, I'm eager to continue reading!
Louisa
Jul 21, 2015 rated it really liked it
Recommended to Louisa by: Elaine
Really fucking weird and genuinely LOL-worthy and literally out of this world. Also, I need a copy of "A Night Time Smoke" now.
Luv
Feb 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
Great start to what seems to be an interesting series
Hazel (Stay Bookish)
Actual rating: 4.5

LOVED
- Marko and Alana
- Also they named their kid Hazel which is perfect (I'm biased obv)
- Love the dialogue and humor
- Very interesting world
- I want to read more!!!!!
Kimi
Mar 11, 2014 rated it did not like it
Shelves: adult, comics, i-hate-this
I am very aware that I'm the one freak who doesn't like this book. I hate hate HATE Romeo and Juliet stories and I wouldn't have read this had I known that this was basically Romeo in Juliet in space with aliens. My friend talked this book up and kept telling me how amazing it was, but I just couldn't get over how much I hated the two main characters.

I'm sure the series gets better once it becomes less about LOOK AT THESE STAR CROSSED LOVERS and more about whatever the series is actually about,
Anne
The art is really beautiful, Marko is a cutie and Alana seems very interesting - I'll have to read the full version to be sure.

My favorite part: robots doing the naughty! Go, baby! >:D

(view spoiler)

Free on Comixology.
Razan
Oct 13, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: graphic-novels
first Graphic novel read [ not counting the Mickey mouse ones i read when i was 4 ] , and it did not disappoint :D
it was weird at first and there's a lot of answers waiting in the next one i'm sure ,but for now i liked it so much ,plus the art work is so COOL ♥
2017 Reading Chal...: Saga volume 1 1 22 Feb 22, 2015 03:25PM

• Ms. Marvel (2014-2015) #4
  • The Unwritten, Vol. 4: Leviathan
  • East of West #1
  • Descender #1
  • Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Harry Potter, #7)
  • The Sandman: Overture #1
Brian K. Vaughan is the writer and co-creator of comic-book series including SAGA, PAPER GIRLS, Y THE LAST MAN, RUNAWAYS, and most recently, BARRIER, a digital comic with artist Marcos Martin about immigration, available from their pay-what-you-want site www.PanelSyndicate.com

BKV's work has been recognized at the Eisner, Harvey, Hugo, Shuster, Eagle, and British Fantasy Awards. He sometimes writes

Saga (Single Issues) (1 - 10 of 54 books)
  • Saga #2