Start by marking “100 Snowmen” as Want to Read:

1 + 1 = 2 snowmen.
3 + 4 = 7 snowmen.
5 + 6 = 11 snowmen.
Finally, 100 snowmen!

As you count and add, watch the snowmen enjoy a snowball fight, make funny faces, play hide-and-seek — and just plain have fun.

And you’ll have fun, too!
Published November 12th 2013 by Two Lions

To ask other readers questions about 100 Snowmen, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about 100 Snowmen

Start your review of 100 Snowmen
Peggy Tibbetts
Dec 30, 2013 rated it it was amazing
The fun begins with the addition of two snowmen to one lonely snowman. But they soon multiply into one long equation that will have young readers reaching for a pencil. This is not a story book. It is a counting and math book and would make a great addition to an elementary classroom library, especially kindergarten through third grade. The cartoon illustrations of the snowmen enjoying all sorts of winter recreation are humorous and engaging. “100 Snowmen” is a math-magical way to approach a sno ...more
Lorna
Nov 23, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kid-lit
Oh, I loved it! I could spend hours studying each page and seeing something new each time. Love the "life" put into every snowman. ...more
Shauna
Jan 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I LOVE SNOWMEN!

So when I stumbled upon this CUTE, CUTE book I just had to grab it!

FUN pictures!

FUN math!

This book will warm your heart with it's cool delight :)
Arianna
Nov 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: traditional
This book is good for Kindergarten and 1st grade. The book starts off with one snowman alone. Then the author has multiple snowmen doing different acts. Throughout the book the author is adding the snowmen until they reach 100.

This book is great for young children, especially those who are learning how to count. Children may be more involved with math if they think that it is fun and this book is great to use for that. I think this is an amazing source to use as a read aloud and as a math book.
Jon Miller
Nov 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: traditional
Awards:

Grades: K-1st

Summary: This book is a story about counting up snowman that are doing different activities. This book is great to not only learn reading but to learn math equations.

Review: This might be the best math book to read aloud. It has fun rhythms as well as math equations. This book would be the perfect tool to teach students on how to count or how to add. The pictures are awesome since each other is the number of snowman preforming an activity.

Class: I would use this book to tea
Jo Oehrlein
Aug 10, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: math, picture-books
Cute rhyming book about lots of snowmen.
It counts from 1 to 10 and back to 1.
On each page, it adds 2 consecutive numbers.
1+2 = 3
7 + 6 = 13
5 + 4 = 9
3 + 2 = 5
1+2+3+4+5+6+7+8+9+10+9+8+7+6+5+4+3+2+1 = 100

Other than the equations, all numbers are written as number words.

I would have liked it better if we were adding numbers that worked together to make 10.
The last equation might as well be magic because there's been no sense of where the 100 might be coming fro
Lyrical Librarian
This book is a fun illustration of early math concepts. While not requiring children to count to 100, they can see what 100 of something looks like, and they can learn different ways of adding and subtracting. It's good practice for those horrible math story problems that are lurking in their future, and it's fun talking about what the silly snowmen are doing in the pictures. The story isn't that engaging, so I recommend it for a time when kids are calm and focused. ...more
Meg McGregor
Feb 22, 2019 rated it it was ok
Well, we all love snowmen!

Lexi and Victoria are learning how to add, so this seemed a great fit!

Unfortunately, the illustrations are simply not what I hoped!

I know I cannot draw, (not even a stick figure) but these snowmen are just not appealing!

The girls felt that as well; normally, they love all snowmen, but Lexi asked, "Why aren't they like regular snowmen, round and funny and cute???"

Sadly, I had no answer to give her.

Why, indeed?
Cynthia  Gutzwiller
Aug 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book is beautifully illustrated, no matter how small the snowman you can see every detail. Kids ages 6-8 will love this book, but every age will love this cute book. By the way, there is math in here also. Here are a few of the snowman ⛄ pages I liked with math.
5 snowmen sledding down the hill.
6 snowmen never catch a chill
8 more snowmen making a funny face
9 more snowmen like to have a race
I found this book on a Kindle Unlimited website and so can you.
ElizrdbthSpeaks
Mar 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
i guess it is sort of a counting ... adding book??! reminds me a bit of... i was a kid when Calvin and Hobbes were a very famous comic ... loved it ... so for me snowman always bring back that amazing work ... i know they are totally different but so so fun all the same!! great faces on the snowpeople or folks ... can't imagine they are all men ... some are women i am sure of. great read. awesome illustrations. well done!! ...more
Lynn  Davidson
Jan 23, 2021 rated it really liked it
Snowmen, snowmen, snowmen! In this story all about snowmen, we start with one lonely snowman, then two others join him. Under the rhyming text is the equation 1+2=3. As the story progresses, groups of snowmen show up and the reader gets to see what that looks like in math. This continues in a fun way until, amazingly, mysteriously, the equation adds up to 100!

Cleverly written and fun illustrations.
Maria Paris
Jan 16, 2021 rated it really liked it
Snowmen fun!

I’m looking forward to read this book to my PreK-3 class as soon as the snow comes this winter! Simple counting and addition concept, but with an unexpected result: a hundred snowmen! Would be a good go to read on the 100th day of school.
Kary
Sep 04, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: storytime, winter, math
Fun story that incorporates addition.
Jackie
Cute illustrations with an odd counting scheme.
Jun 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Cute book. Helps the kids with numbers and addition. Easy read for children.
DeNae
Aug 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
I liked the easy application of simple math equations.
Anthony
This book of math involving counting, adding and summing up the total of all the snowmen as the reader follows the antics, games, activities and fun had by the snowmen.
Taylor
Jan 01, 2019 rated it liked it
Cute and silly children's book. Daughter loved it. ...more
Eileen Winfrey
Jan 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
Perfect for 100th day of school activities. Counting up to ten and down and adding snowmen together to 100.
Sara Patterson
Feb 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
Great math integration.
Brittany
A good story, but I kept thinking what child wants to do math in a book like this?!?! Good to teach them math, but it kind of dulls it down a bit in my opinion.
Shari
Apr 18, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: childrensbooks
Snowmen, addition, and winter fun
Candra Hodge
May 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Cute story

Cute story about snowmen that also teaches some addition. Many ways for snowmen to play are included in this story.
Two BookWorms Blog
Mar 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
I love when books bring something more to the table than just the story itself. 100 Snowmen does just that. It combines a story and math. Does that statement give you nightmares about word problems? Well, this book blends the two painlessly. It is even enjoyable!

For the full review: https://twobookwormsblog.wordpress.co...
James D. Miller
Feb 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Super fun math

This books very fun to read with my small daughter. The basic math fact are creatively presented in a way that facilitates learning and confidence. FINAL GRADE: A+
Sandra Welshan
Feb 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Such a fun read with a great mathematical principal applied!
Pam White
Dec 16, 2014 rated it really liked it
LOVED the ARTWORK!!

This book was one I preordered because, as a former after school librarian I could see it would be one book to read any time for some fun. It is so well written and the artist has won a piece of my heart! Numbers, rhymes and lots of details to appreciate.
I would cheerfully given this a 5+ star rating except for one thing- it was just way too short! So much more could have been added to make me feel like I got my money's q, but therein lies my disappointment. I can't say I wou
Kristina Jean Lareau
This rhyming counting book about snowmen is a lot of fun. The illustrations seem to be rendered in a combination of traditional means and colored digitally.

The rhymes do not offer anything new or creative, and are rather predictable. And honestly, I would prefer to read Snowmen at Night or any in that series over this one. I liked the book, but I feel as though this territory has already been thoroughly canvased by other, and better, titles.
Shelly Itkin
Dec 06, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
100 Snowmen

This book is illustrated beautifully and perfect for this time of year. I was hoping to use it for a younger child but it is too complicated for them. The book is all in rhyme, which is great, but the concept of having a younger child count seven snowmen and then another six to equal thirteen is too much for them.

This is good for older children and the perfect size to read to them or help them with math.
Karen
May 14, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: pre-school to early elementary and their parents
Recommended to Karen by: librarian
This is a great math book that will grow with the child through the early grades! They can learn to count to 100, but also learn to add. There are never more than 10 snowmen to count at one time, but adding from page to page (addition sentences included in the text) will have then counting to 100 as well as adding to 15 and beyond. A few questions from parents can turn this math book into even more than is on the page!

• Sneezy the Snowman
  • Snowzilla
  • The Year Without a Santa Claus
  • The Big Adventures of a Little Tree: Tree Finds Friendship (A Tree's Life Book 1)
  • How to Catch a Snowman
  • The Reader
  • Never Let A Unicorn Meet A Reindeer!
  • A Christmas Spider's Miracle
  • How to Catch Santa
  • Sleep, Big Bear, Sleep!
  • The Magic of Friendship Snow
  • Share, Big Bear, Share!
  • A Silly Milly Christmas
  • Grumpy Groundhog
  • Scooper and Dumper
  • Snow
  • Santa's Story
  • Do Not Wish For A Pet Ostrich!
Jen Arena is lucky to have been surrounded by great children’s books her whole life. As a teenager, she worked at a children’s-only indie bookstore in Pennsylvania, and after graduating from college, she made her way to New York City, where she found a job in children's book publishing. Since then, she’s written many books for kids. She recently left New York and now lives in Florida, surrounded b ...more

News & Interviews