Start by marking “Destined for Doon (Doon, #2)” as Want to Read:
Destined for Doon (Doon, #2)

Destined for Doon

(Doon #2)

The second book in the popular new Doon YA series that takes on a classic story, Brigadoon, and spins it in a new way to give readers a fresh, modern experience.

In this sequel to Doon, Kenna Reid realizes she made a horrible mistake-choosing to follow her dreams of Broadway instead of staying in the enchanted land of Doon. Worse, she's received proof she and Duncan are mea
Published September 2nd 2014 by Blink

To ask other readers questions about Destined for Doon, please sign up.
Abigail There really isn't a zombie apocalypse. It is just that if someone or something falls into the fungus without the magic rings, they die and then they …moreThere really isn't a zombie apocalypse. It is just that if someone or something falls into the fungus without the magic rings, they die and then they become some kind of zombie thing. It really is only mentioned in a few parts, it's not the main plot. It's more of a sub-plot.

Hope that helps!! I really loved this book series I hope you do too!!(less)

Start your review of Destined for Doon (Doon, #2)
Horsegirl275
Feb 25, 2014 rated it really liked it
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

UPDATE: I've read it. I'd give the first half of the book 3 stars, and the second half 4, so it averages out to a 3.5 rating. Overall, I just didn't find Mackenna as compelling as a lead as Veronica, and downright whiny at times. However, the pace really picked up in the second half, and Mackenna definitely did some growing (but was still a tad annoying). We will have to see how the next one goes!
Grace (LovingDemBooks) Z.
Buy this book on AMAZON
or buy this book on BookDepository with FREE WORLDWIDE SHIIPPING

I received a free advanced reader's edition from the publisher BlinkYA and finished hardcover of this book from HarperCollins' program "Blogging For Books" in exchange for an honest review. All opinions are my own.

3.5 of 5 stars (Please read my rating system further below). Full review to come. WHAT IS UP WITH THAT ENDING I CAN'T EVEN

My rating system: (I do use half stars.)
5 - I do not use the 5 star.
Melissa Landers
Dec 20, 2013 rated it it was amazing
In the interest of full disclosure, I should mention that I'm critique partners with Lorie and Carey, and I'm their biggest fan. :) Having said that, I loved returning to the kingdom of Doon in this second installment. I don't want to get too specific and spoil you, so I'll just say that there's plenty of romance and a new threat to the kingdom that the girls must work together to defeat. Also, look at that cover. Isn't it dreamy?
Lizzie
Apr 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing
GAHH WHERE DO I START... this book was beautiful!! The way that the characters have grown and developed since the first book is amazing! And I also really loved the plot in this book! I think that the Limbus is absolutely frightening and there were definitely some *shudder* worthy moments. :P
I might say I liked Doon *ever so slightly* more, but not because it was a "better book", simply because I enjoyed seeing the story start off and getting to know the characters for the first time. That being
Cameron Chaney
May 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fantasy, ya
Buffy, Walking Dead, and Bring It On references, oh my! This second book in the Doon series was a blast and even better than the first. Since the stakes are getting higher, we have a lot less romance and more focus on the plot. There is more magic, tension, humor, and even zombies! Who knew?? Also, that cliffhanger ending! Not cool. I'm so excited to read Shades of Doon which will be released this Fall.

To see my full video review, click HERE.

FINAL VERDICT: 4.75 stars
Joan Tsaprali
Apr 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Love love love love! Plus a total cliffhanger!! #doon #destinedfordoon
Read the full review here: http://joantsblog.blogspot.gr/2016/08...
Tracy Goeke
Jun 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing
If you remember where DOON left off, Vee’s got her happily ever after and Kenna’s gone off to her internship in Chicago…

…except Vee’s ending isn’t so happy after all. (I love how realistic this is.) Not only aren’t Vee and Jamie the perfect couple, but Vee’s also having problems with the citizens of Doon, some of whom don’t accept her—an outsider—as their queen.

…except Kenna’s stuck in Chicago while her Calling is in Doon. Kenna’s pretty sure she’s ruined both her life and Duncan’s by abandonin
Carlie K
Nov 30, 2014 rated it really liked it
4.5 stars.
This review is originally posted on my blog
The Bookish Girl
------------------------------------------------

After saving Doon with her best friend, Veronica, in the first book, Mackenna returns to the real world and continues her dream. One night, the charming prince of Doon, Duncan, appears and tells her that her best friend has need of her. Despite her awkward state with Duncan, Mackenna goes back to the magic world of Doon, swears to aid her best friend to save Doon (again), and may
K.K. Summer
Nov 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: my-books
this was One hell of a ride and I loved Every turn of it!
that end!!!!! <333 and that cliffhanger...I nerd the 3rd book now!!!
April (Aprilius Maximus)
I NEED THE NEXT ONE NOWWWW. The only reason this one got half a star docked off is because one of the main characters was really frustrating throughout almost the entire book and so many problems would have been solved if they had just TALKED. But I love this world and everything about it and I can't wait to see where this will go! What a cliffhanger!
Maria V. Snyder
Aug 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I'm doing lots of 5 star reviews today! I read this book in...days (I got an ARC - author perk!). I loved the first book in this series, DOON, co-written by Carey Corp and Lorie Langdon - for some reason Lorie's name doesn't appear in Goodreads. They also co-wrote this second book and there are two more planned for the series.

What I love most about these books are the characters - Veronica and MacKenna. Each has their own unique voice and problems, yet they help each other out without question.
BookHeroin
Aug 28, 2014 rated it really liked it
I thought it was out already! gaaah

But... ugh now i have to wait? ... shit!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Galaxy Adventurer
Jan 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This book was absolutely amazing....but.....the ending!! Why did it end like that? Why!!? I need Shades of Doon now!!!
Jessica Keller
Jul 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fantastic-ya
I love three things with equal tenacity: Young Adult fiction, Romance, and the Fantasy genre. Wouldn’t you know Destined for Doon has all three? Moreover, it doesn’t disappoint. At all.

Destined for Doon is the second book in a four book series inspired by the musical Brigadoon. In the first book, Doon, we see best friends Veronica and Mackenna (Kenna) travel to Scotland and discover the magical, locked away land of Doon—complete with two handsome princes waiting for them, of course. :)

Did I me
Amanda
Jul 01, 2014 rated it really liked it
Carey Corp and Lorie Landgon know how to enchant their readers and waste no time getting down to business in this sequel to Doon. By page ten of Destined for Doon I was fully engrossed in the new tale, one that would be following those I had wished to hear more from in the first installment, Mackenna and Duncan.

The writing is once again beautiful, blossoming the kingdom of Doon into an examination of relationships, true love, and what hope and belief in one's self really means.

The overall forma
Jamie
Jul 02, 2014 rated it really liked it
Finally after months of waiting, I was able to dive back into the world of Doon with the second in the wonderful and intriguing series by Cary Corp and Lorie Langdon, Destined for Doon. I was pleasantly surprised by the first book, so having the opportunity to get an advanced readers copy of this one? Don’t mind if I do.

This is such a fun series! It’s keeps my attention, even if meant for a younger audience, and is so creative. As I mentioned in my review of the first in the series, the second
Carolina Carriço
Jan 15, 2015 rated it really liked it
I preferred the first book to this one, and I say that without any doubt. The small thing I can say I loved more was the fact that in this book we had more Duncan. And even with everything that made me want to pull out my hair throughout this book, I still love that boy and he's my favorite.

But all the lack of communication in this book made me so mad! Sometimes I wanted to gag both Kenna and Duncan and then only one would talk at a time. And they would talk without lies and without half truths.
Meg - A Bookish Affair
Oct 09, 2014 rated it really liked it
"Destined for Doon" is the second book in the Doon YA series. It's a fantasy that surrounds two normal, everyday teens, Vee and Kenna, who find themselves in extraordinary circumstances. Vee is the new queen of Doon who faces a populace who isn't quite ready to trust their new outsider leader. Kenna is working hard at a theater internship when she is summoned back to Doon to help Vee confront a new danger. This book was a lot of fun and although it is the second book in a series, it stands well ...more
Charity Tinnin
Jul 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-fiction
Shelby
Dec 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: EVERYONE
For the love of Lerner and Loewe! I am usually wary of second books in series as they often are shadowed by their predecessor but this one didn't let me down.

I flew threw this book in less than a day and literally couldn't put it down. I felt as though I was under the witch's spell as I continued to read on. This book was a great continuation of the first! And seeing Kenna's story made the plot thicken even more. I still clung to the story at the end of every chapter just as I did in the first b
The Fearless Reader
Feb 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I love love LOVE THIS BOOK! Destined for Doon by Carey Corp and Lorie Langdon was so amazing! I loved how this one focused more on Mackenna's perspective and not Veronica's as much, but we did still get some Jamie and Veronica action throughout the book. I also enjoyed see Mackenna accept her destiny and fight form her heart, and also figuring out how to save Doon at the same time, before it's too late. I liked Corp's and Langdon's creative writing styles, and also their ability to keep readers ...more
Jaime (Two Chicks on Books)
Oct 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Ahhhhh killer ending! I loved this as much as the first book! Now on to book 3!!!!
steph lópez
Feb 23, 2015 rated it really liked it
This can't be happening!
I have to wait months for the bext book?! To understand what the heck happended at the end?! NOOOO
Rissi
Jun 10, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2014, review
There is something about a contemporary that travels back in time. Maybe its allure first began with the popular Gene Kelly musical Brigadoon (which this YA series is loosely based on) or maybe it’s just the idea that we have the ability to revisit these eras long gone through stories and it’s because of these visual descriptors that many of us have come to one conclusion: we were born to the wrong era. This co-authored series is the sequel to last summer’s inventive novel Doon and it continues ...more
Jillian
Nov 03, 2014 rated it really liked it
I didn't fall in love with the first book in this series, so I was hesitant to accept this one to review. However, after reading glowing reviews of the sequel, I decided to give the series another try. I'm happy to say I enjoyed this one so much better than the first! The story follows protagonist Mackenna Reid and her best friend, Veronica, as they try to fight against the curse threatening the enchanted land of Doon. Geared for a young adult audience, this is a fun and engaging story with fant ...more
Risa Ann
Sep 22, 2014 added it
Shelves: ya-reads
OMGGGGG! Back in Doon with Veronica and Mackenna and I LOVEEEE IT! After the way book one ended i was so excited to get back to Kenna and Duncan...to see how their story unfolds…..it’s a lot of waiting I’ll tell ya!! Kenna is STUBBORN omg!

Okay so we pick up almost a year after the ending of Doon, with Kenna back in the “real world” and Duncan coming to get her and bring her BACK to Doon because of black petunias and witch zombie moss stuff that's real real bad and obviously linked to the bad wit
Olivia Williford (LivTheBookNerd)
Hey guys!

I'm so sorry this is up so late! School has been killer! Anyway! I really actually liked this book! DESTINED FOR DOON is the sequel of DOON and it follows Kenna & Duncan a few months after Kenna had left Doon to pursue her acting career. Duncan goes to New York to get Kenna to come back to Doon. Doon is being attacked and Kenna and Veronica have to work together to save the kingdom.

Now, when I finished Doon I was desperate to read the next book. Doon left you off with a cliffhanger th
M
Aug 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favourites
description

IF YOU HAVE NOT READ THIS BOOK SERIES, I SUGGEST YOU TO RUN TO YOUR NEAREST BOOK STORE AND BUY THIS DAMN BOOK SERIES IMMEDIATELY!

HOLY HAMMERSTEIN! (that book reference though ;)

I AM SO IN LOVE WITH THIS AMAZING BOOK SERIES. I CANNOT LITERALLY EXPRESS TO YOU GUYS HOW IM FEELING RIGHT NOW DUE TO THE EMOTIONAL AND HORMONAL FEELINGS I HAVE AT THE MOMENT, FEELINGS THAT ARE SO UN DESCRIBABLE!
description

I LOVE EVERY CHARACTER WRITTEN IN HERE. THE MACCRAE BROTHERS JUST STOLE ME HEART. UGH UGH UGH
MACKENNA AND VER
Danica (Shelves of Spines)

I feel like I liked this one better than the first one to be honest. I got approved to read the fourth book Forever Doon on NetGalley so I am quickly reading the second and third books in the series. They are good if you want fast-paced reads and to immerse yourself in another world for a few hours. I admit that they are a little childish at times and had me rolling my eyes but I did enjoy this book.

What I liked:
•Veronica grew up and became a much better
Cheryl
Oct 07, 2014 rated it really liked it
I have not read the first book in this series, Doon. I got a chance to review the second book, Destined for Doon and even though I have not read the first book, I could not pass up the chance to see what this series was all about. So glad that I did. I had no problems jumping right into this book. The magical world of Doon was great. I have a wish to some day visit Ireland and Scotland so this book was right up my alley.

Despite having not read the first book I still felt the strong connection b

• Gilt Hollow
  • The Huntress of Thornbeck Forest (A Medieval Fairy Tale, #1)
  • A Proper Charade
  • Of Glass and Glamour (Daughters of Eville #2)
  • Wager for a Wife
  • A Daring Sacrifice (An Uncertain Choice, #2)
  • An Evening at Almack's
  • Olivia Twist
  • The Golden Braid (Hagenheim, #6)
  • Strands of Bronze and Gold
  • Magic Forged (Hall of Blood and Mercy, #1)
  • Of Beast and Beauty (Daughters of Eville, #1)
  • The Mirk and Midnight Hour
  • Dauntless (Valiant Hearts, #1)
  • Undercurrents (Undercurrents, #1)
  • Not My Type: A Single Girl's Guide to Doing It All Wrong
  • Magic Redeemed (Hall of Blood and Mercy, #2)
  • Seducing the Fireman (Risky Business #3)
I am the author of several young adult books, including the DOON series from BLINK/HarperCollins, inspired by Lerner & Loewe's Brigadoon, and co-written w/Lorie Langdon.

*Please note this is an unmonitored account. I do love to connect with readers on Twitter and Facebook. Visit the Dooniverse for links: www.DoonSeries.com*

Bystanders can end bullying. Be brave - Speak up!

Doon (4 books)
  • Doon (Doon, #1)
  • Shades of Doon (Doon, #3)
  • Forever Doon (Doon, #4)