Start by marking “Maze (Ballerina, #2)” as Want to Read:
Maze (Ballerina, #2)

(Ballerina #2)

Maze
There are times in life when you have to make decisions that others will neither understand nor forgive. When that happens, then you make damn sure they never find out. But no matter what, you will do anything to protect those you love. Even if it means you forfeit your soul.

Ivy
Published December 27th 2013 by Isisindc Publishing, LLC (first published December 26th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Maze, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Maze

Paganalexandria
This is the conclusion of one of my favorite New Adult stories began in The Ballerina & the Fighter The Ballerina & the Fighter (Ballerina, #1) by Ursula Sinclair . We find ourselves at the same place, right after Maze's epic blade fight. Ivy is overwhelmed by the brutality of her lover's world, but trying to stay as supportive as possible. She knows there is dangerous subtext to everything being presented, but Maze promises to shield her from the blow back. Is that even possible?

Pros:

1. My book friends already know how I fangirl over dance themes.

Victoria Smith
So I was one of the first to read this as I worked with the author on this project, and I must say I was in tears by the end. This is an excellent conclusion to Maze and Ivy's story. It's a story full of love, heartache, and what one must sacrifice not only for the love, but for the things one believes in. Fabulous job, Ms. Sinclair!
The FountainPenDiva, Old school geek chick and lover of teddy bears
Maze- The Ballerina Series Book 2 would make a GREAT Lifetime movie (if they ever bothered to make interracial romances). There's passion, danger, deadly secrets, the sexy swoon-worthy hero, the too-beautiful for words heroine, and of course the Happily Ever After.

This wasn't a bad book overall. A couple of spelling hiccups but the action scenes were great and the revelation about a close member of Maze's family was heartbreaking. Yes, Maze gets major props for willing to do anything-including
Laura Johnson
Feb 02, 2014 rated it really liked it
Boy, this 2 book series has lots of twists and turns. You have this prima ballerina who falls for this hot MMA fighter. He firsts see his ballerina fly through the air and executes a beautiful "firebird." At that moment he is spellbound by her. Their journey to be together is full of love, sacrifice, lies, suspense, betrayal, and honor. This series would make an excellent "Lifetime" love and suspense movie of the week. Overall recommend read.
Jos
Apr 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing
5 Stars.... Great Sequel

Wow, LOVED this and LOVED both Maze and Ivy:) What a great sequel, a happy and truly heartwarming end for this couple. Oh and the Epilogue....LOVED it!!!!! They both deserved all of the good that finally came their way!

PS LOVED Dante, Ivy's Best Friend, he was a GREAT addition to this story!

Congrats Ursula Sinclair, I will now be adding you to my favorite authors list!
Ragatnia Clara
Dec 29, 2013 rated it really liked it
This was a fine conclusion story of Ivy and Maze. In the prequel, we knew how Ivy and Maze build their chemistry and how they rekindle the relationship. But in this sequel, we'd know not just the sweetness of their relationship, but the bitter and sadness in it. I liked their effort to have people they loved safe, I liked the maturity develops in both Ivy and Maze, and I liked the twist. I somehow knew there would be betrayal, and damn it's right. Overall, I really enjoyed Ivy and Maze!
Sandra
Dec 15, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Loved it. What a great conclusion to the story. I wasn't sure about Maze in the first book but he won me over in this book. He loved Ivy so much he was willing to put her in he arms of another man just to keep her save. I loved the twist at the end. I was not expecting that.
Fashionista
Book 2 was really good! Maze is definitely sexy! I can't wait; I'm about to read BOOK 3 about Dante! YASSSS!
Kevin Sells
Oct 19, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Nice... really nice.

This one carries the story in a nice direction and contains a slick plot twist that will throw you for a loop. There's a couple of glaring plot holes that took away a star for me. But all in all, a rollicking good story.
Sandy S
Aug 08, 2015 rated it liked it

ABOUT THE BOOK: Release Date December 27, 2013

Ivy
He’s keeping something from me. And I’m not sure I want to know because it will forever change us.

•••••••

REVIEW: 3.5 stars--MAZE is the second installment in Ursu
Kristi
Aug 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: august-2018
This story concludes the story of Ivy and Maze. The dancer and the fighter.
There is a lot that happens in this story. Maze finds out some things about his family that he was originally told that were not true. So there is drama with that. There is drama about him leaving the ring from fighting. There are breakups and makeups. I love you I hate yous. It is all over the place. I really enjoyed it. I thought it concluded well. By the end of the story I was really happy for them. I enjoyed their st
Trina
May 10, 2014 rated it really liked it
Received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

I began reading this book and then I found out it was book two in a series so I decided to stop reading and read book one first. While you could read this book without reading book one, I suggest reading The Fighter and The Ballerina first in order to have a better understanding of the dynamics of the relationship between Maze and Ivy. Once I finished book one, I immediately restarted book two.

What I enjoyed most about this book is t
Lakeisha
Jan 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: everybody
Recommended to Lakeisha by: Laverne Thompson
Shelves: my-shelf
Before I review this amazing book, I want to acknowledge that this book was donated by the author in exchange for an honest review. Which I'm very grateful for because I've been waiting to get more of Maze and Ivy in my system.

I was scared that Bk 2 would not live up to BK1, but Ms. Ursula Sinclair did not fail me. BK 2 was amazing. I loved that it picked up from where bk 1 left off. Maze and Ivy were so sweet and hot. I felt their love and Maze's protectiveness through the authors words; it fel
Brittany
Sep 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing
*I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review from the New Adult Book Club*

The second book in the Ballerina series picks up where the first has left off. Ivy desperately wants Maze out of whatever business he's in. Maze wants out of it too, but it keeps shadowing him. The Triad hits closer and closer to home, and the source of all their troubles may be right in their faces. All Maze wants to do is love and protect his Ivy, but that gets harder to do as the Triad threatens ever
Dee Price
All hell breaks loose after Maze refuses to throw a fight for the Triad. He's being followed, Joe gets shot, and Ivy's life is threatened. Thinking that the best way to protect Ivy is to stay away from her, he breaks up with her for good. But he quickly realizes he made a huge mistake when Ivy turns up missing, and Maze comes to the realization that the threat he faces stems from close to home.

As you can guess from the title, this book is all about Maze. Even after Ivy suffers a career ending in
Paulien
Aug 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book more than the previous one, there was more fighting for each other, and this book was a bit more dark than the first one!

Storyline
I won’t spoil the second book, because you only start to read this one because you loved the first one! But there are secrets, and there are things to happen that you won’t expect, he will sacrifice a lot for her, will she do the same. Will things be allright in the ending? A lot of question, and all the answers are in the book. You will love them!
Mary Lou Hoffman
Feb 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Series: Ballerina # 2
Category /Genre: New Adult Contemporary Romance/ Multicultural Romance
Received from: Ursula Sinclair (in exchange for an honest review)
Tour arranged by: Read Between the Lines
Recommended for: 18+ due to sexual content and violence
Grammar/editing: ungraded / received as an ARC

This is the second in the Ballerina series and they do need to be read in order.

Maze’s only concern is to keep Ivy safe, but he to do that he may have to break her heart.

This second book is better than
Chris
Apr 23, 2014 rated it liked it

So I read the first book, and it was difficult for me to get into the story and Maze (even though I liked both things) because the writing was repetitive and at times clunky. Clearly, Sinclair took the criticism and feedback and produced a solid work of immense improvement!

With that said, I really did like the writing this time around and the story kept me engaged. Admittedly, the story was predictable and the direction was obvious, I enjoyed the twinges of suspense and action in the s
Martha
Sep 14, 2015 rated it really liked it
I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

This is not a standalone book. In order to understand Ivy and Maze you need to read the first book. I did not care for the first book, but I did like this one better.

I thought that the plot was paced well and progressed naturally throughout the book. I liked the twist that was thrown in toward the end and thought that I should have figured it out before it came because there are hints along the way, but it still came as a surprise.
KBeautiful1
Jan 04, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What an amazing ending to a 2 book series arc. The unconditional love between Maze and Ivy just so amazing.

The twists and turns, the joys and sadness, the love and betrayal was all in this story. I was gripping my Kindle like crazy lol!!!

I love they way Maze fought for Ivy, I love the way that Ivy was the only one for him and there would never be another. When he said to her, "Even In My Death I Will Love You!" Let's you know right then and there that nothing could ever separate these two.

Ivy's
Jessica
May 01, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read2014, review
By May 7th

I receive this book for an honest review. Maze is one hot man, there's nothing I can say to due him justice. He is just yummy!

This book was really good and I enjoyed it. The first one was amazing but this one is also up there in ranking. Maze and Ivy have a very amazing story and I'm glad I was able to read it. They had to fight to get there happy ending and I'm so glad they did! Ivy was sweet and amazing maze was sexy and protective. Those are just a few word to describe them. Maze pr
Felicia
Dec 06, 2014 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this dangerous and intense love story. Maze was a total badass. Loved it. And the way Ivy stood by him made me love them even more. I enjoy reading love stories where the heroine meets a 'bad boy' and doesn't try to drastically change him.

Chace Crawford as Maze
description

Jessica Parker Kennedy as Ivy
description
Cat Parisi
Sep 03, 2015 rated it really liked it
The continuation of the story Maze & Ivy. Maze is dealing with family history & secrets, which is trying desperately to seperate himself from. He wants to be with Ivy more than anything, but he thinks she's safer away from him. Maze is also struggling to know who he can & can't trust anymore. Will their relationship survive the secrets he's keeping and how many times will Ivy take being pushed away? Ivy is also dealing with an injury that may end her dance career. Suspenseful story, ...more
Missy
Dec 22, 2014 rated it really liked it
An excellent finish for this series.
The passion and love between Maze and Ivy is still sexy but they are both strong willed individuals so there are still many clashes ahead.
We learn so much more about Maze's dark past and current ties that all leads to deadly trouble and heartbreak.
I loved Ivy's strong character as she deals with Maze's past and present. She really helps him overcome his hurdles to make their future. And poor Maze has a lot to deal with as he makes sure Ivy is safe even if it m
Cazzyyvon
May 13, 2014 rated it liked it
I got a few chapters into this book before I realised it was clearly book two in the series. So I stopped and read the ballerina and the fighter and then carried on where I left off.
I really enjoyed the relationship between the two main characters, which was genuine and believable.
I thought the storyline was unique and kept my interest up throughout. The found the coverage of Ivy's dancing situation to be thoughtful.
Overall a good read and I will be looking out for more writing from Ursula Si
Randi
May 07, 2014 rated it really liked it
I was asked to read this book for an honest review of it. When I agreed to read it, I was unaware that it was the second in the series (I didn't see the book 2 when looking at the listing) That being said, I felt this book really didn't need the first one. I wasn't lost completely in the reading. It was a good book. It took a while to really get into it but when it took off, it really took off and kept your attention. There were a few surprises that I wasn't expecting. The characters were well d ...more
Daria
Apr 28, 2014 rated it it was ok
Shelves: read-it-review
I didn't really like the first book so I don't really know why I picked up this one. It definitely shouldn't be read as a stand alone because the basis of the mcs relationship is made in book One when they meet. Here it goes on to describe how they live together with the threat of the Asian mafia over their heads. Honestly I just wasn't into this story. It didn't keep my interest and I found Ivy really annoying. Her character was whiny and passive. I like a stronger female lead.

I received a cop
Lynwen Rees
May 08, 2014 rated it liked it
I kindly received this book for an honest review. I didn't realise until i began it, it was the second in a series, this aside however I quickly picked up the thread of the story and the history between Maze and Ivy. I probably didn't quite establish the rapport with the characters i would have if i had read the first book and found at times I was losing interest. The story itself is good and well written but i have to say i personally like more grit, it didn't quite capture me in the way i want ...more
Randi
May 03, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ndulgent Bloggers
Feb 27, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: rebecca, 2014
This love story could be epic, spanning years of these characters' lives, if only there was even more depth. As is, it's a beautiful story though with interesting characters that a compelling story line. There's love, loss, heartbreak, illness, suspense, betrayal and redemption. Those are some powerful elements. READ FULL REVIEW: http://guiltyindulgencebookclub.blogs...
New Adult Book Club: #195 - Maze 22 63 May 17, 2014 06:32PM
A Hot New NA Interracial Romance From Ursula Sinclair 1 7 Jan 03, 2014 09:08AM

• Anatoly's Retribution: Book One (The Medlov Men 5)
  • Slow Burn (Hush #1)
  • Bind (The Irish Mob Chronicles #3)
  • Anatoly Medlov: Complete Reign (The Medlov Crime Family, #3)
  • Infamy (Rose Series Book 2)
  • Beautiful Prey 2
  • Amore  (Battaglia Mafia #5)
  • Chained to the Devil's Son
  • LUCA - Her Ruthless Don (Ruthlessly Obsessed Duet, Book 1): 50 Loving States, New York, Pt. 1 (Ruthless Tycoons 3)
  • The Fight Within
  • Hot Holiday Love: an Interracial romance
  • Wheels of Steel: Book 1 (Wheels of Steel, #1)
  • Dmitri: The Russian's Christmas Baby (BWWM) (The Wallflower's Series Book 3)
  • Broken (Love Never Fails Book 1)
  • Chasing Moonlight (Again for the First Time #3)
Ursula Sinclair is the alter ego of LaVerne Thompson a USA Today Bestselling Author and an award winning multi-published author.

Ursula's work will fall more under the new adult and romantic suspense/intrigue realm whereas LaVerne writes contemporary, fantasy and sci/fi romances that at times also have a touch of suspense.

Facebook http://facebook.com/ursulasinclairauthor

Ballerina (3 books)
  • The Ballerina & the Fighter (Ballerina, #1)
  • The Dancer (The Ballerina, #3)