Start by marking “Thrill!” as Want to Read:
Thrill!

Thrill!

From chic New York and the exclusive Hamptons to the hungry heart of L.A., this high-suspense tale pulses with deadly obsessions and relentless desires in the seemingly perfect world of a gorgeous film actress.

She could have any man - but the one she can't resist is a mysterious lover with a shadowed past. As their jolting affair skyrockets with electric passion, shocking
Published January 31st 2012 by Simon & Schuster UK (first published January 1st 1998)

To ask other readers questions about Thrill!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Thrill!

Aditi
Oh wow, it was one hell of a "THRILL" ride from L.A.'s fast lanes, studios and beach houses to it's darkest alleys, behind-the-bedroom-door dramas. This book gives you an insight of all the hot and happening, juicy tidbits and gossips of the tinsel town. From first page of the book, I totally got hooked, yeah Thrill will get you hooked from it's first page.

This novel is about Lara Ivory, a 'very' beautiful, A-class Holly actress falling for an 'incredibly' hot, junior actor, Joey Lorenzo, and h
🔮⚡️Voracious
Another faultless 5 ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ offering from the wonderful Jackie Collins. Many of her books are now re-reads for me; thankfully I have the chance to buddy read them with a fellow JC fan :-) ...more
Jeri Tungate
Jul 17, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2015-reads
Thrill! was the very first Jackie Collins novel I ever read. I reread it every year just because I enjoy the stories so much. I wish there was a follow up novel about Summer. She was my fav character.
Brooklyn Tayla
My full review can be found on my blog: https://brooklynandherbooks.wordpress...

This is a third read for me, but I enjoyed it every bit as much as the first two reads. A buddy read with fellow JC aficionado, Voracious Reader, it makes for fabulous reading!
missemmamm
If possible I would give this book 3.5 stars.

I've been reading Jackie Collins' novels for years. However I just got around to reading this one. It's been a while since I've read one that's been out for more than a few years. This book was published in '98 yet reads like it was written in the 80s (for the most part).

This book about love, lust and suspense within the movie industry was a lot of fun. However the sex scenes and some of the dialogue were atrocious. A sex scene in which the woman isn'
Mary
Mar 04, 2010 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I haven't read a JC book for a really long time, so this was a taste of the past for me. It was an enjoyable read, although I thought it lacked the depth into it's characters. JC uses lots of different characters in her book. Lara is the famous movie star who everyone wants to be, Richard is the crazed ex husband who is obsessed with Lara, Nikki is her best friend who seems to live in Lara's shadow, and upcoming movie star Joey becomes the new sexy love of her life, Alison the stalker who wants ...more
Aղցela W.
Sep 23, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book was pretty good I have had it on my shelf for a couple of years I got it at a garage sale for a dollar and it was worth it. Lara Ivory is a dazzling movie star with the whole world at her feet she has an ex husband Richard and his new wife Nikki and all of them appear to be good friends. Lara meet the young and hot Joey Lorenzo who has a dark past. Their relationship is put to the test multiple times as the couple faces obstacles brought on by Joey's past. This book was hot the sex sce ...more
Ella (The Story Collector)
Thrill! tells a story of love, obsession, passion and desire among the Hollywood elite. Beautiful actress Lara could have any man she wants, but what she gets is a passionate affair with a mysterious actor with a shady past. As if navigating this newfound love isn’t enough, Lara also has to cope with her own traumatic past and fend off the unwanted affections of her ex-husband. All the while, a hateful stalker sits in prison planning her revenge.

Jackie Collins is the queen of romantic thrillers.
D
Jul 30, 2015 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Second book and I feel I have had enough of Jackie Collins and her will-sleep-with-everything-that-moves characters specially men (in this one only men) too much dirt for me to handle. To be honest, it's crap. Crap as in capital C R A P. If you want to read something completely non-sensical then welcome to Jackie land and this one is the best among all. I am not saying that I'm not gonna read Collins again *wink* we all need to read something like this once in a while. Once is a key word here. W ...more
Kara
Dec 05, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was my first Jackie Collins book thy I've read that spear have to do with the Lucky series. I liked the novel a lot in the beginning but in the middle every character I hated but for Aidan. But getting to the end I started liking everyone again but RIchard, he has some nerve trying to spilt up Lara & Joey. Everyone has secrets their not ready to share.
Susans book review
Oct 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: book-reviews
i was hooked to this book from the begining altho it was a long book i loved it jackie collins does this everytime on all her books
loved how she wrote about all the different characters about there past and the present,
Jo
Jul 24, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Total trash but it hooked me and I enjoyed reading about the characters.
Found the ending a bit abrupt and don't think some of the characters deserved their happy endings...
Good fun. Perfect for a holiday read.
Erica
Feb 26, 2009 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book kept me interested, but I found myself geting annoyed with 2 of the characters. They both seemed possessive and lacked charm. If you like Jackie Collins you'll like this book...but it's not one of her best ones.
Maria
Jan 24, 2013 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Every other Hollywood movie. Read it when you want to relax your mind.
Julia
I like Jackie Collins' earlier books, the ones from the early to mid seventies when women were wearing Halston gold lame and snorting coke. This one isn't as good.
Ary Chest
Nov 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I'm very impressed. This is better than I thought. I really thought it would be junk, considering the bad title. I mean, really, I didn't think it was possible for book titles to have punctuations, unless they are question marks. Thrill is much more complex than its name suggests.

Okay, complex is a bit of a stretch. It's Jackie Collins we're talking about. But the structure and writing were much tighter. The structure is a lot like Hollywood wives (the one detractor about that is too many chara
Ellen
Sep 04, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Based on its merits, this is a 2 star book. But it doesn't seem right to downgrade a Jackie Collins novel for being....well, a Jackie Collins novel. It's not as if I didn't know what I was picking up when I found it in the pile of novels left behind at the seaside hotel where I am staying. And for a seaside read, it was just what it needed to be.

Edited: Ok, I'm back from vacation and a bit more rational in my thinking. I can't give this book 3 stars when I compare it to the other novels that I'v
Marion Chumo
Having read most of Jackie Collins books, this one seemed rush. The characters and plot not well developed. The characters were just forced into each other. Lara and Joey didn't bring out the expected chemistry. It lacked the thrill that comes with Jackie Collin's books.
Leila D. Marconi
The usual...but keeps you interested

If you like Jackie Collins, you'll like this. It's filled with the usual sleaseballs, & heroes & heroines. Typical, but not boring & a nice ending.
irene nuzzi
Jun 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great read loved it!

The book took off from the start could not wait to get home and read
So many twists and turns
Debi Palmieri
Dec 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Good

Good, good, good,I really enjoyed it. First book I read in a long time that I couldn't put it down!
Ann
Feb 04, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
a good holiday read, many twists and turn bit of a thriller but with glitz and lust lovely east read and gripping
Meryan
Apr 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
WOW!!! I think this is the best one of her books I've read so far. Every time you think you have the plot figured out there is another turn and you have to start figuring again.
Chandrika
It was like being back in college again!! Good insight into Hollywood
Elizabeth
Jun 12, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018
Not a fan.
Sophie
Jan 18, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I’ve always liked this author and am pretty sure I read this book 20 years ago. It was a good book and kept me guessing until close to the end.
Diane
Jan 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Quick read

I totally enjoyed really this had a lot of excitement which made me not want to stop reading highly recommend reading this book loved it
Book Addict Shaun
Jul 09, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2013, library
I started reading this a few years ago but never got round to finishing it. I picked it up earlier intending to read a few pages and it is now 1.05am and I finished it a few minutes ago. Another unputdownable book from Jackie Collins. And, as I noted in The Love Killers, this book doesn't feel dated. Add a few mentions of Facebook, Twitter and some random L.A. zelebrities and this could have been written in 2013.

Unfortunately however, despite Ms. Collins being my favourite author I am yet to re
Ria
Jan 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A glitzy, racy book set in the film world.
Lara Ivory has it all, looks, wealth a successful career in the movies and men fall at her feet wherever she goes.
She has had a bad past and her marriage to the film director Richard Barry broke up when she caught him cheating, he is now with her friend Nikki and the three are now best friends together.
Nikki wants to branch out into producing and is working on a low budget movie and she has Lara in her sights as the main star but a bitter power struggle
Sam Weaver
May 29, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Let's be real: nobody cracks open a Jackie Collins book expecting to find elegant prose, understated dialogue, or even a semblance of realism. Collins' books aren't supposed to provoke deep thinking, they're supposed to be provocative and steamy, and Thrill serves up 400 pages of titillating Hollywood melodrama on a mirror-top coffee table with a side of champagne.

Are the characters multi-dimensional? Is the writing well-constructed? Does the plot make sense?

Who cares!? Thrill is sexy, funny, e
Jackie Collins Fans: Thrill! 1 5 Nov 15, 2012 12:37AM
  • Random Acts
  • Dot.Homme
  • Honeymoon
  • Savages
  • Se7en
  • Luciano's Luck
  • Pandora (Rutshire Chronicles, #7)
  • Star-Spangled Bride
  • Bad Girls
  • Kissing the Bride (Medieval, #4)
  • Everything to Gain and A Secret Affair
  • I'll Take Manhattan
  • Charming Lily
  • All Of Me
  • Naked Truths
  • All About All About Eve: The Complete Behind-the-Scenes Story of the Bitchiest Film Ever Made!
  • My Sweet Valentine (Article Row, #3)
  • Blind Dates: Four Stories of Hearts United with a Little Help from Grandma
There have been many imitators, but only Jackie Collins can tell you what really goes on in the fastest lane of all. From Beverly Hills bedrooms to a raunchy prowl along the streets of Hollywood; from glittering rock parties and concerts to stretch limos and the mansions of power brokers-Jackie Collins chronicles the real truth from the inside looking out.

Jackie Collins has been called a "raunchy