Start by marking “Death's Daughter (Realm Walker, #2)” as Want to Read:
Death's Daughter (Realm Walker, #2)

Death's Daughter

(Realm Walker #2)

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating details ·  636 ratings  ·  41 reviews
Juliana Norris, Realm Walker with the Agency, is an Altered. A fact that she runs up against every time she's forced to work with human police officers, and their species-ist commissioner, on cases they can't solve themselves. Which happens more than they would like to admit.

Her gift--the quality that makes her the best Realm Walker in the business, without boast--is the a
Published March 31st 2014 by Carina Press

To ask other readers questions about Death's Daughter, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Death's Daughter

really liked it 4.00  ·

Amélie
Arc provided by Netgalley.

I liked this book, but less than the previous one. Since I reread the first book just before starting this one, I think that the flaws in the writing were highlighted and more difficult for me to ignore. One of the biggest problems I had is the alternance of POV between Juliana and Thomas, which happens every few paragraphs. We hear both their thoughts about almost everyone of their interactions, which is repetitive and makes their misunderstandings even more annoying.
Angela Carr (Under the Covers Book Blog)

Death’s Daughter is even better than its debut Realm Walker. It was well written and it had an exciting pace. Ms. Collins did a wonderful job with the world building but what hooked me was the mystery that needed solving and the romance between the protagonists.

Death’s Daughter takes off about two weeks from when Realm Walker had ended. Julianna has yet to talk to Thomas and still unsure of where their relationship stands. However, by the end of this book, Ms. Collins gives them a more definit
Feminista
Dec 31, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: urban-fantasy, arc
Rating: 4.5 out of 5.

This is definitely an urban fantasy series I want to continue! I only wish I had read the first book before reading this one.

Juliana Norris is a Realm Walker called to help investigate a number of missing children who are hybrids: half human and half Altered. In a race against time to find as many alive children as possible, this novel demonstrates a great mixture of urban fantasy, romance and suspense with plot twists to keep you intrigued.

Juliana Norris is everything I lik
Donna
Sep 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Death's Daughter the second in the Realm Walker series is as good if not better than the first. This story twisted me up and spat me out but left me in a much better place than the first book. Take a police drama and mash it with a paranormal romance and mix in a bit of urban fantasy and you have Death's Daughter.
All Things Urban Fantasy
Feb 06, 2014 rated it really liked it
A robust police procedural with hints of gothic romance, DEATH’S DAUGHTER deftly blends magic and murder. Though this investigation is easy to follow on it’s own, most of the relationship baggage (both romantic and professional) will be lost on new readers. But if REALM WALKER is as well paced and entertaining as DEATH’S DAUGHTER, starting at book one will be no hardship.

Juliana Norris is a one woman, magical CSI lab, able to sense traces of magic and Altered ancestry with a single, glowing glan
JadeShea
Juliana is having some issues. There is this huge case going on, but because of politics she isn't able to be a part of it. Not only that, but she has to deal with her boss being a major jerk, and her mate isn't speaking to her. She's unsure what to do next, but when more children go missing she won't have a choice but to join in on the case.

This book was a lot better than the first one. The mystery in it was just awesome! I loved that, and I really liked the relationship between Juliana and Th
Claudia
Mar 10, 2014 rated it really liked it
This was a 5 star book till the third to last chapter ... There were three incidents which could or should have had a really Big emotional impact ... But Mrs. Collins did Not really use it that way.

Review to come
Azeza
Jun 01, 2018 rated it it was ok

BEWARE LOT OF SPOILERS

Meh, saw it long coming that Taft was the child thief.
I was also irritated by the bad choosing of names.
The killer was killed the Thief. Well, you go for thinking of that.
Juliana worked at the Agency. James is head of the Gathering. And Thomas is a Warden for the Council.
Jesus Christ. By just using capital letters for normal words, you aren't giving names!

And everyone agrees with Juliana the whole time, but most of the time she is not reasonable. She fainted when confronted
Sapphyria
Sep 11, 2014 rated it really liked it
**Warning: Book 1 spoilers ahead....

Pertinent information from my review of Book 1 that is also relevant for my review of Book 2 ~ Juliana Norris is a Realm Walker with mixed heritage: half-dark fae and half-mage. She has a gift that allows her to see the signatures of the various Altered that walk among the humans for tracking purposes and and uncanny ability to spring back to life after being declared dead.

Children are vanishing at an alarming rate; being plucked from public places without an
Melanie
Jan 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-in-2014, ry-2014
5*s
Loved it!
review posted here...
Death’s Daughter is the brilliant sequel to Realm Walker in the series of the same name and I devoured it!
This time around Walker Julianna Norris is put in charge of a huge case involving the disappearance of ‘Altered’ children. Someone is taking them in broad daylight, from highly populated areas where people should have seen something – but didn’t. Why take the children? What does the perpetrator plan to do with them? Whe
Amy A
Dec 09, 2013 rated it it was amazing
4.5

Originally posted at Vampire Book Club

It has been a couple of weeks since the events in Realm Walker. After being demon-ridden and coming out of it alive, Thomas hasn’t been speaking to Juliana. She figures it’s because of the method used to free him of the demon and the secrets about her lineage this exposed.

While she’s wondering about the state of their relationship, it’s not the only thing on her plate at the moment. Someone has been kidnapping Altered children. ‘The Thief’ has been taking
Lorna
Apr 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I read and reviewed Realm Walker when it first came out and thought it was a well written, interesting Urban Fantasy. I really enjoyed it and now with this book, I think the author has outdone herself. I received this book from Net Galley in exchange for a fair and honest review.

What I liked about this book:
Juliana is what is known as a Realm Walker in a world where supernatural beings live side by side with humans. Realm Walkers are called in by the police whenever a crime involves an Altered
Amanda
Oct 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: urban-fantasy
*Reviewer for Paranormal Romance and Authors that Rock!*

*5 fangs

You jump right into Juliana's life off page one. She is still working for the Agency, much to Thomas's dismay. He's moved out of his mansion and into a hotel as a temporary residence. He could not live inside those walls where Juliana suffered so much when he left her. He truly thought that he was doing the right thing and letting her live a life without him hovering and had no idea she would be a target. He's hoping that she will c
Franny (The Reader's Edge)
Jan 25, 2014 rated it really liked it
Release Date: March 31, 2014
Publisher: Carina Press
Author’s Website: http://kathleencollins.wordpress.com/
My Source for This Book: Carina Press
Part of a Series: Yes, Book 2, Realm Walker Series
Series Best Read In Order: Yes
Genre: Urban Fantasy

REALM WALKER is the second book in the Realm Walker series by Kathleen Collins. I was given this book by the publisher in exchange for an honest review.

Juliana Norris is a Realm Walker with the Agency. The agency she works for sends her out to retrieve para
Jeanie
Feb 08, 2016 rated it really liked it
"Realm Walker: Death's Daughter"

by Kathleen Collins

WHEW....I sure am glad I went ahead and read the second book in Ms. Collins "Realm Walker" series! From the first few pages I knew I was going to be "all in" with this story.

More background information and power descriptions along with a great setup for the storyline. I now have a better feel for Juliana and her cohorts. The reading was engaging and the characters believable (even in a paranormal way!). Even though I am glad I read book 1 I thin
Midwest Romantic
Nov 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing

Series Review posted on my blog Live Laugh & Love Books

Reading the Realm Walker series was incredible from the beginning to the end. I loved everything about it and as soon as I was done with one I moved right on to the next! Kathleen Collins has created a great world full of amazing characters.

The story was well written and rarely got boring. It had a great flow too, not to fast but not too slow. Juliana and Thomas are A-FREAKING-MAZING!!!! I LOVE them, her with her badassness and him with
Carrie
Mar 20, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: calibre-library, 2014
I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

This book blends a crime procedural with a paranormal romance with lots of witchy flair. Yes, there is some child crime, so if that isn't your thing, this might not be the book for you. Even me, a long time crime procedural avoider, however, found this to be a good change of pace to my straightforward paranormal romance reading.

Juliana is still the strong female lead we all remember from the first book. She and her mate are still at
Jeanette Andromeda
Dec 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing
2 Sentence Plot Synopsis:

Juliana is brought in to help a species-ist human police force try to stop a spree of Altered (non-human) children kidnappings.

The only real clue left for her to follow, is that the person responsible can wield wild magic, which means this person is not only dangerous, but incredibly powerful.

This book is, hands down, my favorite one in the series.

The fact that children were the target made me care so deeply about the outcome of the story and that made the tension in the
Wendy Dinwiddie
Apr 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I received an ARC of this book in exchange for an honest review.

I am absolutely in love with this series. This is the second book in the Realm Walker series. What I like most is each book has an ending. The books are based on Walker Julianna Norris's life. Her romance with her mate master vampire Thomas Kendrick and her life fighting evil. We get to hang with her co-workers and friends. There is some of Thomas' POV which thrills me. There is a sad part in this book that I was totally not expecti
Christopher
While Death's Daughter is defiantly an interesting take on urban fantasy, I feel like part of me expected more. I did actually enjoy this book even though I haven't read the first one, which probably lost some of the impact of the story. Even though the events or at least the more important events from the first book are mentioned by the two main characters, which was useful. I feel like if I had to describe this book without revealing to much information on the plot, I would say it's a cross be ...more
Doris
Dec 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing
WOWZA!!! What a follow up!
In book one we saw that Juliana was struggling to do her job and keep herself alive, then Thomas came back into her life. Her 7 year gone mate! Thomas was able to help her to stay alive, so what if she stabbed him in the process.... a girl has to do what she has to do!
We are able to get to know Juliana and Thomas as a couple more in this book. I must say, the ah.... love scenes did catch me a tad off guard as I wasn't expecting them to be as graphic as they were, so h
Amy Braun
Aug 31, 2015 rated it liked it
Good, but what got me this time was the sense of emotional disconnect. I just didn't feel like there was enough emotion centered on the gravity of the killer hunting kids, nor was it ever really explained why he went after kids and not adults. The same could be said for the character death that occurred. It seemed out of the blue and there was nowhere near enough grief to be felt, especially from the person who was the character's sibling. I felt like the ending was really rushed and would have ...more
Dutu
Mar 20, 2014 rated it really liked it
Another good book by Kathleen.

I almost got used with the ideea of the story, the things that happend before, but are never described...you need some training to understand that you didn't missed any books, they only talk about things that happend but there was no book to explain them.
This is my only problem with the book.

The action it's good, the chemistry between Thomas and Julianne it's hot, the sex scenes are not so good, they could have been better...but I hope we are getting there in the ne
Bianca
Jun 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing
As I reread this series to refresh myself for the third book it all started coming back to me and I must say that it makes me want to go back and reread a lot of my books. I'm really interested to see where the third book is going and hope that it doesn't end in a cliff hanger because it seemed to have taken so long for this new book to come out. Still kinda hard to believe what happened in the end, cut you would've thought Thomas would be a bit sadder.

Who's her mother, and will Rachel and Juli
Michaela
Aug 10, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I got this book through Goodreads first reads, and to be honest, I wasn't expecting much. But from the beginning I was hooked, I mean, I finished this book in one day. It was really great, the plot was developed really well though after awhile I could tell who the bad guy was. The characters were also well introduced, and I didn't find myself getting bored with lengthy descriptions of eye and hair colors. Kathleen Collins did a very good job with this book, I'm going to have to go out and find t ...more
Stacy
Nov 29, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley
There are plenty of situations in book 2 that had my heart pounding. I even shed a few tears. I got most of everything I was hoping for in DEATH'S DAUGHTER. I nice pace, great writing, action, danger, suspense, and romance. I didn't figure out the mystery until the end and was pretty shocked that I didn't pick up on it sooner. That is a win in my book!

Watching Julianna come farther out of her shell was very entertaining and I can't wait to see more of Juliana and Thomas in book 3.

* This book was
Julia
I probably would have enjoyed this more if I started the series with book one, as much of the interplay with Thomas and Michael went over my head (and I was left wondering about Jeremiah and Ben). Still, the central plot of the story was easy to enjoy, and I soon felt caught up on Thomas. A police procedural reminiscent of Diana Rowland's early series, this mix of magic and investigation was fun.

Full review to follow.

Sexual Content: Sex scenes.
Pamela
Nov 18, 2015 rated it really liked it
Deaths Daughter does not disappoint, though not as super as the first book. I figured out the killer by midway and wanted to smack Julianna for the way she acted to Thomas. I hope that the third book will bring up the bar again. Still, the story is wonderful, and this time there is the hot sex and passionate tension.!

Read the rest of the review at http://www.ismellsheep.com/2015/12/do...
Jenn
Apr 09, 2014 rated it really liked it
These books can't come out fast enough as far as I'm concerned. I'd like to see more of Juliana's father - just who he is makes him interesting.

There's a loss that hits home for Juliana, but I think it could have been more effective. I would have liked to spend more time with the character before having to say goodbye. It was also not much of a surprise that someone in the family was targeted, especially considering who was responsible.

Doesn't matter. I still want more.
Maria
Apr 11, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: fantasy-urban
The plot seemed forced and a little too predictable. There wasn't the same level of care given to the characters and their actions as there was with the first book. There were a couple of conflicts that were just abandoned that were probably done to set up the next book, but ended up leaving the reader with that vaguely dissatisfied feeling.

• A Cold Day in Hell (Hellcat, #3)
  • Save the Last Vamp for Me (Discord Jones #3)
  • Twisted Miracles (The Shadowminds, #1)
  • Soul Sucker (Soul Justice, #1)
  • Wildfire Gospel (Santeria Habitat, #3)
  • Dancing with Dragons (Never Deal with Dragons #2)
  • Blade on the Hunt (Goddess With A Blade, #3)
  • Demons of Desire (Half-Breed, #1)
  • Night Blade (Colbana Files, #2)
  • Fire Within (Guardian Witch, #2)
  • Pooka in My Pantry (Monster Haven, #2)
  • The Wolf Prince (The Pack #13)
  • Electric Storm (Raven Investigations, #1)
  • Hidden Trump (Bite Back, #2)
  • Darkest Caress (Empowered, #1)
  • Magic of the Void (Winslow Witch Chronicles #1)
  • The Guardian of Bastet
Kathleen Collins has been writing since Kindergarten. And while her ability has drastically improved, her stories are still about fantasy worlds and the people who play in them. The rare instances that she actually finds some spare time, she spends it playing with her two boys. Three if you count her husband. She is currently hard at work on her next book.

Realm Walker (4 books)
  • Realm Walker (Realm Walker, #1)
  • Blood Slave (Realm Walker, #3)
  • Prophecy's Child (Realm Walker #4)