Start by marking “The Twelve Dancing Princesses (Faerie Tale Collection, #9)” as Want to Read:
The Twelve Dancing Princesses (Faerie Tale Collection, #9)

The Twelve Dancing Princesses

(Faerie Tale Collection #9)

Twelve princesses, one gardener, and a mysterious secret . . .

As the castle gardener, Aleck is paid well, has his own room above the stables, and he is able to support his mother and younger brothers and sisters. Why would he risk it all for one girl?

For weeks now, Princess Cascadia and her eleven sisters have awakened each morning to swollen feet and tattered dancing
Kindle Edition, 1 edition, 94 pages
Published November 17th 2013 by StoneHouse Ink

Start your review of The Twelve Dancing Princesses (Faerie Tale Collection, #9)
Jenni James
Nov 19, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
This book has finally been released! YAY! I hope you love it. It's definitely a fun twist on the adventure of one of my favorite fairy tales ever. :)
Nikki H
Apr 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really liked this book i have never read a retelling of the twelve dancing princess before but as always Jenni james does not disappoint with this one and I would highly recommend it
Melanie
I've read several of these books and have enjoyed them all! I was excited to get The Twelve Dancing Princesses because it is one of my favorite fairy tales and I love to read re-tellings of this one in particular.

Princess Cascadia (Casey) is one of the princesses and has been making frequent trips to the garden lately to be around Aleck, one of the gardeners. During one of their conversations, she lets him in on the secret happening in her house: the princesses shoes are all worn through every
Amanda
Feb 23, 2014 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I have always liked the story of the twelve dancing princesses, so I thought it would be fun to read this one. Ugh. Ugh, ugh, ugh. How has Jenni James got all these books published?

The basic bones of the story are there, but her explanation of why the princesses are dancing is dumb, the hero is insipid, and can I just say, I have almost never read worse dialogue in a book.

Ghastly, do not recommend.

If you want to read a great retelling of this story, check out Robin McKinley's version in the
Cindi
Oct 07, 2015 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
This was a very quick read for which I am grateful...the dialogue was as if the people lived I older days but it just bugged me. I'm not planning on reading anymore in this series any time soon. Ages 8+
Sophie Thompson
Not one of the best in the series but it was ok
Isabel
Mar 07, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This book was slightly better than the others, but not by much. I actually sort of liked Aleck in the beginning when we learned about him and his family. Once Casey came into the picture, I started to dislike him more as the book went on. The plot line is once again rushed, the characters have almost no depth, the “villain” is defeated in just s few pages, love that isn’t really love(more like infatuation), etc....

Oh and also this charming line: “Shh. Listen to me, you headstrong woman.”

This
Rachael
Sep 17, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed this retelling of the twelve dancing princesses. I have always loved the fairy tale ever since I saw the Barbie movie. I loved the twist she put on this story with the dancing enchantment and the romance. I'm now caught up to book 12 in the series.
Rrshively
This book is perfect for many fifth and sixth grade girls. It takes a fairy tale and turns it into a chapter book. As an adult, I felt it was a little simple, especially the ending, but I would give it to any girl of that age who was interested.
Ann Marie
This started out so good but as soon as he got into the castle it was like everything sped up super fast and he was a different person with his thoughts and actions. Disappointed in how the ending happened.
Leah
Dec 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I dont recall the details extacly on the orignal version of this story, but i love Jenni James take on the classic tale.
very easy to read, could not put the book down.
Maria Mitchell
Cute and quick.
Jacqueline Lam
The pretext is rather weak. The plot unoriginal......the only attraction is my fascination with the fairytale itself! So I have read several and this is the weakest.
Rmsooon
Mar 30, 2019 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Ive read " the twelve dancing princeses" ,, it was my least favorite ,, i ddnt enjoy it much ,, i gave it 1.5 out of 5
Lenni Jones
I wasn't feeling this book at all. It's actually kinda sad since I have been dying to read this book forever. I don't have much more to say than that it was kinda disappointing and boring.
Ritika Chhabra
Oh, another amazing book by Jenni James. The Faerie Tale Collection has now become one of my favorites. I loved Aleck and I loved Casey and I loved the certain twist that the author played upon us. It was all so mysterious and so, so, so confusing an do unexpected.

When I picked up this book to read, I merely did this because it was a part of the series. Of course, as a kid, I had loved the Barbie version of the original story but this version was so much better than that. Hats off to James for
Nessa
Jul 31, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This story is AMAZING! I fell in love with the classic fairy tale many years ago, and have read Jessica Day George's dancing princess series several times. But this story really brought out the hopeless romantic in me!

Aleck works as a gardener in the palace. He is also in love with Princess Cascadia, "Casey" for short, who is in deep trouble with her sisters. Every night, she and her sisters awaken to swollen feet and tattered shoes, as if they were danced in. However, they have no memory of
Katelyn
Nov 13, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book was great! The love story was cute and simple. A little fast and not as developed as Cinderella but still good. Again, no love-at-first-sight business going on. The gardener was a dear and ever so kind to everyone he was with. The author didn't go much in to Cascadia's character but she was good nonetheless. The story left on a good note, though a little to quick. The romance was romantic and the there were some touching parts to the story. For those looking for an in depth book with ...more
Lauren
I just felt meh about this. Maybe younger readers would like it more, but it felt too simple to me. I didn't connect with any of the characters - they all felt flat, and it felt like I was just skimming the surface of the story, even though I know it was a novella. I needed more depth, more emotion. I wanted to see more of the relationship, not just the plot of the fairy tale over again.

I might still check out another from the series, though. The covers are lovely and I've heard the author speak
Amariah Dixon
Jun 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Oh how I love this book! The characters are so wonderful and the story is so engaging! I flew through this book (kind of regretfully) but I just enjoyed it that much. The author of the Jane Austen Diaries does not disappoint in her Faerie Tale Collection! To say the phrase "I could not put it down" is an understatement. The story is so magical, charming, elegant (within the contents), and romantic. Aleck is such a great person and his devotion to Casey is absolutely sweet! An awesome read!

Emily Thibert
If you're looking for a disney or classic fairy tale, than look no further. If you're looking for a book that has character, action, mystery, romance and deep development, you might want to take a pass. All depends what you want to read and what you are craving at the moment. Lovely all the same.
Jassa
Feb 16, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle
Another great fairy tale by this wonderful lady! I never would have thought that the 12 princesses didn't know what was going on. That is a great twist and turns out that it was much bigger than just the girls. I loved that too. Well done!
Jacklynn Pragosa
I was glad to re-read Casey’s and Aleck’s story again and solving the mystery of the dancing princesses. Since I just started reading this book yesterday, I somehow finished it today. I guess when you’re enamored in a book time flies pretty quickly.
Abdmoody
I liked the story and that it was slightly different than the story line most thought of. The ending was a bit flat. Or I possibly would have given it 4stars. It was the first of her Faerie tale collection that I read. I look forward to more.
jgyweniverel
Jun 12, 2014 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own-book
Now this IS my favorite fairy tale!
Wonderful story, and am interested to read a new twist to the tale.
Lisa Dickson
Jun 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love these stories.. So cute and the love stories are so sweet
Clara Jansson
It was a nice little fairy tale with happy endings. A nice little read
Oct 09, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy, ya-fiction
A cute retelling of the 12 dancing princesses. A fun & easy read. My 12 year old really enjoyed it, too.
language: clean, heat level: none
Victoria
Jun 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
It is a great book to read
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 1 Nov 21, 2014 07:05AM
¿Por qué no una traducción al Español? 1 2 Oct 22, 2014 01:47PM
Translation to Spanish 1 1 Jul 07, 2014 03:49PM

• Beauty and the Clockwork Beast (Steampunk Proper Romance #1)
  • The Convenient Marriage
  • The Fairest Beauty (Hagenheim, #3)
  • The Final Warning (Maximum Ride, #4)
  • Ever Shade (A Dark Faerie Tale, #1)
  • Evangeline (A Dark Faerie Tale, #0.5)
  • Just One Kiss
  • Ever Fire (A Dark Faerie Tale, #2)
  • Dark Reunion (The Vampire Diaries, #4)
  • The Fury (The Vampire Diaries, #3)
  • Ghost Hunt, Vol. 1 (Ghost Hunt, #1)
  • Nightfall (The Vampire Diaries: The Return, #1)
  • A Good Man Is Hard To Find
  • The Skin of Our Teeth
  • A Hunger Artist
  • The Dandelion Killer: Sometimes Blood Runs Yellow
  • Some Quiet Place (The Other Plane, #1)
  • The Princess Companion (The Four Kingdoms, #1)
CLEAN ROMANCE FOR TEENS:

*The Jane Austen Diaries*
Pride & Popularity (Aug 2011)
Persuaded (Aug. 2012)
Emmalee (Jan 2013)
Mansfield Ranch (Dec 2013)
Northanger Alibi (Feb. 2012)
Sensible & Sensational (July 2015)
Sand & Sun (2016)

Cinderella
Hansel and Gretel
Jack and the Beanstalk
Snow

Faerie Tale Collection (1 - 10 of 14 books)
  • Beauty and the Beast (Faerie Tale Collection, #1)
  • Sleeping Beauty (Faerie Tale Collection, #2)
  • Rumplestiltskin (Faerie Tale Collection, #3)
  • Cinderella (Faerie Tale Collection, #4)
  • Hansel and Gretel (Faerie Tale Collection, #5)
  • Jack and the Beanstalk (Faerie Tale Collection, #6)
  • Snow White (Faerie Tale Collection, #7)
  • The Frog Prince (Faerie Tale Collection, #8)
  • Rapunzel (Faerie Tale Collection, #10)
  • The Little Mermaid (Faerie Tale Collection, #11)