Start by marking “Frozen: The Junior Novelization” as Want to Read:
Frozen: The Junior Novelization

Frozen: The Junior Novelization

Walt Disney Animation Studios’ Frozen is the story of Anna, who sets off on an epic journey to save her kingdom. Teaming up with an adventurer named Kristoff and his reindeer, Sven, Anna searches for her sister, Elsa, whose icy powers have trapped the kingdom in eternal winter. Enjoy this retelling with eight pages of full-color scenes from the film!
Kindle Edition
Published by Disney Press (first published October 1st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Frozen, please sign up.
Ella Freeman Sadly you can't READ any books on Goodreads But You can check a lot of books at your local library, Download the Overdrive App on your Device, or you …moreSadly you can't READ any books on Goodreads But You can check a lot of books at your local library, Download the Overdrive App on your Device, or you can buy it on your device too!(less)

Start your review of Frozen: The Junior Novelization
Miranda Reads
Let it go, let it go
Can't read this one anymoreeee
Let it go, let it go
Burn the audio, slam the doorrrrr
Oh lordy. Lordy lordy lordy. Talk about the movie being better than the book.

Princess Anna and Princess Elsa lived in the same castle for their entire lives and yet they barely knew each other.

When they were kids, they did everything together - often sneaking around late at night to play with Elsa's budding snow-magic-powers.

One tragic (and convenient) accident later, Anna's m
Jul 03, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a fun adaptation. We listened to it in the car on a road trip. I thought there were some sloppy places and a little too much show not tell, but all in all it was really entertaining. I loved that we got insights that you don't get I the movie. That's the best part of books that movies can't beat. If you loved the movie, then you'll love this. However, there's no music, which I realize is a big deal for people.
Rebecca McNutt
What a waste of paper. This is just an unnecessary novel for a very overrated movie. I'll bet anything that Disney somehow rigged the ratings this film has gotten. Sure, it wasn't a bad kid's movie, but all this merchandise is a waste of time and money. I've seen better animation and I've read much better books.
Michelle
Oct 08, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2013-reads
The fact that I've read this really proves how freaking excited I am for this movie.
Alexandria
Feb 25, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Samantha King and Patricia King
Recommended to Alexandria by: The Movie
Sophie Crane
Sep 05, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Written exactly like the movie - which is essential when you have a little girl that know all the words and would not put up with a different version!
lily:)
Nov 30, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: disney-movies
Brandy
Apr 04, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Awesome book

it is amazing.I love this book.I have the DVD,the book,and the song book.it is sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo great.I love it so much
Tara
Jan 08, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: nookboook, 2014
Such a cute book. With a few exceptions, it follows the movie exactly. I kept singing the songs to myself as I read.
Twyla Meeus
Mar 28, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Since I don't watch TV that much and everyone I know is going crazy about this movie, I thought I'd just read the book and have it over with. It also took me less time than the movie would, which is wonderful.

I can't be as positive as everyone has been about this movie. It's a Disney movie and we all know that they're pretty much all the same. Drama -> solution -> real love -> happy ending. And that's the same with this one.

It's decently written and only a few typos, which is pretty good.

It also
J.E.
Listened to it with the kids. Cause watching Frozen, Frozen two, all the shorts, coloring Frozen pages, listening to music, and talking non-stop about Frozen isn't enough. Let me just say... WHY DOES THIS EXIST. It's literally word-for-word the movie, with no variation and no new information.
Stacy Renee  (LazyDayLit)
We spent all of December reading through this chapter by chapter! My daughter loves the movie and enjoyed hearing this read aloud.
Ali
Jul 31, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Anna, a little girl couldn't sleep one night. She woke up Elsa. They started playing Elsa used her ice powers to make ice pillars so Anna could jump from pillar to pillar but she accsadently hit Anna with her magic.
Anna would be all right but Elsa had to hide her powers from Anna. Years and years went by and Elsa still didn't open her door for Anna.

One day the king and queen went on a ship but did not return because the ship sank into the waves in a fierce storm. The people of Airendale needed
Miss Ryoko
I was very excited to see there was a Frozen chapter book that I could use at school. At the preschool I work at, I read chapter books before rest time with my class. And currently, my whole class is obsessed with Frozen (who isn't?), so when I saw this book in the Scholastic catalog, I ordered it right away.

I don't have much experience with movie novelizations, but I had very low expectations for the writing of this book. But it was only $5, and I knew my students would be super excited, so I d
Leah
Nov 30, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: i-own
Flew through this book it was so magical and excited to learn about the characters love it if u love disney and magical fairy tales then READ this book !! :)
Jerry
Jan 11, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
A good novelization...but, I prefer the Cinestory version.
Miss Pippi the Librarian
As the title suggests, Frozen: The Junior Novelization is a written out story of the Disney movie Frozen which came out in 2013. The audio of Frozen the chapter book came out in 2014.

Overall the stories are very similar, but the novel fleshes out the storyline a bit more. The songs are not sung in the audio, but the atmosphere of the celebrations are mentioned. The story follows the movie closely, only two strange items were mentioned that caught my attention - Kristoff's wagon and someone wear
Hope Strickler
Temmie
Aug 27, 2014 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
She did not like how they deviated from the movie. She didn't like the extra bits about the the sled being able to be a wagon. She was very adamant that they forgot to tell Olaf not to the touch the fire too.
♆Some-person♆
Jan 21, 2014 rated it liked it
Lol. Okay look. I know this is probably a kids book and all,but I wanted to read it. So I did. You got a problem with that? Cuz if you do then-uh......... I don't know..... Fix it?

*facepalm*
nelda l hackett
Apr 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Greatest movie ever

you know how to write a good and movie and a good book I think this should be on Broadway

Taryn
Jul 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love this book it the best my fav
Stephanie
Jul 08, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
We are fans of the movie (my 3 girls & I) so we naturally wanted to read the book at bedtime 👌🏼 ...more
Joanna Loves Reading
Cute story based on the movie. The narrator was clear and easy to listen to, nothing amazing but decent. I have problems with the storyline, as I do with the movie's, and there are no fun songs to make up for it here. Hans is and always will be a problematic character to me, and the biggest weakness of the story.
Nina
Jul 03, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Listened to the audiobook cause I was a bit sick (or hungover, who knows) and I needed something to keep me company. Found it a fun and nice adaptation. Most is exactly the movie (which I have seen more times the a 21 year old should have) which I appreciated. Liked the little side bits which gave a bit more information about our heroes.
Anjali
Aug 26, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Loved this book! It was fun to read it; light, easy and entertaining.

Olaf, the Snowman, I liked. One mistake that I found is in the beginning, at one point narration changes all of a sudden and that isn't right.

Other than this, the book is a quick fun read!

(Will update when watch the movie)
Sarah -  All The Book Blog Names Are Taken
Definitely one of the better novelizations of a Disney movie. Eleanor has been obsessed with Frozen pretty much since birth so she loved this one.
Mavis Ros
Sometimes it’s confusing using lyrics as part of their dialogues even though I’ve already seen this movie a lot of times.
Kathy
Dec 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
😍😘
Kayla
Sep 03, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: for-kids, audiobook, 2020
my 4-year-old listened to this 2 hour audiobook in one sitting. first time she's listened to an audiobook that long.
Disney's Frozen 1 3 Oct 05, 2015 11:54AM

• Disney Frozen: Frozen Fever (Junior Novelization)
  • Disney Frozen: Phantoms of Arendelle
  • Ariel The Birthday Surprise (Disney Princess)
  • Inside Out: The Junior Novelization (Disney/Pixar Inside Out)
  • Memory and Magic (Disney Frozen: Anna & Elsa, #2)
  • Frozen 2: The Deluxe Junior Novelization (Disney Frozen 2)
  • Disney Frozen
  • Disney Frozen A Sister More Like Me
  • Tangled: The Junior Novelization
  • Disney Frozen: Olaf & Sven On Thin Ice
  • Disney Liv and Maddie: Sisters Forever (Disney Junior Novel)
  • Disney Frozen: 5-Minute Frozen Stories (4 books in 1)
  • Frozen 2: Forest of Shadows
  • All Hail the Queen (Disney Frozen: Anna & Elsa, #1)
  • Maleficent
  • Aurora The Perfect Party (Disney Princess)
  • Descendants Junior Novel