Start by marking “Deadland Rising (Deadland Saga, #3)” as Want to Read:
Deadland Rising (Deadland Saga, #3)

Deadland Rising

(Deadland #3)

The conclusion of the critically acclaimed DEADLAND SAGA:

Winter has arrived.
It has been nearly one year since the zombie hordes claimed the world. As the plague eats away at its victims’ bodies, the Fox survivors search for a safe place to rebuild what they have lost. But a dangerous new threat has risen, hunting them from every direction. To survive, Cash, Clutch, and
Published April 13th 2015 by Surprisingly Adequate Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Deadland Rising, please sign up.
Rachel Aukes Thanks for asking, Seamus! Deadland Rising is coming along, though it's not looking like it'll be a 2014 release. Lots happens in this book!

Start your review of Deadland Rising (Deadland Saga, #3)
The Grim Reader
Jul 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It's been a long, long time since I finished the Deadland Saga book 2 by Rachel Aukes, still, I easily slipped back into this rotting world where the people are as much to fear as the living dead. Deadland Rising is a fine read to close out the series, equally as good as the previous two books. I often find that trilogies run out of steam and feature a little too much padding. This is certainly not the case here. This is my favourite zombie series without a doubt. Despite the long pause between ...more
Steelwhisper
Wonderful conclusion to the series. Lovely writing. Great heroine!

Ian
Sep 16, 2019 rated it liked it
It seems the author introduces new characters for no other reason than to die a horrible death.

description

I like zombie / post apocalypse fiction and for what it is, this series isn't bad. But it's not one of the better series' either.
Shana Festa
May 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: zombies
Okay, so here's the deal. I promised to have this book read and reviewed two weeks ago. Which, if we want to get technical...I did. But being that Deadland Rising is the final chapter in Aukes Deadland Saga I absolutely had to reread it before I could give my final thoughts. Honestly, I'm still not sure how to convey how I feel about the book in mere words.

So here's the gist of it. Camp Fox is finito and the group heads for New Eden. Of course, along the way they're hit with a bunch of
Celestine
Being a Midwest girl, Rachel Aukes's Deadland Saga sucked me in and spoke to me because I know the cities and landscapes. She has an amazing talent for turning innocuous, everyday places like big box retail stores into terrifying zed zones. I loved the adaptive reuse of the Perkins flag as a symbol of New Eden. The camp meal prepared on the altar table of an abandoned church is a pure literary gem of imagery. The description of bombed out bungalow neighborhoods in Des Moines struck a chord, too. ...more
Linda
May 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: may-2015
I loved this series and this book was the perfect finishing touch. I wasn't sure how Ms. Aukes was going to end the series but she perfectly tied up all the lose ends and left the reader with hope. I look forward to reading other things she has written.
Michelle
Dec 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Michelle by: Tasha
I’m so distraught to have finished this trilogy! I loved it and I can’t believe my days with Cash and Clutch are over. Zombies and end of the world fiction are not really my thing but this series grabbed me and I can’t rate this saga highly enough. Love love loved it.
Ethan Gregory
Aug 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Full review and more available at: http://oneguysguidetogoodreads.blogsp...

*********************************************************************************
My Thoughts:

"Believe me, if I could change the past, there'd be plenty I would do differently. But I can't, and you can't either. We have to accept things as we see them and keep on living."
-Clutch, Deadland Rising P. 52

At the beginning of my other two reviews for this series, I felt the need to explain to my readers that I am generally not
AudioBookReviewer
Nov 30, 2015 rated it really liked it
My original Deadland Rising audiobook review and many others can be found at Audiobook Reviewer.

In an effort to save the residents of Fort Fox from the oncoming hordes of zombies and the harsh upcoming winter, they move their operations onto a couple of barges due to the generosity of another local struggling group. Although greed and thievery create misunderstandings, the zombies still manage to create havoc by distracting the survivors and thus allowing the Black Sheep to board.

A large portion
Lindsay
Apr 14, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: favorites
Simply put; I can't imagine a better conclusion to the Deadland Saga than "Deadland Rising."

For those of you not in the know, the first book, "100 Days in Deadland," is a modern remake of "Dante's Inferno." The second book, "Deadland’s Harvest," is based on Dante Alighieri's tale of the seven deadly sins and "Deadland Rising" covers “Paradiso;" the seven virtues. - I think the concept behind this series is brilliant and very well executed. - Bravo! (I guess this book could technically be read
Sue Moro
Jun 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
I'm totally disappointed....that this series is over! I need more! Not that Aukes fails to deliver a satisfying conclusion to her zombie trilogy. Oh no, far from it. I just want to hang out with Cash and Clutch and see what's next on the horizon for these two wonderful characters!

This series has everything going for it, from fantastic characters to the vivid descriptions of a world torn apart by a zombie plague. The zombie hordes are nightmare inducing! Building the story around Dante's Divine
Silvia
I started off reading this book anxiously awaiting how the author was going to tie up the ending. Since I came to care for Cash and Clutch, I wanted everything to be perfect, and I wasn't disappointed. The book started out with the usual cast of characters including Clutch, Cash, Jase and Gris making their way to an enclosed zombie free settlement called New Eden. Though their hearts and minds still thought of Fox Park as home, they quickly adjusted to life in their new environment. There were a ...more
April
Apr 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Though this is a part of a series it can be read alone. This is a post-apocalyptic read about a girl and her crew that are traveling to find New Eden. The area where there are survivors helping others. The struggle they travel through and end up in is quite large with plenty of twists and turns to keep you reading. Their original crew is of about 9 and more come and go as the story goes on. All in all this could have been made into two stories but it is still great as one.
Shellie Brewer
Jul 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-2015
I loved this trilogy and even enjoyed how it ended. A great zombie read with characters you can't help but care about.
Carolyn F.
I really liked this book until the meeting in Canada and then it was a little too ridiculous and over-the-top crazy with not only the plot but the author's description of the execution. It wouldn't have been that easy. Also, although the author mentions over and over again about how gas is aging and becomes unusable, there's an endless supply. The author tries to cover this through the people finding older cars but in the last scene there were a lot of more modern cars so go figure. I can't ...more
Lucas Hamasaki
Oct 04, 2017 rated it liked it
Slightly better than the first two books.

I like the MC well enough, I guess. But her love interest bores me and it’s not something that can be ignored, since the whole story is about how amazing he is.

The other characters were much more relatable and I liked them a lot. A shame that so many of them kept dying stupid deaths.

The capital plot was also dumb as hell.
Patrick D'Orazio
Apr 23, 2015 rated it really liked it
Deadlands Rising wraps up the Deadland’s trilogy. Cash, Clutch, and the diminished group of close nit survivors that they call family are working on making it to the promised safe haven in New Eden, to the west of where they have been fighting to survive in Iowa for the bulk of the first two books. New Eden is a fenced in community in Nebraska surrounding an old abandoned missile silo. Marco, last of the squad from New Eden sent out to find survivors, promises to lead the group to safety behind ...more
Liz at Fictional Candy
Apr 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, zombie, horror
Deadland Rising completes what has become one of my absolute favorite series ever. Rachel Aukes has written such a beautiful and exciting trilogy, the third book is a bit bittersweet. It has certainly been an eventful ride along with Cash, but oh so worth it. Readers, this is a series not to be missed.

We catch up with Catch, Clutch and Jase after they've been attacked by the Black Sheep and are just trying to make their way through the world. They are moving on to a new community called New
Deviki
OMG........I LOVE IT !!!!

I knew this is going to be a page turner the moment I read finish Chapter 1. You know what i like about these books is that Rachel keep it real. No non sense here and there and definitely no cheesy soppy love story. Love is show when its needed but the main focus has always been the Zeds and survival.
I am happy how the book ended ....perfect not your happy endings like holdings hands and running into the sunset with jolly background music ......

She maintained the main
Veronica Smith
Sep 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I love this series so much and was sad to see this saga come to an end. Deadland Rising is the best of the series and I found myself laughing out loud, crying and yelling at different parts of the book. I took an entire Saturday that I had to myself and read the whole book start to finish. I couldn't have put it down if I wanted to. Deadland Rising is full of family, loyalty and survival; joy and tragedy. When I finished it I felt almost empty because it had to end. Rachel Aukes' writing is ...more
C.
May 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing
So if you like zombies, end of the world scenarios, and kick ass characters, then this series is a must read. Aukes isn't afraid to kill big groups of people in one fell swoop, or even characters you come to love, and it's not just the zeds you have to worry about. Throughout the books, the group of survivors just were trying to find a safe place, but they have to deal with zeds, bandits and even the make shift government. I was glad to see that Cash, Clutch and Jase made it to the end.
David Sanchez
Feb 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing
A fulfilling conclusion

I am glad that Amazon suggested this trilogy to me.... Mrs. Dukes manages what not many are able to do with a zombie universe, she focuses on the human interaction. Zombies are in the background of the story.... The real story is what Cash had to go through.

The story takes some very thoughtful twists. Add with the first two books, I devoured this one in a very short time.

Excellent author, will look out for her future work.
Monica
Jun 16, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed
This is the conclusion to the Deadland saga, potentially. There are always back stories, other characters, and continents which could be explored.
Without any spoilers, I shall just say this:
There is a feeling of completion for a number of overarching stories, conflicts, and character development issues.
Nothing is oversimplifyed or excessively complicated.
Characters and overall plot stays true.
In total, an enjoyable read.
Senona Macias
Sep 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Can't say how much I enjoyed this book. Was a great end so happy for all concerned. If the author wanted she could continue in the series. So surprised that this time there was still the danger of the zombies, the new threat was completely surprising and unexpected. Great job all around. Very happy with the conclusion.
Hilary Chan
Oct 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Those haven't read the Deadland Saga are totally missing out! Ever since I picked up 100 days in deadland, I can't put the series down until I reach the last page of Deadland Rising! The emotional roller coaster and the never-ending adrenaline pump the book offered are simply exceptional! Why hasn't anyone made this into a movie yet?
Darwiza Guimoc
Feb 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing
What an EPIC story this is!

All throughout the trilogy, I was biting my nails in anticipation on what to come next for our heroes. Ms. Aukes did a splendid job in concluding this story. The moment I got my copy of the book I went right to reading it immediately.

I had fun reading the entire series. And I look forward to reading more from you, Ms. Rachel. Keep it up.:)
Glen
I won this novel in a goodreads drawing.

A small group of people are on the road in a zombie apocalyptic America, looking for a rumored town, dealing with zombies, wild animals, and bandits. When they get to the town, they find their troubles are just starting.

Reminds me a lot of Chuck Dixon's comic book, Winter World, which is a good thing. A thinking man's zombie book.
Krystal
Mar 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic finish to a great series. I couldn't put it down and now I'm sad it's over.

As a stand alone book I'd rate this more of a 3.5 or 4 but as part of the trilogy with the overall story it gets a full 5.

Overall the tone reminded me more of the first novel and didn't feel overly action packed or rushed as the second often did.

I wish there had been more zeds and less dogs.
Nicky
May 23, 2014 rated it really liked it
Kathy
Sep 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing
From the very first book in this series I was pulled in. Full of suspense, excitement, and thrills, this last book in the series delivers as much as the others. Best zombie books I've ever read and worth reading again and again.
« previous 1 3 next »
Around the Year i...: Deadland Rising, by Rachel Aukes 1 8 Jul 09, 2017 10:55AM

• All That Remains (Lone Survivor #1)
  • And After (Until the End of the World, #2)
  • Taking on the Dead (Famished #1)
  • Nuclear Dawn: The Post-Apocalyptic Box Set: The Complete Apocalyptic Survival Thriller Series
  • All That Escapes (Lone Survivor #3)
  • All That Survives (Lone Survivor #2)
  • All the Stars in the Sky (Until the End of the World, #3)
  • Dead Haven (Jack Zombie #1)
  • This Would Be Paradise, Book 2 (This Would Be Paradise #2)
  • Peripeteia (The City, #2)
  • This Would Be Paradise (This Would Be Paradise, #1)
  • As the World Dies: Untold Tales Volume 1
  • This Would Be Paradise: Book 3 (This Would Be Paradise #3)
  • So Long, Lollipops (Until the End of the World, #1.5)
  • Controlling the Dead (The Famished Trilogy, #2)
  • Last Another Day (Dangerous Days #1)
  • Mordacious (The City, #1)
  • Apocalypse Z: Book 1 (Rise of the Undead)
I write speculative fiction (science fiction, horror) because I absolutely love asking, "what if..." (and killing off people).

Anyway, here's the scoop on me: I was raised on a farm in Iowa where I boasted the small town’s largest (okay, and only) comic book collection, and I'm still addicted to stories starring badass characters. I did the college thing--both undergraduate and graduate--before

Deadland (3 books)
  • 100 Days in Deadland (Deadland Saga, #1)
  • Deadland's Harvest (Deadland Saga, #2)
“This is Henry, Connie’s husband,” Picadilly said. “And you” 0 likes