Start by marking “Invincible, Vol. 19: The War at Home” as Want to Read:
Invincible, Vol. 19: The War at Home

Invincible, Vol. 19: The War at Home

(Invincible (Collected Editions) #19)

Angstrom Levy returns to take revenge on Invincible and all those he holds dear!

Collects INVINCIBLE #103-108
Published March 11th 2014 by Image Comics (first published February 26th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Invincible, Vol. 19, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Invincible, Vol. 19

Start your review of Invincible, Vol. 19: The War at Home
Paz R.M.
4 Stars

Invincible Vol. 19 collects issues #103-108 and it's full of my favorite things. Action, humour and gore + There's some fights and betrayals that I was not expecting. This volume made me yell, but also made me I laughed out loud. Oh Invincible, you really are one of my favorite series.

Angstrom Levy is back and although we've seen him and his plans before, I can't help but enjoy every moment he's on page. Levy is the one nemesis, the only person who was capable of hurting Mark's love ones
James DeSantis
Jan 05, 2017 rated it liked it
This was a solid volume but kind of feels more build up than anything.

Got a solid moment with Armstrong but it feels like "Been there done that" and the fallout really just builds up the next volume. This is actually where I stopped read, not cause it's bad (Invincible is never bad, always good to amazing) but they didn't release anything past this when I got here.

Really this is a build up volume. So on to the next one.
Maria Kramer
Apr 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
The return of Angstrom Levy and the other Marks! I believe it's this volume where Mark reflects on how many of his alternate universe doubles have gone evil and wonders what that means about him as a person. A great question, really.
Dr Rashmit Mishra
Oct 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was super fun , and it always is super fun whenever Angstrom Levy shows up . In the whole run of Invincible , I feel like his is the only decent villain run . Of course that may well change after the events of this book .

There was a lot to like here, the feeling of helplessness and despair that maybe Atom Eve will be given the same treatment that DC gave Kyle Rayner's wife was a real scary aspect of the book , towards the end the turn of one character was really something I didn't see
Alex E
Jul 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
I know I am late to the game but, Invincible is quickly becoming one of my favorite modern comics that I have read. And that due in large to the fact that Kirkman takes time to set things up. He builds the story slowly, allowing characterization to take center stage and allows the relationships between the characters drive the drama.

This volume see's the return of Angstrom Levy, which is a bit old hat, but Kirkman changes things by not having a violent showdown as we have in the past, but to
Drown Hollum
Mar 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing
The first five issues are meandering subtle catch-ups, leaving a bread-crumb trail made out of confusingly tired tropes and red herrings; but this all culminates in an incredibly well plotted and appropriately built head in #108. It's always been the nature of Invincible to hand us a more quiet story arc between big reveals, but every seemingly meaningless step taken here works for something bigger, leaving the characters in a place I'm very excited to see them explore. Ottley's art is gorgeous ...more
Belinda (TheBookBuddies)
Sep 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: trade-paperbacks
Welp, shit goes down. It appears we have someone plotting to take over Earth, and it's not the Viltrumites. HonestlyI kinda suspected this would happen, but I was hoping I would be wrong. I guess I'll have to see how Mark gets out of this one.
Kris Ritchie
Dec 03, 2018 rated it liked it
Like a lot of others say, this felt like more build-up. Also, felt like there should have been more done with Levy, but that is how this series goes sometimes.
Shannon Appelcline
I stopped reading Invincible a bit more than three years ago because I wasn't convinced that Kirkman had anything new to say about superheroes. Having read this next volume ... my opinion hasn't really changed.

It's a perfectly good hero story with a bit more attention to "normal life" than most, which is a nice twist. But beyond that, it's pretty forgettable. Oh, the multiple dimensions are fun, and the characters are nice, but that's it.

There is a wonderful heel turn at the end of this volume
Michael Church
Mar 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: image
Invincible never disappoints. This volume manages to follow up the ridonkulous events from the last one with plenty of impact. The story keeps things moving, has plenty of high points, and even gives a few moments of rest amid all the action.

I'm loving Eve lately. Ok, still. Never really stopped. She's just got some great character moments on this book. Unfortunately, Ottley does some weird things with her face, but it still fits with the overall style.

I love how the book flows so easily from
Anchorpete
Oct 24, 2016 rated it liked it
Wow... Volume 19.

That is pretty incredible.

I love this book, and yet I find that Kirkman has qualities that vex me, the same way that Bendis does. I love so much of the work they put out, and I have read 100s and 100s of comic book issues that they have written, yet there are often times where I feel like they have a limited range, and yet are so very successful.

Both Kirkman and Bendis can get preachy in their books, where their characters have these long diatribes. Luckily, this particular
Alenka
Jan 21, 2016 rated it liked it
I was a little bored and occasionally disappointed this issue. The interactions between Eve and Angstrom were definitely the highlight; I wish there was more focus on this idea/realization that superheroing doesn't solve all problems, or rather root problems. I'm pretty uninterested in the stuff going on on the moon and was bummed that that lady viltrumite showed up in the way she did. I loved that scene a while back when Thragg was scolding some of the viltrumites and it seemed like they had ...more
J.L.
Nov 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: november-2018
Major warning that there's some cannibalism at the beginning of this book. That's usually where I put a book down, full stop. I'm not sure that it necessarily added anything to the plot, but it was a good way to represent how ridiculous the Invincibles from other universes had gotten while stranded together.

As usual, more Invincibles equals more drama. And it seemed to feed into our own Mark Grayson, because he makes some questionable decisions throughout these issues.

Proving once again that Eve
Chris Greensmith
Jun 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: invincible
"Holy fuck."
A great volume, Mark and Eve going head to head, Angstrom finally killed, and Robot, I didn't see that coming, I knew he had a bit of a God complex and was struggling not being a ruler any more but I didn't see this coming at all. I feel this issue has changed the tone of the comic, let's see...4
Dan
Sep 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
One of the things I really enjoy about this series is how Kirkman takes risks and chances with his characters, putting them through incredible trauma and stress, killing them off (but they could come back from an alternate dimension), just allowing them to grow and change. Ryan Ottley's artwork is the other major reason to love this series!
Peter
Sep 10, 2019 rated it liked it
A complex, diffuse, script that sets up the next few chapters but does not focus on anything specific aside from an evil alternate reality Invincible. The alternate reality stuff is as the writer admits, trying to keep things fresh.
Jenna
Feb 22, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: adult, graphic-novels
Will Cooper
Sep 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
The return of Angstrom Levy, but also something of a filler collection.
Robert
Nov 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: image, hoopla
Nineteen volumes in and still going strong. Loved Eve’s struggle against Angstrom Levy, and OF COURSE we end on yet another cliffhanger...
Darnell
Aug 03, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: comics
I'm just not into the B plots very much, and I don't like how the multiverse exists but only becomes relevant rarely. Hopefully the ending will meaningfully change the status quo in some way.
Sebastian Song
Mar 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
The ultimate price Invincible has to pay!
Elliot Huxtable
Apr 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: comics
Another fantastic slice of this series, with a few gripping storylines and fair unpredictable twists.
Jeffrey
Angstrom returns seeking vengeance against Mark, while Nolan struggles with the mantle of Viltrumite Leadership. Meanwhile Robot continues to struggle with the mundane nature of the world he lives in.

Having established a virtual clean slate after the last volume, it's surprising to see Robert Kirkman recall old antagonists, tweaked and upgraded but old, for this volume. While it's still entertaining to read, one hope for some new wrinkles. There aren't many here. But I guess that's the problem
Jessica
Jan 16, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: superhero, adult, comics
Nothing special but not bad either. There have been some ridiculous superhero-story events going on here and there, but the story has been getting back to basics for a little while. More character changes and arcs (not that those haven't been going on consistently since the beginning) and some interesting stuff going on. Eve is a good character and I love that she's stayed at her current weight.
However, I really hate reading ongoing comics. The large gaps between volumes means I don't remember
Alex Sarll
The much-trailed return of Angstrom Levy (not really a spoiler when he's on the cover) is finally here, but doesn't go down at all as one might have expected. Elsewhere, another menace is dealt with in a way very familiar from Kirkman's other long-running series, The Walking Dead; which issue came first, I couldn't say, but if anything I suspect the outcome is likelier to be more brutal in the superhero comic than the zombie horror story.
Paul Allard
May 15, 2016 rated it really liked it
I missed a lot in Volume 18, didn't I?

Not having read Volume 18, I've discovered that Mark is back to normal while Eve isn't allowed to use her powers – and they're engaged! I've learnt that Nolan has gained power over the Viltrumites.
There's plenty of character development – and action! Angstrom Levy returns as well. We also have storylines featuring Battlebeast, Doctor Seismic and Robot.

Wow however – this is an engaging and exciting volume, full of plot and action. Well recommended.
Joshua
Feb 01, 2014 rated it really liked it
The majority of this volume deserves a 3 star rating. The plotting was weak and lackluster with very little development actually happening. The extra star is solely because issue #108 makes up for the somewhat meandering issues before it, and then some.

The buildup that has been going on since the start of the Flaxan war comes to a head, and possibly the biggest story arc so far officially gets started.
I can't wait to see where this is going.
Jonathan Roberts
May 01, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2014
Not for the faint at heart. This is a bloody superhero comic (and no I am not British-swearing). The heroes and villains literally beat each other to bloody pulps.
A decent story line with a nice cliff-hanger at the end, some annoying side stories that I could so without. But a decent read. 3 and a half stars
Adam
Feb 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Everything i have said previously about this series continues with this volume. It is always a great read. Seeing the aftermath of Everyone Dies and how Mark is drawn down a similar path to Angstrom Levy is just great. this continues to be one of my favorite reads. I just wish i had been smart enough to start collecting it as a regular comic when it started.
Mhorg
Sep 14, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ok

My one problem with invincible is the repetitive story lines. The same stories over and over. Mark does good, Mark screws up, Mark makes amends. This volume is worth reading, but breaks no new ground.

• The Boys, Volume 12: The Bloody Doors Off
  • The Boys, Volume 4: We Gotta Go Now
  • The Boys, Volume 2: Get Some
  • Thanos, Vol. 1: Thanos Returns
  • Chew, Vol. 4: Flambé

Invincible (Collected Editions) (1 - 10 of 26 books)
  • Invincible, Vol. 1: Family Matters
  • Invincible, Vol. 6: A Different World
  • Invincible, Vol. 7: Three's Company
  • Invincible, Vol. 8: My Favorite Martian
  • Invincible, Vol. 9: Out of This World
  • Invincible, Vol. 10: Who's the Boss?