Start by marking “Yurugu: An African-Centered Critique of European Cultural Thought and Behavior” as Want to Read:
Yurugu: An African-Centered Critique of European Cultural Thought and Behavior

Yurugu: An African-Centered Critique of European Cultural Thought and Behavior

Yurugu removes the mask from the European facade and thereby reveals the inner workings of global white supremacy
Published April 1st 1994 by Africa Research and Publications (first published January 28th 1994)

To ask other readers questions about Yurugu, please sign up.
William 'Damani' No, but it is available as a pdf online (Search Yurugu pdf). I assume it is authorized by the author.

…more

(less)

Start your review of Yurugu: An African-Centered Critique of European Cultural Thought and Behavior
Bradley
Sometimes, I run out of words. I want to write a book on this book and disseminate it among the masses. I want to encourage everyone and anyone who is interested in seeing a full -- a rather awesomely full, detailed, and well-reasoned -- critique of Western Thought.

Let me be clear: this is a critique of Western Thought while USING Western Thought in conjunction with African spiritualism, zeitgeist, and practical/historical experience with the invasion OF Western Thought. It is a synthesis, but
CC
Mar 11, 2008 rated it it was amazing
READ THIS BOOK NOW.
It's hard to find; I lucked out with an interlibrary loan program connected to a few universities. It is absolutely worth reading, though, to be fair, written academically and demanding a thorough familiarity with Western history and philosophies.

It also would have scared the crap out of me, being a white man raised in the European mindset and tradition, as of two years ago. It is not racist or reactionary but it does mercilessly reveal the workings of European "thought and b
LARC
Jun 17, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Alison
Recommended to LARC by: Sonia Godding
Amazing!!...So far it's one of the most thorough books I've read around the de-construction and analysis of western philosophy, exposing many of the reasons and causes for circumstances experienced by people of color today and the ruling mass minority. ...more
Michelle
Sep 27, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: anyone I would be interested in
With its searingly accurate description of the insanity of European culture and behavior -- this book provides the best reality-check I have ever seen in writing. Brilliant, accurate, detailed, conceptually extraordinary, this is in my view a must-read for anyone who wants to put words to what we're inside and the details of its wrongness. ...more
Mark
May 10, 2012 added it
An amazing breakdown of the ideological substrate of current and past European cultural hegemony.
Ty G
Aug 01, 2013 rated it it was amazing
The European and The Beginning of Abstract Enforces and Aggressive Thoughts Behavior Patterns

Thinking in abstract when you think you look you see you see a building. A building is made of bricks you see individual brick you register in your mind a brick is strong a brick become synonymous with strength.
Thinking in the abstract

What is a brick what's the composition of molecules to make a brick. So someone rearrange elements that are found naturally on the earth. Taking for granite the molecule
James Hall
Jul 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely Powerful!!!! Analyzes the rise of Europe and its impact on people of color.
Tommy
Apr 07, 2008 added it
Eye opener
Siddiqtb
My college prof... great book, nice polemic
J.P.
Aug 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
This book is everything! A critique of the west through an afrocentric lense.

Using an African proverb as an analogy for white people, Marimba Ani, pulls together the different major historical events, concepts & figures that contributed to white supremacy & it's current place in the world. She used very specific concepts from Swahili, to help drive her points home and provide the structure for what she's proposing.

She does veer off into conspiracy theories about homosexuality and HIV but given h
Alisa
May 23, 2013 rated it it was amazing
In order to move beyond racism, we have to separate out the development of modern European culture. This books takes out the emotion to help understand the phenomena of how one group of people were able to dominate the world. Through comparing to other cultural paradigms, it raises the consciousness of the reader and take a responsibility of what aspects of all cultures are important to practice to move forward in a more harmonized, just, and spiritual way; if we are willing.
Olivia
Apr 21, 2015 rated it really liked it
In this book Christianity is seen in terms of race...a European religion, impressed upon Africans by Europeans in order to make them European. African traditions are elevated as higher in spirituality and mentality. I think it is a neat history resource without the bias religious views.
Shaaf Matin
Jan 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Enlightening psychological historical look at our zeitgeist. A great read. Ubuntu - I am because we are.
Saad
Dec 11, 2007 added it
Recommends it for: black folks
deeper
Asis Kazi
Sep 25, 2012 rated it it was amazing
It is a Mandatory read !!!!
Frank seven
Feb 13, 2008 marked it as to-read
Recommended to Frank by: frank mccraw sr, m.s.w.
whew, intense! glad i own a copy; i ll be ready for you someday, professor ani.
Reuben Braithwaite
Dec 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I would recommend this book highly to anyone seriously passionate about understanding the world history, especially as it pertains to racial geopolitics, imperialism and colonialism. This author has done for anthropology what Dr. Frances Cress Welsing did for psychology: lay bare the unacknowledged yet brilliant analysis of the impact of the European will to power as a bludgeon against the majority peoples of the world.
Lawrence Grandpre
Dec 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
An essential book that needs to be read by more people. Impossible to summarize in a review. Anyone interested in understanding the western world should read this book.
LLReevesPhD
Jun 01, 2016
David
Feb 05, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »

• Christopher Columbus and the Afrikan Holocaust: Slavery and the Rise of European Capitalism
  • Destruction of Black Civilization: Great Issues of a Race From 4500 B.C. To 2000 A.D.
  • Blueprint for Black Power: A Moral, Political, and Economic Imperative for the Twenty-First Century
  • A Chronology of the Bible
  • The Wretched of the Earth
  • Rastafari: A Way of Life
  • When God Was a Woman
  • Great Black Mamma of Creation
  • Blacked Out Through Whitewash: Exposing the Quantum Deception/Rediscovering and Recovering Suppressed Melanated
  • The Ancient Secret of the Flower of Life: Volume 1
  • The Sibyls: the First Prophetess' of Mami (Wata): The Theft of African Prophecy by the Catholic Church
  • Midnight Robber