Start by marking “Old Desires” as Want to Read:
Old Desires

Old Desires

"What is it with you, Joshua Kent?"

Joshua Kent infuriated Holly -- he was cavalier, overbearing and convinced she was a good for nothing gold-digger! But even worse was his bombshell that her past was a complete fabrication. A new identity -- and the inheritance which went with it -- meant that Holly could embark on a fresh life for herself. But where did Joshua fit into
Paperback, Mills & Boon Romance #4188
Published November 1994 by Mills and Boon

To ask other readers questions about Old Desires, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Old Desires

Kay
Apr 07, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: print
4 1/2 Stars! ~ When Holly opens her door to a stranger her life is quickly turned upside down. Joshua Kent brings her sad news of her mother's cousin's recent death, and that her dying request was for Holly to attend her funeral. Holly's surprised as she had only met Mary once when Holly was a child. For reasons unknown to Holly, Joshua's attitude toward her is one of great disapproval. When the will is read, she is shocked to learn that she is the heir to her cousin's very sizable estate. Joshu ...more
Maria
Dec 25, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A vintage Liz Fielding novel which made me realize something interesting. Since returning to reading romance novels several years ago, I've come to understand that Liz Fielding is a romance novelist on top of her craft. Reading this one has made me understand that she's been on top of her craft for a very long time indeed. She knows how to give a reader a good time - to make you laugh, cry and make your heart leap with the very intimate and tender emotions that only new love can bring.
Desere
Dec 04, 2012 rated it really liked it

Imagine opening your door to a sexy stranger coming to deliver news of a death in the family. Or worse you attend the will reading of the deceased and major shock follows ...she was not your aunt by your mother!

This is the start to the fabulous book by one of the best authors of all time. The chemistry and rough moments of some very delightful dialogue between Joshua and Holly was splendid and so much fun to read.

I loved how the author used little tricks here and there to bring thes
Fiona Marsden
Apr 12, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a lovely vintage romance released under a new cover. I really enjoyed this sweet romance between gorgeous Joshua Kent and Holly Carpenter. His eruption into her life changes everything, challenging her in every way and shaking up everything she believed about her life and her family.

As her executor Joshua had to stick close, to make sure Holly's birth mother's wishes were followed. Although they started badly with Joshua pre-judging her and Holly resenting him, it didn't take
Nell
Dec 13, 2012 rated it liked it
A early book of Liz Fieldings. Enjoyable read but the heroines car changed from a porsche to a Lotus at one point
Quinn
Oct 14, 2019 rated it did not like it
Shelves: trashy-romance
Thought I was on the up and up with the last book (Dangerous Flirtation), but alas, it was not to be.

I'm actually quite disappointed that I have not been emotionally invested in any of Fielding's protagonists. Holly was so stubbornly prickly and Joshua was... he was a bit of a knob at first, but was better after he realised he was being one.

Shame tha
Amy Ella
Mar 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
I absolutely adored the nod to all 'net-twitchers', which I confess, I am. Good inspiration for writing! "...Already attracting curtain twitching from a window opposite..." Ha ha!

Anyway, the review...

This story is mainly set in Devon in the UK. Devon is personally one of my favourite places on this Earth and Liz created such a wonderful picture, I will be visiting again soon!

Joshua Kent is the definition of "...Iron self-control..." A brooding, complex character. Who can
Christy
Jan 02, 2013 rated it it was ok
Joshua Kent is a jerk - and not in the alpha male, too hot to blame for his nonsense sense but in an arrogant, entitled sense. He is cold and rude in the beginning, without checking his facts he makes assumptions about Holly, and then he magnanimously decides to manipulate her into acknowledging her birth mother and changing her life to suit his beliefs. Holly was a weak character, who despite claiming to stand up for herself and make her own decisions seem to run or cave in the face of adversit ...more
Melinda
Cute story. I really felt for Holly and all she was going through. Joshua was abrasive at first, but warms up fairly quickly. The interaction between the two, along with the turmoil as Holly leans the truth about her mother and father, kept my interest and I finished the story quickly.

Lauren-Sophie
Dec 22, 2012 rated it did not like it
I acutally like Liz Fielding... but this book, not so much.
This book is on my "books-i-didn-t-finish" shelf. Before I put a book there I tried at least twice to finish it. After that, I gave up one it.
MissKitty
Oct 25, 2015 rated it liked it
Just OK. For some reason, everything seemed so convoluted, too many twists and misunderstandings going on that just detracted from the story.
JenRider
Dec 26, 2012 rated it liked it
It somehow broke my heart at the end but I was happy about the end.. A little out of time obviously but it was ok..
Jennifer Maddox
Jan 03, 2013 rated it it was ok
I didn't think the characters were as developed as they could have been. The story was good and I had to finish it to see how everything played out.
Leona
Dec 13, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: hqn-presents
This was released as an " e read" from Amazon. com. A very enjoyable read with some unanticipated twists and turns. I recommend.
Kimberlie
Lisa
Feb 12, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

• Seducing Avery
  • Game of Hearts  (Happily Ever After Company, #1)
  • Big Bad Wolf (COS Commando)
  • A Deeper Dimension
  • Say Yes (Glenbrook Girls, #1)
  • Lifelong Affair
  • Iced Romance
  • The Hollow Heart (The Heartfelt Series, #1)
  • Naughty or Nice
  • Stolen Promise
  • Secret Admirer
  • A Lingering Melody
  • Table for Two
  • Stealing Mercy
  • Winner Takes All (Winner Takes All, #1-5)
  • Heartless
  • Play for Me
  • First Time Lucky?
Hi, I'm Liz Fielding, and I'm a best selling contemporary romance author with more than 15 million books in print and Katie Fforde wrote, when honouring me with the Romantic Novelists' Association's Outstanding Achievement Award in 2019 said - "Liz Fielding's books, with their warmth, humour and emotion, have charmed millions of readers. She is a true star of the romantic fiction genre..."