Start by marking “I, Amber Brown (Amber Brown, #8)” as Want to Read:
I, Amber Brown (Amber Brown, #8)

I, Amber Brown (Amber Brown #8)

3.88  ·  Rating details ·  953 Ratings  ·  34 Reviews
Amber's father is back in town. That means joint custody and more parental fighting. What part of Amber belongs to her mom? To her dad? To herself? Struggling for her independence, Amber decides to have her ears pierced. Though her morn has said no, her dad doesn't know that. After all something should belong just to Amber -- why not her ears?
Published September 1st 2000 by Scholastic (first published October 25th 1999)

To ask other readers questions about I, Amber Brown, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about I, Amber Brown

Diane
Mar 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: families
Amber Brown loves the holidays: The shopping, the wrapping, the unwrapping. She isn't having any trouble with gifts, but life is another story. She's so happy her dad has moved back to New Jersey, but her mom isn't. It means the beginning of shared custody and that means more fighting. Amber feels as if half of her belongs to her mom and half of her belongs to her dad, and that doesn't feel good at all.
Katy-Margaret Doss
Feb 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reading-350
This is a review for I, Amber Brown by Paula Danziger. This story is about a little girl named Amber Brown and some of the big changes taking place in her life. Amber's parents are divorced and her dad until recently has lived in Paris but now he has moved back and Amber has to adjust to splitting time between both parents. Her mom is getting remarried to a man named Max, who Amber likes a lot but it is still a big change. When her dad moves back to town he rents part of a house that is shared w ...more
Nicole Stevens
Apr 12, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: stevens-series
"I, Amber Brown, is about a nine-year old girl named, Amber, that is struggling to adjust to her new life with two divorced parents. Amber feels caught in the middle of her parents' coldness and hostility towards each other, and when her mother says that she cannot get her ears pierced until she is 12 years old, she decides that teach them that they cannot treat her like a piece of property that they split. Amber then deceives her father and convinces him to allow her to get her ears pierced. Sh ...more
ProfCurrier
I, Amber Brown is one of the many books in the Amber Brown series. Amber Brown is a sassy nine-year-old who is facing some struggles. Her parents are divorced and everything feels especially different since it is the holidays. Amber's life feels divided between her mother and father.
When her mother says that she cannot get her ears pierced until she is 12 years old, Amber decides to defy her to teach her parents that they cannot treat her like a piece of property that they split. Amber then dec
Dolly
May 31, 2010 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: parents reading with their children
We've read a lot of the shorter, earlier stories in the Amber Brown series and although one of them in particular dealt a lot with Amber's parents fighting, mostly they were fairly light and similar to the Ramona books. But this book has a much more serious theme, with Amber's parents sharing joint custody and her mother getting ready to remarry. It's a tough subject to bring up with children, so this may be a good series for parents who are considering divorce to read to their children. It is a ...more
Jazzmyne
Apr 25, 2016 rated it really liked it
I, Amber Brown is about a nine-year-old girl named Amber whose parents recently got divorced, and both share joint custody of her. As a result of her parent's hostility towards each other and the battle of joint custody, Amber suffers from a lack of self-esteem and lying because she is misunderstood. The parents realize how they are affecting Amber and start to communicate more efficiently for her sake. I use this book to be relatable to any students who parents are going through a divorce and t ...more
Shyanne
Oct 09, 2011 rated it really liked it
This was one of my favorite books to read about 7 years ago. It's about a girl named Amber Brown, who has divorced parents and hates the fact they have shared custody. I can definatley relate to this book, because I felt the same exact way while reading these books. Anyway,so Amber had these neighbors at her moms (or dads, I can't remember), and she always hung out with them, because it made her feel better. Amber liked her mom's house better, because her mom was a fun, crazy mom that everybody ...more
Kayla
Amber Brown chapter books are great books for young readers to read. It is a whole series comparable to Junie b Jones. But this book is fun and adventurous and I think this book is very relatable. The kids will really relate to Amber Brown with the everyday stuff she goes through. Great book for kids to read!!!
Senay Mandaher
Dec 28, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Amazing

I chose this rating because I thought it was very suspenseful and interesting. I recommend this book to girls who are into a lot of you know stuff we do and talking about age many from 8 - 11.
I found out about this series at school when some of my other friends were reading this book.
I,Amber Brown is amazing
Halee
Sep 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This book was one of the first books ever bought for me. I read it over and over and over. It was just something about the book that was very attention grabbing to me and I enjoyed reading it whenever I had the time.
Daisy
Dec 17, 2014 added it
I won this book for doing good in school or something in 4th grade. It is sad and weird and depressing. Honestly, I read it again and I cried during it more than The Fault In Our Stars. But I loved it. Maybe I'm just a mutant freakazoid.
Nicholette
Sep 12, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I love Paula Danziger and all her books. Amber Brown is completely adorable. I know I read a lot of children's books, but they are happy in a sad world. I think that's how I kept my spirits up as a kid.
Simran Cheema
Nov 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing
it was really emotional story at the end i felt afraid for amber brown
that taught me that if you have divorced parents you might having a very hard life you have to choose a parent i would love to have my mom and dad
Sammantha Bellofatto
As with Junie B. Jones, this book is one for young children. But, it is also wonderful for children who may come from a dplit home. It is always good for children to see differnt sides to the story. I think that makes this book really enjoyable and relatable.
Titik Musyarofah
Feb 08, 2011 rated it liked it
read it...
Amanda
Mar 30, 2014 rated it really liked it
One of the nine books my sister gave me, recently. She's had it for several years. It's a cute book. :)
Kate
Oct 15, 2008 rated it it was amazing
This book was fun to read, and hope that lots of other people will read it.
Sarah Myers
Aug 30, 2009 rated it really liked it
I read this in 4th or 5th grade i think and i absolutly loved it. it was one of the first chapter books i really liked. :)
Becky sb
Jul 29, 2014 rated it really liked it
I really enjoy reading the amber brown stories when I was a kid.
Jenny Keener
Aug 18, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Great level N book. I just love Amber. She is wise beyond her years!
Cassandra Jones
(NS) Becca
Oct 29, 2009 rated it really liked it
Shelves: realistic-fict
see goodreads review

Amber Brown is such a fun character and students love that there are more books to follow! They can easily relate to her everyday problems and enjoy the strong character!
Winnie
Sep 15, 2008 rated it it was amazing
love the "i,amber brown"motto thingy.haha
Amber Jade
Mar 14, 2010 rated it really liked it
A fun book that everyone would enjoy.
Jillian
Sep 09, 2012 rated it liked it
I can not get enough of this book!!
GnomeBandit
cute book!
Zoë
Apr 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: whatev
That's when I got mine pierced and we were July and February birthstones at Claire's before gold balls!
Haven't started it yet 1 6 Oct 05, 2008 05:50PM
  • Horrible Harry and the Kickball Wedding
  • Sun & Spoon
  • The Odorous Adventures of Stinky Dog (Tales From the House of Bunnicula, #6)
  • Junie B., First Grader: Turkeys We Have Loved and Eaten (and Other Thankful Stuff) (Junie B. Jones, #28)
  • Cinderella Smith
  • Amelia Takes Command (Amelia's Notebooks, #4)
  • Judy Moody Declares Independence (Judy Moody #6)
  • Carlotta's Kittens (Cat Pack #3)
  • Staying Together (Main Street, #10)
  • Piper Reed Gets a Job (Piper Reed #3)
  • Kid Power
  • The Littles and the Great Halloween Scare
  • The End of the Beginning: Being the Adventures of a Small Snail (and an Even Smaller Ant)
  • The Twins' Little Sister (Sweet Valley Twins, #49)
Born in Washington, D.C. and raised in New York, Paula Danziger knew since the second grade that she wanted to be a writer. Throughout her career, she wrote a collection of children's stories, including The Cat Ate my Gymsuit, The Divorce Express and, more recently, the Amber Brown series.
Danziger loved to travel and meet young kids all over the world. She was embraced by her audience for her abil
More about Paula Danziger...

Amber Brown (1 - 10 of 12 books)
  • Amber Brown Is Not a Crayon