Start by marking “Cat Street Vol. 1” as Want to Read:
Cat Street Vol. 1

Cat Street Vol. 1

(キャットストリート / Cat Street #1)

Keito Aoyama seorang gadis berusia 16 tahun yang pernah terkenal di masa kanak-kanaknya. Tetapi, ketika Keito berusia 9 tahun , terpaksa mengundurkan diri dari dunia hiburan karena di pertunjukan “Sunny Day” ia tidak bisa berakting dan hanya terdiam di hadapan penonton.

Suatu hari di saat Keito sudah kehilangan segalanya ia menolak bersekolah dan tinggal di rumah saja, diu
Published September 11th 2013 by Elex Media Komputindo (first published 2004)

Start your review of Cat Street Vol. 1
Rez
Not your typical manga series. This one has great character development, friendships and a cute love story. Must read! *****
Lauren
Apr 26, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga, favorites
As a former famous childhood actress, 16-year-old Keito Aoyama, has not really done anything else with her life. Feeling dejected and alone she does not see a purpose to her life anymore. Her life changes when she runs into a stranger who takes her to El Liston, a free school for students that don’t belong anywhere else. As she slowly accepts the support of the new classmates around her she is able to open up and finally find a place where she fits in.

I love how all of the different characters a
Marguerite (M)
Rating: 5 stars for the whole series

You all heard of Hana Yori Dango but have you heard of Cat Street from the same author?

With any of her series, Kamio Yoko shows she knows how to deal with coming of age series. Cat Street is the journey of four misfits, four teenagers unable to fit in society. It's beautiful and emotional, with very human characters.

And I have been forever happy since my first read when my ship sailed.
Nina {ᴡᴏʀᴅs ᴀɴᴅ ᴡᴀᴛᴇʀ}
This is a great manga. I really like hearing Keito's story. I liked seeing how she deals with her past.

I loved this. It was unbelievable. For a shojo manga, it is one of the rare ones where the story of the protagonist is stronger than the romance. Yes, there is romance, but really this is Keito's story. This her story, her words, her feelings, her experiences. And it's very powerful, beautiful and sweet. I came to really like all four of the main characters. I liked the storytelling. I liked th
Marissa Teng
Sep 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It's about being strong even after you've failed drastically. I love it. ...more
Lee
Jan 08, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The social issues Yoko Kamio picks in this book are quite interesting, actually.
Though I kinda felt the typical teen-romance stories over-covered that up a bit.

overall, it's pretty nice.

...........though yeah, I still fervently hope the series would go to the dark side a bit more..

================================
2014 re-review:

I didn't know what happen yesterday.

It's 9 P.M already, and I knew I'd better went to bed early, since I haven't got a 'humane' sleep in over a month (less than 4 hours
Mich
Jun 17, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a review for the whole series.

The individual characters were really unique and were really just amazing and the beginning of the book was just fantastic.
Over the process, the story unfolded and many events happened and it was really entertaining while it lasted. The setting was of course, Japan, though, I loved El Liston. The whole idea of it was just awesome.
The ending was cute and touching and I wouldn't change it for anything.
Love Kouichi.
:D
I love Rei's personality.
Love Momiji's clot
Silvia  Gutierrez
Mar 20, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reviewers-choice
Rate for the whole series 4.5 strong stars. Review to come.
Noninuna
The story is about a child actor who're a promising star that suddenly gone MIA & nobody heard about her again. Truth is, she became a shut-in and felt bitter about other people. Years later, while out to clear her head, she was led to a free school El Lisbon. It's a place where youngster who couldn't attend normal school go. There she met a few friends and learned about life.
This is another book that I read because of the adaptation. Even to these days, whenever I remember that jdorama, my eyes
xmas
Aug 09, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
In the last months I read over 30 Shojo series and it has been difficult to find a plot that wouldn't bore me. I really liked this series, as it doesn't focus on romance but rather on the friendship among the characters. ...more
Pari
Full review to come soon!
4 stars for the full series.
Melissa
Mar 29, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
Very nice little series about social misfits.
Kurtis Burkhardt
Nov 17, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
Pretty adorable sweet manga^.^ Great art👌😁💕💕
Jonna 🐼 Panda Josefine
I was a bit hesitant at first but the ending of volume one really made me feel something! So I liked it a lot! Can’t stop reading now :D
Rebecca Meszler
Sep 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another seriously beautiful series from Kamio. I seriously can not get enough of her work.
Marjo
Feb 22, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I actually love this?! This is exactly the story I had hoped for from the resume. Definitely picking up the rest at the first opportunity.
Lissa Hawley
Feb 27, 2021 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Just ok so far.
But I could be feeling picky right now.
Elena
Apr 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow, I am so ugly crying right now.
I take back all I said recently - though I did not like Matsuri Special - I completely love Cat Street.
It's very different from my beloved HYD, yes, but it's a wonderful read that not only has cuteness and amazing artwork, the story, characters and message are so deep and beautiful it's a crime that this will be read by many as "just a simple manga" when it's such a wonderful read.
The characters' journeys are harsh, but the protagonist's growth and how being
Yue
3 stars and a half.

This is a drama. I could not help thinking about Shirley Temple when I was reading Keito's past, when she was a child and her mother insisted on making her a celebrity. And then when she made friends with Nako, who was just using her all the time. Poor child celebrities, being forced to do acting and dancing because of their parents. Due her childhood, Keito became a melancholic girl, without friends and apart from everybody. Until she starts attending this school 'El Liston',
Lohweiqi
May 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favourites
not gonna add all the volumes to my goodreads cause i read it as a whole and will just record down my overall opinion heh.

A really good dose of shoujo fluffiness and inspiring characters. Lots to admire Especially Keito, Kouichi's growth. The emotions were very aptly put across and i can't help but feel attached to the characters and be really proud of them :') We need more shoujo mangas like this! Of course there were some cliches/unrealistic villains but it has won a place in my heart - I lov
Angel
Jan 06, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga, cute, romance
I didn't expect to be reading another shojo manga quite so soon. But here I am reading Cat Street and I am loving it.

Cat Street is about a retired child actor, Keito, who had her spotlight forcefully stolen from her at a young age. Keito, now 16 is in ruins and still quite upset about her situation. After being found not in school, a principal of El Liston she is invited to this school. She there meets a bunch of "stray cats" - people who have different reasons for being at that school.

The cast
Cheyenne
Apr 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Keito Aoyama is a 16yr old former child actress who retired due to an incident on stage and withdrew from society almost completely wasting away her days. She meets a boy named Rei one day who takes her to El Liston, a free school for high school students. Though reluctant she joins El Listen where she meets and joins Rei and his friends Momiji, a lolita clothing designer and Kouichi, a quiet computer genius. After that you could say she starts to live again.

I was on the edge of my seat the whol
Sereneblaze
The story centers around Keito Aoyama, a former famous child actor. Due to a childhood incident, she retired from her career early and withdrew from normal society. Now 16, she passes her days in boredom and without purpose. But one day she runs into a stranger who takes her to El Liston--a free school for high school students like herself, who don't have a place where they belong. Though hesitant at first, Keito decides to enter El Liston and subsequently, she begins a new stage in her life. Wi ...more
Bryn (Plus Others)
Apr 06, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: shoujo-manga
I have a soft spot in my heart for Kamio Youko's best-known work Hana Yori Dango 1-37 -- not that I have read all 37 volumes of the manga, but I've seen the original anime and some of the live-action adaptations, and yes, it is SO problematic, but still, there are all these moments in it that I love.

So I was delighted to give this a try and find that it's like all my favourite bits from HanaDan without (in this volume at least) any of the problems. I love stories about groups of troubled teens c
Nina Fonteneau-Fuentes
I wont do a review for each book but this is an AMAZING AMAZING STORY! A girl raised to be an actress gets her role stolen from the only person had thought was her friend. She doesn't blame the friend who betrayed her but blamed herself. Her parents become uncomfortable and just give up on her and allow her to quit school at a young age and become a shut in.

Eventually she runs across a school that you can come and go as you please as if you are a stray cat and in your own time complete school a
Mich
Aug 03, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a review for the whole series.

The ending was cute and touching and I wouldn't change it for anything.
Love Kouichi.
:D
I love Rei's personality.
Love Momiji's clot
Tria
Nov 06, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Ah, Cat Street. I first came across this because I really love slice of life stories. This is an example how important it is to have friends that could support your dreams and that there will be one time where you face your fears again after you've been defeated, no matter how long it takes, because there is no such things as 'too late'.

After I read this l was like 'this would do good on dramas' and hey, there's an adaptation! I'll watch it as soon as I can.
Nix Buttons
This is definitely a drama, but a more mature one than the average drama. I don't think the genre is shojou, it is josei or at least something between those two. I find it difficult to find the right words to describe this manga, it is a very good one where a lot happens but it still has a slow pace. The four main characters are likeable, all the characters are akward and have problems socialising. It is a good story.
I wish there were actually institutions like the free school in this manga.
Girl In The Trap
Relationships. Emotional. Deep. Interesting. Original. Fun.

Life is a road. A wonderful journey. Sometimes life's rough, sometimes is not. Enjoy little things, appreciate the ones who care about you. Do your best.

Keito has a gift, but her circunstances make her weak. She grows and start meeting the people who will help her change her vision - and so, her entire life.

I really like this manga, for any age. I hope you sympathise with Keito as much as I did.

• Love Me, Love Me Not, Vol. 1
  • Orange 1 (オレンジ, #1)
  • Paradise Kiss, Vol. 1
  • キスよりも早く1 [Kisu Yorimo Hayaku 1] (Faster than a Kiss #1)
  • Orange 3 (オレンジ, #3)
  • Orange 4 (オレンジ, #4)
  • Sakamichi No Apollon: 1
  • Orange 5 (オレンジ, #5)
  • Kubera: One Last God
  • マイ・ブロークン・マリコ (My Broken Mariko)
  • High School Debut, Vol. 01 (High School Debut, #1)
  • Orange: Future (Orange, #6)
  • La Nuit est mon royaume
  • Natsume's Book of Friends, Volume 1
  • Paradise Kiss, Vol. 4
  • Stepping on Roses, Vol. 1 (Stepping on Roses, #1)
  • Paradise Kiss
  • 獨領風騷 18 (完)
Yōko Kamio (神尾葉子) is a popular Japanese manga artist and writer. She is most famous for Boys Over Flowers (花より男子, Hana Yori Dango?), for which she received the Shogakukan Manga Award in 1996. Her work has been translated and distributed in Asia, Europe, and North America.

Yōko Kamio readily admits that she had no intention of becoming a professional manga artist when she was young. Kamio originally

キャットストリート / Cat Street (8 books)
  • Cat Street, Vol. 2 (Cat Street #2)
  • Cat Street, Vol. 3 (Cat Street #3)
  • Cat Street, Vol. 4 (Cat Street #4)
  • Cat Street, Vol. 5 (Cat Street #5)
  • Cat Street, Vol. 6 (Cat Street #6)
  • Cat Street, Vol. 7 (Cat Street #7)
  • Cat Street, Vol. 8 (Cat Street #8)

News & Interviews