Start by marking “Not Until Tonight” as Want to Read:
Not Until Tonight

Not Until Tonight

Every day after work, Haley goes to the bar across the street from her apartment to get a drink. It's the only time she gets to see Skylar, her bartender and crush. She would like to get to know him as more than a friend but she's afraid he won't be interested and she'll have to go elsewhere for her after work drink.

When Skylar asks Haley to pretend to be his girlfriend
Published May 26th 2014 (first published May 23rd 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Not Until Tonight, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Not Until Tonight

Start your review of Not Until Tonight
Superfly Gibson
May 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Quick, sweet, fun... It's a novella and (I believe) part one of a series. Its entirely from the girl's POV.

Great for an afternoon read. It reads fast, the overall tone was light---and it left me wanting so much more. I wanted to dive deeper into Skyler (the love interest) and Tyler (the other bartender)'s characters. I was left with so many questions about the guys. It's only part one of a bigger story so it's hard to say more that.

Great start! Need MORE!
Susan
Feb 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing
A charmingly sweet and fun read, filled with wonderful romantic chemistry and sizzling appeal. The characters are interesting and realistically portrayed and the narration makes it easy to get wrapped up in the novella easily. If you enjoy reading New Adult books, then you will enjoy this short and sassy novella. Written by a beautifully talented and amazing author, Not Until Tonight, will knock your socks off and ignite the night on fire!

Right off, I love that the synopsis is completely enough
Lan Chan
Aug 19, 2014 rated it really liked it
Not Until Tonight is a novella that manages to pack everything into a short amount of words. It's a cute New Adult tale of Haley and Skylar that is both sweet and fun and doesn't try to get our attention by shoving an angsty, broken heroine and hero in our faces which is something that NA tends to do a lot. Who among us haven't visited a bar with a cute bartender serving drinks and haven't had a fantasy about falling in love with said bartender?
I have to also give Jessica points for writing a
Destiny
Dec 31, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Molli Moran
Dec 26, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2014
NOT UNTIL TONIGHT is a super fun, very swoon-worthy New Adult contemporary romance. With a lovable and very relatable main character (Haley) and a charming, slightly devil-may-care love interest (Skylar), I loved this novella right away. As noveallas do, NOT UNTIL TONIGHT is paced quickly, but realistically. Hayley steps out of her comfort zone, and learns that outside it is where life happens. I loved her banter with Skylar and how Jess brought the "pretend relationship" trope to life. There ...more
Mlpmom (Book Reviewer)
May 21, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc-book-read
If there is one thing I have come to expect from Jessica's writing it is that I just know I will get an incredibly sweet and endearing read whether that read is in novel form or a short story, it will be well written and lovable.

Even though this was a short story it was packed with a whole lot of punch. So much so that I fell in love with the characters and cared about them before I was even half way through the story. I was rooting for them the whole way through.

Jessica managed to deliver so
Jessica
Nov 18, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: my-books
The journey of this novella has been a wild ride, but I'm quite pleased with where it all ended up. I'm even more pleased with how this series is going to be, the connections between characters (*cough* Tangela *cough, cough*). Skylar and Haley hold a place in my heart and I'm super excited to share their story (FINALLY) with you.

Thank you all for your ongoing support and love!
Sarah Darlington
Nov 24, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Loved this! Great novella...when is the 2nd one out??
Angie
Nov 20, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: contemporary, romance
Synopsis: "Haley has spent the last year going to the bar across the street from her apartment every day. It's the only thing that winds her down at the end of a long day at work. She gets to have a drink and talk to the gorgeous bartender, Skylar. Her little crush on him is starting to drive her crazy. She wants to take their friendship to the next level but she doesn't want to compromise what they already have.

When Skylar asks Haley to pretend to be his girlfriend for one night, she doesn't
Renee Cook
Jul 11, 2015 rated it really liked it
I received this book for free in exchange for an honest opinion. That, by no means, changes my opinion at all.

Actual rating: 4 stars.

Not Until Tonight (This Night, #1) by Jessica Sankiewicz

Not Until Tonight is the story of Haley and Skyler: two friends who, as a favor, pretend to be a couple and realize they both harbored feelings for the other.

Haley spends her days in an office cubicle and her nights sitting at a bar before going home. The alcohol isn't her main reason for going there each night; Skyler is.

Skyler bartends at the bar that Haley
Lesley
Dec 13, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2014
I received a complimentary e-copy of Not Until Tonight in exchange for an honest review.

Haley has a secret crush on Skyler, who is a bartender at the bar that she pops in at, everyday on her way home from work, but she knows that he just sees her as a friend. One night Skyler hears that an ex-girlfriend of his is back in town and gearing for a night out with their mutual friends and he's not happy about that. The last thing he wants to do is ward off her advances and his friend has the perfect
Patricia Lynne
Dec 04, 2015 rated it liked it
There were things I really enjoyed about the story, but others annoyed the crap out of me. More than once I wanted to smack Haley for being too cautious about Skylar. Of course, if she didn't, it wouldn't be much of a story! I enjoyed the cast and from my understanding other books in the series will focus on them. I would have LOVED to get into Skylar's head and have the story be longer with a dual POV. One thing I did enjoy was how the author didn't go too cliche. (view spoiler) ...more
Nora
Dec 28, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: favorites, reviewed
Not Until Tonight by Jessica Sankiewicz - 4 1/2 stars

Such a cute story! This novella is very short (wish it was longer!) but I got a good sense of the characters in only a few pages. That doesn’t always happen, even in longer books! Some stories you just click with from the start, and I loved this one the whole way through.

Haley is a regular at a local bar where she has a crush on the bartender Skylar. He hears that his ex is visiting and Haley offers to be his pretend girlfriend for the night.
Aline
Dec 27, 2014 rated it really liked it
Given by the author in exchange for a honest review ... Thanks Jessica Sankiewicz!
A loved this novella it's
A great book it's really fun, clean and does not makes the readers lose theirs patience it goes directly for what the readers want that is the love story! and I loved Haley and how she is this independent lady that out comes her fears and go live her life and the story between her and skyler and the fact tha not even with intension he really was the one to make her feel like he liked her
Babbling Chatter  Reads
Dec 31, 2014 rated it really liked it
I received a copy of this book in exchange for my honest review and opinion. Thank you Jessica!

Recommending this 4.5 stars read! It had me hooked since the beginning and I enjoyed every part of it. The uncertainty of giving into your feelings to someone you are crushing on and not knowing how they feel.

“Crushes are for high school and celebrities. Based on what I’ve heard, he’s as smitten you as you are with him.”

You never know what will happen unless you take a risk right? This is Haley’s and
Krystal Smith
Dec 27, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: r2r
***I received this book from the author in exchange for an honest review***
This was a quick little love story that takes place over less than 48 hours. Haley gets the opportunity to pretend to be the girlfriend to a bartender she has been crushing on. It was an easy read with a fun story line, I found that I didn't really connect with any of the characters - not sure if it is because of the length of the book but it felt a little choppy to me. If the series continues with a full length book I
Heather
Dec 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: r2r
*I received a free copy of this book in exchange for an honest review*

Haley has a crush on bartender, Skylar. Every day she stops by to admire him. Then one evening Skylar asks Haley to be his pretend girlfriend for the night. Of course, she says YES! This was a fantastic novella! I enjoyed every minute of it. I loved reading about their relationship going from crush to love in the matter of hours. Don't we all wish our crushes would be that awesome?! I just hope/wish there will be more to this
Crystal Collier
May 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2014
Two Great Things:

1. This novella was clean! Yay! That hardly ever happens in NA.
2. It was just right--not too long, not to short.

Did I say just two things? I liked the characters and the set up was enough to leave some things to the imagination, but also full enough to build a truly believable dynamic.

Recommended to anyone who wants a quick romance fix.
Jenna
Dec 16, 2014 rated it really liked it
I received a copy of this book from the author in exchange for a honest review -

Such a cute, clean, fun book (well technically, novella)! I really enjoyed it. The only complaint I have is that I wish it was longer.:) I loved the characters and found myself wanting to know more about them. I really liked the whole atmosphere and settings. Definitely a good, quick read.
Josie
Dec 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing
**Given by the author in exchange for a honest review**

I really enjoyed this novella. It is a great way to start a series..

I think it was well written, fun, and romantic. I'm looking forward to reading the next part.
Briana Pacheco
May 25, 2014 rated it it was amazing
A quick, clean NA read that will leave you wanting more. It's not too short, not too long (perfect seeing that it is the first in a novella series) Highly recommended!!
Jenny
Aug 31, 2014 rated it liked it
Cute little story. I liked the tension between Skylar and Haley. The only reason it doesn't get more stars is because I'm not a huge fan of short stories.
Nadine
Aug 05, 2014 rated it really liked it
Ah,fake/pretend relationship,my weakness *g* I found the set-up here a bit contrived and I really would have wanted a bit more character development,just a few pages more,but overall I enjoyed this :)
Cameron
Jul 12, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-in-2014
This was really not even worth my time to read. It was fine, but when I read a novella there has to be something special about it. This wasn't special.
Lesley
Marie
Nov 19, 2013
Emily
Dec 30, 2013
Jessica L. Tate is the author of YA, NA, contemporary romance, and poetry.

Jessica spends most days binge watching TV shows, often ones she's already seen more times than she can count. She has a fondness for lemurs and their conservation. She also loves baking, especially chocolate chip cookies from scratch.

She lives with her husband in Ohio, along with her pet mice and rats.