Start by marking “Kat McGee and The School of Christmas Spirit” as Want to Read:
Kat McGee and The School of Christmas Spirit

Kat McGee and The School of Christmas Spirit

(A Kat McGee Adventure #1)

If Kat McGee had one Christmas wish, she'd wish to be special. Instead, she's the boring middle in a family packed with sparkly siblings, including three sisters who have all starred as Mary in Totsville, Maine's annual big-deal Christmas Pageant. All Kat's done is wet her pants on a rollercoaster and earn herself the horrible nickname, "Kat McPee." When she doesn't get th ...more
Published November 12th 2013 by In This Together Media (first published November 5th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Kat McGee and The School of Christmas Spirit, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Kat McGee and The School of Christmas Spirit

Start your review of Kat McGee and The School of Christmas Spirit
Jennifer Morris
Nov 29, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: bedtime
I am rating this book partly from my opinion and partly from my daughter's reaction.

I thought the book was very cute, it's one of those books where kids learn that no matter what other kids do or say you are capable of great things. What makes it more magical is that it takes place at the North Pole with Santa, Mrs Claus and the elves. Overall, it was written well and the point was made clearly.

My daughter (kindergarten) loved this book. We read it at night for bedtime so it took quite a while t
Marissa DeCuir
Nov 21, 2013 rated it it was amazing
A truly special read this holiday season with your kids! The messaging behind the book is pure and simple, and something to inspire confidence, imagination and good deed in young readers. The illustrations are so lively and a perfect companion to a great story!
Erik This Kid Reviews Books
Jan 04, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Kat is the middle child in a family with 7 kids. All of her brothers and sisters are amazing and talented and Kat is… boring. So Kat is surprised when, out of all of them, she is chosen to attend the School of Christmas Spirit, run by Mrs. Claus herself (whom her grandmother, surprisingly went to high school with)! At the school, Kat uncovers a plot to ruin Santa and Christmas! Is it too late to save Santa from a terrible fate?

This is a cute story about a girl who thinks she’s a “loser” saving S
Shauna
Nov 16, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is by far the cutest Christmas book I have read all season!
I giggled when I opened page one and saw the cutest illustration.

My favorite lines from the book:

"People who believe in the unbelievable live unbelievably wonderful lives."

"Wonder is curiosity in its purest form."

"It is the essence of spirit that makes us try new things and take chances."

"There is something for everyone and everything for someone."

"Whimsy is what happens when you allow yourself to be the person you are natural
Peggy
Jul 30, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-review
I was given a copy of this book to read as a precursor to reviewing an upcoming next story in the series prior to publication.

Children of all ages love a good Christmas story. This is a fun, adventurous, account of Kat McGee's North Pole experience and how she looked inside of herself to find that she was special after all. As one of six she always felt like a disappointment to her family. It is a great way of reminding us that we are each special and that there will be a time and a place where
Teri
Aug 31, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a darling story about Kat McPhee getting to work at the North Pole. It is another fun adventure that Kat gets to go on because of the magic her Grandma shares with her. In this story she figures out who the bad guy is and saves Christmas for everyone. This would be a fun story for kids during the holidays. Especially for ones who still believe in a little Christmas magic.
LAWonder10
Apr 23, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The story idea was very creative. It stimulates Christmas spirit.
This was very well-written and really cute!
This would be good for an advanced elementary reader.
It is directed toward an older elementary audience.
Rebekah
Nov 21, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I read this book out loud to my kids on a road trip last Christmas. They loved it! My kids are still a little young for chapter books and it held their attention wonderfully. Very engaging. I highly recommend for any parent looking to entertain kids during the holiday season!
Jason Williams
Nov 21, 2013 rated it it was amazing
a great book for the Holiday season! i read this with my daughter (8 years old) and she loved it! a wonderful gift for your little readers!
Kate Harbaugh
Nov 22, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fantastic read for the holidays!
✨Jinglemarco✨ (Nursery rhymes enthusiast)*

Uhm... please, beware: this book is not of 144 pages, but it has 84 pages of script, indeed.
It is a nice story - like a North Pole Reform School child version, sort of - but it is really too short. It could have done well more words and pages to it. And reindeer with antlers in December are female, because the males shed their antlers at the end of the mating season in early December. It could be more correct in its information.
Jorja
Sep 17, 2015 added it
A great Christmas story with an underlying message of the specialness of every child. Includes Christmas activities for families to build the values and virtues Kat learns during her time at the North Pole and a recipe for tasty Candyfruit Confection (an every morning delight at The School of Christmas Spirit). It is too bad, Mr. Mudge and Principal Pratt either didn’t get selected for Mrs. Claus’ school, or they forgot what they learned. Well written and will appeal to late elementary school st ...more
Gina Hott
Dec 04, 2013 rated it really liked it
This was perfect for me & my 5th grader. It’s still cute and short enough to be read aloud (over many days) but also adventurous enough that she was thrilled to read it herself when we were finished.

More…
Author: Rebecca Munsterer
Source: JKSCommunications & Amazon Free ebook Dec 2013
Grade: B+
Ages: 8-14
Series: Kat McGee
Kristen
Dec 04, 2012 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Cheesy Christmas read. And free on the kindle. Nuff said.
Belinda
Super cute!! Great read with kids focusing on positivity!
Mindi
Nov 27, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2012
Super cute Christmas story for young kids. Good for 2nd-6th grade.
Kel
Dec 21, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kids-books
Under-appreciated middle child learns to appreciate herself and then saves Christmas.
Ngdecker
Jan 13, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: e-book
Entertaining juvenile book about Christmas.
Rosemary Daly
A darling Christmas story. Wish it had been around when my daughter was younger...
L Bongiorno
This would be a great book to read nightly chapters as a countdown to christmas for young children.
Rebecca
Nov 13, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Kristin Riddick
Jan 14, 2013
Josiah Araujo
Feb 05, 2013
« previous 1 3 next »

• Too Many Crooks Spoil the Broth (Pennsylvania Dutch Mystery, #1)
  • All Roads Lead Home (Bellingwood, #1)
  • It's Like This, Cat
  • Free Country: A Penniless Adventure the Length of Britain
  • Operation Ironman: One Man's Four Month Journey from Hospital Bed to Ironman Triathlon
  • Not Tonight, Josephine: A Road Trip Through Small-Town America
  • The Assassins' Village (Diana Rivers #1)
  • Apron Strings
  • The Third Floor (Angel Hill, #1)
  • The Demonic
  • Surviving the Fog (Surviving the Fog #1)
  • The Mystery of Smugglers Cove (The Mystery Series #1)
  • Ethereal (Celestra, #1)
  • The Ghost Files 3 (The Ghost Files, #3)
  • The Ghost Files 2 (The Ghost Files, #2)
  • The Ghost Files (The Ghost Files, #1)
  • The Ghost Files 3.5 (The Ghost Files, #3.5)
  • Half Moon Bay (Clay Edison, #3)

A Kat McGee Adventure (4 books)
  • Kat McGee and The Halloween Costume Caper (Kat McGee Adventures, #2)
  • Kat McGee and The Thanksgiving Turkey Train (A Kat McGee Adventure Book 4)
  • Kat McGee Saves America