Start by marking “Games of Mind” as Want to Read:
Games of Mind

Games of Mind

When former naval intelligence officer Jack Steele opens a letter from his aunt, he makes an immediate decision to head to Nome, Alaska. Although he hasn't seen Marie in twenty years, he's concerned when she tells him her husband, Uncle Jimmy, is in trouble. From the moment Jack picks up that envelope, he knows he's about to enter a situation better left alone. But loyalty ...more
Published November 11th 2013 by iUniverse

To ask other readers questions about Games of Mind, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Games of Mind

Start your review of Games of Mind
Oliver Brooks
Oct 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
Jack Steele is amazing. The author was able to pull this thriller off by keeping the stakes high. I learned a lot from reading this book. Although it was political and he tackled controversial issues, it didn’t sound opinionated or preachy. The story was very realistic and set for today’s times. Loved it!

Isabella Watson
Dominic Simpson
Oct 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
If you’re searching for a book involving murder, deceit, greed, politics and drama, then Games of Mind is your ultimate choice. A jam-packed suspense, set in a sleepy town of Nomes, Alaska and tie-in an investigator from the city, and you’ll get a mega exciting plot that will keep you awake on the wee hours.
Lorna Leicester
Oct 25, 2016 rated it it was ok
Sorry, I don't like to give a poor review but I just couldn't get along with this book.

It seemed to me that the first person narrative was somewhat cliched and the rest read like a school essay. It would have been more enjoyable if both strands were entwined.

I received this book as a Goodreads Giveaway. This is no way affected my review.

Kay Smillie
Feb 25, 2016 rated it really liked it
Decent debut from Dennis Quiles covering mind control, murder, corruption, corporate greed and stem cell research. Jack Steele is the good guy who gets embroiled in this plot in Alaska. A private investigator who I hope to see more of. Perhaps the second novel can embellish us readers on what happened in Jack's life earlier?

Ray Smillie
Jamie Blanchard
May 28, 2016 rated it it was ok
I wanted to like this book. I really did. But there wasn't much "thrill" to this thriller. I found myself frustrated at the change of 1st person to 3rd person depending the character in the scene. Too many characters to follow.
Lya Ramos
Jan 12, 2017
Destiny Brown
Feb 27, 2017
Hannah
rated it did not like it
Jun 13, 2016
Janice
Harriett Trombatore

• Divine Principle
  • Newsroom Buddies: A Working Friendship at United Press International
Dennis Quiles earned a bachelor’s degree in criminal justice and a master’s degree in business administration. A US military veteran and a veteran of the protection business, he is the director of global security services for one of the world’s largest multinational corporations. Quiles and his wife have three children and currently live in Illinois.