Start by marking “Shaking Behind the Microphone: Overcoming the Fear of Public Speaking” as Want to Read:
Shaking Behind the Microphone: Overcoming the Fear of Public Speaking

Shaking Behind the Microphone: Overcoming the Fear of Public Speaking

A portion of this books proceeds are donated to Jr. Achievement Do you suffer from the fear of public speaking? You are not alone. In the book, Shaking Behind the Microphone: Overcoming the Fear of Public Speaking, Jill Vanderwood shares her story of being terrified to speak in public. She now speaks to groups and teaches workshops without fear. You will read about others ...more
Published November 8th 2013 by Createspace Independent Publishing Platform (first published November 6th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Shaking Behind the Microphone, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Shaking Behind the Microphone

Billy
Feb 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing
The author, Jill Ammon Vanderwood, had the fear of speaking in public too, but she found ways to overcome this. She wrote the book to help everyone with the same problem be able to speak in public.

There are six sections in the book: Fear has Held Me Back, Speaking For A Living, Celebrities Overcoming Stage Fright, Public Speaking Experts, When Kids Learn Early and Non Traditional Treatments For Fear Of Public Speaking. Each section contains three to six essays/stories by real people, such as aut
Stacie Wyatt
May 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I read Shaking Behind the Microphone Overcoming the Fear of Public Speaking for honest review from Tomoson. The book was written by Jill Ammon Vanderwood and published by Brighton's Mountain Books.

I wanted to review because I hate public speaking. I tried taking public speaking, when I was in college at 18. During the first speech, I was nervous and shaking. I withdrew from the class the next day.

The book discusses one of my least favorite things to do: Speak in Public. As an introvert, I prefer
Cassandra
Jan 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Cassandra's Review- To take time to read something that can change your life in even the smallest way is a great thing. When you pick up a copy of this book your doing just that. It will not only help, heal and make you laugh, but it will inspire you as well. I was pleased to read through this with all kinds of good feelings and emotions pouring out. In the end I feel that it will help and it is the kind of book that you can pass to a family member or friend and just know that your doing somethi ...more
DEBRA ELLIOTT
Jan 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shaking Behind the Microphone, Overcoming the Fear of Public Speaking shares her story along with others who feared public speaking. This wonderful book not only gives you insights, but helps you overcome your fears.

I start my first public speaking class in May and I tell you, I don't think I would have been able to get through it without Jill's book. If you struggle with glossophobia pick up a copy of Shaking Behind the Microphone, Overcoming the Fear of Public Speaking.
Alissa Spiehs-apel
Jan 20, 2014 rated it really liked it
I really liked this book. It gives good insight and tips into how to over come fears of presenting. I don't have a problem presenting myself, but I know people that do.
Brandi Farrow
susie delane
Mar 08, 2014
Sue Sattler
Mar 09, 2014
Jill Ammon Vanderwood is the mother of four and grandmother of eight. She lives with her husband Bill in Utah.

Jill is the award winning author of five books for children and young adults. Her latest book, Drugs Make You Un-Smarter is co-authored with her teenage granddaughter, Savanna Peterson. This book is a Mom's Choice winning book.