Start by marking “Ask Amy Green: Boy Trouble” as Want to Read:

(Ask Amy Green #1)

When Amy’s seventeen-year-old Aunt Clover lands a dream job giving advice for teen mag The Goss Amy quickly realizes that this is no ordinary column. Clover – being Clover – doesn’t just want to answer her readers’ letters, she wants to solve their problems … personally. From stamping out malicious rumours to handling first kisses and creating the perfect Bebo page, the ...more
Published February 14th 2010 by Walker (first published January 1st 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Ask Amy Green, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ask Amy Green

Start your review of Ask Amy Green: Boy Trouble
Sweet on Books
Amy lives in Ireland with her Mum and her Mum's boyfriend Dave, and her two half siblings, both of whom are babies. Life has been hectic for Amy since her parent's divorce. Her Dad cheated on her Mum and he now lives with his girlfriend Shelley, who is unbearable to Amy. The babies take up the whole house and a good part of Amy's time. Amy is the go-to babysitter, especially when Mum is losing her mind. The good news for Amy is she has a young, cool aunt named Clover, who is seventeen. Clover ...more
Tara Calaby
This is a fairly average teen novel, with most of its interest for me provided by the fact that it's set in Ireland. I'm sure there are plenty of YA novels that are, but none of them seem to cross my path!

The odd thing about this is that it seems to start off with a strong premise of the protagonist, Amy, assisting her young aunt in performing a rather unconventional kind of agony aunt role with a teen magazine. Less than half way into the book, however, this theme disappears, leaving the reader
Michelle Moloney King
Oh girl, where were you when I was a teen? This is fun with deep heart and a lot to say. It's a YA book set in Ireland and has all the drama and growing pains ready to be poured over. It touches on divorce, growing pains, and family so even though it's fun it also has a serious side and this contrast works so well. I loved LOVED the magazine, The Goss. Great read.
Hannah Barclay
Got this free in a magazine and decided to give it a go. It wasn't half bad, in fact, if I was a little younger I would have loved it.
Elizabeth
Jul 14, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: actual-bookshelf
It is very good and I really enjoyed it. Now looking for the rest in the series!!
Aug 29, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Sarah Webb is my favourite author and I can also relate to the story because not only I'm Irish, myself and Amy are the same age! The font is cool aswell
Susy
Apr 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
IT WAS LOVEY DOVEY AND MATURE AND I ABSOLUTELY LOVED IT!!!! :) :D :):D <3 <3 <3 <3
Carrenmacmillan
The book is really fun and it's enter gaining my sister likes it
Seth
Nov 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
I found this book in a charity shop round the corner from my Grannie’s house when I was eleven or twelve. I had eaten my way through various other girly books and expected this to be the same, but not as good as my last set The Princess Diaries. I was sorely mistaken.
I was only in 6th class so Amy felt so grown up living life in Dublin at secondary school. It felt just as different as all those other books I’d read set in England and America but Amy was IRISH just like me and that was
ஐ Briansgirl (Book Queen)ஐ
It would have been incredibly helpful if I'd known their was a GLOSSARY in the back of the book when I started this, as there was a lot I didn't understand. What's Bebo? Some old defunct social media website. The rest of the stuff in the glossary is either teen or Irish slang terms.

It took me until Chapter 5 before I even cared about the main character enough to want to finish the book. The Aunt Agony bit is frustrating. If you write to an advice column you expect to be given advice, not have
little bookworm girl
A nice and easy read that didn’t take that much concentration. I liked that it spoke about Amy’s school life , home life and friendship so if one gets boring , it isn’t long until you can read about the next part. However, I would have liked to have read a lot more of the Agony Aunt letters seeing as it was one of the main features of the story and was included in the blurb/synopsis.
Gail
Cute YA story set in Ireland. The 13-year-old heroine has trouble with her friends, and her divorced parents are being all weird, having new babies and marrying other people and stuff. And there's this boy she likes... The author's voice is a fun one, making the story a pleasure to read. It's fun and PG-13, except for kissing and parents doing embarrassing things. I got a kick out of it.
BookZforlife
Jan 11, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Really good book
Isabelle Breaker
Amazing read , being 14 myself I found it very relatable and reassuring . Would deffinatley read more from this author as the detail , plot and accuracy was incredible . 10/10 for me :)
Erin Forson
Nov 29, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
by Sarah Webb
Amy and Clover decide to shake things up at a local magazine, The Goss, by offering the kind of advice we’d all like to hear from a “Dear Abby” column—don’t get mad, get even! Amy and Clover’s crazy antics move this funny work of “chic-lit” forward, but it’s not all just fun and games. Amy has real problems; her mom and boyfriend live together and have two babies to take care of, often demanding Amy’s help. Amy’s dad ran off with his secretary (a woman half
Brenda
Aug 01, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I received this book from Goodreads First Reads. The premise of the story is thirteen-year-old Amy Green helps her aunt Clover with her advice column for teen mag The Goss. Yet, instead of answering the “Dear Abby” questions presented by teen girls the two immerse themselves in solving the problems. The story does a wonderful job of depicting high school clics, touches on fashion, and highlights some of the meanness of high school. It is truly a story of growing up, the meaning of friendship and ...more
Emily
Dec 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Cat Parker
Ask Amy Green is a nice book, it has a fairly good storyline and Sarah Webb has created some likeable characters with issues that the audience can relate to. My issue is that I didn't find it very believable. I'm not sure how many thirteen year old girls really use words like 'titter' or 'smidgen'. There were a few too many 'yikes' and 'jeepers' for it to read true. Other than the occasional reminder of the authors real age, it was an easy read. I'd give this book a middle of the road 2.5 stars.
Ann
Aug 29, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Amy is a 13 year old girl who at times is more adult than the adults! The book (which is the first in the series) is filled with the everyday drama of growing up in a loving, but at times, dysfunctional blended family. Funny and lighthearted reading. Like reads would be the Carrie Diaries by Candace Bushnell, Princess Diaries by Meg Cabot, and Traveling Pants series by Ann Brashares.
Ages 11-15
Young Adult
Zoë
Nov 03, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Super! Hilarious!

I literally laughed out loud sometimes! That doesn't happen a lot as I am normally not such a big fan of this kind of books. But I fully enjoyed reading this book! Especially Clover! She is such an amazing girl, always finding ways to cheer people up. I certainlywould recommend it to every single girl because this is a typical girls book, but one of the best ones I have read so far!
Michelle Marin
Jun 10, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book reminded me a lot of the writing of Louise Rennison. It chronicle's the life of teenager Amy Green: her first real bra, her first kiss, and trouble with friends and family. I'm looking forward to reading the sequel. The author is Irish, and it was fun to read a book filled with Irish phrases.
Katie
Brilliant book I love these tipe of books they're so addictive and when I finished the book and I looked up I didn't know where I was because it was like I was in the story so out of ten I give it 100 seriously read this book!!!
Lisa
A fun audio about 13-year-old Amy and her struggles with her changing friendships (including a boy) and with her divorced parents, and their new partners and babies. Amy is helped by her amazingly sophisticated 17-year-old aunt. The great Irish accents spice up the story.
Sofia
Aug 08, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I found it very intriguing, although some parts made my interest drop, it was an exquisite story! I do like the take on Amy's point of view, how she reacts to Dave, Shelly, and the new families and various bumps in the road. All in all, a great book!
Matinnehw3
im reading this book but i do not really like it now i do not know when i go to the middle if it will change my mine.
Hi
Jan 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Book Review

This book is simply fantastic. Couldn't put it down! It is simply a wonder how Sara Webb make it came to life.
Dory
Jun 08, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Sweet and simple. Love the idea about Aunt Agony. :)
Jarynth ♛
Apr 10, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Boy trouble? I recommend this book to teens girls. That is falling in love with a person they really love and care about :)
Lotus
Oct 08, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It's a really interesting book.
Carly
Picked this up because it's set in Ireland. It was fun for me to read about some of the places I visited there and the lingo I heard. A fairly predictable storyline with a few interesting twists.

• AniMalcolm
  • Sapphire Battersea (Hetty Feather, #2)
  • Hetty Feather (Hetty Feather, #1)
  • Hetty Feather's Christmas (Hetty Feather)
  • A Girl Called Blue
  • Lightning Girl: Superhero Squad
  • Lightning Girl
  • Under the Hawthorn Tree (Children of the Famine #1)
  • N or M? (Tommy and Tuppence, #3)
  • Murder Is Easy  (Superintendent Battle, #4)
  • The Beast of Buckingham Palace
  • Rosie's Quest
  • Children's Books: Dumpy's Adventures - Meet Sassy and Lumpy (Bedtime Stories For Age 3-10) Children's Books - Stories For Kids - Children's Books Best ... Stories (Dumpy's Adventures Series Book 1)
  • The Computer Code Mystery (Celia Science & Anna Art #1)
  • Scab and Beads: PSI (Playground Scene Investigation): Episode One - Locket's Away (A Funny Mystery For Children Ages 9-12)
  • The Boys of Summer (Summer, #1)
  • Rippler (Ripple, #1)
  • Emerald Child (Kalika Magic #1)
Sarah Webb has written ten bestselling novels for adults including "Always the Bridesmaid", "The Shoestring Club", and "The Memory Box", Her books have been published in many different countries including the US, Poland, Italy and Indonesia. She has also written many children"s books, has contributed short stories to several collections including "Moments", and has compiled and edited two charity ...more

Ask Amy Green (6 books)
  • Ask Amy Green: Summer Secrets
  • Ask Amy Green: Bridesmaid Blitz
  • Ask Amy Green: Love and Other Drama-Ramas!
  • Ask Amy Green: Dancing Daze