Start by marking “Greenwich” as Want to Read:
Greenwich

Greenwich

One of Greenwich, Connecticut's wealthiest residents is throwing a dinner party. As the lives and stories of his guests converge, his own suspicious past will come to light-as well as the blood on his hands.

"Fast-paced and believable." (USA Today)

"[A] richly textured novel of manners and long-deferred retribution...compelling." (Dallas Morning News)
Published May 28th 2002 by Jove (first published 2000)

To ask other readers questions about Greenwich, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Greenwich

Sep 02, 2014 rated it did not like it
I was actively overwhelmed by how bad this book was. I'm one to read a lot of terrible books in the name of "beach reading" or "killing time in an airport", but sitting in the sand did not salvage this book.

I was let down by how bad the writing was - did his editor even notice that he was explaining the same things the same ways? And no, I do not think this was a stylistic choice - I think it was bad writing/bad editing.

I was hoping for a chuckle at the expense of my ridi
Lareesa
Nov 01, 2012 rated it really liked it
Becky
Dec 21, 2014 rated it really liked it
This was an interesting character study, but even more interesting was the way the author wove his storyline through a manuscript written by one of the characters - Harold Sellig; and how, absurdly, the novel's hometown of Greenwich came to epitomize the 'collective guilt' theory put forth by Harold, and duly debated throughout the story.
Lynn Shreve
Oct 21, 2015 rated it really liked it
Remembered enjoying a previous read by Fast but not remembering 'why'. This book reminded me. Although many in number, his characters are richly complex yet easy to get to know. Dealing with human nature, social justice, religion, and death in a refined gossipy-kind of way. Will be picking up more of his books.
Anne
Nov 09, 2010 rated it really liked it
I'd forgotten how much I enjoy Howard Fast. (I read April Morning and Freedom Road in high school.) There's a lot unresolved in this book (on purpose I believe), but I think it's ripe as a book club book. Lots of themes available for discussion.
Kala Hammer
The books itself is pretty good. Overall theme I would give 4 stars but I felt the story was lacking. It was good and captivating up until halfway and then it just stalled with a boring ending. Could of been better.
Nan Williams
May 01, 2012 rated it liked it
I read LOTS of Howard Fast years and years ago and enjoyed it thoroughly.
Rebecca
Nov 23, 2012 rated it really liked it

Collective guilt
Cathy
Apr 16, 2010 rated it really liked it
Howard Fast always spins a good tale. The over riding theme, collective guilt and the sin of indifference was a little heavy handed.
Rick
Jan 27, 2011
Laurie
Nov 17, 2012
« previous 1 3 next »
Howard Fast (1914–2003) was one of the most prolific American writers of the twentieth century. He was a bestselling author of more than eighty works of fiction, nonfiction, poetry, and screenplays. The son of immigrants, Fast grew up in New York City and published his first novel upon finishing high school in 1933. In 1950, his refusal to provide the United States Congress with a list of possible ...more