Start by marking “The Unseen (Krewe of Hunters #5)” as Want to Read:
The Unseen (Krewe of Hunters #5)

The Unseen

(Krewe of Hunters #5)

Sometimes the dead do tell tales...

1800s. San Antonio, Texas: In room 207 at the Longhorn Saloon, in the long shadow of the Alamo itself, a woman renowned for her beauty was brutally murdered. Her killer was never found.

One year ago: In that same historic room, another woman vanished without a trace. Her blood was everywhere...but her body was never recovered.

Now: In the last/>:/>One/>1800s.
Published March 1st 2013 by Harlequin MIRA (first published March 27th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about The Unseen, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Unseen

Start your review of The Unseen (Krewe of Hunters #5)
Nicole Peterson
So here's the deal -

This story revolves around a local legend in San Antonio Texas. 1800s at the Longhorn Saloon, which is located a stones throw from the Alamo, room 207 was the place of a murder. A beautiful young woman is killed for a diamond that her lover won in a card game, but the gem was never found by the murderer.

Present Day. Kelsey O'Brien, a US Marshall is staying at the saloon and inn, now owned by childhood friend Sandy. She has been offered a position with the FBI in
Angela
Sep 02, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I so enjoyed learning more about the Alamo. Interesting way to get more people for the series. although does every single person need to find their true love.
Carol D
Jun 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I never seen to read Heather Graham's books in order, but that does not seem to matter. I really enjoy all of them. The murderer in this one took me by surprise. Always a pleasure to read the ins and outs of how the author builds the story and describes and presents her characters.
Chibineko
I'll give all of the long time Heather Graham fans a warning. The old Graham is probably never going to come back. I'd liken her older books to rich Godiva chocolate: rich and oh-so-sinfully bad for you, whereas her newer books are like Hershey chocolate: good, but not nearly as good as the Godiva was. This is pretty much the case here in this book.

I'll be honest and say that while this wasn't an "oh my gosh, read it until my eyeballs pop out" type of book, it wasn't bad and is an im
Aisha Oaktree
It's Heather of course it's awesome!!!! Originally posted on By The Broomstick
Now this is a story. There is a whole series & this is book ten. I actually have the whole series & I'm going to read them for Samhain. But for now this book?!! Is just too awesome. The characters were well written & amazingly realistic. The two stories intertwined & OMGosh I fell so bad for the original character, by choosing the wrong man her story and her life were changed forever. The modern story is both
Sherry
Apr 05, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The Unseen by Heather Graham
1800’s, San Antonio, Texas: In room 207 at the Longhorn Saloon, in the long shadow of the Alamo itself, a woman renowned for her beauty was brutally murdered. Her killer was never found.
One year ago: In that same historic room, another woman vanished without a trace. Her blood was everywhere…but her body was never recovered.
Now: In the last month, San Antonio has become a dumping ground for battered bodies. All young women, many of them long missing,
Kristi Hill
Had potential, but poorly written. Many characters and only two were attempted to be developed. The lengthy sex scenes were the best description going on here, but way too much of it. And though it was clearly the goal of the author to want me to LOVE Texas and everything about it (she even gives the coveted recipe for texas chili to you at the end) I ended up loathing it and every pass she made at me with it. Far too much cheesiness going on here, even for me.
Theresa
4.5 Stars... Legends come to life in this haunting tale of murder and lost treasure... A new team of Krewe of Hunters is formed in the heart of Texas where history takes center stage as a serial killer continues to take the lives of young women... A hardened Texas Ranger, Logan Raintree, and a no nonsense US Marshal, Kelsey O’Brien, lead this new unit of “gifted” specialists to try to end the killing spree... A twisting turning read filled with ghostly encounters and spiritual guides that keeps ...more
RM(Alwaysdaddygirl) Griffin (alwaysdaddyprincess)
Just say no to The Unseen by Heather Graham. This is the fifth book in the Krewe of Hunters series. (You do not have to read the books in order.) The history in this book needs a major tune-up. Also, one of the main characters in the book, Kelsey, is the very definition of annoying. She follows the same pattern in this book as in previous outings, falling in love too quickly. The story was also too easy to figure out. While this book had other problems, I am so done wasting my time on this novel ...more
Yvonne
Aug 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
Very Entertaining

I enjoyed reading this book. It had a great mix of ingredients... ghosts, a mystery, a serial killer, a smart and feisty heroine and romance! What more could you want! And then the author added some Texan recipes as an encore.
Bonnie Drummond
Mar 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
When a valuable gem is won in a poker game and then hiding in the hair of a beautiful saloon girl only to be taken to San Antonio were she was killed by an brutal man when the battle of the Alamo was to begin then some years later the same room became a death seen in a murder that would have the police baffled until two more murders a curse that when Jackson Crow comes to town and starts up a New Krewe Team to find out what's happening.
Anne - Books of My Heart
This review was originally posted on Books of My Heart

Read It, Rate It and Record
A short review to update challenges

I was able to get Phantom Evil,  the first book of this Krewe Of Hunters series from the Audible Romance package.  Heart of Evil  and Sacred Evil were available with audio through Kindle Unlimited.   The Unseen is not in either program so I requested the CDs through Interlibrary Loan.

Luke Daniels'  narration is a total win. I'm sure the library hates me for all the reque Theand
Jen Davis
Heather Graham is kicking off a spin-off series to her Krewe of Hunters books, with this romantic-suspense, peppered with paranormal elements. As someone who has never read the original series, I can tell you that this is a great place for new readers to jump in, since a crew of all-new characters are introduced. And I never felt lost at any time.

Jackson Crow is the leader of a paranormal law enforcement group and he is putting together the second team of its kind to help investigate
Marcela (BookaholicCat)
3 Stars

The Unseen is the latest book by Heather Graham. I can say this book belongs in some part to the Krewe of Hunters series or at least it runs parallel to that series.

Jackson Crow, the leader of the original Krewe of Hunters is in Texas organizing a second crew, since his original group is already too busy working many cases and they are not enough for all the demand of work they have. They need more people and here is where Texas Rager Logan Raintree and U.S. Marsh
TheGeekyBlogger
Read for Fun!
Overall Rating 3.75
Story Rating 3.50
Character Rating 4.00

Audio Rating: 4.00 (Not part of the overall rating)

First thought: I really like the new team :)

What I Thought of the Case: The Unseen is set in San Antonio, TX and as a Native Texan I had to love it! As a history buff, I loved the setting even more. It was centered around The Alamo and the history of a missing diamond. The killings were very much committed by humans but the
Rebecca
As a lover of the Krewe of Hunters series I was super excited to see this spin-off series featuring a new Krewe of Hunters.
I enjoyed the book it had everything that I love about Heather Graham’s writing. It had the murder mystery, the ghosts, and the psychics and then it had the romance but I usually just think of the romance as being a part of the story that was just there.
While I really enjoyed the mystery aspect of the story and the ghost part, I feel there was something missing i
PepsiGirl
Mar 11, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is my first story by Heather Graham, and I have to say it was pretty good. I don't usually read paranormal stories but this was done very well. Kelsey O'Brien is a U.S. Marshall that has a special ability that she sees ghosts and that helps her find victims of brutal crimes, has been picked to join a special task force to help solve unsolved murders. Logan Raintree is a Texas Ranger with the ability to see and speak to the dead,if he touches the body he can speak to them. The case they are ...more
Sue  Gerth
Once again the Krewe from Heather Graham's previous works have reappeared, this time in San Antonio.

Someone is killing young women around town. How are they connected to The Alamo, a hotel called the Longhorn, and a cursed diamond that's been missing for over 100 years?

I always enjoy Heather Graham's stories weaving the paranormal and a good mystery. The romance between Logan and Kelsey is just a small part of this novel, but fits nicely into the storyline. Logan, a Texas
ᴥ Irena ᴥ
***2.5***

This is the start of the second Krewe of Hunters. Jackson Crow comes to San Antonio to form a new team with Logan Raintree as its leader.

It gets a half a star more because it has a Texas Ranger among other things. As all the other books in this series it recalls a past event. The events in this book go back to the time before the Battle of the Alamo when a beautiful Rose Langley was killed at the Longhorn Saloon. Recently, a number of bodies were found and they all have some kind of co
Naomi
Jan 17, 2012 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I was maybe a bit rougher with this book in my review and here is the reason why. I have found that I either love or hate Heather Graham books. The reason for this is that when Ms. Graham starts a new series, the books are excellent, well written, well formatted, exciting, etc. As the series progress, it seems that Ms. Graham tends to let her writing "slide" and the books become more formulaic, romancy and predictable. The Unseen was no different. I reviewed the first 4 Krewe of Hunters books fo ...more
Aparna
Nov 29, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Stars: 3.5 / 5
Recommendation: Yes, pick it up for a mystery involving paranormal activities.

The Unseen is the fifth book in the Krewe of Hunters series by Heather Graham and published in March of 2012. This plot introduces the second group of elite paranormal investigators of The Krewe. It primarily revolves around Logan Raintree - leader of the Krewe at Texas - and Kelsey O'Brien - a U. S. Marshal and with equal paranormal abilities.

Krewe are a secret FBI unit with each membe
Majanka
Book Review originally published here: http://www.iheartreading.net/mini-rev...

The story had its intriguing moments, and well, after reading half a dozen books by Heather Graham, it’s great that she still manages to surprise me every now and then. The combination of the urban legend from the 1800s and present day ghosts was an interesting one. Unfortunately the romance was dull – rather boring even – and the characters had almost zero chemistry.
Jenn
Mar 13, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: e-book, own
RECEIVED FROM: Net Galley For Review

***NOTE MY REVIEWS OFTEN CONTAIN SPOILERS***

Kelsey O’Brien is a Florida US Marshall who’s been summoned to Texas to learn about a job over with the FBI, she’s got no interest in switching law enforcement branches, but she isn’t given a choice about going to at least consider the job. Logan Raintree is a Texas Ranger sent to San Antonio for the same reason. Jackson Crow is trying to assemble a second Krewe of Hunters, his fir
Patricia Bello
Jul 10, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I read this series in between my fave genre of romance as it's creepy enough to keep me slightly awake at night if I decide to read it then (I don't normally as I do get scared fast).

We now have Jackson Crow building the 2nd Krewe of Hunters team. And he got Logan Raintree and Kelsey O'Brien as the first recruits. Though the two are decidedly wary about Crow and his team and his methods. But bodies are piling up and their murders than don't seem to be related in anyway.

I did not see it coming.
Crystal Marcela
Feb 12, 2019 rated it it was ok
Oh boy!

I was so disappointed with this installment of this series. I'm not sure why the author decided to introduce a whole new set of characters when I feel there was still much more she could do with the ones we already had. I also don't understand why she keeps making damsels in distress out of the main characters.

Like all her other books there is a female character and a male character that end up getting together. So we have this long expensive annoying sex scene that just
Sarah (Workaday Reads)
I didn't realize this was part of a series before I started, and it read fine as a stand alone book. It felt more like a book #1 than a mid-series book, because because this story was about the start of a new Krewe.

The mystery was interesting, with ties to Texas history, as well as current day murders. I liked the involvement of the ghosts. It was interesting and not too unbelievable.

The relationship between Kelsey and Logan seemed a bit lack luster, although they do make
Linda
Sep 06, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book is a history story in itself about the Alamo and the fight for Texas. Another team is being assembled since the original Krewe of Hunters had enough to keep them busy. Texas Ranger Logan Raintree is at home in San Antonio and has been approached by Jackson Crow to head another group of extra ordinary group of investigators. U.S. Marshall Kelsey O'Brien came to a Texas from Miami in answer to a summons to meet others who had the ability to "see" the past. Was this where she really wante ...more
Bonnie
Mar 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A Gem with blood on It.

5 gold stars plus a million more again. From a Pirate to Galveston Texas to The Alamo to The Lone Star Saloon a gem that's caused a lot of deaths for what amounted up to be greed. A gen that caused a lot o deaths and caused a friendship to end but, really wasn't their in the first place. Only in the end did true love come out of it both from long ago and present today. Run grab a copy and find out what happened .
Jennifer Geoghan
Jul 30, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this book. It’s got a lot of romance in it, but I’d classify it more as a crime/mystery story.
After the first 40 or so pages, the story really picks up and I could hardly put it down. It has good characters that were interesting but one thing I really loved was how Miss Graham makes San Antonio a character. It's so richly described and intricate to the story that, though I've never been there, feel as though I'm intimately acquainted with the area surrounding the Alamo.

Karen
Oct 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I love a good mystery and I love a good ghost story and Heather Graham has yet to fail me on both accounts. It's been a while since I have read her book as I got so caught up with life and Netgalley and such, but I'm awfully glad that this was the one I had coming up next (since I have this thing about reading in order). A new unit being formed for the Krewe was the perfect jumping in spot for me and I'm sure I'll be back to get to know them better soon.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
Madison Mega-Mara...: This topic has been closed to new comments. The Unseen 1 5 Mar 07, 2013 05:50AM

• When Darkness Falls (Alliance Vampires #2)
  • Desert Heat (Sinclair Sisters Trilogy, #2)
  • Unverified: A Novel
  • Never Sleep with Strangers
  • Bewitched and Betrothed (A Witchcraft Mystery #10)
  • Chasing Shadows (South Shores, #1)
  • Labyrinth (FBI Thriller #23)
  • If Looks Could Kill
  • Deadfall (Raine Stockton Dog Mysteries, # 12)
  • Vendetta in Death (In Death, #49)
  • Strangers She Knows (Cape Charade, #3)
  • Against the Sky (The Brodies of Alaska, #2)
  • Against the Tide (The Brodies of Alaska, #3)
  • Prayers That Matter
  • Fragments of Fear
  • Willing to Die (To Die #8)
  • Beneath A Blood Red Moon (Alliance Vampires #1)
  • The Conspiracy (Maximum Security #1)
Also published as Heather Graham Pozzessere and Shannon Drake.

New York Times and USA Today best-selling author Heather Graham majored in theater arts at the University of South Florida. After a stint of several years in dinner theater, back-up vocals, and bartending, she stayed home after the birth of her third child and began to write, working on short horror stories and romances. After some trial and e

Krewe of Hunters (1 - 10 of 31 books)
  • Phantom Evil (Krewe of Hunters, #1)
  • Heart of Evil (Krewe of Hunters, #2)
  • Sacred Evil (Krewe of Hunters, #3)
  • The Evil Inside (Krewe of Hunters, #4)
  • The Unholy (Krewe of Hunters, #6)
  • The Unspoken (Krewe of Hunters, #7)
  • The Uninvited (Krewe of Hunters, #8)
  • The Night Is Watching (Krewe of Hunters, #9)
  • The Night Is Alive (Krewe of Hunters, #10)
  • The Night Is Forever (Krewe of Hunters, #11)
“Courage is being afraid - and going ahead, anyway.” 8 likes
“...if we feel guilt, if we believe it in our own minds, that's what's true to us.” 3 likes