Start by marking “The Final Crumpet (Royal Tunbridge Wells Mystery #2)” as Want to Read:
The Final Crumpet (Royal Tunbridge Wells Mystery #2)

The Final Crumpet (Royal Tunbridge Wells Mystery #2)

3.51  ·  Rating details ·  155 Ratings  ·  15 Reviews
Etienne Makepeace, England's celebrated "Tea Sage," vanished without a trace in 1966, leaving the whole of Great Britain wondering what became of the famed radio personality. Forty years later his hastily buried remains are discovered beneath two sickly Assam tea bushes in the Royal Tunbridge Wells Tea Museum's tea garden--"along with the pistol that killed him. Nigel Owen ...more
Published December 31st 2005 by Barbour Publishing (first published August 1st 2005)

To ask other readers questions about The Final Crumpet, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Final Crumpet

Anna
Jan 18, 2018 rated it did not like it
It's rare for me to dislike a book, but The Final Crumpet managed to win my disdain. It took me a long time to read it because I kept on putting it off, and couldn't read more than a couple of pages at a time.

The story is set in a tea museum in Tunbridge Wells and follows two of the museum's top personnel: Nigel Own, the director, and Flick Adams, an American museum curator and tea expert. When they discover a forty year old body buried under the Assam plants in the garden the two team up to tr
Dorothy
Aug 02, 2012 rated it it was ok
Recommended to Dorothy by: Santa Claus
not my cup of tea. I like the classic cozy mystery style. A puzzle, all the clues are hidden there in the text of the novel for you to try to solve it. This wasn't that.

The authors do slightly hint that the amateur sleuths are christians and that God...could also be a brilliant problem solver....might have been a lot further along had they turned this problem over to God, too." p.268 But I would have liked to then see them add more development there and have the sleuths share when they did that
Kimberly
Sep 25, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cosy-mystery
I have enjoyed this series. It is not very fast moving and goes into details about tea or English tradition that don't really have anything to do with the story, but you get a feel for England the characters. It is clean and the characters have values and morsls. It is so nice to see an author with values.
Marsha
Apr 03, 2013 rated it it was ok
Shelves: mystery
This is a throwaway, read-me-at-night book that doesn't require much of a stretch of brain power. I almost can't believe I put it on my Kindle, but I did. The characters are as bland as the English rain and the 'mystery' is a stretch. Can't recommend.
Raquel
Jan 25, 2012 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2012
The mystery storyline and characters were entertaining but there were a few sections that included some religious concepts that didn't fit well with the overall trajectory of the book. Though infrequent and brief, those sections negatively impacted my experience of this book.
Jennie
Dec 20, 2015 rated it liked it
Not as good as the first. Did not move along in reading, as did the first book. Interesting plot. The last third was really the best part of the book. This book dwells more on the the relationship between Nigel and Flick.
Jessie
Despite being a Christian publisher, the book was not preachy, except for the few paragraphs that supposedly turned the hero around. Even though there was a murder and Cold War era spies, this was a nice non-violent cozy.
Sarah "Kat"
Mar 25, 2016 rated it it was ok
There was something that turned me off - the relationship between the two protagonists, the museum directors, that I couldn't quite buy into and then I saw that there was a start of a Christian slant to the book which turned me off.
Lorna
Jan 11, 2014 rated it liked it
The second in the series just didn't really hold my interest. Perhaps I didn't care about the mystery enough to be overly interested in how it was solved. Or, I was just busy with the holiday season and a little distracted. It wasn't a bad book, just not a great one.
Chris Humphrey
Sep 18, 2016 rated it did not like it
Shelves: mystery
Unfortunately the "Christian"lessons detracted from the story and disappointed me. They were unrealistic and trite. The story itself became somewhat disjointed and unrealistic towards the end.
Rachel Heffington
Dec 22, 2012 rated it really liked it
A perfect sequel to "Dead as a Scone", "The Final Crumpet" was a cozy, complete, amusing mystery that kept you guessing well into the last few pages. :)
Maureen
Jul 01, 2012 rated it it was ok
I've been dragging my feet on this one, as much as I love books set in Britian. It may get pitched.
Kathy
Sep 02, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: cozy-modern
Slow at first. Characters well developed.
Samm Seals
Jun 26, 2011 rated it liked it
A gentle mystery. read it on a road trip, finished easily.
lot's of suspects and the solution is not expected.
I did think of the culprit but, dismissed it and read on.
Julie Collins
Jul 04, 2014
Lyn
Nov 14, 2017
Shannon
rated it did not like it
Jul 03, 2013
Feb 08, 2015
Melody
Nov 12, 2012
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
  • The Crystal Cavern: A Place For Refuge or A Deadly Trap?
  • Fatal Harvest (Haven #1)
  • Fatal Deduction
  • The Hidden
  • Expiration Date
  • A Steal of a Deal (The Shop-Til-U-Drop Collection #2)
  • And Then There Were Two (Dani Ross Mystery #2)
  • Secrets, Lies and   Alibis
  • Deep Blue
  • Along Came a Cowboy (Pinky Promise Sisterhood, #2)
  • Undertow (The Julesburg Mysteries #3)
  • Irreparable Harm
  • A Ship Possessed (J.D. Stanton #1)
  • Footsteps
  • Blood Evidence (NCIS, #2)
  • Blind Justice
Ron Benrey, the author of "Know Your Rights, a Survival Guide for Non Lawyers" (for Sterling), and "The Complete Idiot's Guide to Writing Christian Fiction" (for Penguin), is also a prolific novelist who has coauthored nine romantic suspense novels with his wife Janet: The Pippa Hunnechurch Mysteries, The Royal Tunbridge Wells Mysteries for Barbour, and the Glory, North Carolina, Mysteries. All th ...more
More about Ron Benrey

Royal Tunbridge Wells Mystery (2 books)
  • Dead as a Scone (Royal Tunbridge Wells Mystery #1)