Start by marking “The Identity Thief” as Want to Read:
The Identity Thief

The Identity Thief

X is an identity thief extraordinaire who steals the identity of the worst possible person! He soon becomes a fugitive, hunted by every intelligence agency in the world. The international adventures of this sardonic and amoral anti-hero combine the irony of The Third Man with the fast-paced thrills of The Bourne Identity. To survive, X must use his talent for deceit and hi ...more
Published November 5th 2013 by Freedom's Hammer

To ask other readers questions about The Identity Thief, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Identity Thief

Start your review of The Identity Thief
D.K.
Nov 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
It was a fun read.
Carl Alves
May 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
The Identity Thief features an oddly likeable antihero—X an identity thief looking for a big score. If you take this character outside of the world of fiction, he would be a despicable person. Someone who assumes the identity of someone else and bilks them of their money. X does have a certain Robin Hood quality about him, looking for those who deserve it, in his mind. He gets in well over his head when he tries to take on the identity of a Middle Eastern playboy who turns out to be a terrorist. ...more
Steve
Jan 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I'm not sure how Forsyth did it, but he has managed to come up with an action-packed thriller that's absolutely hilarious. This is one of the most creative stories I've read in a long time.

There are so many twists and turns in this story that it's difficult to say much at all about it without spoiling it, but I'll try. An identity thief greedily steals the identity of someone with a LOT of money with the intent of stealing some of said money and winds up in a really bad spot when the "mark" he i
Megan
Jan 05, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: first-reads
I was a first reads winner for this book. I enjoyed the book; it was fast paced with tons of twists, only one of which I really saw coming. Some of the things they talk about are not realistic, but it was a well thought out story and worth the read if you like this genre. Basically, an identity thief whose karma catches up to him, and causes him to get himself out of a mess.

There were some explicit sections that some people who are sensitive to that kind of thing would dislike.

Brian Y
Jul 21, 2020 rated it really liked it
A fun story of a con man who steals the identity of a Saudi national and then becomes hunted by intelligence services when it comes to light that Saudi is an Islamic Terrorist. A fast paced novel with many satirical elements.
Rex Hurst
Feb 22, 2020 rated it really liked it
Jodee Clark
May 01, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: adult, action, thriller
can't finish this one. struggling with the torture and rape and foul language. I tried twice but just can't stomach the content of the book. it is an I yersting story, we'll written and researched. just not my cup of tea.
Janice Elliott-Howard
Aug 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
The identity thief was a fun ride. It was a little over the top. The narcissistic protagonist weaves the web that is fascinating fantasy with glimpses of true humanity.
D.E.
Feb 01, 2014 rated it really liked it
Disclosure: I received this book for free through Goodreads First Reads.

Overall an enjoyable read.

It started off as I expected: following the Identity Thief as he was finishing up a "job" and moving on to the next one. However, this next job goes south and the Thief (referred to only as "X") suddenly finds himself caught in a Federal net.

It’s at this point that the story takes a turn and separates itself from preconceived expectations.

It turns out that he stole the identity of a recently killed
Jerry Jordan
Feb 02, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: first-reads
For someone that was subject to credit card fraud within the last week, this was never-the-less a fun read. The premise of the story was interesting and I enjoyed character "X" immensely. I have not read this author before, but will seek him out in the future.
Prashanth Baskaran
Mar 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 5star, fiction
Except for the crude humor and some adult content, the book is really great. A smashing read, pacing and humor topnotch! I'd recommend it to anyone who is looking for light reading with easy prose and lot of funny situations and suitable jokes.
Daniel Ace
Jan 29, 2014 rated it really liked it
There were moments of disbelief but I enjoyed this book very much. A solid thriller with a quick story that worked well.
Mary Schildman
Good twist

Very wordy but a great read. twists and turns again and again. lots of verbal emotion written and believed. the claustrophobia experience seem real.
Dave Wilson
Feb 26, 2014 rated it really liked it
Great premise for a story and fantastic twists.
AerinLuvs
This needs to come out in ePub format. Right now it's only available in Kindle format which sucks!!!
Emily
Dec 28, 2014
Be
Oct 25, 2016
C. Michael
Nov 21, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Marianne
Jan 11, 2019
C. Michael Forsyth's 2011 first novel Hour of the Beast was hailed by Horror Fiction Review as a “fast-paced, rip-snorting, action-packed, sexy college romp.” He is also the author of The Blood of Titans and The Identity Thief.

Forsyth is a Yale graduate with an MFA from NYU. For 10 year he was senior writer for Weekly World News, the outrageous satirical tabloid. Those stories can be found in a co